• Published 18th Oct 2016
  • 458 Views, 2 Comments

The Value Of Honesty - Tropical Beats



Takes please after the events of "Where The Apple Lies"

  • ...
 2
 458

The Value Of Honesty

Apple Bloom slowly made her way to her bedroom, Applejack's story still playing her her head.

Geez... 'Ah still can't believe Applejack did all that..! She thought, trotting down the little hallway. When she reached her room, she called down to her sister. "Applejack! Come and tuck me in!" She yelled.

After a little while, a simple "Don'cha fret, Apple Bloom! 'Ahmma comin'!"

Apple Bloom smiled to herself as she slowly walked into her room. She carefully removed her big bright pink bow and set it in her closet. She pulled out another bow and tossed it on her dresser. She picked up her brush and tried to brush the knots out of her head. "Ouch!" She cried as she sent the brush down her mane.

"Apple Bloom!" A country voice sternly said. "Did ya forget to brush yer mane last night?"

Apple Bloom looked to see Applejack looking down upon her. "Y-ye... No..." She muttered.

Applejack looked down at her and shook her head. "Look. 'Ahm glad that yer becomin' more honest, but ya need to learn more." She said, taking the brush and brushing the knots out.

"Ouch! Easy for you to say! Your that Element Of Honesty! You gotta go through some great thing to learn 'bout honesty! Ow!" She rambled.

Applejack put the brush down and looked at her sister. "Get into bed, 'Ah gotta tell ya somethin'." She ordered.

Apple Bloom sighed as she stroked her mane to get rid of the pain the knots caused. She slowly went to her bed and and hopped on it. She went under the covers and looked up at her sister. "What is it?!" She asked with anger.

Applejack sighed. "Well, 'Ahm sure that ya know about what 'Ah did... But there's something' else that y'all should know about."

Apple Bloom looked back at Applejack. "What do ya mean?"

"Look, 'Ah know that Granny Smith and Big Macintosh told ya the story, but there is somethin' else ya need to know. It's about the last thing ma and pa said to me.

Apple Bloom's eyes narrowed. "What do ya mean?"

Applejack sighed. "When ma and pa came back from their business trip with ya, they sure had a good ol' big talkin' with me."

~Flashback~

Young Applejack and Big Macintosh swiftly moved around the farm to set everything up fast. They ran in and out of the bark to carry baskets of apples inside, they washed and fed all the animals, tided up the barn, and made themselves look presentable. Why you make may ask? It was because their mom and dad were coming back from their business trip today!

"Yeeha!" Applejack tooted. "This is amazin'! 'Ah just can't believe that ma and pa are comin' back to Sweet Apple Acres today!" She quickly turned to her older brother. "Not to mention the new baby." She happily sang. "Hold on... What if it's a filly!" She said, hopping up and down.

"Don't get too a head of yourself there, AJ." Big Mac warned. "It could be a colt."

Applejack looked at her brother. "Well, 'Ahm sure as apple pie that it's gonna be a filly. 'Ah can feel it!" She declared.

Big Macintosh rolled his eyes. "And if it ain't?"

Applejack narrowed her eyes. "Ooh, it will be."

"What makes ya think that?"

"Pinkie Pie."

"Huh?"

"Pinkie Pie."

Big Macintosh shook his head. "How?"

"She said it would, and it's Pinkie! She can predict the future!" She replied, waving her hoof in front of her brother's face. "Besides, it's not like they need another stallion. Mares are better anyway of the week."

Big Mac stared at his sister, and she stared back. It wasn't until the sound of something trudging along a dirt road caught their attention. a small pink covered wagon pulled up right outside of the orchard. Outside connected to the harness was a large light brown stallion with a ruffled and messy golden mane and green eyes. A mare emerged from within the wagon. She was a golden mare with beautiful orange mane that was red at the tips and sunset colored eyes.

"Ma!" Big Mac yelled as he ran towards his mother.

"Pa! Applejack said, running towards her father.

"Nice to see ya, AJ!" The stallion said, patting his daughter's head.

"Can 'Ah wear your hat, pa?!"

"Sure thing!" He said. "Catch!"

And like that, little Applejack went running after the hat.

Their mom giggled as she turned to her son. "Big Macintosh!" She exclaimed with a wide grin. "How are you? Is everything at the farm alright?"

Big Macintosh hesitated, but then looked over at Applejack and smiled. "E-Eyup!"

"Well, 'Ahm sure that 'Ah can tell ya the troubles that came up." A raspy and old voice said.

"Mom! Wait, what do you mean by troubles?" Their mom said, raising an eyebrow.

"Ma! Pa! Can we see the baby?!" Big Macintosh blurted out.

"Ooh!" Granny Smith said. "What baby?

"Did somepony say baby? We y'all gonna see her without meh?!" A younger voice shouted. They all turned to see Applejack with her dad's brown hat on. "Let's see that baby!"

Both the mare and stallion smiled as they carefully picked up a sleeping foal.

Applejack wore a smirk on her face. "Told ya it'll be a filly!" She victoriously sang. "Ha!"

"Nevermind..." Big Mac muttered.

Their mother chuckled. "Her name is Apple Bloom."

Before then was a yellow-colored filly with a bright red mane sticking out of the light pink blanket she was wrapped around. Suddenly, the little foal opened her eyes to reveal sunset-shaded orbs.

"Aww... But y'all gootta know what these two did!" Granny said. "I'll some play with may grandfoal later. But Golden Apple and Broken Stem, come with me."

Golden Apple and Broken Stem looked at each other, but then handed the filly to Big Macintosh was filled Granny Smith.

Applejack grinned. "Big Mac! Hand lil' Apple Bloom to me!" She said, snatching Apple Bloom out of Big Macintosh's hooves.

Applejack any Big Macintosh played with the filly for the rest of the day. They had a good time.

"Kids! It's time to go to bed!" Golden Apple yelled.

"Aww... But it ain't sunset yet, ma!" Applejack wailed.

Golden Apple chuckled. "It's bed for you and lil' ol' Apple Bloom." She said, ruffling her daughter's mane. "Off to bed ya go!" She motioned her hoof towards the barn. Applejack only sighed and left. Golden Apple watched her daughter trot off to her room. She turned to her husband. "Broken Stem... We need to talk to her. She needs to get over all her lying." She campy said. She watched as she husband nodded his head in agreement.

~End~

"Then what?" Apple Bloom asked.

"Then what?" Applejack said.

Apple Bloom blinked her eyes twice. "Then what did they go and tell ya?"

Applejack smiled. "Ya really wanna know?"

Apple Bloom violently nodded her head.

"Whoa nelly! Don't go shakin' your head off!" She settled down next to her sister and sighed. "I'll tell ya their exact words... The last words they ever said to meh..." Applejack took a death breath in. "Ya need to understand that lies lead to more lies and more. It's never worth tellin' ah lie. Even when ya try to cover up for somepony to keep 'em outtah trouble, ya need to let 'em take responsibility for their own actions. Remember, it's fine when ya fail. Everypony should learn from their mistakes, and should be alright about failin'. Y'all are here to make the world a better place, and to make out time worth while. So, please... We're asking' ya to be more careful 'bout the decisions ya make. One lil' ol' mistake and can a big impact. Think about how if affects everypony around you, and be honest about how ya feel. Remember, everypony is here for ya. Always.

Apple Bloom stared at her sister, eyes tearing up. "Oh 'Ahm so sorry! Were this really the last words ma and pa said to ya?!"

Applejack let out a deep sigh. "E-Eyup..."

"Applejack... If 'Ah just knew your story before... An the whole thing ma and pa said... Then... Well-"

"It's alright, sugarcube." Applejack interrupted. "Ya learned well..." She said as she trotted out the door.

~~~

Applejack tosses and turned throughout the night. It wasn't until she heard somepony call her name...

"Applejack..." A small and cheerful voice called.

Applejack's eye flung right open, and she turned her head to see a faded mare and stallion at her door. Her worried expression turned into a big smile. "Howdy there..." She slowly said. "Nice for ya two to stop by. Ya didn't do that in a while."

"We just wanted to thank ya for talkin' to Apple Bloom." The stallion said.

The mare nodded her head. "II'm glad that you took your own personal experiences and let them out on her."

Applejack nodded her head and yawned. When she opened her eyes, the ponies were gone. She smiled as she trotted to her closet and pulled out a brown hat with a purple bow attached. She returned to her bead and fell fast asleep, the hat with the bow tightly clutched within her hooves.

Author's Note:

Her parents are dead, the hat belonged to her father and her mother gave her the bow. Just to clear things up. Also this is out late, I know. Bai!:pinkiehappy:

Comments ( 2 )
MJP

Honestly I think ab thinks aj stole it from a comic book to teach her a lesson

Cause somehow THATS the reason AJ is honest yeah, that's why:ajbemused:

Login or register to comment