• Published 10th Jan 2017
  • 1,739 Views, 16 Comments

The Little Pony Legend: Shadow of Ronin - MyEcho4



Seven years have passed since Balance of the Heart. Now the team must reunite to stop and ancient evil and save the day once again

  • ...
12
 16
 1,739

Day of Harmony

The Day of Harmony

The clock struck noon and people were lining the street sidewalk, excited for the parade to begin. Kids and fillies were running playfully around the sidewalk, chasing one another while giggling. Vendors walked around giving concessions to the people like cold drink or snacks. Everyone eagerly awaited for the big parade that would kick off the celebration. 10 years ago, Twilight and her Friends found their way into Korra's world and changed not only their worlds, but made history. And today, their stories would be retold for everyone to see and hear. On the other side of the city everyone got into position. The floats were in line, the police, and the heroes had gathered together, ready to get on their respected floats. Twilight, Fluttershy, Sunset Shimmer, and Applejack caught up with the gang sometime before. Everyone was there…except for Rarity.

"Ugh! Where is Rarity?!" Rainbow Dash said, annoyed at the unicorn's tardiness. "The parade starts in…" she looked down at the watch on her wrist, "Five minutes!"

"She's probably gonna make some sort of grand entrance." Applejack said while rolling her eyes

"I'm here! Wait for me!" just in time, Rarity rushed into view, literally out of breath. She came to a halt in front of AJ. Thankfully, she had not ran too far and wasn't sweating.

"Not the 'grand' entrance I was expecting," said Flash Sentry.

"Sorry I'm late. After I was finished with the costumes I dozed off. It it hadn't been for Opalescence I wouldn't have gotten here in time."

"Did you run all the way here from your boutique?" Sunset Shimmer asked in shock.

"Not really, I called for a cab but it couldn't get through due to the crowd, so I got out and ran all the way here and I may have knocked down somebody over on the way here." Flash opened his mouth to ask, but Rarity interrupted him, "Don't know, I didn't look back. Oh, I'm terribly parched, could I have some water?"

Applejack kindly gave Rarity one of the many water bottles. The unicorn gulped it down in a matter of seconds. She sighed in relief. "Ah, that's better.

"Well, the important things is we're all here." said Twilight Sparkle and clapped her hands together, "Alright everybody, let's get this show on the road!"

(~)

"Helloooooo Republic City/Equestria, I'm Shiro Shinobi!"

"And I'm News Flash!" A pony with gray colored skin, dark hair, teal eyes and wearings a news reporter suit sat beside his fellow announcer. The two sat on a booth, overlooking the city and the area from which the parade would take place.

"Thank you for tuning in on this special day." Shiro said.

"It is indeed special because today marks the 10 year anniversary since our worlds were unified as one, isn't that right, Shiro?"

"Yes it is, News Flash and we got a treat for you folks."

"To kick things off we have this lovely parade, telling the history of both worlds from the very beginning. Immediately after we have a spectacular air show by the air benders and this evening we have a performance at the pro-bending arena by Equestrian singer, Rara. And finally, there will be a fireworks show ending off this glorious day."

"Now THAT'S a celebration! I heard the folks have worked incredibly hard on their parade floats, it literally took the five months to get everything set up."

"Speaking of the parade, here it comes!"

And right on cue, the parade had arrived. An assortment of beautifully decorated and detailed floats came into the streets. People, ponies and fillies cheered, their eyes sparkling in awe at the beauty of it all. It was so hard to believe it had been ten whole years since The Great Change, and a whole new era of magic and friendship had begun.

The royal guard of all the kingdoms of Equestria marched forward, leading the floats. Behind them were the armies of the three nations of the human world and finally the Republic City Police Force. The force itself had never looked so diverse, with humans and ponies marching side by side. Behind them, of course, were the floats.

"And there they are, by far the most stunningly detailed floats I have ever seen!"

"I'll say! The first float of the day is a little number I like to call "Beginnings", because it marks the first chapter in our ongoing story." News Flash described as the first float strolled down the city. Just as he said, it was designed to depict the very beginning of their world's story.

A lion turtle stood as the central piece, its head and legs moving mechanically with its eyes blinking. Its golden skin shimmered in the sunlight, wowing everybody with its beauty. It wasn't as accurately large, but very close and still larger than life from the public's standpoint. The four elements arched over it in the form of a rainbow-like position, with water being the first of the arc, earth being the second, fire being the third and air as the last. Towering over the crowd were parade balloons styled to look like the ancient spirits themselves, Raava and Vaatu. Standing on the Lion Turtle's shell, and underneath the arch of elements were statues of the trio that started it all: Avatar Wan, Princes White and Princess Leilani. Leilani herself, stood in between the three statues, waving to the crowd. People cheered and applauded, shouting praises and adoration for the first Equestrian ruler.

"There she is, folks!" News Flash said, speaking into his mic, "Our benevolent Queen Leilani, one of the big three who started it all! The first Queen of Equestria and one of the first Alicorns to have ever been created!"

"And here comes the second part of our story! This time we get a glimpse of Equestria's history!" Shiro announced. The next float told the story of how Equestria was named and how the three tribes united as one after the defeat of the windigos. Ponies, currently in their pony forms, were dressed as the three leaders; Chancellor Puddinghead, Princess Platinum, and Commander Hurricane as well as their loyal assistants who were the ones to help them realize true friendship; Smart Cookie, Clover the Clever and Private Pansy.

"But that's just the beginning." Said News Flash, "Because here comes Leilani's two beautiful daughters; Princess Celestia and Princess Luna in their float depicting their first defeat of Discord the former spirit of chaos turned ally."

Just as the news pony described, the two alicorn princesses stood on a float in front of a model of the Tree of Harmony and with Discord. The three reenacted the defeat on the float, using fake jewels on the model Tree that lit up and Discord pretended to be defeated, dramatically dying before everyone and turning into stone by taking a gray costume and zipping himself up. The suit covered his body like a buddy hugging spandex suit and gave the impression he was stone. When he heard the crowd cheering, Discord pouted and unzipped his head.

"Yeah, yeah, very funny. Let's all laugh at the bad guy." He said sarcastically before zipping himself back up again.

The following floats showed Avatar Kyoshi, standing on the now present day Kyoshi island, with the former Earth Queen Hou-Ting standing beside her nephew, Princes Wu. After deciding to step down as king, Wu had been assisting his aunt with her new knick-knack store which, surprisingly, he really enjoyed. But, one day being showed with applauds didn't hurt either. The queen felt more at ease now than she ever did before. No longer was she looked at as a cold-hearted monster, but a woman who had come a long way in her efforts to reform and be a better queen, which she had accomplished and now could rest in peace.

The following float depicted Celestia defeating NightMare Moon for the first time, with a picture showing the elements surrounding the princess while lasers came out of the models hitting the nightmare. Varrick smiled in satisfaction as he watched. "No doubt my best work, yet." He said proudly to himself.

"Don't you mean, our best work, dear?" His wife, Zhu Li, said while crossing her arms and arching an eyebrow.

Varrick adjusted his tie and wrapped his arm around her. "Right, right! That's what I meant."

Another float showed Avatar Roku with his dragon, hovering above with the current Fire Lord Izumi and General Iroh waving to the crowd. The next float showed The Crystal Empire before the reign of King Sombra. On the podium was Princess Cadance and Shining Armor with their daughter, Princess Flurry Heart, who happily waved to the crowd. She was already ten-years-old and growing into a beautiful young princess.

The next float depicted probably one of the biggest turning point of the humans' history...the 100 year war and the return of the Avatar, The Last Airbender!

It was one of the largest, and most detailed of the floats...until the final one to come. On it, told the story of when Aang was freed from the iceberg up to when he defeated Fire Lord Ozai. On the float stood the last surviving heroes of the war, Katara, Toph and Fire Lord Zuko all waving to the citizens.

"I can't believe I agreed to this." Toph muttered under her breath as she waved at the audience she could hear but not see, since her feet weren't on the ground.

"Loosen up, Toph." Zuko said while waving happily to the cheering crowd, "This is a happy day."

"Well, there's something I never thought I'd hear...you telling me to loosen up."

Behind them, was another float, this one depicting the rise of the United Republic of Nations, where President Raiko and his wife Buttercup stood as well as the sons and daughters of the late heroes of the war: Tenzin, Kya, Bumi, Lin, Suying and Baatar.

Next up, the float depicted another big turning point, this time from Equestrian History. Twilight and her friends obtaining the Elements of Harmony and defeating Nightmare Moon, which was only the catalyst that would begin their adventures in Republic City!

Just behind it was a float depicting the Mane Six defeating Discord once again and putting an end to his chaos. Again, Discord reenacted the scene as dramatically as before. When he heard the applauds he pouted once more and unzipped his stone-like appearance. "Ok I get it! I was bad! You don't need to show it twice!"

"We love you, Discord!" One voice shouted from the audience, making the chaos spirit smile.

"Thank you! I'm here all week, try the veal!"

The next float was, again, set in Equestria that showed Spike saving the Crystal Empire from the Evil Sombra. Spike stood on top of a podium, waving to the crowd and showing off poses. His pointed at a couple girls and winked causing them to faint. "Oh yeah." he whispered to himself.

Next showed yet ANOTHER turning point in Equestrian History. Twilight becoming a princess! The float showed an exact replica of the famous stained glass window of the hero, along with her castle. The purple alicorn stood on a throne and waved to the crowd with a big smile on her face. She felt much more comfortable doing this now, having been doing it for a number of years. She never imagined she would get this far. One minute she was reading about Nightmare Moon and the next, she sprouted wings and got her own castle!

Another float came by, this time decorated to look like the new Air Nation, complete with the temple's, model bisons and the airbenders themselves. Among them were Jinora, Ikki, Meelo, Kai, Moon Dancer and Starlight Glimmer, her husband Sunburst and their son, Valiant Steed.

"I gotta say, Shiro, I have heard this story a hundred times already, and yet it still gets to me."

"I hear ya, buddy. It just makes you realize how far we've come since then. From feuding ponies and distant nations to a united world filled with new friends. Who'd have thought."

"Oh, and speaking of friends, here they come now folks! You've met the original Team Avatar, but now get ready for the newest generation. You know em, you love em, they saved our behinds more times than we can count...Team Avatar Harmony!"

The last float showed probably the biggest turning point in history of BOTH worlds. Team Avatar Harmony. This float was the biggest of the entire parade! On it, it told the story of the heroes' adventures. From the group meeting Korra for the first time, to defeating Kuvira and opening a new spirit portal all told in a beautiful painting. And of course the heroes. In the back stood Bolin and Asami each waving their hands to the audience with their kids on their shoulders. In front of them were Applejack and Pinkie Pie, each waving to the crowd with smiles. Pinkie Pie took out her party cannon and shot confetti, not knowing that Applejack got completely covered in it. Pinkie Pie tried not to laugh at the scene while Applejack just had an annoying look on her face. In front of them were the Pegasus' Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash. Fluttershy quietly waved to the crowd while Rainbow was, as usual, showing off. Even going up to the point of flying around and performing a Sonic Rainboom, which the audience loved. Fluttershy just simply rolled her eyes and continued waving. Mako, Sunset Shimmer, Flash Sentry and Rarity stood side by side, waving and smiling. Rarity even went as far as to throw a few kisses here and there. Nothing made her happier than being in the spotlight, and looking fabulous while doing so.

Three little lizard spirits with dragonfly wings hovered beside Mako. These were his and Korra's adopted spirit children, Ali, Mika and San. The first time Mako met them he wanted nothing to do with them, but the little ones eventually made their way into his heart and accepted his role as their father. They had grown up over the years, practically teenagers at this point, and were the best older siblings Iris could ask for. Older as in age, not in size since they were still pretty small, but were now almost the same size as Pabu.

"If it wasn't for these kids we'd all have been crushed by that giant spirit man creature thing!" Shiro said. "The Elements of Harmony themselves are looking mighty lovely today, but let's not forget one very important member."

"I couldn't agree more, News Flash. The leader of the pack, the big cheese herself, the girl in charge, the-

"They get it!" A familiar voice called out, making the two men briefly reel back in fear at the powerful demanding tone of her voice.

"Oh, sorry. The beautiful, powerful and the first alicorn/human in existence: Princess Avatar Korra!"

The royal princess herself spread open her majestic wings and flew up into the sky, spinning around like a graceful dancer before zooming downwards, high fiving various bystanders as she passed. She waved and blew several kisses, making even a few men faint. Her daughter Iris rode on her shoulders, waving and giggling before landing back onto the float. In a magenta colored flash, Twilight Sparkle appeared beside her with Spike and Akari.

Korra thought she would never stop smiling. She never imagined she would come this far. From being isolated from the world to now being loved by the world. When she laid eyes on the purple alicorn, she had no idea that her entire life was about to be turned upside down. Who knew that she would become best friends with talking creatures and who knew that it would be her that would unify the worlds. This time for good. The float suddenly stopped as music began to fill the air.

[

center]

(Connected: by Sara Paxton)

Korra:

I was blindfolded on this crazy ride that they call life

Twilight:

We kept trying to make it to that next turn

Knuckles white and holding tight

Rainbow Dash:

Now here we are

Side by side

Asami:

And now I know I'm never alone

I think of you

Bolin and Asami:

And how you never let me go

Korra:

I feel Connected!

Twilight:

Connected

Korra:

Protected

Twilight:

Protected

Korra and Mane Six:

It's like you're sitting right

With me all the time

Team Avatar:

You hear me

You're near

And everything else is gonna be alright

Cause nothing can break this

Nothing can break this

Nothing can break this tie

Connected

Korra:

Connected inside

Korra smiled as she held her daughter close, caressing her cheek. Iris was the light in Korra's life. She loved her with every last bit of her heart and Iris loved her mother just as much. Mako kissed his child and wife and the family danced with the crowd and their friends. Both parents holding their child's hands.

Twilight and the rest of the Mane Six performed an upbeat dance number alongside Sunset Shimmer and Starlight Glimmer

Twilight:

It's not an accident

The times we've spent apart

Rarity:

But now we're so close

I can always find you

Right here in my heart

Mako:

You've given me

Something I need

And I don't ever want it to end

Korra:

Because of you…

Korra, Mako and Twilight:

I know I found my strength again!

The music picked up the passe and more of their friends and family joined in the song. The alicorns, Cadance, Shining Armor and Flurry Heart, the airbenders, Discord, even the police force joined in the fun, all the while the audience clapped their hands and stomped their feet.

Flash Sentry:

I feel Connected!

Twilight:

Connected

Flash Sentry:

Protected

Twilight:

Protected

Team Avatar:

It's like you're sitting right

With me all the time

You hear me

You're near

And everything else is gonna be alright

Cause nothing can break this

Nothing can break this

Nothing can break this tie

Connected

Korra and Mane Six:

Every time that I breath

I can feel the energy

Reaching out

Flowing through

You to me and me to you

Find your dream, walk or stand

You are everywhere I am

Separate souls unified

Touching at the speed of

Light!

As the girls hit the high note, Korra's voice rose higher and higher. Out of all the girls, her voice was always the most powerful and soulful. Korra was always the kind of girl who gave it her all in everything, that includes singing. Using their magic, the girls' Elements manifested on their chests while Korra's eyes glowed white and bright colors came shooting from their hands, creating a shimmering rainbow display above the crowd. Iris, Hiro and Mai gaspe in awe at the beauty of the display as sparkles moved like the first fallen snow in winter.

Everybody:

I feel Connected!

(Connected)

Protected

(Protected)

It's like you're sitting right with me all the time

You hear me

(You hear me)

You're near me

(You're near me)

And everything else is gonna be alright

Connected

(Connected)

Protected

(Protected)

Now you're in my mind

Now I'm doing fine

You hear me

(You hear me)

You're near me

(You're near me)

And everything else is gonna be alright

Cause nothing can break this

Nothing can break this

Nothing can break this tie

Connected

Connected

Connected inside

Connected

Connected inside

Connected

Connected

Connected inside!

And they would always be connected. No matter what.

"Nows that's what I call a performance!" Said News Flash, still in shock at the heroes performance.

"Oh ho you said it!, News Flash" Shinobi said while wiping away the bit of magic sparkles that fell in his hair. "And with that, that concludes the parade here in the city, join us as we head over to the Republic Bay to begin the air show, I'm Shinobi…"

"And I'm New's Flash!"

"Signing off!"

(~)

Nova awoke with a gasp latter that night. Chi groaned, her eyes barely open and she rubbed them with her paw. "Nova? What time is it?"

Nova looked out the window, taking notice of how late it had gotten. "Chi, we have to move!"

"Why? Where are we going?" she asked, now full awake once she noticed the distress and anxiety in his voice.

"We have to get to Canterlot fast….he's back."

(~)