• Published 24th Sep 2016
  • 1,271 Views, 32 Comments

Wings of The Night - Night--Mist



Luna discovers something Celestia has kept secret, and now, that secret will reveal itself to Equestria.

  • ...
2
 32
 1,271

A Conversation of Sisters

Luna made haste to the throne room. It had been blocked for any teleportation spells to be used to get in or out so that random ponies and/or threats didn't just waltz right in, even Discord himself could not use teleportation to pick on the Princesses. Soon she came to the doors, the guards at the door tried to announce her entry, but she was in such a rush, they didn't even finish their sentence as she rushed past them.

Celestia was at the throne already, having returned from her visit with Twilight Sparkle, taking care of some paperwork that involved request of what were mostly Nobles wanting more privileges then they deserved. Her head shot up as she heard her sister galloping in. "Sister, what seems to be the matter. You're usually never in a rush like this," Celestia joked with a hint of worry in her voice.

"Sister, there's something we need to discuss. Something between only you and me," Luna stated as she came to a halt at her sisters throne.

Celestia, a little flustered at her sister's demand, hesitated for a moment. She soon cleared her throat, and nodded to all other ponies in attendance, Royal Guard and Staff alike, which gave them all the signal to leave the throne room. They did not hesitate, and soon left, closing the doors behind them. Luna soon cast a sound proof spell upon the room and locked the doors before sitting in her chair next to Celestia's. "Luna, what is so important, that you were so adamant to speak with me?" Celestia inquired.

"Tia, I want you to be completely honest with me. Did you let nobles banish all Bat Ponies from Equestria?" Luna demanded.

"Wh-Where did you hear that information?" Celestia asked in return.

"It doesn't matter where I heard it from Celestia. You are avoiding my question. Did you, or did you not allow the nobles 1000 years ago to banish all Bat Ponies from Equestria?" Luna spat.

Celestia sighed, "Yes I did. But I was not in support of them, I swear. You have to understand, I was in grief over loosing you when they did so."

"Tia, I could care less if you were too drunk off of cider to be aware of what was going on. I only wanted to know the truth. And I also want to know is why you didn't do anything to stop it after you recovered?" Luna inquired.

"Lulu, do you think it's that easy, that I can just abolish such a law that is put into effect? Do you understand the repercussions that would arise? Almost every single noble was in support of their banishment. Velvet wasn't, but it mattered little when the final multiple dictated that all Bat Ponies be banished. And my word would have meant very little at the time of it's passing, because they would have all claimed I was not in my right state of mind. And they had convinced a good portion of the population that Bat Ponies were in support of Nightmare Moon's plan to cover Equestira in Eternal Darkness. To try and abolish the banishment, once they felt I was fit to rule again, it would have made all our charges lose faith in my leadership, and they would think I had been tainted by Nightmare Moon. I just couldn't lift the banishment they had made," Celestia argued.

"And this was 1000 years ago sister. Those ponies of that age are long gone. All except Velvet Sparkle and a few others. So why not lift the old banishment now?" Luna requested.

"Luna, you don't understand. The Bat Ponies have become unstable, vicious. If I were to lift their banishment now, it would spread chaos. Rumors have begun to spread these days that the Bat Ponies have been raiding small towns just past the borders of Equestria. They are causing so much unrest, that I can not let them back in. They're banishment will not be lifted," Celestia insisted.

"Tia, how can you be so narrow minded? What about the families who have Bat Pony relations here in Equestria? Are they to be banished as well?" Luna inquired.

"Of course not. They did not ask to be born Bat Pony in this day and age. They just were, and I know they are being raised to know better then to treat other ponies with violence. They are fine to stay. But the ones who are causing unrest will remain banished," Celesita stated coldly.

"Tia. What has gotten into you? Are you so caught up in not having your name tainted by a single act that you would keep an entire race of ponies away from their ancestral homeland just because the nobles of the era 1000 years ago had such strong opinions about Bat Ponies? Does your image mean so much to you, you would execute an innocent Bat Pony for entering these lands just to keep your good name?" Luna asked.

"Luna, if I let them back in, more unrest will ensue. Nobles will start to question not just my right, but your right to govern our great nation of Equestria. And if they get enough ponies to rally behind them, there will certainly be conflict that could potentially lead to our removal from the throne, and the nation would descend into chaos, can you imagine what effect that may have on Discord? I'm sorry Lulu, but I cannot let the Bat Ponies outside of Equestria back in," Celestia insisted for the third time.

Luna was astonished. How could her own sister be so blind? She was buying into the lies of others who want to keep Bat Ponies out at all costs. She knew some nobles still had strong opinions about Bat Ponies, but they were few in number and of very little influence in today's parliament.

If the Bat Ponies were being seen in small towns that were just beyond Equestria's border, it was more then likely they were trying to gain support for their cause. Not attacking without just cause. She knew Bat Ponies far better then her own sister still in the 1000 years she had been away it seemed. Luna sighed, "If that is how you see things dear sister, there is one more thing. I came to tell you, that something is coming, that may be beyond my control."

She began to trot down the stares, and opened the throne room doors, and lifted her sound barrier spell. As she walked out of the throne room, hanging her head in disappointment, Celestia was processing her words of warning, eye twitching. When Luna felt she was clear enough, she cast another teleportation spell to seek the help of another mare she knew she could trust.

Author's Note:

Oh boy, looks like things are about to heat up. What will happen next? Who knows. You'll have to wait til I release my next chapter.

Please leave a comment below to let me know what you thought of this chapter.

P.S. Yes, I did use a line from Exodus: Of Gods and Kings.

Comments ( 1 )

can't wait for the next chapter

Login or register to comment