• Published 12th Oct 2016
  • 458 Views, 10 Comments

The End to every story - Thestoryteller



To every story there is a beginning and a end. But what if the beginning wanted a story that would never end? What if the beginning sealed away the end? What if the end returned to battle the beginning? What kind of story would that look like?

  • ...
2
 10
 458

Chapter two. The Times that were Missed. (part one)

Luna could not believe what see was seeing. The Moon, the very thing she created to give light to those in dark, had disappeared. And now, here it was. Exactly where she had first put it, shining its light down upon the night. And then she remembered. She remembered that ponies were still on the moon. She showed no hesitation or restraint as she speak her wings and took off. Flying at what seemed to be faster than the speed of sound.

"Woah, hold yer horses little doggie!"

From out of nowhere a lasso wrapped itself around Luna's torso. The lasso became taught and pulled Luna down. Luna was then caught by an eagle claw, the rope then wrapped her legs together.

"What'ja think about that?"


Luna turned her head towards Discord who wore a western Cowboy outfit and hat. With pure hatred she shouted, "DISCORD YOU WILL RELEASE ME AT ONCE OR I WILL SEND YOU INTO THE DEEPEST PART OF TARTURUS!!!!"

"Come now Lulu you know I can't do that." Discord sighed, pinching Luna's muzzle shut with his two eagle talons. "And before you ask me why, do please refrain from using that Canterlot voice of yours, Celestia starting to believe I might need hearing aids."

Discord removed his claws and Luna said, in a tone of suppressed rage. "Why did you stop me?" She demanded.

"As much as I don't wish to admit it, the High council sent me. They wanted to tell you that not you or Celestia is to approach the moon." Discord explained.

"WHAT!" Luna shouted right in Discord's ear.

"Inside voice please!" Discord snapped his fingers and a pair of earplugs shoved their way into his ears.

"Why has the high council requested such a thing?" Luna asked, her tone died down a bit.

Discord pointed to the moon. "In case you might be blind, there's a giant cannon on the moon that nearly destroyed Equestria."

Luna looked back to the moon. She hadn't notice it before but Discord was correct. A massive metal tube in the shape of a cannon's barrel aimed right at Equestria stood in the center of the moon. The moon had been split in two vertically, a mechanical underbelly in the vertical crack.

"Yes that. You may have forgotten but the high council certainly haven't. That thing tried to destroy Equestria, and might very well do so again." Discord explained. "Now I know why you wish to go to the moon, and believe it or not, the high council understand's why too. But if we act irrationally then we could very well doom Equestria. Which is why I'm going there to round up all them doggies and bring me back." Discord finished in his country accent.

"And just how will you do this?" Luna raised an eyebrow.

"With my super special sack of course." Discord said, pulling out a poorly knitted sack the size of a pony. "Don't worry, I'll be back before you can finish saying 'AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!'". Discord said, snapping his fingers he vanished.

Luna wondered what he had meant by 'AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!' until she realized that her wings were stuck to her sides and she was still in the air. And just like any pony that was plummeting to their doom she did the logical thing, and screamed.


A bright flash appeared on the surface of moon where Discord had teleported himself. He placed his lion paw over his eyes, scouting out the area. His eyes landed on the castle known as the Lunar Arch. He cracked his knuckles and snapped his claw. He disappeared and reappeared in front of the castle. He looked down and smiled.

Before him was an unconscious Pegasus known as Flash Sentry. He scooped up the passed out pony and carelessly dumped him into the sack. He then flew over to an unconscious Applejack, who he then scooped up and dumped into the sack.

He came across another Pegasus and froze. Before him was the Pegasus known as Fluttershy. Discord slowly bent down and picked her up. He stared at her with unblinking eyes, his mind only focused on her. Until he snapped his mind back to reality. He cleared his throat and gently placed Fluttershy into the sack. He snapped his claw and vanished.

Discord teleported all over the castle, scooping up unconscious pony's that were laid all around the castle. It wasn't long until he teleported to the center of the moon, pieces of a shattered Crystal were scattered all across the platform. He looked to the stone statue that was Cheese Sandwich. He snapped his paw and Cheese was returned to normal.

Cheese's body became limp and he fell face first. He would've crashed against the platform had Discord not caught him and then dumped him into the sack. He then walked over to Nightwing, who was clutching an undead Lightning Strike. Discord looked at the corpse with sadness, he sighed as he picked Nightwing up and dropped him in the sack. He then reached for Lightning Strike and tried to pick him up.

But his lion's paw was shot back. Discord looked at the corpse with bewilderment. He reached for Lightning Strike again and his arm was immediately shot back. It was as though his hand simply refused to get anywhere near the corpse. Discord looked at the corpse curiously before he saw the answer to his problem.

Lightning Strike's heart had been ripped out of his chest, leaving a hole to where it once was. In that hole was a red/orange oval shaped gem. Discord then remembered that he could not touch the Elements of Chaos. He snapped his claw and the hole in Lightning's chest began to vanish as flesh started to form over the hole. His heart was pulled back in and closed off. The hole completely gone. Discord reached for the pony and this time actually grabbed him. He then dropped him in the sack.

Opening the sack back up Discord made sure that he had gotten every pony. After triple checking he closed the sack, draped it over his shoulder, and vanished in a bright light.


Luna screamed as she plummeted, unable to do anything else but that. Her magic had been somehow disabled and her wings tied to her sides. She hoped that someone would be able to her scream before she met the ground.

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH-oof!" Luna's scream was cut short as she was caught in a pony sized fishing net.

The net reeled in to Luna's bed chambers and dumped her and some fish onto the floor. Luna looked up and scowled at a grinning Discord who made the fish and net disappear. "Release me." She demanded.

"Alright, but only if you promise not to hurt me." Discord replied. With a snap of his talons the rope that had been tied to Luna came alive, slithering across the floor like a snake. Luna stood up and stretched out her wings.

Discord summoned his sack and laid it in front of Luna. "There, in here is all the ponies that disappeared from the moon." Discord pointed out.

"And he's..." Luna couldn't finish her sentence.

"Yes dear Lulu he's in there." Discord answered, immediately knowing what her question was. "Unfortunately though it seems that one of them had lost their life while the moon was away."

"Who was it?" Luna asked, part of her didn't want to know the answer.

"His name was Lightning Strike, he was one of the guards assigned to Nightwing. It seems that he died due to having his heart ripped out of him." Discord said. "Oh that reminds me." Discord teleported himself and his sack to the medical ward in the Canterlot. The nurses and doctors that were present when Discord appeared simply bowed and greeted him before going back to their work.

Discord approached one of the nurses who had cream colored fur, an orange mane and tail, had brown eyes, and wore a light blue nurses outfit. Discord told her to prepare beds for the ponies inside of his sack. The nurse complied with Discord's wish and took the sack from him. With one thing scratched off his list he summoned a scroll and quill. The scrolled unrolled itself and the quill readied to write.

Discord cleared his throat and spoke, "Dear...siblings of the Elements of Harmony. I request your presence at Canterlot because it seems that your sisters have returned along with others. Once you are done reading this please come to Canterlot straight away. Your wacky friend, Discord." Discord said, the quill writing down everything he said. "P.S. This letter I'll self destruct in thirty seconds."

With a snap of his talons the scroll rolled up and vanished.

He then teleported himself out of the medical ward and into the throne room. There were three thrones, the one in the middle had red lining cushions with a golden frame. The one to the left of the golden one had dark blue cushions with a black frame. The one to the right of the golden throne had light yellow cushions along with a grey frame, on the top of the frame was a red gem. Discord floated to the chair on the left and sat down, his arms rested on the arm rests.

With his magic he summoned up a book, a pair of reading glasses rested on his muzzle, and a nice cup of hot tea laid on his arm rest. Discord opened up his book and started to read, his eyes danced across the pages, reading every detail of his book. His mind was completely captivated in the books words until a loud noise shook him from his book. He pulled the book down to see what had caused the sudden noise. Before him was Applebloom, Sweetie Bell, Scootaloo, Rumble, Button Mash, Pip Squeak, Dinkie, and First Base. All looked like they literally ran all the way from ponyville to Canterlot.

Discord picked up his tea and downed it all. He closed up his book and threw it behind him. He took off his glasses and folded them until they were folded out of existence. "Welcome my little pony's!" Discord welcomed his tired guests. "I hope your travel was well."

Dinkie walked forward. "Discord...why did you call us here?" She asked out of breath. "Does it have something to do with the returning of the moon?"

"First of all I didn't request any of you squares to come here." Discord said to Dinkie, Rumble, First Base, Pip Squeak and Button Mash. "I asked for Applebloom, Sweetie Bell, and Scootaloo to come here.""

"Alright, then why did you call us here?" Sweetie bell asked.

"Well this is something that is related to the sudden return of the moon. However I called you three here cause I thought you'd want to see your dear sisters again." Discord answered.

The three stared at Discord, dead silence entered the room. "You mean..."

Discord smiled. "Indeed I do, I rounded everypony up, put them in my super special sack, and dropped them off in the medical ward. Everyone that disappeared when the moon did is currently resting in the medical ward."

"Can you take us there?!" Applebloom shouted.

"What do mean can I take you there?" Discord asked, "we are already here."

The scene changed from the throne room to the medical ward. Nurses and doctors working around the beds in which those who had disappeared were seated. Applebloom locked onto one of the beds and slowly walked towards it. She couldn't look away from who was lying in it.

Sleeping soundly was Applejack. She had been hooked up to a machine and a bag of liquid was being pumped into her foreleg. Her hat had been set on the nightstand next to her bed. Applebloom touched Applejack's foreleg. Her body was still warm.

Discord grabbed the attention of one of the nurses and asked her, "Pardon me, but I must know. What is the health of these ponies?"

The nurse bowed before Discord and answered, "Physically their all fine, better than fine in fact, their vitals are stable, their minds are fine, and they all seemed to haven't aged a day."

"So, what? Are they in a coma or something?"

"Not a coma technically. There just sleeping, I think they'll be up and moving by tomorrow." The nurse said.

"Thank you nurse that will be all." Discord waved the nurse bye.

"As you wish my lord." The nurse bowed before returning to her duties.

"Welp you heard the nurse. They need their rest." Discord said, wrapping his arm around Applebloom he pulled her away from the bed.

"But...but she's-"

"Resting." Discord cut Applebloom off. "I think it'd be best if we let them all rest or you might not be able to see them at all." Discord summoned a big broom which swept the group out of the medical ward. "Now there's no need to worry, I'll give you all a room to share in which you will spend the night in. Come tomorrow everyone should be up and moving around and you can all cheer till your hearts explode. Until then, go to bed."


The room was big. It had four queen sized beds, each with a wooden frame, there were two bathrooms one labeled for colts one labeled for mares, inside the bathrooms both had two sinks, a shower, a bath, and a closet with robes and fresh towels in it. In the bedroom there was a bookshelf with multiple books on its selves. A guard had escorted the group to the room and said, "Lord Discord believe's that your stay might take a while, so he's given you all the privilege to order anything from the kitchens. If you need anything simply call one of the servants over and they will help with your needs."

The guard bowed and left. Dinkie closed the door. With nothing else to do the group decided to take Discord's advice and get ready for bed. Applebloom walked into the shower and turned the nob. The shower head creaked and gentle warm water washed down on Applebloom. She laid her head against the wall.

A knock came from the shower door. "You alright in there Applebloom?"

The voice was Scootaloo's, a toothbrush in her mouth. A towel was wrapped around her head and a bath robe draped over her body.

"I'm...I'm fine." Applebloom answered.

"You say that but I know your not."

Another voice, this one Dinkie's. She was sitting in the tub, full of water and soap. "Come on Bloom, tell us what's wrong."

"It's that obvious?" She asked. The other three nod in response. "Well...I'm angry."

"At Discord?" Sweetie Bell asked, spitting in the sink.

"Yeah...mostly at Discord. I mean...I saw ma sister. She's been gone for..." Applebloom stopped herself, not wanting to say how long it had been. "She's been gone to long. She was right there...right in front of me...and I'm just supposed to wait to see her?"

"Applebloom I know how you feel." Sweetie Bell agreed. "I wanted to see my sister too. But there's nothing we can do. We just have wait and let them rest."

"But I have waited!" Applebloom shouted, her hoof collided with the wall. "I waited everyday, every night for her to return. And when she does the only thing I'm told is to wait?!"

"Applebloom calm down."

A new voice. A voice that gave comfort and warmth to Applebloom. It was Pip's voice.

"I understand that your angry about not being able to see your sister right now. But remember what Discord said? If we don't let them rest then the could get worse." Pip said through the wall.

"But-"

"No buts. You can either see your sister tomorrow, or you can never see her again? Which one do you want to choose?"

Applebloom was silent. The only thing she could hear was the sound of warm gentle water hitting the floor of the shower. "Thank you Pip." Applebloom said. "I needed that."

"Hey Sweetie Bell?" Button's voice came from the other side.

"Yes Button?" Was Sweetie Bell's response.

"What do you wanna talk about with your sister?" Button asked.

Sweetie Bell tapped her chin. She pondered Button's question before responding, "I think she'll be the one with the questions, not me."

Dinkie looked at Sweetie curiously. "What's that supposed to mean?"

"Remember what the nurse said? She said that they hadn't aged a day, so it would make sense that when she see's me she's gonna wonder why I look older."

"I'd be surprised if Dash even recognized me." Scootaloo slightly chuckled.

Everyone else joined in on the chuckle.

It didn't take long for everyone to get ready for bed. Everyone had brushed their teeth, got washed up, and we're ready for bed. While they had all been getting themselves ready a pair of night clothes had appeared on the end of the beds. A gift from Discord.

Each one had a pattern style on them, for Applebloom it was Apples. For Pip it was Parrots. For Sweetie Bell it was bells. For Button it was a game controller. For Scootaloo it was lightning bolts. For Rumble it was tornado's. For Dinkie it was muffins. For First Base it was baseballs.

While each set of clothes had their unique design on them there was a something inscribed on the back of the clothes.

'Don't have to much fun'

There was a compilation of eye rolls, groans, and blushes. Everyone got dressed and hoped in bed. Since there were only four beds a pair of two were assigned to each one. Guess what they were?

Dinkie snuggled herself against First Base, who grinned cheekily as he began to doze off. Applebloom and Pip crawled into bed, said good night to each other and went to sleep. Rumble and Scootaloo were asleep before anything else. Rumble suggested that he would simply sleep on the floor and let Sweetie Bell have the bed. Her response was levitating him into the bed and wrapped around him tight so that he couldn't escape.

The castle had become silent once more. The world itself had returned back to its slumber.


The morning however was anything but peaceful.

Ponies gathered around the entrance of the castle, everyone voice shouted at the gate, demanding that the Princesses of Equestria come out. Nearly all of the Royal guard had been summoned to the gate to push back the mob.

Watching the chaos unfold was a creature with a body that resembled that of a giant snake. The creature had black feathered wings on its back and two arms that had long talons on his hands. The snake had two sharp fangs that were visible when his mouth was closed. His mind wandered to the faces of everypony if he had flown down there. Faces of horror and confusion. And while the little ponies were confused he would slaughter them. His claws would tear through their flesh and bones like a knife through melted butter. The thought of such delicate ideas made his mouth water. He licked his lips with his snake tongue. His wings began to unfold, fully extending. He readied himself to swoop down and butcher the little ponies.

But then he stopped. He then remembered what he had been told. About what might happen should he act out of line. The snake backed away from the edge of the cliff. He groaned in annoyance as he stood there and watched the events unfold.

The mob had began to get more restless. The guards tried their best but they were practically helpless against the mob. The mob of ponies had begun to push the guards back, continuing to shout and yell.

"BEEEEEE QUUUIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEET!"

A voice shook through the mob and guards. Telling them to be silent.

Everyone looked behind the mob, there stood a yak with dark brown fur. He wore a golden crown that had purple cloth lining the inside of it. Two Yak guards stood beside the center yak. "Thank you." The yak said in a more quiet tone.

"Well said lord of the yaks."

"The strength of your voice it does not lack."

A zebra male with a black Mohawk and green eyes walked in front of the yak and bowed. a zebra female with a white Mohawk and yellow eyes bowed before the yak

"Lord Yin. Lady Yang. It is an honor to see you again." The yak bowed before the two Zebra's.

"I suppose that I shouldn't be surprised. This is a matter that involves all nations."

Behind the yak was a griffon male with dark black feathers, piercing yellow eyes, and had two griffon guards beside him.

"Lord Descend. A pleasure to see you king of the griffon empire." Yin bowed.

"We hope that your travel was well sire." Yang bowed.

"Lord Yin and Lady Yang. Your rhymes are amusing as always." The griffon known as Descend smiled, returning their greeting with a bow of his own.

"Come, let us not keep our hosts waiting." The yak said.

"Agreed." Both Yin and Yang said together.

"Very well." Descend said.

The ponies moved away and created a path for the griffon's, Yak's, and two Zebra's to move through. As they moved past the ponies bowed before the leaders. The guards opened up the gate for the leaders and closed it behind them. Once inside the castle they were met with a desk that had a large chair behind it.

"Why hello there Gentlecolts." The chair swiveled around, revealing a sinister Discord who wore an eyepatch, had a sinister mustache that curled on the ends, and a white laid in his lap which he continuously stroked. "I've been expecting you."

The leaders stood there, glaring at Discord. "What?" He asked, tearing off his eyepatch. "Lighten up a little will you?"

"Good morning Discord." Yang said

"It is nice to see you my lord." Yin said.

"Ah the two rhyming twins, quick say something that rhymes with orange." Discord asked.

"Forage." The two replied.

Discord summoned a dictionary and looked through it before closing it and throwing it behind him. "Well played." He chuckled.

"Discord." Descend caught Discord's attention. "Where is Princess Celestia?"

"Tia is currently awaiting our arrival in the meeting room, along with other certain guests." Discord said. "Shall we?"

With a snap of his fingers everyone vanished in a bright flash, only to reappear in a room with a round table. Everyone was sitting in a chair of their own. Discord sat next to Celestia. Behind the two rulers of Equestria was a tall crescent shaped object were there was a total of twelve silhouette's that sat in chairs of their own.

"I did not expect the High council to attend this meeting of ours." Yang spoke.

"The reason why you are here, can you kindly share?" Yin asked.

The fourth silhouette responded, "this is a concern that involves all of the kingdoms. It is not something that we will take lightly."

"If this event is so important, then where is warrior princess Luna?" The leader of the yaks asked.

"She is currently preoccupied." Celestia spoke, "I hope that you understand."

"We understand." The yak said, his tone a bit disappointed. "Now tell us, what is to become of the moon?"

The first silhouette stood up and spoke, "That is what we are all here to discuss."


Applebloom raced down the halls in a race walk fashion. She did her best to hide her eagerness as she speed walked towards the medical ward. Pip walked up next to Applebloom and said, "Applebloom...I know your in a rush...but can you please slow down?...my sides are starting to cramp."

"A'm not stopping Pip." Applebloom said, not showing any signs of slowing down.

"I'm not asking you to stop...I'm asking you to slow down...seriously I think I'm gonna break something if I keep this up." Pip whined.

Applebloom ignored Pip, continuing to speed walk down the halls until she saw the doors leading to the medical ward. She burst opened the doors, startling one of the doctors.

"*Ahem*. Um...excuse me but, do you have an appointment?" The doctor asked.

"Where's ma sister?" Was Applebloom's response.

"Who?" The doctor asked.

"We're looking for a mare named Applejack." Pip butted in. "Do you know if she's awake yet?"

"Applejack?" The doctor walked over to the front desk and picked up a clip board with some papers snapped to it. The doctor began to flip through it before he came upon a page. "Ah yes, she's been up for a while now, about three hours I believe."

"Where?!" Applebloom demanded.

"She's in room 137. I'll take you to her." The doctor said.

The doctor lead both Pip and Applebloom past multiple rooms. Each with a number labeled on them. They past many rooms before coming to the one labeled 137. Once they had reached their destination the doctor immediately left. Applebloom stared at the door handle, thinking of what she might see if she opened the door.

Applebloom gripped the handle and turned it. The door creaked as it was opened. The room wasn't that big, it had a window, a bench in which ponies could sit on, a rack full of magazines, and a bed with some type of machinery next to it. The bed was empty, but there was a mare staring out the window.

"Applejack?"

The mare noticed the voice and turned around. The mare had an orange coat, blond mane, and green eyes. Applebloom stared at the mare, tears started to form in her eyes. She closed the distance between her and the mare and wrapped herself around her. Clutching to her chest she cried into her coat.

The mare stood in shock. Her hoof pulled Applebloom away from her. The mare took a long look at Applebloom before she uttered, "Applebloom?"


The room was silent. That was the first thing that Nightwing noticed when he awoke. He was in a hospital room in Canterlot. He was hooked up to some kind of machine and was not very happy about it. He also wasn't alone, staring out of the window in his room was Luna.

"Teach?" Nightwing asked, catching Luna's attention. "What are you doing here?"

Luna looked over to Nightwing and stared at him with disbelief in her eyes.

"Well?" Nightwing asked. Luna swooped down and Nightwing and embraced him in a hug. "Teach! What are you doing?!" Luna said nothing, she continued to hold Nightwing in her forelegs.

It was then that Nightwing remembered, he remembered what Moonstone had done to Lightning Stike on the moon. "Teach, where is Lightning Strike?" Nightwing demanded.

"Oh Nightwing, I'm so sorry." Luna said, releasing Nightwing.

"Where is Lightning Strike Luna." His tone grew more angry. "Where is he?"

"Nightwing...I'm sorry but...but he's-"

Nightwing ripped the cables and tubes that connected him to the machine and tackled Luna to the floor. "Where is he Luna?!" Nightwing roared in her face. "Where is my friend?"

"He's dead Nightwing."

Nightwing looked up towards the door. There stood his best friend Flash Sentry.

"No." Nightwing said, refusing to accept what his ears just heard. "No he's not dead, he can't be dead."

"He is." Flash said, walking towards Nightwing. "I'm so sorry Nightwing, but I'm telling the truth. My brother...he's dead."

Nightwing backed away from Luna. "No he was...he was alive...I...saw him...I saw him..."

Flash embraced Nightwing. "I know...but he's gone Nightwing...I'm sorry."

Nightwing stared at the wall. His eyes wide and tears started to form. His mind flooded with memories. He remembered Lightning Strike flying into the Master Crystal. When he fought against Moonstone and lost his life. How Nightwing stood there and helplessly watched as Moonstone ripped Lightning's heart out of his chest.

Nightwing wrapped himself around Flash. He started to cry onto his friend's shoulder. Tears being soaked into his coat. "It's my fault...it's all my fault. I was there, I could've stopped her...I could've helped Lightning...I could've done something."

"What you could've done isn't important. What's happened has happened, I miss him to but... but it's pointless to blame yourself over this." Flash said. "Nightwing, Princess Luna has something very important to tell you."

"What?" Nightwing asked, looking towards Luna.

Luna took a deep breath. "Nightwing...do you know how long it's been?"

"What?" Nightwing looked confused.

"Nightwing...we might not have noticed it but...we've been gone for thirteen years."

There was a silence that entered the room that Nightwing absolutely despised. "What? What do you mean?" Nightwing asked.

"The moon vanished thirteen years ago." Luna explained. "It returned last night, along with you and everyone else that was on the moon."

"Tell me everything." Nightwing demanded.


The room was tense. Leaders for the yaks, griffon's, and zebra's all sat in the meeting room. Everyone knew why they were here. The importance of the meeting was very. It would affect the world itself. Discord however cared very little of such things and eating fruit snacks while reading a book.

The sixth silhouette spoke, "as you might've already known we have secured the moon with multiple Sentinel's."

"So I assume that means you have control of the weapon then?" Descend asked.

The fourth silhouette spoke, "there is no need for worry. We have only secured the weapon. We are unaware of how to operate it however."

"So what you saying, is that the weapon is still active." Yin said.

"Do you plan to hold the world captive?" Yang asked.

The eighth silhouette spoke, "we do not plan to do any such thing Lord Yin and Lady Yang. We are only trying to understand how it works so that we can dismantle it."

"There's a problem with what you said that displeases me." The lord of the yaks spoke. "Once you have learned how it works what is to stop you from turning the weapon on us?"

"I have to agree with you." Descend spoke. "How do we know that the Sentinel's you have sent up to the moon aren't trying to figure out how to reactivate the weapon and use it against us?"

The seventh silhouette spoke, "we have no reason to use the weapon. We are in a time of peace, what could we gain from destroying our allies?"

"Do not play innocent with me." Descend growled. "We all know that you Ponies still hold a grudge against us. We've always known, the alliance between ponies and griffon's has always been shoddy."

The fourth silhouette spoke, "while what you said is true I can assure you that we have no intention-"

The door to the room burst open. Everyone in the room whipped their heads towards the sudden burst.

A guard entered the room and bowed. "Forgive me your highness. We tried to stop him but he's to strong."

The guard was pulled back out of the room by a blue magic. A figure entered the room, he used his magic to close the doors behind him. "So...what do we have here?"

The figure was a Batpony with red eyes that had black slits for pupils, he had grey fur, and a blue mane and tail. The pony was Nightwing, and he had a terrifying smile on his face.

"Who is this pony that dares to intrude?" Yang asked.

"He who has a cocky and smirk attitude." Yin said.

"As a matter of fact I was just about to ask you all the same question." Nightwing said, "would you all be so kind as to tell me your names?"

"I am lord Descend. Ruler of the griffon empire." Descend introduced himself.

"I am Ramhorn, leader of the Yak's tribe." Ramhorn introduced himself.

"I am Yin." Yin bowed

"And I am Yang." Yang bowed.

"Well now that you've all introduced yourself I guess I should introduce myself." Nightwing bowed and said, "my name is Nightwing, I am the last Vampire Batpony alive."

Descend, Ramhorn, Yin and Yang stared at Nightwing. "Your...your Nightwing?" Descend asked with disbelief.

"Yes I am Nightwing, what I am worshiped as a god in your empire?" Nightwing asked.

"No...but you are a hero to the yaks." Ramhorn said. "There are stories of how you were able to give rise to my kingdom."

"Stories? Rise to your kingdom?" Nightwing looked confused. "Your gonna have to tell me what you mean, cause I don't remember raising any kingdoms or empires."

"You might not, but you were the one who split the land of broad wood tree's." Descend said.

"Broadwood trees? You mean that piece of land that was full of nothing but trees? All I did was help you split the land equally. How in the world did that end your depression?" Nightwing asked.

"Nightwing." Celestia spoke with a very subtle, yet harsh, tone. "Do please explain to me why you are here?"

"Well I heard that there was a squabble going on and I thought why not come here and watch it all go down." Nightwing answered.

"Nightwing. If you have no reason to help us in this then please leave." Celestia said in her harsh tone.

"But things are starting to get good." Nightwing whined.

"NOW!" Celestia yelled.

"Hold on a minute." Yin spoke.

"Perhaps Nightwing could help us with our disagreement." Yang said. "Tell us, 'Last of the vampire Batpony'."

"Would you mind lending us some of your time so that history will not repeat." Yin said.

"...um...sure I guess." Nightwing said, a bit confused by the two rhyming zebra's.

Discord snapped his eagle claw and a chair appeared behind Nightwing. It scooped him up and flew towards the table, landing right in front of it.

"Soooo...what is the issue here?" Nightwing asked.

The eleventh silhouette spoke, "we are discussing what should become of the weapon on the moon."

"Ohhhh, I see." Nightwing said, understanding the issue at hoof. "So everyone here is concerned about a Empyrion."

"The what?" Descend asked.

"The Empyrion. The weapon on the moon. That's what it's called, Empyrion." Nightwing explained. "And there's no need to worry over it."

"And whys that?" Ramhorn asked.

"Because it's broken." Nightwing answered flatly.

The second silhouette spoke, "what do you mean it's broken?"

"I mean it's broken." Nightwing answered again. "As in not functional, not working, inoperable, et cetera et cetera."

"How did you break it?" Descend asked.

Nightwing lifted his Crystal and a three dimensional picture of the moon appeared. "As you probably already knew, the moon has a mechanical underbelly that the Shadow Knights created. They drilled a hole that went all the way to the center of the moon." Nightwing said, his Crystal zoomed in on the picture of the moon. "There they found something that no one could've ever imagined." The picture stopped on a large Crystal. "They called it the Master Crystal."

"What is so important about this Master Crystal?" Ramhorn asked.

"It's basically a bigger version of a complex Crystal. You see, a complex Crystal takes in magical energy, forms it inside of it, and then expels it. The Master Crystal takes in large amounts of magical energy and expels it in a massive amount of power. However it could only be activated with a Shadow Knight. And because I was used to activate it I destroyed it." Nightwing explained.

"So the weapon is no longer functional?" Yin asked.

"To think something of great power was easily destructible." Yang added.

"Well...it's not really destroyed per say more like...split into multiple pieces." Nightwing said.

"So it has been divided." Both Yin and Yang said.

Nightwing, creeped out by the two, responded, "Yes...it won't work as long as its dividend, but yeah it's literally in pieces."

"Then the solution is obvious." Descend said. "Give each of us a piece of this Master Crystal. And the threat will be resolved."

The first silhouette spoke, "such an idea is to careless. Perhaps it would be better to have them in a secure and hidden location."

"It sounds to me like your opposed to the plan?" Descend stated. "Tell me, why do not agree with this plan? Surely it is the wisest choice?"

"I'm with the griffon." Nightwing said. "Everyone gets a piece of the Master Crystal. That way no one has total control over Empyrion. All in favor of the idea?"

Descend, Ramhorn, Yin and Yang agreed. "All opposed?" Nightwing looked to the high council. Receiving no response. "Very well then, the motion has been carried. You shall each receive a piece of the Master Crystal. Meeting over."

Descend and his guards, Ramhorn and his guards, and Yin and Yang all bowed and exited the rooms. Leaving Nightwing, Celestia, Discord and the High Council.

The twelfth silhouette spoke, "Discord and Celestia please leave. We wish to discuss with Nightwing alone."

"As you wish." Discord did a goofy bow. "Come Tia, I believe that we in the middle of a very smashing activity."

Celestia chuckled as she followed Discord out the door. Nightwing looked up to the High Council. "Have I done something wrong?"

The ninth silhouette sighed, "You've only been here for a day and you've already threatened Equestria."

"Wha- me?" Nightwing asked appalled. "When have I ever done such a thing?"

"We have your folder."

"Fine fine. I get it." Nightwing said. "I don't see what I did wrong though? I solved the issue didn't I?"

The sixth silhouette spoke, "you did but not the way it was supposed to be."

"What's that supposed to mean? What were you planing on finding a way to reactivate the Empyrion and destroy the empires and kingdoms they built?" No response. "Oh my Teach you were."

The eleventh silhouette spoke, "we-"

"No, shut up." Nightwing said hostile towards the High council. "You were planning on keeping the pieces of the master Crystal, rebuilt the Master Crystal, and kill countless numbers of lives? And for what, in the name of peace?"

The third silhouette spoke, "we weren't planning on using the weapon. We just wanted it for insurance."

"Insurance?!" Nightwing repeated. "You were planning on holding a weapon so powerful that it could be used to destroy a nation. And you were just going to hold onto it for insurance? And what do think was going to happen if you took such an action? Every nation on the planet would rebel against you. Everyone would attack Equestria to prevent you from using the Empyrion."

The sixth silhouette spoke, "That wouldn't happen."

"Oh yeas it would. See you guys think you know how every pony works, you think you know how to outsmart everyone. But newsflash, when you hold a sword to someone's neck their not gonna bow down in fear. Their gonna fight and fight and fight until they no longer have a reason to. That is how everyone's mind works." Nightwing said scooting his chair back he started to walk towards the door.

The first silhouette spoke, "and where do you think your going?"

"To go talk to my friends. They've been gone for thirteen years and I need to catch them up on some things." Nightwing answered.

The eighth silhouette spoke, "we never said this conversation was over."

"I don't care." Nightwing responded.

The second silhouette stood up and spoke, "you can't just leave Nightwing!"

Nightwing stopped in front of the door and turned back to the High Council. "Watch me." Was his response as he walked out the door.

Slamming it shut behind him.

Author's Note:

Leave a like, dislike, comment, or something. Tell me what you thought of this story.



Thank You for your Time.