• Published 18th Oct 2016
  • 3,349 Views, 52 Comments

Daughter of Discord: Of Love and Darkness - kahnac



An AU story concerning the possibility of what might happen if Tirek was involved in the events of Disneyfanatic's "Daughter of Discord" story.

  • ...
2
 52
 3,349

The Malignant Deception

It was another beautiful day in Ponyville since the Discord family returned home. They had retried Zany from Granny Smith and returned home - with Mothball part of their group. And even though Discord was reluctant to let him stay with them, Fluttershy convinced him to allow Emerald to stay with them until he could get back on his feet. Though he couldn't say it, Mothball was grateful for this chance. Now, he was out with Screwball and Zany to hang out with her friends, while Fluttershy went to meet Rarity for another of their spa trips. At the same time, Applejack was in the town square, selling apples with Cinnamon Roll, on this nice, sunny day. "Thanks for helping me out today, sugarcube."

"Well, it was either this, or spend the day with Gemstone." Cinnamon Roll said unhappily.

"Now, hon, that's not very nice-"

"Why couldn't you have any friends my age, ma? Everyponies either fifteen, nine, or a baby. I'm just the awkward twelve year old with no clip."

"Y'all don't have to be the same age to be friends with somepony."

"Hey, who's that stallion holding aunt Fluttershy's hoof?"

"Stallion? Hoof? Wha-?!" Applejack exclaimed as she saw Fluttershy, indeed, with a stallion. His coat was bright red, with his finely combed mane a deeper shade of red. As was his short beard. He was a unicorn with bright, yellow eyes and a cutie mark that resembled a twirling comet of fire. He also had some kind of necklace around his neck that looked a bit.... disturbing. What's more, the two of them seemed to be more than friendly with one another as affectionate giggling and chuckling could be heard between them. Applejack was beyond horrified by this. She never imagined Fluttershy could do something like this. But not everything was what it seemed, and Applejack was determined to find out what was happening. After Cinnamon Roll remarked about them being cousins, Applejack told her to stay by the cart, and marched up to the duo. "Fluttershy, who is this?"

"Oh." Fluttershy said uncharacteristically so. "Just some handsome hunk I found."

"Oh, dearest, you flatter me so." the stallion said with a smile, before bowing to Applejack. "A pleasure to meet you, dear Applejack. My name is Fire Star. Fluttershy has told me many things about you, and her other friends. It's truly an honor to meet one of the saviors of Equestria." Fluttershy giggled before giving Fire Star a kiss on the cheek.

Applejack shook her head, and said, "Fluttershy, wh-what do you think you're doing?! What about Discord, Screwball, Zany-"

"They'll be fine as long as they don't find out. And even if they do, they'll get over it."

Applejack couldn't believe what she was hearing. "What's come over you, Fluttershy? This isn't like you. Do you have any idea what DIscord'll do if he-"

"Don't talk to me about Discord." Fluttershy said coldly. "He should've been nicer to my children. I should've known....some creatures can never change." She then pushed past Applejack, with her hoof still wrapped around Fire Star's. "Now, move aside. Come along, my handsome stallion."

"As you wish, my creamy mare." Fire Star said seductively. The two of them then ignored Applejack completely as she just stood there. Stammering as she watched them walk away, turning left down one of the lanes. She was then startled by the sudden appearance of Discord, who gave out a "Yeehaw!" before saying, "Howdy there, cowgirl!"

"Discord!" Applejack exclaimed nervously.

"Aw, what's the matter? You look like you've just seen a cow on rocket skates.....though come to think about it, that's not such a bad idea." He said, conjuring a miniature rocket cow on top of his nose. "I'll have to write that one down." He suddenly found himself being pushed away by Applejack, who nervously said, "Uh, Discord? I have, uh, something I need to show you! Um.....Way over there, where there are no specific kissy couples walking around-" Suddenly, she was lifted up by her tail, with Discord chortling in the air as he said, "I know what's going on here."

"Y-ya do?"

"I most certainly do........Fluttershy has a surprise for me, and she doesn't want me to see it yet. Spa appointment, indeed. Hmph. I wonder what my sweet, loving wife has in store for me this time."

"Uh.....well, it's....really surprising, alright."

"Of course, I really shouldn't spoil it." Discord said. And for a moment, Applejack felt a sense of relief wash over her. But then Discord said, But, then again, i'm not that kind of creature, now am I? Hahahahahaha! I'm sure it wouldn't hurt to take a teeny, tiny peek at whatever it is she's-"

"Don't look over there, please!" Applejack pleaded.

"Oh, come on, Applejack. It's just one little-" he suddenly gasped as he saw Fluttershy, and Firestar together. Both of them acting like a real couple. The draconequus felt his heart shatter into a million pieces as he saw this. A pain greater than anything he could ever imagine tore its way through him. Which was only made worse as he saw them kissing each other. He was in such shock he dropped Applejack, and just stood there. All but dead to the world. Applejack nervously asked if he was alright. But his sorrow was soon replaced with rage as he clenched his teeth, and balled his fist. "I was a fool. It's happening again." He whispered in an intimidating growl.

"Discord, something's not right. Fluttershy ain't actin' like herself." Applejack said

"It's happening all over again!" Discord exclaimed. Applejack called to him, but he wasn't listening. His only response was to take to the sky in an enraged huff. Meanwhile, the two ponies snuck into a nearby alley, and watched him leave. 'Fluttershy' then burst into green flame, and revealed himself to be a male changeling. Fire Star smiled wickedly at the changeling, and said, "Stellar performance, my dark-skinned friend. The fool fell for it completely."

"It was nothing, really." The changeling said. What neither of them realized, however, was that Bombus was disguised as a fruit fly, and had been buzzing around to see the sights of town when he stumbled upon the scene. He watched as Fire Star said, "On the contrary. This is the push Discord needs to return to his.......monstrous roots. All that remains is to ensure the other ponies believe his change in behavior is genuine. Then the real fun begins. Now leave me."

"Sure thing." The changeling said before turning into a fly, and buzzing off. Bombus was confused because he thought they were both changelings in disguise. But when he looked in a mirror laying on the nearby wall, his heart stopped as he saw the awful truth of who the now laughing stallion, whose laughter echoed in the mirror truly was. "Lord Tirek!" He said in his tiny voice. He pondered what to do as Tirek looked into the mirror, and laughed some more. At this point, there was only one thing to do as Discord let memories of his past torture him in his sorrow.

He had to warn Mothball.


Speaking of which, Mothball was currently in the middle of sitting with Screwball while the foals played monkey in the middle with each other. The rest of Screwball's friends had been too busy to hang out, so she was just sitting on a bench with Mothball. General Mantis, and Acari were disguised as birds, and sitting in a tree overlooking the pair. They were growing worried for the prince's wellbeing. Now that it was the third day, Mothball had little time left before his deal was up.

He had to kiss Screwball today, no matter what.

Right now, though, she was giving Zany some attention, which he didn't mind. Until he noticed her suddenly wince in pain, and brought a hoof to her head. He placed a hoof on her shoulder, indicating he was worried about her. "It's okay, Mothy, i'm fine." She assured him. "Just got this.......weird headache all of a sudden. Maybe when we get home, i'll ask mom to make some of her cure-all tea. That usually seems to work."

The two changelings also noted something was off. But they were unsure as to what that was. Then they heard the sound of Bombus shouting "General!" at the top of his lungs in bird language. He nearly crashed into the branch as he panted while saying, "General, there's something....very wrong going on!"

"Not now, Bombus." Mantis sighed.

B-b-but it's about Tirek!"

"Tirek?!" Acari exclaimed. "What do you mean by that? It's still midday, so we don't have to worry about him yet."

"That's what i'm trying to tell you about! I think he's joined forces with-" He was shushed as the sound of rumbling thunder suddenly went out overhead. But there was no lightning to speak of. Just fluffy, pink clouds floating in the sky that suddenly began pouring chocolate rain. Gemstone was wining about the liquid ruining her fur while the tri-pies enjoyed every second of it. Yet when Screwball was accused of causing this mayhem, she claimed she didn't do it. Bombus' eyes widened as he realized, "Oh, no: it's already happening!"

"What is?" Mantis asked, when suddenly Discord appeared.

"Hi, my darlings!" Discord said in an almost deranged voice. "Like what i've done with the weather?" he chuckled.

"Uh, what's going on?" Screwball asked confused. "Didn't the princesses forbid you messing with the weather without their permission?"

"Oh, nevermind the princesses! Besides, a little chocolate rain never hurt anyone. And your little friends over there seem to be enjoying it." he said, pointing out the tri-pies splashing, and gulping down the chocolate. "See? Perfectly harmless." Then Gemstone came running down the hill with a pink cloud hanging over her as she ran. Discord was unimpressed, and said, "Oh, come on, she's always been a drama queen."

"But why the sudden chocolate storm, dad?" Screwball asked as Mothball sat in his seat fearfully. "Did something happen that I should know about?"

"Pfft! What? No! No, no! Nothing happened! Who said anything about a kiss? I know I didn't!"

"I didn't either. Dad, you're not making sense even in your nonsensical way."

"I just, uh.....i've..had a bit of an epiphany, my dear. Anyway, if....if I can be serious for a minute, i'm sorry about our little fight a few days ago. "

"You're sorry?"

"Of course!" Discord exclaimed. "After all, your betrayal was lowkey compared to the BACKSTABBING I just received."

"Uuuuum.....you're welcome?"

"But that's all in the past now! Anyway, how about we make up for it with some father-daughter bonding?" Mothball didn't like the sound of that, and his eyes widened in worry. "You know: just the two of us." Zany made a baby sound to attract Discord's attention, which he received. "Yes, of course. You as well, my boy."

"What did you have in mind." Screwball hesitantly asked.

"If you thought chocolate rain was fun, imagine what other beverages we could throw into the mix."

"Liiiike.....orange juice?"

"Now, we're talking!" Discord said excitedly. "I hear Manehatten has a severe Orange Juice shortage, and i'm not talking about Applejack's cousins." More baby noises came from Zany. "See, see? Your brother thinks it's a good idea. Don't you want to agree with your little brother? I mean, look at this face! How can you say no to this face?"

Screwball hesitantly asked, "Noponies gonna get hurt, are they?"

"Oh, of course not." Discord said nonchalantly. "What kind of creature do you take me for?"

"I'm not sure."

"Although," Discord said slyly, "when I think about it, if it's revenge you're looking for, I know where we can find that pesky coal-digging colt who used to tease you in school. Don't you think we should teach him a lesson about being nice to his fellow ponies?" To Mothball's growing chagrin, Screwball suddenly developed a mischievous look in her eye, and a sinister giggle escaped her lips as she said, "He could use a lesson."

"The best part is, there's no teacher around to give you detention." Discord said. Mothball looked to Screwy, hoping she wasn't really falling for this ruse. But to his dismay, she giggled that sinister giggle of hers, and said, "What are we waiting for, then?"

"Oh, that's my girl!" Discord said, before hearing his son coo. "And boy. Keep on forgetting to include you. Sorry about that. Anyway, come, my little abominations! We have work to do!" And the chaotic family laughed in devious delight, with Screwball completely forgetting about Mothball in her emotional high, before disappearing to spread chaos to Equestria. Mothball could only look on in defeat as the mare he cared for disappeared in front of him. The changeling trio flew down, feeling the same as the prince as they turned into random ponies while nopony was looking. Bombus shook his head, and said, "I'm too late."

"You most certainly are." Came an all too familiar voice. All turned around to see Tirek in his pony disguise, flanked by Orpheus and Sisyphus. Bombus' expression widened, and he shouted, "Tirek!"

"Wait, that's Tirek?" Acari asked. "But I thought only changelings can look like other creatures."

"With the right spell, one can look like anything they desire." Tirek said as he slowly walked towards the group. "And it served me well to aid in Chrysalis' endeavor to see our shared goal accomplished. Soon, Discord will be made to suffer for his transgressions, and I will reap the rewards to follow."

Mantis was shocked when he heard that Tirek was in league with his queen. "You lie! The Queen would never ally with the one who stole our hive from us."

"I think you'll find I can be very persuasive when I wish." Tirek said with a smile. "I convinced your little prince to sell his soul to me, after all. It only takes a little leverage," he looked down at his mouthed satchel, "and incentive to get what you want in this world. Chrysalis knows this, and deep down, so do all of you."

Mantis growled, "That's enough!", before he fired an unexpected shot at the unicorn. The hit landed because Tirek didn't see it coming, and it sent him careening to the ground. The magical blast also sent Tirek's satchel crashing into a nearby rock, forcing it open. As if it were alive, it spat out Mothball's voice, which remained a golden wisp that began sailing toward the young prince. It returned to him, and he could feel his voice had returned to him. He happily laughed as he said, "I can talk! I can actually talk again! This is amazing!" But then he quickly realized something. "Oh no, Screwy! We have to find her, and fast!"

"I think not!" Growled Tirek as he rose back to his feet, glaring at the pegasus stallion before he suddenly stood on his hind legs, and summoned forth lightning to strike his hooves. Suddenly, to the horror of those watching, Tirek's true form burst out of his pony body in all his armored glory, snarling like a vicious beast. The changelings were now intimidated by his form as the trio stood in defense of their prince. But Tirek smiled as he said, "You should have read the contract, bug boy. If the payment is rescinded.....so too is the gift!" He then struck Mothball with a burst of magic from his hand, and painfully turned him back into the changeling he was before. He then said, "Because of your general, the contract is now null and void. But I still have other uses for you."

"You'll need to get by us, first!" Mantis said with his horn glowing, and Acari and Bombus doing the same. Tirek merely laughed at their pathetic display before he drained the magic from them. "General! Acari! Bombus!" Mothball exclaimed as he watched all three of them fall to the ground in exhaustion. He was then suddenly picked up in a fiery red aura, and grabbed by the throat by the imposing centaur, who smiled and said, "Now, while your mother keeps the plan in motion, how about we make ourselves another deal?"


"Zany!" Screwball called for her missing brother. "Zany! Come out, come out, wherever you are! I've got some chocolate milk!"

"Screwy?"

She turned and saw her best friend standing behind her. Only one eye was looking directly at her, but both of them were sad.

"Dinky!" Screwball exclaimed. "Hey! How'd the date with Cinnamon Stick go?"

"It got cut short," the unicorn said bluntly, "on account of the rain."

"Oops!" the earth pony giggled. "Sorry about that! I hope you didn't get too wet!"

She expected Dinky to laugh along with her, but the unicorn's serious expression did not falter. After a while, Screwball's smile was gone again.

"Dinky, you okay?"

"Why are you doing this?"

Screwball blinked. "What? This? Relax, Dinky! Dad and I are just having a bit of fun! By the way, have you seen Zany?"

"No."

"Come on, Dinks!" She summoned a smiley mask. "Get into the spirit of things!"

Dinky stared at her for a long time and then turned away. Screwball lowered her mask in puzzlement.

"What's the matter with you? It's not like I haven't done stuff like this before."

"Yes, but..." Dinky said in a choked voice. "You weren't...mean to other ponies before."

Screwball scoffed. "Mean?! Dinks, it's not like any pony's getting hurt!"

The unicorn looked up at her. "Cinnamon Stick slipped on a banana peel and hit his head."

The earth pony froze. "Dinky, I...I didn't know! I can fix it! I mean I can't, but I can get Dad to!"

"Just because you can fix him doesn't change the fact that you hurt him in the first place!"

Screwball was taken aback. "Dinky, I've never seen this side of you..."

"Really?!" Dinky snapped. "Gee, that's really funny! Because I've never seen this side of you! What happened to my best friend? The pony who always stood up for me, who would never hurt a fly? What happened to her?"

"What are you talking about, Dinky? She's right here!"

The unicorn shook her head. "No. You're not my best friend."

Screwball's heart shattered into millions of pieces. "Dinky, how can you say that?"

"I wanted to believe that Gold Digger and Silver Tray were wrong about you, but...now I see they were right. You...you're just like your dad. You're...you're bad."

Dinky turned and ran while Screwball stood hurt and bewildered. In all their years of friendship, Dinky had never spoken so harshly to her, and never had she said such a thing.

"She's wrong," she declared to herself. "I would never hurt anyone! I'm not bad! I'm not!"

Screwball stomped her hoof, splashing it in a chocolate puddle. She subconsciously cleared the water and saw her reflection. Her parents always said she had a sweet and pretty face, but now it looked fierce and menacing. Realization overwhelmed her, her scowl turning into a frown. She gazed around at Ponyville and only now noticed how different it looked. Buildings were floating upside down and splattered in paint, the streets had a checkerboard design and banana peels scattered everywhere, the school she attended as a filly was hanging sideways from a tree. Everything looked...wrong. This was not the town she grew up in, these were not the streets she played in, this...this was chaos. Not a few harmless whimsical pranks, but full-scale chaos, the kind of thing her father said she was meant to create.

She did not like it.


"Alright," Twilight said. "Now that we have the elements of harmony just in case, we must find DIscord at once."

"How do you suppose we'll find them?" Rarity asked once they each had their necklaces on. "They could be anywhere in Equestria by now!"

The ponies gasped as an all-too-familiar laugh echoed throughout the palace.

"He's here!" Fluttershy shivered.

"Discord!" Twilight called. "Stop this madness!"

The draconequus laughed again, still not revealing himself. "Madness? I assure you, I am quite sane. After all, how else do you expect me to react when I discover that my innocent, devoted wife is not so innocent and devoted!"

"Discord, listen to me!" Fluttershy shouted. "What you saw, it wasn't me!"

"Oh, really? How many other ponies can match your delicate beauty? Applejack, you were there! You saw!"

"I don't know what I saw!" Applejack cried, looking around for the source of the voice.

"We have the Elements of Harmony, Discord!" Twilight declared. "Surrender Screwball and Zany and you won't be harmed!"

"I won't be harmed?" He roared with laughter. "That's rich! That's real rich!"

The alicorn stomped her hoof. "Enough! Why are you even here?"

"Isn't it obvious?"

Fluttershy squealed as Discord came out of nowhere and scooped her into his arms.

"I've come to collect my wife, of course!"

"What?!" Flutershy gasped. "I...I thought you were mad at me."

"Oh, I was," he purred, stroking her mane. "But I don't blame you, my dear. It was that pesky stallion who corrupted your innocence. Don't worry. He won't be a problem anymore."

Her eyes widened. "W-what did you do to him?"

He chuckled. "You don't want to know."

Applejack gulped. "The stallion...was real?!"

"Oh, yes," Discord sighed. "He was real. I could tell by the way he screamed."

"You didn't." Applejack paled.

"Oh, I did."

Twilight gulped, but maintained her stern appearance. "You've gone too far this time, Discord!"

"Oh, blah, blah, blah! Tell it to someone who cares, Princess! That title is so weak, by the way! I mean come on, who does Celestia think she is, handing a crown and wings to a plain, ordinary unicorn?"

"Hey!" Rainbow Dash shouted, floating defensively in front of Twilight.

"After all, that crown should go to some pony who really deserves it."

Twilight gasped as her crown levitated from her head and onto Fluttershy's. "Hey! Give me back my crown!"

"Discord, what...?" the pegasus started to say.

"Picture it, my dear!" Discord said, holding her out to face him. "You and I will rule this land together as the King and Queen of Chaos!"

Fluttershy's eyes widened. "What?"

"It'll be better than anything you've ever dreamed, darling! We'll improve this boring, pathetic world into a beautiful playground for our children! And since we have forever, there will be more children to come! We could repopulate!"

Fluttershy yanked herself out of Discord's grasp. "What's gotten into you? I thought you had abandoned these thoughts!"

"I did not abandon them. I merely...set them aside for a while." He smirked as he put his arm around her. "Come now, sweetheart. You've always been my queen. Now we can make it official."

She shoved his paw away. "Never!"

With a toothy grin, he grabbed her by the shoulders. "But honey bunch, I thought you loved me!"

"No!" Fluttershy cried, kicking her legs furiously. "You're not my Discord! You're not the stallion I fell in love with!"

"Reality check, dear! I am!"

"Enough!" Twilight bellowed, shooting a poweful beam at him. Discord's paw recoiled as the magic stung him, releasing his hold of Fluttershy. The pegasus bolted behind the alicorn. "You leave us no choice, Discord," Twilight said, placing her crown back on her head. "Unless you cease this insanity within twenty-four hours, the next time we meet won't be as pleasant."

The draconequus laughed maniacally. "You'll have to catch me first!"

After he had vanished, his laughter continued.

"What's happened to him?" Fluttershy sobbed.

"He's flipped his wig!" Applejack exclaimed.

Twilight sighed. "I'm sorry, Fluttershy, but it must be done."

"No," Fluttershy uttered.

"It's the only way to save Equestria...and Discord's sanity."


Outside the window, DIscord had been listening. A wicked glee filled his eyes as he heard the ponies plans for him. He began laughing maniacally before his body was suddenly engulfed in green flame. Thus revealing the maniacally laughing form of Queen Chrysalis. "Foals!" She said. "After all these years, ponies are still so gullible! Oh, Tirek is going to love this!"


"She wouldn't!" Screwball insisted, her eyes filling with tears. "You're...you're lying!"

"Am I?" Discord said with an arched brow. "It's time you learned, my dear: you cannot trust anyone, especially the ones you love!"

Screwball glanced down at her reflection again and then at Zany. She closed her eyes and sucked up the tears before glaring at her father.

"Well," she said, "I suppose that means I can't trust you either."

Discord blinked in surprise. "What?"

Still cradling her brother, the adolescent stood on her hind legs. "I don't want this, Daddy! It wasn't so bad when it was just a few harmless pranks, but this...this...this is wrong! It's...it's evil!"

"Honey, listen to me..."

"NO! You listen! All my life, ponies have told me that you were evil and that I was evil too! I never believed them, but now...now I see they're right! You promised you would never be evil again! You promised the princesses, you promised Mom, you promised me!" She paused. "But you lied."

Her words pierced him like a sword. "Sweetie, I..."

"Go ahead, then! Spread your evil! Just leave me out of it!" She looked down at Zany. "Leave us out of it."

"What are you saying?"

Screwball turned her back to him. "Bye, Daddy."

"Screwy! Wait!"

But the young mare was gone with the infant before he could stop her. The two reappeared deep within the Everfree Forest. Screwball's knees collapsed beneath her.

"Wow, I'm more tired than I thought," she said aloud.

She glanced at her brother who was smiling with glee, clearly oblivious to what had just occurred.

"Well, it looks like it's just you and me now, bro." She gazed up at the sky. "Where can we go? Mom will be looking for us, and so will the princesses. I don't believe what Daddy said, but if it's true... Mom certainly won't be happy, that's for sure. What if the princesses punish us?"

She held Zany close to her. "I won't let that happen to you, I promise. We can't go home. That'll be the first place they'll look for us. We can't stay with Dinky, and I can only imagine what my other friends must be thinking of me right now. Every pony must think I'm a monster!"

She sighed and held out her brother. "I really screwed up this time, didn't I?"

"That might be, but then again, we all make mistakes, don't we?" Came the mysterious voice of a centaur emerging from the woods. While she wasn't scared, Screwball was intimidated by what power she could sense coming from this being. Screwball stood up with Zany in her foreleg as the two stared at the massive figure. "Greetings." He said cordially. "My name is Lord Tirek. Tis an honor to meet you."

"Uh, not now, okay?" Screwball said, turning away from the centaur. But Tirek was not one to be turned down as easily as that, and teleported in front of her. "Now, now, let's not be hasty, my dear. At least let me explain my purpose here. You see, I have an important venture to deal with, and you seem to be constantly standing in the way of-"

"Will you just leave me alone?" Screwball said in annoyance as she walked past him, earning some of his anger.

"JUST HEAR ME OUT, YOU LITTLE-" He yelled, before quickly composing himself once more. "Just hear me out, alright? Now, I would be eternally grateful if you would just take a brief reprieve from this chaos business of yours. Creating candy clouds and unnatural disasters? Surely that can wait a day. And-"

"You're out of your mind!"

"Not so fast!" He said, grabbing her by her scruff, and turning her around to face him. "You see, I do have a little leverage you might want to know about." He then snapped his fingers, and materialized Mothball in his true form. Worry in his eyes as he saw Screwball. But she was shocked to see him here, and concerned for his wellbeing. "Mothy!"

"Don't listen to hi-" The Qirin twins turned into snakes, and used themselves as bindings to wrap around Mothball's body. Even around his neck to cut him off from speaking. Gasping, Screwball put Zany down to run to Mothball, but Tirek snapped his fingers again, making the changeling disappear with his two pets. Turning around, Screwball glared at the centaur and yelled, "Let him go!" But when she tried to ram into his body, she phased through him like smoke, landing roughly on the ground. Lord Tirek turned around, and addressed the halfling in a controlled tone. "Now here's the deal: you surrender your magic to me, and in exchange," he snapped, and conjured Mothball back into existence. "Your precious prince here will be free as a bird, and the two of you can run off to have that happily ever after you so desperately wanted."

Screwball thought on this for a moment before asking, "Noponies going to get hurt, are they?"

"Of course not." Tirek assured her. "Then again, it is possible. These sort of things happen in life. There's no guarantee otherwise. But what do you owe these ponies, anyway?" He then went over to Mothball, and cusped his face. "Isn't your precious Mothball more important than they are?"

"Stop it!"

"ISN"T HE?!"

"You need to promise nothing bad will happen to him."

Tirek rolled his eyes as he let Mothball go, and approached Screwball. "Very well, as you wish. The prince is safe, otherwise you regain your magic immediately afterwards. Now, with that out of the way...." He then conjured a contract identical to the one Mothball signed. "And.....all I have to do is sign this?" Tirek nodded with a smile as he watched Screwball take the magic quill in her magic. Yet he noticed she was hesitating, and that didn't sit too well with him. "There's no room for reluctance, Screwball. This is a one time special offer that you can't get a second time. So I need an answer - now! Going once."

"But maybe if I-"

"Going twice."

Screwball turned to Mothball, who was shaking his head as well as possible to tell her not to do this. But in the end, she made the only choice that was free to her. "Alright." She said, before signing her name on the glowing parchment. Once that was done, Tirek drew the contract into his hand, and it vanished into sparks. He then grinned at the halfling, and said, "We have made a bargain." Before he picked her up in his aura of magic, and then proceeded to drain every ounce of magical power in her body. The magic looked like it was being vomited out while Tirek greedily gulped it down, to Mothball's horror. When it was done, Screwball's cutie mark disappeared, and she was left feeling drained.

"I wouldn't strain myself, my dear, if I were you. Perhaps you should," Tirek formed a ball of magic in his hands, "sit....DOWN!" he roared as he hurled the ball at Screwball's feet, knocking her on her back as he came up to her, and loomed over her like a ruthless predator. "Now you know how it feels to be an ordinary pony." He smiled. "Isn't that what you wanted? Oh, and there is just one more thing." He then went over to Mothball, and with a snap of his fingers bid the Qirin release him. "As they say: a deal's a deal. You're off the hook." Mothball, of course, was busy catching his breath now that he was out of the Qirin's coils. But he was soon lifted into the air by Tirek's aura as the centaur said, "On a related note, don't you agree that the prince is quite the marvelous actor?"

"What do you mean?" Screwball asked weakly as she stood back up.

"I mean that little Mothball here was working for me, and his mother all the time, of course."

"No....you're lying!"

But Tirek simply smiled, and waved a hand towards Zany who was now flying through the air. She gave him a confused look before his eyes turned green, making Screwball gasp in shock. "You're not my brother!" And with that he burst into green flame. There, standing over the dazed mare was Queen Chrysalis in all her diabolical glory. "I underestimated your perceptiveness, I'll give you that," Chrysalis grinned. "Though the fact that I have kept the charade this long just shows how good I am!"

Screwball choked on her words. "Where...what have you done with my brother?!"

"He's alive, I assure you. We changelings may be heartless, but we just love foals! They have a habit of giving love unconditionally." Chrysalis laughed. "Imagine the power my hive will gain from feasting on all that love." She then turned to Mothball, and coyly said, "Well done, my son - just like we always planned."

"What?" Screwball chocked again.

"No! I didn't have anything to do with this! Whatever they're saying, Screwy, it's not true!" Mothball pled. But Screwball was too angry to listen. The young mare gritted her teeth together. "You leave my brother alone you...you monster!"

Chrysalis put her hoof to her chest, pretending to be offended. "Monster? My, what a hypocrite you are."

Screwball yelled and tried to make a giant hammer. But nothing appeared, to her confusion. That's when she truly understood how powerless she really was. And the growing headache she'd been suffering only grew worse now as she yelled in pain while clutching her head. Both Tirek, and Chrysalis laughed in amusement, with the latter saying, "My, my. You, and your son truly did a number on the girl, haven't you, your majesty?"

"What can I say? We royal changelings have a greater appetite for love." Chrysalis said. "I'm surprised there was any power left for you to steal."

"A little magic goes a long way, my dear." Tirek said, while materializing a smoking cigar into his hand, and taking a puff from it. "And soon, I will have all the magic I need to make this land a place where we can rule forever."

"That sounds delightful." She then looked at Screwball. "But what of this one?"

"Do what you will with her. She has served her purpose, as has your son."

Screwball's head shot up. "What?"

"Oh, haven't you guessed? My son was playing you since the day you met."

It was as if the world had crashed down upon the young mare.

"No. No! You're lying!"

"Oh, really? Pitiful girl, you lack so much power now you can't even tell a lie apart from the truth!"

"He wouldn't! He...he..."

"Cares about you?" Chrysalis cackled. "He was only pretending! He was doing exactly as Mummy told him! Yes, the boy was quite useful in my plan. I even promised him he could have you as his queen when he rules the changelings as a reward. Granted, I did not expect him to go to Tirek himself to form an alliance between us, but it worked out in the end! Not only did he drain your power, but if it hadn't been for him, I wouldn't have known about your brother!"

Screwball's mouth was open, but her voice had been stolen from her.

"Unfortunately, my dear," the queen said lowly, "now that you're powerless, you are of no use to me anymore."

A rustling in the bushes snapped the mare out of her shock. She turned to see changelings emerging from the darkness, surrounding her and blocking all routes of escape. Tirek tossed Mothball next to her as they were both cornered. Screwy turned to Tirek, and shouted, "We had a deal, Tirek!"

"Relax: no harm will come to the bug boy," he grinned, "but I didn't say anything about sparing you."

"Indeed." Chrysalis affirmed. "Take them both back to the hive. I'll decide what to do with them both later." Screwball gasped in alarm. She had to get out of here, she had to find her brother. She closed her eyes and harnessed as much power as she could. It gave her a terrible migraine, but she did not give up. Just as the changelings were inches away from her, Screwball and Mothball exploded into confetti. The changelings yelped in confusion.

"What happened, your majesty?" one of them asked.

Chrysalis growled in anger and pointed to half the group. "You lot! Find her and destroy her at once! Search everywhere! She's also the only leverage we have over the prince!"

The changelings saluted and separated for their hunt. Tirek, meanwhile, was not worried in the slightest. In fact, his smug grin remained on his face. When Chrysalis saw this, she angrily flew up to him, and shouted, "What are you grinning about?If she tells anyone what she has witnessed, our plans will be ruined!"

"Don't worry, my dear." Tirek calmly said. "Those two alone cannot thwart what we have begun. Soon our revenge will be complete, and you shall have your just reward."

Chrysalis calmed down a bit, and said, "You better be right about this.

"Believe me: you, and your hive will get exactly what's coming to you."


When Screwball arrived at the chocolate lake, she found she could no longer stand. Her strength failed her as she collapsed to the ground. All hope seemed lost for the Princess of Chaos, until a figure appeared before her and held her up. She opened her eyes to see the dark silhouette of a changeling, a pair of bright green eyes staring down at her. Instead of running, her head fell softly to the ground as she drifted into unconsciousness. Mothball gently stroked her mane. He had to get her to safety.

The prince used his magic to levitate the comatose mare onto his back. Fortunately, she was light as a feather.

"Don't worry, Screwy," he whispered. "If it's the last thing I do, I will fix this."

Author's Note:

Oh, boy, things are not looking good for our love pair, are they? Discord's on the rampage, the elements of harmony set to be used against him, and both Tirek and Chrysalis have taken advantage of the lover's feelings for one another. Now Tirek has Screwball in the palm of his hand, and as leverage to use against Discord, and both he and the queen have torn a rift between Screwy and Mothy that will not be easily mended.

What can be done to avert this catastrophe before it's too late?

Daughter of DIscord is owned solely by Disneyfanatic23 (which i'd been partially miswriting all this time.^^;)