• Published 20th Jun 2016
  • 2,629 Views, 43 Comments

Dashie Wright: Competent Co-Counsel - Terabyte West



After Phoenix's first case, he finds a little filly in his bedroom. Things only get crazier.

  • ...
1
 43
 2,629

Steel Samurai Viewing Party

October 14, 2016

Ryuichi Memorial School - Room 23

1:30 PM

Rainbow had been going to school for a good couple weeks now. The first day, she learned, was just a review of stuff she should have learned in 2nd grade. Now that school had gotten to the heavy stuff...

THIS IS MORE BORING THAN EVER! Rainbow mentally groaned as Ms. Victoria continued about the founding of America.

"In 1789, Continental Congress met up to discuss who should govern America. Can anyone tell me who the elected official was?"

"George Washington?" Cody droned as the teacher turned her attention to him. She nodded in response before continuing on.


BEEEEEEEEP. The sound of the bell alerted everyone in the room that 2:30 had arrived. Sweet freedom, Rainbow thought, bursting out the door. Rather, she would, if Cody hadn't put a hand to Rainbow's head, keeping her rooted in her seat. "What the hay, Cody?"

"I was thinking... maybe we could watch the new Steel Samurai episode together?" He asked, pulling out a box of candy he had with him, as if bribing Rainbow with M&M's and Jujubes. Rainbow nodded.

October 14, 2016

Wright and Co. Law Offices

3:50 PM

After Mia left the firm in Phoenix's hands, he had a rather full plate. Going through another document to recognize that the firm was now in his name, and that he had responsibility for the mortgage(which still had 30 years on it, much to Phoenix's dismay), a part of him wished he had an ice pack.

Instead of a soothing cold pack, the moment he thought of it, Rainbow and Cody started getting excited, talking so fast as to be unintelligible. Fortunately, it only continued for 30 seconds before a knock at the front door was heard. "It's open!" Phoenix hollered, allowing the guest to open the door.

Maya Fey walked into Phoenix's office, her spirit medium garb in a duffel bag, swapped out for a Steel Samurai T-Shirt and a pair of pants. "I was told someone was a fan of Steel Samurai~" She sang, scratching behind Rainbow's ear. While RD was distracted by her scratching, Maya picked up the clicker and turned it over to the cartoon.

Phoenix, still working, couldn't help but overhear the TV in front of him, which just showed a nonstop action scene where he couldn't make heads or tails. Maybe that's why Rainbow likes it so much.


All Phoenix heard from the TV for the next 30 minutes were toy adverts, weapons clanging, and the two kids and Maya cheering on the couch. The amount of times his pen almost struck something he didn't want it to was astounding for only 30 minutes of half-asleep contract signing. The lawyer expected 4:30 to be a sweet release from the show.

Rather unfortunately, Rainbow, Cody, and Maya were a bit too... avid.

"That was a really good episode!"

"What do you mean? We don't know who won!"

"It's implied SS won. He's the good guy, he always wins."

"But they wouldn't do that unless they were planning some big twist. What if The Evil Magistrate won?"

"They wouldn't!" Maya and Cody chorused.

Phoenix had snagged the bulkiest binder, and was slamming his head against it. Repeatedly. Out of concern for the attorney, Maya walked up to Phoenix's desk and yanked the binder from his hand. "I don't know what you see in it!" He explained. "I just want to work..."


October 15, 2016

Wright and Co. Offices

5:00 PM

Phoenix was about set to punch out for the day, Rainbow's wings buzzing at the door. Before he could make it to the door, he felt the need to turn off the TV. By the time his hand was a few feet from the clicker, the news came up with some breaking news.

"Local actor Jack Hammer has been found dead! The current suspect is actor Will Powers. Or, for the younger viewers, the Evil Magistrate has been killed by the Steel Samurai! More at 7."

Phoenix and Rainbow's gazes turned towards each other. Both of them bore a half-lidded glare, and eventually chorusing, "Careful what you wish for, eh?" As if bade by the thought, Phoenix's phone rang, and Rainbow's forgotten prank made itself known. Doot doo dah do dit, dah doot doot dah... beep, beep, beep... Phoenix was trying to pierce Rainbow's soul with a condescending glare, but Rainbow didn't notice as she was rolling on the floor, howling.

Begrudgingly, Phoenix answered the phone. "Hello?"

"Nick!" Maya said. "The Steel Samurai killed the Evil Magistrate!"

"I know!" Rainbow blurt, grabbing the phone from Phoenix. "We just saw it on the news!"

"You know what?" Maya asked rhetorically. "I'm taking the public transit tomorrow to help you on the case, and nothing you say will stop me!" Abruptly, the phone went to a dial tone, Phoenix pressing the red hang up button.

"What did she say?" Phoenix inquired, retrieving the phone from the pegasus.

"She's coming down here tomorrow to help with the investigation. Looks like you're putting in overtime."

"What's this 'you' business?" Phoenix remarked, grabbing Rainbow in his arm and rubbing her head as they walked to the Detention Center. Rainbow fidgeted in his grip before realizing something:

I get to meet the Steel Samurai! This is the greatest day of my life!