• Published 20th Jun 2016
  • 2,629 Views, 43 Comments

Dashie Wright: Competent Co-Counsel - Terabyte West



After Phoenix's first case, he finds a little filly in his bedroom. Things only get crazier.

  • ...
1
 43
 2,629

Apprehension

Fey and Co. Offices

September 5, 2016

9:20 PM

Phoenix let the new girl alone for a bit while he poked around the crime scene a bit more. Rainbow Dash was trying to keep an eye out for something that would be worthwhile, but she was a bit too tired, so he just let her get cuddled by Maya if need be. Given that her sister was dead, it was definitely likely need be would be "indefinite". After some time, he figured it would be best to call the cops and let them know his mentor was murdered.

"Hello? Yes, there's been a murder. Fey and Co. Offices. The victim's name was Mia Fey. Alright. See ya then." Phoenix hung up, Rainbow staring up at Phoenix, having appeared to have escaped the younger Fey's grip.

"Who were you talking to?" She yawned.

Phoenix had to stifle his own yawn, just so he wouldn't pass out on Rainbow. "The police. I told them about the body, and I was hoping we could apprehend the real killer."

"You mean it's not Maya?" Phoenix stopped for a moment upon learning the girl's name. He figured that Dash would likely get to know her, so her knowing her name wouldn't be unlikely.

"Yeah, not her. What reason would she have to kill her own sister?" Phoenix chuckled. He then sighed, only then realizing how late it really was. He sauntered over to the coffee pot and made himself a pot. He had 10 minutes until the coffee was finished, might as well try to get some shuteye.

Fey and Co. Offices

9:30 PM

September 5, 2016

"Hey, thanks for the coffee." Someone said, stirring Phoenix from his nap. Still lacking the necessary faculties to move around without collapsing, a heated cup found its way into the lawyer's hand. Phoenix drank half the cup without even tasting it, just grateful for the caffeine and the sugar.

After tasting the bittersweet cup-a-joe, Phoenix finally garnered the energy to look around, and saw that there were no police in the room with him, just some guy in a green jacket. He figured this was the guy who gave him the coffee. Still exhausted either way, Phoenix could barely move, so he tried to introduce himself through his yawning.

"Phoenix Wright." He slurred, extending his hand in a vain attempt to be helped up.

"Detective Dick Gumshoe. Please, don't use my first name."

"I'll see to it. So, what's going on right now?"

Gumshoe looked behind him to the back room, where Mia's body lied. "The police are doing a full examination of the room. We found a bloody slip of paper with her sister's name on it, so we currently have our suspicions about her."

That must have been the slip I found next to her body. Phoenix decided. "Have the police been able to run an autopsy?"

"I can't disclose any information; I'm working for the prosecution."

"Wait... did you say that you have your suspicions about the girl back there; the victim's sister?"

"Maya Fey, yes."

"Wouldn't you have had to check the statue for fingerprints? I saw crusted blood on it, not a very subtle clue."

The detective pondered the question for a while, looking as if trying to remember. "Sorry, but there were no fingerprints."

"Ah. Well, I'm gonna get back to sleep." Phoenix said, taking off his jacket, putting it over Rainbow Dash as a rudimentary blanket. "See ya around."

Fey and Co. Offices

7:30 AM

September 6, 2016

"Wait, MAYA is the prime suspect?!!?" Phoenix hollered not 3 seconds after waking up. He didn't particularly care if he woke up Rainbow at that point. "C'mon, we gotta do something about this!" He grabbed Rainbow, who had just woken up, no thanks to him.

Detention Center

8:00 AM

September 6, 2016

Maya seemed to be doing pretty well for herself. At least, for having spent about 10 hours there.

"So... how have things been going for the past 10 hours?" Phoenix said, a complementary cup of coffee finding its way to his mouth.

"Stabbed a bitch in the yard." Heavily sweetened coffee found its way onto the glass separating the two. Maya howled, managing to get out, "I just wanted to see how you'd react! Those beds in there are as stiff as a board and I'm exhausted."

"Preach it to the choir." Dash said, hopping up onto the table. "I know it wasn't you."

"WOW, what tipped you off?" Maya said, dripping with sarcasm.

"A suspicious lack of fingerprints, the handwriting on the paper doesn't match Mia's, and you lack a motive." Rainbow said, beaming. "Y'know, there's an attorney directly behind me. I'd bet Dad would be happy to take your case."

"Actually," Maya interrupted. "Before Sis let her own firm, she worked for someone who I'm pretty sure will be happy to defend me. See if you can bring up a... great, what was his name...?"

"I'll give you some time to think over it." Phoenix interrupted. "You wouldn't mind if I got to know you, would you?"

"What do you want to know?"

Phoenix then spent the next 15 minutes getting acquainted with Maya, Rainbow Dash also learning a few things about her. Every member of her family was dead, except for her mother, who was merely presumed dead. She loved watching The Steel Samurai, and Rainbow proposed watching it together after they got her out of this fix. But one tidbit about about her really spoke out to them both.

"A spirit medium?" Phoenix and Rainbow chorused.

"In training. I'll admit, I'm not the best in skill, but the rest of the Fey clan says I have the greatest potential." She said, beaming. "OH! I remember that other attorney's name!"

"Well, what is it?" Phoenix asked, Dash grabbing a piece of paper and a marker in her mouth to write down the lawyer's name.

"Okay, see if you can get a 'Marvin'- M-A-R-V-I-N," She said, letting Rainbow write it down. "'Grossberg.' G-R-O-S-S-B-E-R-G."

"We'll get back to you." Dash said, tearing off the paper to give to Phoenix.