• Published 10th Aug 2016
  • 2,199 Views, 30 Comments

My Little Gremlins - Turbo the Brony



Twilight and Spike get a Mogwai as a present with 3 important rules: Keep it away from bright lights, Don't get it wet and never feed it after Midnight. What can go wrong?

  • ...
2
 30
 2,199

New Batch and Old Friends

“I still can’t understand how Flurry Heart got tangled up on that tree?”

That was what was on Twilight’s mind as she said that, early in the morning, since everypony else was awake right now a bit.

After getting a very upset Flurry Heart down from the tree, Twilight and Flurry Heart were her lots of attention and cuddles to cheer her up, even giving the foal her favourite toy snail, Whammy.

“I made sure everything was locked up tight,” Starlight stated, as she and Sunburst where helping checking on Flurry to see if they were any bruises when the foal was tangled up by the lights, “I just don’t see how Flurry got up the tree.”

“Did you know who got you up there, Flurry?” Twilight asked her little niece, only to responded with a sniffled shake of the foal’s head.

“You don’t suppose that Cinch pony did this, do you?” Sunburst asked.

“That’s ridiculous,” Twilight stated, “Cinch may be not nice, she wouldn’t go far to do something like that.”

“Other than she threatened your friends, their sisters and pets a while back.” Starlight reminded her friend with half opened eyes.

“Yeah, I guess that’s a little true…” Twilight said.

“A little true?” Starlight said to Twilight, giving her a look, “Ever since that incident at Town hall, she’s been threatening Spike, your friends and their sisters, as well having a threatening eye on their pets for sometime.”

“But I’m afraid I may have to agree with Twilight a little, Starlight,” said Sunburst, “we mustn’t point hoofs at nopony, even Abacus Cinch.”

“Didn’t Rainbow Dash did some harsh pranks like this a while back while I was away?” Starlight asked.

“Yeah,” Twilight said, only to state, “but that was only once on Fluttershy, and she learned her lesson then, there’s no way she would do it again, especially on Flurry.”

Shining Armor then looked around as he asked, “Where’s Spike, anyway?”

“Oh, he’s a little busy sorting out with the Mogwai.” Twilight explained.


As the group came into Twilight and Spike’s room, they saw Spike checking up with Gizmo and the new batch that were born yesterday.

“How’s things going with the Mogwai, Spike?” Twilight asked.

“A bit fine,” Spike said, “Though they are still a little hype as they were befor-ow!”

The last part of the sentence got cut off, as Stripe threw one of the small toys at him, resulting in Spike to give the grinning Mogwai a scolding look.

“Stripe! What do you say about that?” Spike said sternly.

“Na Na!” Stripe taunted, before letting raspberry at him again.

Ignoring Stripe’s misbehavior there, Twilight looked to the other Mogwai as she said, “I still can’t believe that they can multiply with water!”

“Did you manage to find anything about them at the Crystal Empire, Sunburst?” Starlight asked her old friend, as she and Twilight looked to him.

“Afraid not, Starlight,” Sunburst replied, “there have been no records on anything about the Mogwai, or where they came from.”

As the three began to think of someway to learn of the Mogwai, Spike spoke up his thoughts.

“How about Doctor Whooves?” he said, “Derpy’s usually told us that he has a knack for mysterious discoveries and strange things like that.”

“That could be a great idea, Spike,” Twilight said, only for her to get hit a bit by another toy from one of the new batch Mogwai, “of course, later on, we’ll need to sort out what to do the extra mouths to feed, too.”

“Okay,” Starlight said, “once we get everyone together, we’ll discuss what to do with the other Mogwai. Though I’m sure it won’t be that bad.”

While discussing what to do, Gizmo went up to Flurry Heart (who was put down by her parents), giving her a pat on the cheek, letting her know that everything will be okay.

But he then heard a raspberry, as he turned to see a sneaky grin on Stripe’s face, and then looked back to Flurry, who looked upset at the creepy grin the Mohawk Mogwai was giving out, indicating the good Mogwai to guess who was responsible for what happened last night.


Later, on the way to Doctor Whooves’ house…

After picking up one of the Mogwai, Branch, to take with them, Twilight and Spike headed off to where Doctor Whooves lived, carrying the box that had the Mogwai in it.

As they walked, they crossed paths with a unicorn stallion, who had turquoise fur with a brown mane and a cutie mark of a beaker with glasses on it.

“Hello there,” he said, “are you two here to see Doctor Whooves as well?”

“That’s right, mister…?” Spike replied, while asked the stallion for his name.

“Specs,” he replied, “Beaker Specs. I’m just on my way to see my old friend to see if he liked to come over to Canterlot to meet up with my other co-workers.”

It was then that they saw Derpy come by to the Doctor’s house, as the Pegasus spotted them approaching the house.

“Hey, Twilight, Spike! Hi there, Doctor Specs!” the walled-eyed pony called out.

“Hey, Derpy,” Twilight said, “is Doctor Whooves around?”

“Oh, yes, he’s a bit busy in his… special workshop.” Derpy explained, “Follow me.”

As they walked to where Derpy was taking them, she turned to Twilight and Spike, “I just want to say again, I’m sorry about what happened yesterday.”

“That’s all right, Derpy,” Twilight stated, “besides, that little mistake gave way to interesting discovery.”

“That’s also why we needed to see Doctor Whooves.” Twilight added.

“Interesting discovery?” Beaker Specs asked.

“Oh, you’ll see when we show you.” Spike explained to him.

Soon, Derpy lead them to the back of the doctor’s house, and towards a blue box, which said ‘Police Public Call Box’ on it.

Derpy knocked on the door as she called out, “Doctor!”

Suddenly, a small explosion a cured inside, causing the box to shake a little, while giving the others a little jump, until Doctor Whooves came out, coughing and spluttering as a bit of smoke poured out a little from the box.

“Are you okay, Doctor?” Derpy asked, a little worried.

“All good, (cough) my dear assistant,” Doctor Whooves said, coughing a little, “although, as it turns out, it’s not a really good idea to roast marshmallows with a dragon’s flame (he was rather cross when he woke up, too)…”

The stallion then looked to see the company they had, recognizing the first at an instant, “Hey there, Beaker! I see you’ve come down from Canterlot to see me?”

“Indeed, old friend,” replied Beaker with a smile, “and I’ve been wondering to ask if it would be alright for you come over to meet our old work friends.”

Doctor Whooves chuckled as he said, “Beaker, my good fellow, I would be delighted to come!”

“Would it be alright for me to come along as well, Doc?” Derpy asked.

“Derpy, my dear,” the time stallion said, “I would always be delighted to have you aboard.”

Spike then coughed up to get their attention, as Doctor Whooves turned to realize others were there.

“Oh, sorry about that, Princess Twilight, Spike,” he said, “how are things with you?”

“All good, thank you.” Twilight replied, as Spike stepped up.

“And have we got something cool to show you!” he said, as he showed them the box that the Mogwai was in.

This in triggered the Doctor and his old friend, as their eyebrows raised, while Derpy looked to them with a grin.


Later…

“…And they cannot be allowed so much of the sunlight.” Twilight said to the Doctor and Beaker, as she explained about the Mogwai to them (and Derpy, as she only saw Gizmo the first time a bit), from how she and Spike got Gizmo and why there were no records written about them in the libraries (though Twilight was starting to write one up a bit about them).

“Quite interesting.” Doctor Whooves said, as he looked to Branch who was still in the box, but the lid open for all to see.

“And that’s not all about these little ones when I saw them.” Derpy said to the doctor.

“Really?” Beaker asked.

“Oh yeah,” Spike said, as Twilight got a small dab of water in a dropper, then carefully let a small drop of water onto the Mogwai, “watch this.”

“Uh oh.” The little Mogwai chirped, until it squeaked as soon as the water drop made contact with it.

The two stallions looked a little curious about it, until a familiar bubbling sound came from the creature, until…

POP!

A small ball of fur popped right out of the Mogwai, out of the box and landed on the table, as the group watched as the little fur ball slowly began to open up to reveal itself as a new Mogwai.

The new Mogwai was curious and intrigued to it’s new surroundings with it’s cute curious eyes.

Twilight, Spike and Derpy looked to the two stallions, as they were amazed by the fascination.

“Great whickering stallions!” Whooves said in amazement, “Now this is absolutely extraordinary.”

“Indeed…” Beaker said in wonderment, then had a small thought before turning to Twilight and Spike, “if it’s alright with you two,” he said, “I like to keep one of them to take back with me, run a few tests on them.”

Spike and Twilight looked to each other, as the latter looked to Beaker as she said, “I don’t see why not. Just remember about what we said that they need plenty of care to them.”

“Sure thing, I’ll make sure of that.” Beaker said, as they looked back to the two Mogwai, as the newborn knocked on the box, while Branch knocked back from inside, as both cutely called out ‘hello’ to each other.


Later on, back at the castle…

As soon as they got back to the castle, Spike wondered if Gizmo was around.

“Gizmo?” he called out, “Are you here?”

It was then that Sweetie Belle popped up.

“Hey, Spike! Hi, Twilight!” she said, as she galloped up to him and Twilight.

“Sweetie Belle? What are you doing here?” Twilight asked.

“You got to see something pretty cool!” Sweetie Belle explained, as she led them to the lounge, where Shining Armor, Cadance, Flurry Heart, Apple Bloom, Scootaloo and Gizmo were.

“Hey guys,” Spike said, “what is it that’s quite interesting?”

“It’s actually something you might like, Spike.” Shining explained, as he activated the gramophone, which the music started playing.

Well I’m ready, I’m willin’, and I’m able to rock and roll all night,
I’m ready, I’m willin’, and I’m able to rock and roll all night,
Come on pretty baby, we gonna rock, we gonna roll until the broad daylight.

Instantly recognizing the song, Gizmo let out a happy chirp as he started dancing.

Twilight and Spike were quite amazed as they saw Gizmo let out a few cute moves, dancing to the beat, while the crusaders bobbed their heads to it.

Because I’m ready, mm-mm-mm,
And I’m able, mm-mm-mm,
I’m willin’, and I’m able so you better come and go with me,
We gonna rock and roll till tomorrow ‘bout three

“He really likes this music?” Twilight asked.

“It’s one of his favorites,” Cadance explained, “and watch this.”

She then used her magic to lift the gramophone’s arm up, then put it down for the next bit of music to play.

Wake me up before you go go,
Don’t leave me hanging on like a yo-yo,
Wake me up before you go go,
I don’t want to miss it when you hit that high

Gizmo heard the next song and moved to the beat on that, almost like a real dancer as he chirped to the song.

Wake me up before you go go,
‘Cause I’m not planning on going solo,
Wake me up before you go go,
Take me dancing tonight.

Gizmo then ended the dance with a small spin, resulting in the crusaders to clap their hoofs, as they loved the dance.

“That was real good, Gizmo!” Spike said with a smile, as Gizmo walked up to give him a hug.

“Spiky!” Gizmo chirped happily.

The only one who didn’t like it was Stripe, who was watching from the corner of the doorway while no one was looking, seeing the others loving Gizmo, he stick his tongue out before waddling away.

“So, how did the trip to Doctor Whooves go?” Cadance asked.

“It went very well, thanks,” Twilight replied, “though, while the doctor didn’t have any Intel nor information about the Mogwai either, we allowed him, Derpy and his friend Beaker to do a few tests on one.”

“So which one should we give them?” Shining Armor asked.

“Well… you see,” Twilight confessed, “we showed them how they multiply, so we allowed them to take the newborn with them.”

“But at least we’ll be able to see some results once the tests are done, right?” Spike spoke up, hoping to show them the bright side.

“I suppose that is for the best.” Shining said.

“We also like to let you know that the others are on their way to sort out what to do with the other Mogwai.” Said Cadance as she looked to the two.

“Alright then,” Twilight spoke, “time to see how this will turn out.”


Afterwards, Twilight’s friends had arrived, as well brought some of their pets with them (as Rainbow had put Tank to sleep for his hibernation).

“So, any idea on who to take with them?” Twilight asked her friends, as while they were talking, the mane six’s pets were with the other Mogwai, though getting along well with Gizmo.

“Ah know that you like us to help, Twi,” Applejack said, “but I must have you know that we do have a pet already, as much as Apple Bloom and I like to, we have to decline. Sorry.”

This made Apple Bloom a little upset on that.

“I’m afraid I have to agree with Applejack,” Rarity added, “as seeing how Opal didn’t like most of the new ones when they came, it would be catastrophic if I had one at my house.”

Sweetie Belle sadly nodded on what her sister said, while she wanted to have a Mogwai like Apple Bloom was, they both knew that Winona and Opal didn’t see eye to eye very well with the new batch, strangely practically Stripe.

“I’ll be happy to take Haskins if you want,” said Pinkie as she spoke up, “I bet that Pound, Pumpkin and Gummy would love having him around!”

Fluttershy then spoke up, “I just don’t know were ether to take Lenny or George. They’re both just adorable.” She said as she looked to the two Mogwai, as Lenny was stacking some blocks, only for them to fall on top of George.

“Why not take both?” Pinkie suggested.

Fluttershy was awed at the idea of that, “Oh, that would be wonderful!”

She then stopped as she looked to Rainbow, “Um, unless, you would like either-”

“No thanks, I’m all good.” Rainbow Dash replied.

“And if it’s all right, Twily,” said Shining Armor, “Cadance and I could take one of the remaining three off your hoofs if you like.”

“Well, I’ll think on that.” Twilight said, until a knocking came from the lounge entrance, as Diamond Tiara, wrapped in a nice scarf, was there.

“Hey, Diamond Tiara,” Apple Bloom said, “what y’all doing here?”

“Oh, nothing much,” Diamond Tiara said, as she approached the group and her friends, “just wanted to see what was going on, that’s all.”

“We were just trying to figure out what to do with the other Mogwai here,” Scootaloo said, as she pointed to the new Mogwai nearby next to the pets, “seeing as Spike has Gizmo to take care of.”

As they were talking, Stripe spotted Diamond Tiara and waddled a little to her, which caught the filly’s attention.

“Oh, hey there,” Diamond Tiara said, as she approached the little Mogwai, “you must be Stripe. You are just the cutest ever.”

She gave Stripe a small stroke on his head, as the others watched while the striped Mogwai let out a purr.

“I think Stripe is getting to like you, Diamond Tiara.” Fluttershy said.

“I guess so,” said Diamond Tiara, as she looked to the others, “isn’t he just so sweet?”

Though while they weren’t looking, Stripe stuck his tongue out at Gizmo and the pets with a grin, earning a frown from each of them.

As she looked back down to give Stripe a small tickle, Diamond was in little thought, ‘It would be great to have you as a pet. I wonder if I should ask on looking after you at my home?’

“Hey, Diamond Tiara,” the voice of Sweetie Belle snapped Diamond Tiara out of thought, as she looked up to see her unicorn friend looking at her, “what was it that your wanted here?”

“Oh, I was just wanted to see how you were all doing,” the pink filly replied, “and I was wondering if you’d like come play out in the snow with me?”

“Sure, we love to!” Apple Bloom said, as she then turned to her older sister.

“Just so long as you put on something warm.” Applejack said with a smile.

“Thanks, sis!” Apple Bloom replied, as she and her friends talked to Diamond Tiara on what fun games they liked to do.

Seeing this, Twilight, her brother and Cadance had a small look as they saw Stripe seemingly enjoying being stroked by Diamond Tiara.

“Stripe sure is taking a liking for her, isn’t he?” Cadence asked.

“It seems like it…” Twilight said, as she turned to her sister-in-law, “I may think about that later on, see how it goes.”

“If you say so, Twily.” Shining replied with a smile.

Meanwhile, Stripe looked up to the filly, who was still talking to the other fillies, and smirked at the idea on having them and the others see him sweet at times, coming up with a small idea on some more mischief in future, practically on Gizmo, who he had other plans to make him and Spike miserable.


The snowy parts of Ponyville were the perfect place to do fun snow games, such as making snow ponies, ice-skating or even doing snow angel ponies too.

The crusaders, Diamond Tiara and their friends were having fun in doing those mentioned things, while most of the mane 6 (as Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie had taken the Mogwai they picked back home with them), the royal family, Starlight, Sunburst and Spike were enjoying a good stroll.

“Isn’t the snow time just the best or what?” Starlight asked the group.

“It sure is,” Twilight replied, “and if Pinkie would describe it, she would that the snow would be like powered sugar falling down to the ground, and I think little Flurry would agree, wouldn’t you?” she then asked her niece as she looked to Flurry with a smile, resulting a cute giggle and nod from the baby Princess.

“Well, I don’t know about you, darlings,” Rarity spoke up, as she headed to the nearby frozen lake, “but I’m going to give a shot on a good amount of remarkable skating down on the ice.”

“Ah be needing to see how Big Mac and Granny are doing,” Applejack said, as she started to leave, “Sure hoping that Miss Cinch hasn’t came by t-”

The last part of her sentence was cut off, as a snowball splat onto her, as she wiped off bit of the snow with a frown, she looked up to see a chuckling Rainbow Dash with several snowballs in her hoofs.

“Oh, it’s on, now!” Applejack smirked, as she chased after Rainbow to get back at her, passing Trixie as she came up to the group.

“Why hello, everypony,” Trixie said, “and how are things going on this nice snowy day?”

“Just fine, thanks, Trixie.” Sunburst replied.

Trixie then looked to Spike, then noticed the backpack that he was wearing, which revealed to have Gizmo inside, as the Mogwai was in awe of the lovely snowy fields around the group, while he had a sun protective hat on him (since there were short days and long nights, it was a little bit save for Gizmo to come out a bit).

“And how is my possible future magic act friend today?” Trixie asked with a grin.

“Trixie, we’ve already told that Spike would be the one looking after Gizmo.” Starlight said, giving her a stern look.

“Kidding, kidding,” Trixie said with a chuckle, as she joined the group on the small walk as she said, “but still, since you now have a few more Mogwai, I don’t suppose you can probably lend me one of them, do you?”

Twilight, Starlight and Spike looked to each other, as Starlight replied, “We’ll… keep you updated.”

“Anyways,” Trixie then said, “I was wondering if Starlight and Sunburst would like to have a nice chat with me, I would love to see how you two first met and what-not.”

“I suppose that would be okay.” Twilight said, but then she suddenly bumped into somepony as she landed in the snow a bit.

“Oh, sorry about that. Let me help.”

Hearing the voice, Twilight looked up and was surprised to see Flash Sentry, one of the royal guards that she met during her first Princess meeting in the Crystal Empire (and the one pony whom her friends, even Cadence, teased her that she had a crush on).

As he helped her up, he chuckled, “We really should stop bumping into each like this, though I must say this might be our thing.”

Twilight blushed a little as she looked at him, a small smile slowly being made on her face.

Shining Armor instantly recognized Flash as he spoke up, “Flash Sentry! Great to see you.”

Flash turned to look to see the prince (and boss, since Shining is the captain of the guard), as he said, “Oh, hello there, your majesties. It’s great to seeing you again.”

“What are you doing here in Ponyville, Flash?” Cadance asked.

“Came on down to meet up with few of my old friends,” explained Flash, “spend time with them during the festivities. Was just having a nice stroll around here for the moment.”

He then looked to Spike, as he then spotted Gizmo wriggling around in Spike’s backpack.

The dragon noticed Flash’s curious look, then smiled as he showed him to his pet.

“Oh yeah, Flash,” he said, “I like to meet my friend, Gizmo.”

“So, you must be cute, little Gizmo that I’ve heard much about.” Flash said, as he waved to the Mogwai, who waved back with a chirp.

“He likes you pretty much, Flash.” Twilight said with a smile.

“Heh, thanks, I’m kinda taking a liking on the little guy.” Flash replied, as he and Twilight looked to each other with a smile.

Cadance saw this and had a small grin as she suggested, “Say, Flash, would it be alright if Twilight kept you company for the moment?”

“Wh-Me?!” Twilight squeaked as she blushed a little.

“Uh, sure, I guess…” Flash replied, though seemingly started to blush a little as well.

“I just thought that you get to know one another, that’s all.” Cadance explained with a smile, as Spike guessed what she was doing and smirked as he nodded in agreement.

Twilight gave her a small stern look, until Flash spoke, “I suppose a bit of company wouldn’t hurt.”

Deciding to go ahead on it, Twilight sighed as she then looked to Flash, “So, Flash, shall we?”

“After you.” Flash said, being a gentlecolt, he let her go first, as the two started off on their chat, the group heard them talking.

“So, Twilight, right?” Flash asked.

“Y-yeah.” Twilight replied.

“How did you manage to achieve so much? Becoming a Princess and all that.” Flash asked, wanting to know her story.

“Well, it’s quite a huge journey,” Twilight stated, “and I don’t want to bore you with the details.”

“It’s alright, I wouldn’t mind the long talks.” Flash said.

As they walked, Shining Armor had a little stern look at Flash, only to be nudged a little by Cadance.

“I know that look.” Cadance said with a smirk.

“What?” Shining asked, trying to change the subject.

“I know a bit of older sibling protection when I see it,” Cadance replied, “I remember seeing in a few of the other siblings when I did some babysitting back then.”

Shining sighed as he confessed, “I just don’t want to see Twily hurt if anything were to happen between them, that and I am Flash’s boss too, you know.”

“I know,” Cadance said, “but you must also know that if Flash makes Twilight happy, then we should accept that decision and be happy for her too.”

“You always have to be right on things don’t you?” Shining said.

“Do I know that?” Candance asked, as she answered Shining with a smile, “Yes. Yes I do.”

“That why I love that about you.” Shining Armor said with a smile, as he kissed his wife on the cheek.

“So, Twilight has a bit of a crush on this Flash guy or something?” Starlight asked, being a little new to what had a cured.

“You can probably say that,” Cadance explained, “Twilight has had a bit of a soft spot for him, after the magical mirror incident.”

“You mean the other world where Sunset lives?” Starlight asked.

“That’s right,” Cadance replied, “thought that would be a story for another time… and besides, there is another two that I believe would be sweet together.”

Cadance had a smiling grin on her face as she looked to Starlight and Sunburst, while Trixie had half opened eyes with a grin on her own, believing the two old friends to be something quite more herself.

“You mean Spike and Rarity?” Starlight asked, completely blunt on the real answer, “You know, I kinda think it is sweet of him and Rarity being a cute couple… even if they are a pony and a dragon.”

As three unicorn friends walked on ahead, Cadance sighed a little, but kept her smile as she chuckled, “One day…”

“I’m with you, dear.” Shining replied, nudging her a little, as they walked on with them.

Spike, meanwhile, heard Gizmo wriggle, as the little Mogwai chirped out “Snow! Snow!”

“That’s right!” Spike chuckled, as he looked back to his little friend, “Do you like to help the Crusaders make a snowpony?”

Gizmo instantly replied with, “Snow!”

“I’ll take that as a yes!” he said, as he and Gizmo headed down to the fillies.


Later on…

The sun had set and while it still snowed, nighttime had came upon Ponyville.

Soon, walking down through town, Twilight and Flash were having quite a small chuckle as they were talking about each other’s past events.

“And the castle really got flooded after that?” Flash asked, as he was hearing a bit about the incident from Twilight about Starlight using a Catadupa Levitata spell to do several friendship lessons at once, resulting in a bit of a disaster.

“Yeah,” Twilight replied, “I was a bit mad at her, but it turned out alright in the end. That and we got some water for the pool.”

“Well, I guess that whole experience must have been a bit of a washout.” Flash said, trying to do a water pun, resulting the two of them chuckle while Twilight nudged him on that.

As they walked, they then approached the nearby Ponyville Pub, called the Rusty Horseshoe, as they came close, Flash spotted a contraption parked outside, being what looked like an automatic plow.

“Say, I recognize that plow.” He said.

“You do?” Twilight asked, intrigged.

“Yeah,” Flash replied, “that would be one of Pistol Futterman’s vehicles.”

“Who’s he?” Twilight asked.

“Futterman is an old friend of my dad’s,” explained Flash, “he’s a griffon, but has a bad disability in his wings since a flight accident, sadly meaning that he can’t fly. But, he has a bit of a knack for making and driving vehicles, mostly auto carts.”

As they came up to the bar, they heard some laughter inside, as they looked, they saw Cranky Doodle Donkey, having a nice chat with Pistol.

Pistol was a grayish and white griffon, wearing a pilot’s jacket with a lovely green scarf wrapped around his neck. While his wings looked all right, they didn’t flap a lot, as Flash explained that the griffon couldn’t fly again.

Cranky was busy giving some comfort for the griffon, as it turned out the griffon had… a bit much to drink a bit, as there were three beer mugs next to Futterman, as there was a fourth currently in his claws.

“This is some Heart’s Warming. Eh, Cranky?” they heard Pistol say, as he felt a little drunk, but a little cheerful, “Gettting together like the ol’ days, drinking down our worries ‘bout tomorrow like there be no tomorrow at all, eh? Boy, oh boy! I feel so good; I could spit any doubter straight in the eye! I think I will. I think I will.”

“Yes you could do that tomorrow,” Cranky said with a smile, as he tried to get Pistol up, “for now though, it’s getting late, so we should be getting home.”

“Aw, just one more on the road, pal?” Pistol said, as he took an empty bottle and blew in it like trains whistle.

“No thanks, it’ll be okay.” Cranky said with a chuckle, as he got the griffon of his stool, put his pilot hat on and then the two walked to the door.

“Hey there, Cranky.” Twilight said with a smile, as she and Flash waved hello to them.

“Hello there, Twilight.” Cranky said, “Please to see you here.”

Pistol grinned happily as he saw Flash, “Hey there! Hi there! Ho there, Flash! H-how nice to see you on a night like this!”

“Great seeing you again too, Pistol.” Flash replied.

“Who’s this now, Twilight?” Cranky asked.

“Oh, this is Flash Sentry,” Twilight said as she introduced to Flash, before looking to the griffon, “and he’s told me that you must be Pistol Futterman.”

“That’s right, dear lady.” Pistol said, before eyeing Flash with a grin, saying, “good work on ya, lad. You done a got ya a good mare to be with.”

Twilight and Flash blushed at this.

“Oh, we’re not…” Twilight said.

“Yeah… just friends! That’s all.” Flash added, as he and Twilgith shared a nervous chuckle.

At that moment, the others arrived to see Cranky and Pistol exit the bar, Gizmo, meanwhile, having had his umbrella hat off since it was now night.

“Hey, Twilight,” Cadance spoke, “how are things going?”

“Oh, good thanks,” replied Twilight, “we were just saying hello to Cranky and his friend, Pistol.”

“Oh, yes,” Rarity spoke up, “Pinkie told me that Cranky had a friend coming over to see him for the holidays.”

“Great seeing you all too.” Cranky said, as he was helping out his griffon buddy.

Just then, Diamond Tiara’s parents arrived.

“Well howdy, Riches.” Applejack said, “How y’all doing this evening?”

“Very well, thank you,” Filthy Rich said, as he then looked to Twilight and Spike, “why hello there, Princess Twilight, I was wondering if you and Spike had any thoughts about my little Mogwai idea?”

“Well, we haven’t quite thought of it just yet.” Twilight stated.

“Well, if you do, just let me know and I’ll sort out the rest.” Filthy stated, looking mighty porud.
“Ah also take it y’all here for Diamond Tiara?” Applejack asked.

“Indeed, we are.” Filthy Rich replied.

“It’s almost passed her bedtime,” Spoiled Rich added, “and she mustn’t look so… commonly scruffy and tired in the morning.”

Rolling her eyes, Applejack looked to the ping filly.

“You best get on home,” she said, “after all, Apple Bloom would need to look her best too, what with Babs Seed coming over.”

“Okay,” Diamond Tiara said, as she looked to Apple Bloom, “thanks for the lovely time, Apple Bloom.”

“No problem, Diamond Tiara.” Apple Bloom said, as Diamond Tiara walked to her parents.

“Such sweet fillies…” Pistol said with a chuckle, before feeling a little spaced out as he then looked to Flash, “What was I doing again?”

“You were going home.” Flash replied with a smile

“Oh, yeah, thanks,” Pistol said with a smile, as he waved and walked to his plow, “g’night.”

“Goodnight.” Twilight and Flash spoke back.

“Nice meeting ya, Mr. Futterman.” Scootaloo exclaimed.

Then, Twilight spoke up, “Think it’s best we head home ourselves.”

“Good idea, Twilight.” Spike said, as he and Starlight nodded in agreement, as Gizmo let out a cute yawn.

Soon the two groups started to leave the bar and head back to their respective homes, while Spike checked on little Gizmo before walking with the others.

“Gremlins…”

That little drunken mutter of the word caught Spike’s attention, as he turned to Pistol, as he was the one who said it.

“Um… what did you say?” Spike asked, as it got the groups’ attention as they looked back to Spike and Pistol.

Pistol looked back to Spike, the fillies (whom the latter walked back a little to the dragon) and the others as he said, “You got-you gotta keep an eye on them machinery cuz there might be gremlins messing around in them.”

“Gremlins?” asked Scootaloo, “You mean the weather gremlins that Rainbow Dash had to deal with?”

“Nah! Not them weather wacko wannabes!” Pistol said as he waved that option off as he got into the plow while explaining, “I mean the actual, real-deal, little green, tinkering trouble makers. Playing tricks while tampering with our machines.”

This caught the interests of Spike and the fillies about that, “So there are other gremlins, as you say, that are actual gremlins as you describe?” Sweetie Belle asked with a raised eye.

“Wow, do ya think we can find one?” Apple Bloom asked.

“Oh, poppycock,” Spoiler Rich scoffed, “aside from those weather creatures, gremlins don’t exsit.”

“I agree with my wife on this,” Filthy Rich added, “I’ve asually get this from some of my foreigner workers, even Abacus Cinch gets that too, they’re just an excuse when things go wrong and no pony knows why.”

“I’ll have you know that Mr. Futterman is a good, close friend to Cranky and my dad,” Flash stepped in for Pistol, “and if he says there are gremlins, there are.”

This earned a snort from Spoiled Rich on that.

“Oh, those are just things that Pistol use to tell me during my traveling days,” Cranky stated, “he claims that these gremlins are real.”

“Oh, You bet a buck, they are real.” Pistol said as he tried to start the plow while explaining, “Y’know, my daddy told that there could still be gremlins around when you lest expect it. They could be in the auto carts, planes, trains, boats, zeppelins, yer tv, ovens, microwaves, they be in yer stereos and those little radios you stick in yer ears,” Pistol pointed to where an ear would be on his head as he described that, then pointed to his wrist has he even said, “there even be in yer watches, they have tiny gremlins for our watches!”

Flash then walked up to Pistol as he said, “Say, Mr. Futterman, I don’t think you should be driving, how about you walk home?”

Just when it looked like that Pistol would argue back in a drunk way, he actually accepted the idea and changed his mind on what he was about to say.

“You know, Flashy,” he said, “I think maybe… maybe I should walk home. It’s a nice night for one too, ya know?”

As he then got out of the plow, Twilight spoke up, “Well, we should be going. Nice meeting you.”

“You lot too,” Pistol said, as he then turned to Cranky, “help a pal out?”

“Sure thing, buddy.” Cranky said, as he walked on ahead in the direction to show his griffon friend where to go.

“Goodnight.” Twilight called back.

“Happy Heart’s Warming!” the fillies spoke out.

“You too,” Pistol said as he waved back to them, “Goodnight.”

As the group headed off, Spike looked to Twilight, as he asked, “Do you think what Mr. Futterman said was true, about the gremlins?”

“Well, I only know about the weather ones like Scootaloo mentioned,” Twilight said, “but maybe there could be the ones Pistol mentioned, or maybe not, we’ll find out more later, but for now we should focus on the Mogwai, practically the one feeling quite tired.”

Gizmo let out another cute yawn to proof her point.

“Okay, Twilight,” Spike said, “I’m sure Gizmo would be fall to sleep after a good story of Burnferno.”

Twilight chuckled at that as she said, “Spike, you already read that to Gizmo, several times.”

“Well, it’s his favorite.” Spike exclaimed.

“Including yours?” Twilight asked, with a grin and raised look.

Spike then shrugged as he said, “Yeah, true.”

Meanwhile, Cranky, going in the different direction, looked to Pistol as he asked, “You coming?”

“Sure thing!” Pistol replied, as he took a few steps away from the bar, before stopping to take a good look at his plow, as he then let out a small chuckle.

“Gremlins…” he muttered to himself with a smile, before walking with his friend back to the place he was staying for the holidays.

Author's Note:

As I mentioned before, while the stor will feature elements of the first Gremlins film, it will feature elements from the 2nd, which we’ll be seeing in the next chapter!

Stay tune, True Believers!

I’m Ready belongs to Fats Domino

Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go belongs to Wham!

Comments ( 8 )

so what they counter next chapter?

8162238 Basically we see what happened with the Mogwai when it was took under the care of Doctor Whooves' friend, and we in the next chapter, it will feature elements of the second movie, basically with the science lab, and later on in the story, Daffy and Mohawk, along with more mischievous Mogwai, will appear too, to cause mayhem in Canterlot!

Comment posted by brandonvortex deleted Jun 9th, 2017

Gizmo Ka ka.

will this continue

I hope this will be continued, its a really great story so far

Will hulk hogan break the fourth wall?

Login or register to comment