• Published 18th Oct 2016
  • 3,349 Views, 52 Comments

Daughter of Discord: Of Love and Darkness - kahnac



An AU story concerning the possibility of what might happen if Tirek was involved in the events of Disneyfanatic's "Daughter of Discord" story.

  • ...
2
 52
 3,349

Happy Ending

The park was covered with streamers, balloons and ponies dancing to Vinyl Scratch's music. Ponies were crowding Screwball and Mothball, thanking them for saving Ponyville. However, amidst the celebration, Mothball noticed his changeling friends talking to the Royal Sisters off to the side, and he was curious about what they were talking about. He gently pushed his way past the crowd, and made his way towards the gathering. It seemed he had caught onto the last part of their conversation, yet he was still surprised by what he heard.

"Are you sure you don't wish to stay, General Mantis?" Luna asked.

"You would be more than welcomed to stay as our personal guard if you so choose." Celestia offered. "Having changelings within our ranks could prove most beneficial for us both."

"A generous offer, your highness." Mantis admitted, before a sad look fell on his face. "But sadly we have to decline. It's best that we set off into Equestria, and live our lives as WE choose."

"Are you sure?" Twilight asked. "Maybe you can stay here, and continue protecting Prince Mothball as you've been doing all this time."

Mantis chuckled. "An appealing notion, princess......but no. Mothball has proven that he is more than capable of defending himself against those who wish him harm. Besides, I do not wish to be a burden on him."

"You were never a burden, Mantis." Mothball finally added, coming up behind and surprising the changeling trio. "If it weren't for you three, I wouldn't have gotten as far as I did. Plus, you saved my life when I was in danger. That doesn't make you a burden at all."

"Your words are kind, Mothball." Mantis said, placing a hoof on his shoulder. "But this something we have to do. We've been under the hoof of your mother for too long - never given the chance to be who we really are. The time spent with you, however, has changed all that. Now we have an opportunity to truly live: and you need to live with those who truly love you. You were wise to choose happiness over a crown, and throne. Now it's our turn to do the same."

Mothball smiled sadly, and said, "I understand. Just promise you'll take care of yourselves out there - especially you, Mantis. You've been like a father to me since I was little. I'm more than happy to have known you all my life, and for everything you've done for me. I'm going to miss you."

"And I will miss you, my prince." Mantis said. Suddenly, Mothball embraced him in an affectionate hug, which let the young prince share some of his love with the former general. Mantis hugged him back for a few moments, before the two broke off their embrace. He then turned away, and allow Acari and Bombus to say their goodbyes. Mothball smiled, and shook each of their hooves. "Take care of yourselves out there, okay?"

"Don't worry." Acari said with snark. "I'll make sure this dummy doesn't get into too much trouble."

Bombus gave her an annoyed glance, but then turned back to the prince. "You just make sure you keep that marefriend of yours happy, your highness. She's your everything now, and the best thing to ever happen to you. Never forget that."

Mothball was surprised by the good advice from the more incompetent changeling, but he still smiled as he said, "Trust me: that's one thing I won't be doing any time soon."

Both changelings bowed one last time before following Mantis. Once the three were together, they turned into birds, and flew off into the horizon. Mothball was sad to see them go, but he was also glad they were off to live their own lives. They deserved to be happy, too, after all they'd done for him. Screwball came up beside Mothball, and kissed his cheek. He grew dorky look from the love he soaked up, which made his marefriend and the princesses laugh. Just as the pair went off to enjoy the party, Twilight felt a tap on her shoulder. She whirled around to face...

"Flash?"

The golden pegasus was not wearing his armor. It had been a long time since she had seen him like that. He looked down at his hoof as it drew circles in the ground. Twilight was about to ask the princesses to leave but saw they were already gone.

They were silent for a while and did nothing but stare at each other awkwardly.

"Hey," Flash finally said.

"Hey," Twilight repeated.

Another silence.

"Look," the stallion sighed. "I know you hate me, and you probably don't want to speak to me..."

"I'm sorry."

His ears perked up. "What?"

Twilight stepped toward him. "I'm sorry. What happened between us was stupid. I mean what we had was wonderful, but the way it ended was just plain stupid! I didn't even bother trying to patch things up with you. I...I've been an idiot."

Flash Sentry lowered his head. "I'm sorry too. It takes two ponies to end a relationship, after all. And...for what it's worth...I never wanted it to end."

She blushed slightly. "Can...can we start over? And at least be friends again?"

He raised his eyebrow at her. "No."

Her smile faded. "What?"

"I don't want us to be friends."

"Then...why did you come here?"

"To give you this."

He reached into his saddle bag and pulled out a small blue box. Twilight gasped as he opened it to show a sparkling amethyst ring.

"I was planning to give it to you before we broke up," Flash explained. "You don't have to say yes, but I at least want you to have it. See, I saved up a lot of money to get this and I was hoping that someday you might..."

"Yes."

He looked up. "What was that?"

Twilight shouted, "YES!"

She surprised him by fiercely pressing her lips against his. He smiled and wrapped his forelegs around her. Twilight had forgotten how wonderful it felt to kiss him. She silently swore never to doubt him again.

Others were also making the same pledge as their loved ones came up to them, and their children played. Fancy Pants had come all the way from Canterlot to assure Rarity that he had no feelings for Fleur De Lisle, and only for the mare he married. Rarity remembered the cruel deception played by Chrysalis, and was touched by Fancy's devotion to her. The two reconciled, and vowed to always be open with one another. Rarity agreed, and boy, did she have a great deal to open up about.

Spike reassured Applejack that he may have had a crush on Rarity once upon a time, but he chose Applejack to be his wife. He loved her, and nothing those evil changelings said about her not being as beautiful as Rarity meant nothing. Her friend may shimmer like a gem, but Spike assured AJ that she shined like gold.

And both Derpy and Dinky had a chance to, albeit briefly, see their husband and father respectively before he returned to the stars as The Doctor.

And as for Discord, and Fluttershy.........

Both of them had decided to get away from the festivities and walked to an empty area of the park. Their time alone together was long overdue and the first thing they did was share a passionate kiss.

"I never should have doubted you," Discord said. "I should have known you would never betray me." He chuckled nervously. "I'm such a nutcase."

Fluttershy smiled. "It's alright. It's all in the past now." She glanced back at the party. "Are you alright with Screwball's coltfriend?"

"Well...he's not exactly what I had in mind, but...he did rescue both our children and...Screwy seems happy." He grunted. "Does he really have to move in with us though?"

"Now Discord, you know he can't return to the hive. He helped bring us back together. The least we can do is give him a place to stay."

"I've already given him my daughter! Next thing you know, he'll be asking for my throne! Why, if I could get my paw and claw around his neck..."

"Honey!" Fluttershy gasped.

He sighed. "You're right. You're right! He'll take good care of Screwy. It's just that..." He turned away. "I don't want to lose my little girl."

"Aw, Daddy!"

He looked up and saw Screwball hovering above him. She had been listening to the conversation. Not on purpose, for she and Mothball were taking a stroll too.

Screwball floated down and hugged her father around his neck.

"I'll always be your little girl," she declared.

Discord smiled and wrapped his arms around the filly. No matter what would happen, no matter how big she would get, she would always be his daughter Screwball, and he would always be there for her.

For he was her Daddy Discord.

And she was a piece of him.

Author's Note:

Finally, after all this time, we finally reach the conclusion of this story which i've worked on, and off again for many years. Though some details were not added in this chapter, the most important details were left in so that the story would feel like a happily ever after. However, I didn't add all the dialogue that was there because I didn't want to be a complete copycat. This is still an au story that shares details with the original universe, and nothing can change that.

Original story is owned @DisneyFanatic2364

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment