• Published 12th Oct 2016
  • 460 Views, 10 Comments

The End to every story - Thestoryteller



To every story there is a beginning and a end. But what if the beginning wanted a story that would never end? What if the beginning sealed away the end? What if the end returned to battle the beginning? What kind of story would that look like?

  • ...
2
 10
 460

ERROR

ERROR

Subject Storyteller location; UNKOWN

Subject Cataclysm location; UNKOWN

WARNING; PARADOX DETECTED

TIMELINE CORRUPTED

Retrieval for corrupted Timeline.......FAILED

Current status on time; STUCK

Great Library status; SHIT

REBOOT INITIATED. PLEASE STAND BY

PROCESSING










PROCESSING










PROCESSING





REBOOT COMPLETE

Great Library status; Needs improvement.

Time status; fixable

Retrieval of Corrupted Timeline; FAILED

Initializing AI. Please stand by.




Welcome back Messenger. Do you know the whereabouts of the Storyteller?

...

Messenger? Is everything alright?

...

Messenger, I'm going to scan you, please stand still.

...

...

This can't be correct. I'm identifying you as the Storyteller. It must be a glitch.

"Can you hear me?"

"Oh wait, it doesn't work like that."

"I suppose you deserve an explanation."

"But I'm not all to sure I can explain it correctly. But I'll give it a shot."

"In case you didn't know, this story has been written by the Storyteller. The Storyteller has one job and one job alone."

"That job is to write stories."

"But unfortunately Storyteller can no longer do his job because of what has happened."

"I guess I should start at the beginning. There are six beings know as the Elements of Fate. They are the Creator, the Destroyer, the Life, the Outsider, the Beginning, and the End. These six beings keep the universe in balance."

"Each has a specific role to play. The creator, to create. The destroyer, to destroy. The Life, to give life to creatures. The Outsider, gaurdian of the Void, keeper of the dead. The Beginning, the one who starts stories. The End, the one who ends stories."

"Because of these six, balance was kept in the universe. But Storyteller, the beginning, disrupted balance when he sealed away the End. Because of this the scales were drastically tipped in the good guys favor. Every victory, every friendship problem solved, every good thing that has happened only happened because the End was sealed away."

"Of course since the End was returning, there were times in which the his magic would return and balance would be restored. But when the Seven Demons of Tartarus opened the portal to the world that the End had been trapped on, everything changed."

"You see, when the portal had opened it sucked Nightwing, Dinkie, and First Base into the alternate world. The world that First Base cane from. First Base is the End's son. I still don't know it is possible but it happened. Unfortunately, Dinkie lost her life at the End's hands. It was then that Storyteller appeared and did something that he shouldn't have done."

"He created a paradox."

"A paradox is a portal that leads outside the multiverse. Storyteller sealed both himself and the End in the paradox. Because of this Fate is completely out of whack. Long story short I'm the new Storyteller and I have to record time or else it'll stop."

"You're probably wondering why that moment wasn't recorded. The reason is because of the paradox. When I became the Storyteller and time started back up it caused the alternate world to implode. Nightwing made it out alive, but he seems different somehow. As for First Base. I think it's safe to say that he's no longer with us."

"As for the Seven Demons. Libidine has disappeared, Descend died at the hands of Gideon because his mother died upon giving birth to him, Descend was no father, and he drove the Sword of Sin into Descend's heart, all of Descend's sins were fed into the blade and turned into a powerful magic which killed him. Tirek was turned into a Crystal statue by Silver Platter, Speed Wave sacrificed his life to kill Devorandum, Chrysalis was defeated by Thorax and the power of love, Terraca was killed by Thorn, and Infernum was imprisoned back in Tartarus."

"So much had happened and I have so little time to explain. You see the great Library is currently in ruins because of the massive shift in Fate. So I only have a couple more seconds before the connection is cut off."

"I don't know what else to do now but try and fix the timeline. I don't know how long it might take for you personally. For all I know it could take a second for some and a decade for others."

"Time is running out. Before the connection is cut off I just wanted to say thank you for reading my master's stories. Thank you for liking, disliking, leaving a comment, and reading it. I hope you have enjoyed his work as much as I did."

"It feels so strange knowing that he's no longer with me. It will definitely take some getting used to. Until then I guess I'll get started on writing."

"Before the Connection is cut, and in the spirit of my Master, I'd just like to say one thing."

"Thank You for your Time."

"I'm sorry."

Connection lost

Author's Note:

Merry Hearths Warming

Comments ( 5 )

does anybody know when meledy was first introduced?

7789524
Sorry typo it's supposed to say melody.

7789718

Oh Melody. She was first introduced in this story, chapter nine. But she has always been a very memorable character to Nightwing.

7789742
Thank you I missed that chapter. :twilightsmile:

Login or register to comment