• Published 20th Jun 2016
  • 2,630 Views, 43 Comments

Dashie Wright: Competent Co-Counsel - Terabyte West



After Phoenix's first case, he finds a little filly in his bedroom. Things only get crazier.

  • ...
1
 43
 2,630

The Powers of Stage Magic

October 15, 2016

Detention Center

6:00 PM

OH SWEET EVERYTHING WHAT THE HECK. Rainbow wanted to scream upon the actor entering the area. What Rainbow expected to see was some big, handsome, muscular guy with a great personality, a nice hairdo, and a heavy degree of intelligence.

What she got was some dude with a lot of facial hair and hair that was literally so unkempt, the only difference between his and Daddy's was that Daddy had an excuse in that it was gelled. This guy looked like he just woke up, with a matching personality. "So... are you my state-appointed attorney?"

"No," Phoenix responded. "A friend of mine who is also a massive fan is dragging me by my hair to defend you. At minimum, she will."

"Which sucks on two fronts," Rainbow agreed, making herself known as she rose onto the table. "The hair should stay that way; he'll look like an anime protagonist!" Will Powers lightly chuckled in response before remembering his situation. "Right, murder accusation. Hm."

"Look, Mr. Powers," Phoenix droned. "I'm going to be defending you no matter what, so if you don't want to hear a fangirl whining until you accept a fee until your acquittal, you might as well just accept me now."

"I've seen that look several times." Will stalled, looking at Rainbow's cockeyed glare. "That's why I keep the mask on."

"Am I getting hired or what?" Phoenix sighed.

"$75 an hour?" Will proposed.

"Twelve hundred a day."

"One thousand."

"Deal." Phoenix said, setting his fist on the glass, waiting for Will to do the same. Afterwards, Phoenix marked some areas on a packet, slid it and a pen under the window, allowing Will to see it: a very long agreement with a spot for a signature on the bottom after a short phrase.

Abridged:

I hereby accept Phoenix Wright as my attorney, and I shall pay any ensuing expenses that may arise from his services, counting his negotiated rate of $1,000 a day.

X__________________________(1)

Will scribbled his signature before rolling up the sheet and sliding it back under the window. "What do we do first?" Phoenix asked Rainbow, sticking the packet into his jacket.

"We wait for Maya." Phoenix and Will stared at her. "She's the one who knows everything about the show; I've only known it for six weeks." Phoenix nodded in response, waving goodbye to his first client.

October 15, 2016

Wright and Co. Offices

6:45 PM

"What are we doing back here?" Phoenix asked, startled that Rainbow had dragged his bike back to the offices.

"Odds are, me and Maya are going to be gushing a lot," Rainbow started. "so I want you to watch at least a few episodes to understand some of the stuff we might talk about." Rainbow turned back to Phoenix, remote control precariously balanced on her hoof. Phoenix only stared at it, trepidation screaming at him to turn back.

"Alright. 3 episodes." Dammit, Phoenix! He chided himself. What sort of mess are you getting into?


"Hmm." Phoenix hummed, the credits rolling on the last episode. "Not bad." Phoenix picked up his phone, dialing Maya to tell her he saw some of the show she watched, and it would probably help on the investigation. Unfortunately, it went over to dial tone.

"Hi, this is Maya. I'm probably snoozing, watching Steel Samurai, or training. Leave a message and I'll t-t-y-l."

Phoenix hung up before the tone could play, and turned to Rainbow. He shrugged his shoulders and walked out the door.

October 16, 2016

Wright and Co. Offices

8:30 AM

Maya waltzed into the offices, returning the key to its rightful location on top of the doorframe. "Nick, I'm ready to go!" She hollered, her greeting returned by no one. However, the clicker rested on the sofa with two sticky notes layered atop each other.

Maya,

Me and Dash decided to prepare for Halloween by getting our costumes. The TV is set to a Steel Samurai marathon. We should be back by 9:00.

Phoenix.

Confused, Maya pressed the power button, and sure enough, the titular Samurai was onscreen. She completely forgot about the absence of the attorney and the foal.

October 16, 2016

Wright and Co. Offices

9:15 AM

The door opened, Phoenix and Rainbow walking in, dressed in their costumes for no particular reason. Phoenix had let his hair down, which didn't look very natural, and on his head were a pair of horns that reminded Maya of candy corn. He wore glasses with red lenses, and on a solid black shirt was the symbol for Libra in teal. Clutched in his hand was a roll of what appeared to be gray face paint.

Rainbow's getup was genuinely surprising. Maya would have considered her shape to limit her getup to dog costumes, but apparently there was a massive selection. She had on a pair of loose-fitting blue pants, cinched by a yellow martial arts belt. Around her hooves were felt paws, and clenched in her jaws were phony fangs. Hanging off her back was a soft-looking shirt with a design that, when worn, would give her a white underbelly.

"Come on!" Rainbow whined. "You can do the voice! Show Maya!"

Phoenix groaned, rubbing his throat, as if to show it hurt. "Last one." He promised. He cleared his throat, followed by the kind of voice Maya associated with leet-speak, "His honorable tyranny presiding."

Maya broke down, cackling mad at the fact that Phoenix could do that. Phoenix, slightly irritated, snagged a comb off the desk, clearing out the bedhead he had in lieu of his traditional hair, and donned his shirt and jacket over his Halloween shirt. Rainbow nodded to Maya, spitting the fangs out and kicking off her paws. "You ready to go defend the Steel Samurai?"

Maya was already at the door, head poking outside. "Let's go already!"

Author's Note:

(1) Considering that Phoenix has someone in his care, I would assume that money would be more pressing.

Comments ( 9 )

Aw, this is something I've been missing in my life. It's so funny and cute! Hope to see more soon!

7688424 Yeah, school can do that to a schedule. If only reworking the story to accommodate Dashie was as easy as it sounded.

I think that Dash is supposed to be John Talbain from Darkstalkers, right? Not so sure for Phoenix though.

7689167 You're right about Dash.

DO3S TH1S TYP1NG SYST3M LOOK F4M1L14R?

7689198
*recognising speech pattern as Sal Manella's*
*whispering* Oh no...

7921593 Nope. The color was another clue.

"Am I getting hired or what?" Phoenix sighed.
"$75 an hour?" Will proposed.
"Twelve hundred a day."
"One thousand."
"Deal." Phoenix said, setting his fist on the glass, waiting for Will to do the same. Afterwards, Phoenix marked some areas on a packet, slid it and a pen under the window, allowing Will to see it: a very long agreement with a spot for a signature on the bottom after a short phrase.
Abridged:
I hereby accept Phoenix Wright as my attorney, and I shall pay any ensuing expenses that may arise from his services, counting his negotiated rate of $1,000 a day.
X__________________________(1)

(1) Considering that Phoenix has someone in his care, I would assume that money would be more pressing.

I understand where your coming from with this, it just doesn't seem like something Phoenix would do... That made no sense let me clarify.

It makes sense that Phoenix would want and need more money because of Rainbow, but it seems odd to see him actually negotiate money with a client. I think that's why the never showed him talking with a client about payment in basically any of the games I can think of. In the first game his first two cases had him not receiving payment in basically anyway. Of course you could say Phoenix's payment in Maya's trail is that he got the law office and whatever else Mia left him in her will. In fact I can think of one time where payment was actually brought up between the defendant and Phoenix, and it was the defendant bringing it up. This instance is when Mask☆DeMasque/Ron DeLite offering to steal something for Phoenix as payment for defending him. But in the first game I can only actually see half (2 or 3 depending on if you count Rise From the Ashes as part of the first game and not just something that was added on) of his clients paying him. Will Powers probably paid him as well as Edgeworth and (If you count rise from the ashes) Lana Skye. In the end, I don't think that Phoenix would bring up payment until after the end of a case.

... And that made even less sense than earlier.

7926737 Actually something else bothered me in this chapter that I just realized, Phoenix didn't investigate. In basically every case that Phoenix takes, he investigates. Why didn't he investigate here? And no watching Steel Samurai does not count as investigating.

7689198
Terezi Pyrope?

Also I love this story and wish for more, but I understand if your not writing anymore, just please either give us an update, we hate being left in the dark

Login or register to comment