• Published 10th Jan 2017
  • 1,787 Views, 16 Comments

The Little Pony Legend: Shadow of Ronin - MyEcho4



Seven years have passed since Balance of the Heart. Now the team must reunite to stop and ancient evil and save the day once again

  • ...
11
 16
 1,787

Epilogue

Several Days Later…

Nova Nightshade sat on a small cliff looking over the vast world of Equestria and the portal that led to the Avatar’s world. So much was going through his head. it was still hard to believe what was happening. One minute he was being bitter and rude then the next, he’s been accepted into a family and now is training the princesses daughter. Chi has gained some new best friends, as did he with Team Avatar, most notably, Sunset Shimmer. Not even a prophecy seer could see this outcome happen. Speaking of which.

“I knew I would find you here.”

He didn't even bother turning around when he heard footsteps coming behind him. He knew who it was.

“What gave it away?”

“Well this is the place where you and Midnight always went to get some “alone time”.” Leilani said with a chuckle. Nova’s ears perked up and his head turned to face her.

“How did you-?”

“I have my ways.” she said. Nova arched an eyebrow.

“Yen Sid ask me to keep an eye on you two.”

Nova rolled his eyes. Of course he would. “Why am I not surprised?”

“When are you ever?”

“Touche”

Leilani took a seat beside the unicorn and the two gazed out onto the morning sun. Equestria’s beauty at it's finest.

“Beautiful Isn't it?” he said.

“Indeed.”

Nova turned to Leilani. Even after all these years, she still was quite beautiful for her age. Her rainbow mane flowed through the air and her purple eyes sparkled from the rays of the sun. She noticed Nova looking at her and turned her head, Nova cleared his throat and turned his head back up.

“Hey. Leilani.”

“Hmm?”

“I….I just want to say-”

“There is no need to apologize, Nova.”

“Yes there is.” He said as he turned around to face her right in the eyes. “I have treated you so poorly and harsh. All you ever wanted was to bring peace to us and the other ponies. You never wanted any of this to happen. And even after all the things I said, you still wouldn't give up. And thanks to my selfish feelings, I nearly destroyed the world.” the unicorn could feel tears coming down as voice began to crack. “If I wasn't such a stubborn horse, none of this would've never happened. And I’m sorry. I’m so so sorry!”

Nova lowered his head and allowed the tears to come flowing down, hitting the soft green grass below him. Leilani slowly lifted his head up with her hoof and had him look her right in her eyes. Wiping his tears with her mane.

“Nova Nightshade. None of this was your fault. It never was. When I met you for the first time, you were many things. Smart and courageous but stubborn and a hard head. I looked into your heart after what happened on that day….I had no one to blame but myself. I should've been a better leader and should've known that my own people would turn against me. I deserved all that anger and hate. I could've done something to prevent this. But now I looked back at this. I realized...maybe this was supposed to happen. I became a stronger and better leader, one who would do anything to protect my people. Ponies and non-ponies. You let go of the past and grew to become the pony you are now. You became a brother, a friend, a teacher, and a hero. I know that even if they are not with us anymore, You're family would be very proud of you. As am I.”

Without even hesitating, the unicorn embraced Leilani as she did back to him. It felt like they never wanted to let go because for first time in a long time, they were finally friends again.

“So..do you wanna start over?” Nova asked as the hug broke.

“Yeah. that sounds great.” She replied. “Speaking of which…is today you're first day of class?”

Nova’s eyes shot open.

“Ah Pony Feathers! I’m gonna be late!” he exclaimed before galloping off down the hill. Leilani could only giggle and she began to walk casually back down but stopped in her tracks and turned her head to side and gave a small smile to something before continuing her walk. Some ways away, several figures were watching the events unfold. They both looked at each other and smiled before turning into butterflies and flying off into the sunrise. A new day has begun.

*******

“Annnd done!” exclaimed Mako as he stood back up and crossed his arms with satisfaction. “You're all ready to go!”

“Uh, you think this a bit too much?” Korra asked him.

“Oh come on, she doesn't mind do you, pumpkin?”

Iris was trying her best to keep her balance while having all this stuff on her. She had a hoofball helmet, shoulder and knee pad and several cushions wrapped around her body while being held together by a belt. She look up at her father and glared at him.

“I look like a walking pillow.”

“Well we have to take safety precautions of course.” he said, trying to defend himself. “it is your first day of training, after all.”

“Dad. I can barely walk. let alone move my arms.”

“Just give it a while.”

“Mommy!”

Korra couldn't help but let out a small giggle. With the wave of her hand, the cushions and shoulder pads were removed and the football helmet remained.

“At least let her have on the helmet.”

“Thank you.”

“And maybe the shoulder pads…”

“Mom!”

Korra laughed as she held her little bundle of joy and covered her in kisses, Mako joining in as well. She was so proud of her. Getting her cutie mark, saving the world, and now she's starting training. But even with all this joy, she still felt a little guilty about keeping the whole avatar thing a secret. But it's only till she's older, right now she needs to focus on magic. They will cross that road when the time comes. Her thoughts were suddenly put on hold when she heard a knock at the door.

“I may know who that is.” Mako said as he walked towards the door and opened it...only to be greeted by a sweating, and incredibly exhausted Nova who looked like he just ran around the entire city five times.

“Uh. Morning, Nova.”

“I’m….Sorry...I’m...late..” he said between breath.

Mako's eyes darted side to side. “Uh. you want a glass of water or something?”

“No No Thank you. I’m fine.” Nova politely declined. “Just give me a second...Ah.”

“Okay then.”

“Nova!”

The thoughts of being exhausted quickly melted away as Nova was met with a warm embrace by the little princess. She didn't care if he was covered in sweat, she was just glad to see him.

“Hey, Tiger shark!” He laughed as the hug ended. “Ready to start your first day?”

“You know it!” she answered. She was so full of energy this morning. Clear sign that her magic was back and was well rested. Nova then took noticed of the helmet she had on.

“Looks like you're folks weren't kidding when they said to wear a helmet.” He said, slightly knocking down the helmet. He looked up at Mako and Korra, who had just appeared beside him. “Is it really necessary?”

“Only for the first several months.” Mako said.

“Weeks.” Korra corrected.

“Honey!”

“She saved the world and broke a darkness sealing sword, Give her a break.”

Mako crossed his arms and pouted like a child. “Yeah I guess so.”

“Don't worry, you guys. I promise you you're daughter is in good hands. Nothing will happen to her.”

“Nothing better not.” Korra stated as she walked over to him and placed a hand on his shoulder. “Cause turning you into a toad is still in the hole.”

Nova gulped in fear at the memory of when they first met. Korra saw this and simply laughed, playfully punched his arm.

“I’m just playing with ya!”

Nova’s expression faded away and replaced with him laughing. “Ah Of course you are.”

“Nova! are we gonna go or what?”

“Oh right!” he said, almost forgetting about today's activity. “I’ll bring her back around five today.”

“Four-thirty.” Mako corrected. “Not a minute late.”

Nova rolled his eyes. “Yeah Yeah Yeah.” He grabbed Iris and hoisted her up on his shoulders giving her a piggie back ride.

“Bye Mom! Bye Dad!”

“Have fun sweetie!” Korra shouted. “And try not to do anything to Tenzin's head!”

“I won't!”

The two waved one last time to the adults before making their way to Air Temple Island.

“She’s wasn't kidding about the toad is she?”

“Do you have a crush on Sunset Shimmer?”

“Now don't you start. Heh heh.”of

*~*

The kids, Flurryheart, Rohan and the spirits kids were sitting on benches overlooking the courtyard of the island eagerly waiting for Iris and Nova to come. It was her first day of training so they wanted to be there to support her. To keep their spirits up, Hiro and Chi, who had on a cheerleader uniform with Iris’s colors Tan, pink and purple with pom poms of the same color, was making time past with their motivation.

“Give me a “I”!” Hiro shouted through a blow horn

“Give me a “R”!” Chi shouted as she turned into the letter.

“Give an “I”!” Hiro shouted

“Give me an ‘S’!” Chi shouted as she once again turned into that letter!”

“What does it spell?” they said in unison.

“IRIS!” everyone shouted.

“Goooo Iris!” the two shouted as Hiro got up on Chi’s shoulder to make an “I”.

Akari’s ear twitched and smiled as she turned around to see the student and teacher arriving.

“Iris!”

Everyone turned and cheered as the alicorn made her way to the courtyard, she tries her best not to blush but it was useless. Upon seeing her, Chi and Hiro groaned and collapsed from exhaustion.

“I’m….never….wearing….a skirt like this….again” the wisp panted.

“You gotta...admit….we were….awesome out there.” Hiro said between breaths.

“You….said it…” she held out her fist and Hiro held his.

“Booya.” they both said before passing out.

“Uh, whats with the helmet?” Mai asked.

“lemme guess...Uncle Mako?”

“Isn't it obvious?” Iris sighed. “He said to keep this on for the next several weeks.”

“Well that's no fun!” Flurryheart exclaimed. “When I had to train, I didn't have to wear a helmet.”

“Yeah. Everyone else did.” Rohan muttered but Sweetie Belle heard him and punched him in the arm. “Ow!”

Nova rubbed his chin in thought before snapping his fingers. “Well..maybe you don't have to wear it.”

Iris looked at him, confused. “What do you mean?”

Nova took off the helmet and simply tossed it aside. His horn then glowed along with his finger and he began to make something in thin air. Once done, it looked almost exactly like the helmet she had on before and he placed it on Iris head. Upon touching her, it disappeared.

“Woah.” Ali said in awe. “What was that?”

“That was a safety spell.” Nova answered. “The “Special” One. So now you will be safe without the need to wear that helmet, And the best part is, it's like it's not even there.”

“Awesome!” Iris said with excitement. “Can I try it? Please?”

“Woah Woah easy there. That one is quite more complicated than you think.”

“Oh.” Iris said, lowering her head.

“But don't worry, we’ll get it. When its time comes of course.” He said ruffling her hair, making her giggle. “Besides, today, I’m gonna teach you some other fun spells today.”

“Wait.” Mika interrupted. “Do you have to read or something before doing spells?”

Nova chuckled. “That's the unicorn way. This is the sorcerers way. Just no walking mops and water included.”

"Walking mops?"

"Long story."

“Yeah, Yeah. Are we gonna get started or what?” said an impatient Akari.

“I can see you got that from your Aunt.” Nova muttered. “Alright people, and ponies, and spirits, take your seats!”

The kids quickly ran towards the benches but not before helping up the two cheerleaders, Mai and Gallant helping Hiro and Flurryheart and Akari helping Chi. Once everyone was comfortable, Iris and Nova took to the center. The two locked eyes with each other, Nova giving her a wink.

“You ready?”

“I was born ready.”

“Excellent. Let us Begin.”

THE END

Author's Note:

And there's the Epilogue. At Last, the story is done. Finally done, No more edits, no more changes, whats here is here and its done. Thank you all for reading and if you enjoyed this, check out the sequel by Maggiesheartlove on her page. And with that said, Write On!

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment