• Published 20th Jun 2016
  • 2,629 Views, 43 Comments

Dashie Wright: Competent Co-Counsel - Terabyte West



After Phoenix's first case, he finds a little filly in his bedroom. Things only get crazier.

  • ...
1
 43
 2,629

Obligatory introduction chapter

August 4, 2016

Fey and Co. Law Offices

8:15 AM

Phoenix almost didn't make it to the office on time, no doubt due to many passers by stopping them so they could pet or play with Rainbow. He was half expecting to be late because he would have to hold back so Dash could stay with him, but he was pleasantly surprised that she was able to keep up with him, even egging him on to go faster. Now I really need that coffee. I could pass out at any moment. Phoenix thought upon finally reaching the office after 40 arduous minutes.

"Hey, Chief I'm here!" Phoenix said upon entering the office.

"Phoenix!" Mia said, walking into the office. "You did so well yesterdaayy... do you hear a buzzing noise?" She trailed off.

"Oh, heh, yeah." Dash walked out from behind Phoenix, making eye contact with the big lady in black in front of her. Phoenix took notice of this, and decided now was as good a time as any. "Mia, meet Rainbow Dash. Rainbow, Mia Fey."

"Hi, Miss Fey." Rainbow said, flying up to meet her gaze and extended her hoof for a fist bump. Mia merely stared at her for a good 10 seconds, almost appearing catatonic. "Miss Fey?"

Mia didn't say anything. Without warning, she grabbed the filly, held her to the side of her face, and scratched behind her right ear. Phoenix could hear Rainbow sighing in relief for some reason.

After Mia stayed this way for two good minutes, Phoenix got kinda worried. He tried to grab Rainbow out of Mia's hands, but after grabbing Rainbow's chest, Mia slapped his hand away, and muttered just loud enough for him to hear, "Let me enjoy this, Phoenix."

"Well, okay. I-I'm gonna see if there's any paperwork I can file to have the time pass. I'll be back in a few." Phoenix said, walking into the back office to see what there was to work on.


Phoenix entered the back office, not finding much to do. He did see a couple of papers that seemed a bit out of place, so he glanced them over before putting them in the appropriate folders. One of the cabinets he opened had a massive collection of newspapers and lists written in Mia's handwriting, and he couldn't help but give them a look. One of the handwritten lists showed a bunch of people important in the legal and entertainment scene, and the other had one of the famous people listed publicly humiliated for something.

"Hey, Chief, what exactly is this?" Phoenix said, walking in on the still catatonic Mia. Rainbow took notice, and slipped through Mia's hands, muttering something about sweat before Mia woke up.

"Huh? Oh. That..." Mia looked a bit distraught. Whether that was because she had to release Rainbow or the contents of the papers were debatable. She looked over the list and news clipping over before handing it back to Nick. "There's a businessman named Redd White. He has some... less than desirable business practices. I'll just leave it at that before I break down sobbing."

She looks like she's about to, Phoenix admitted. Rainbow also looked like she was going to cry, too. But then she looked at the papers and gave them a quick glance. "Dad, this man looks like someone who holds faults over people and uses them to get his wishes."

"A blackmailer?"

"Is that the word?" Rainbow asked. It looks like she seems to be mentally maturing uncannily fast. Eh, it was late when I found her, that might have had something to do with it. Now that I think of it, she seems a little bit taller than she was last night. "Dad, I say we confront this guy about it."

Phoenix was about to explain in great detail why that would be a bad idea, but Mia took over. "Don't. He will do whatever it takes to get dirt on you, humiliate you in any way, or something like that. He's actually the reason Charley is around."

"Who?" Rainbow and Phoenix chorused.

"That potted plant. He once forced me to buy it, give it a tie, name it, and brand it 'my only friend'." Mia said, looking... strangely happy.

"Chief, that must have been so embarrassing." Phoenix comforted.

"Not really. I've grown to love the little guy. I'm actually considering branding him the law office's mascot." Mia mused, a distant gleam in her eyes.

"Why don't you make daddy's hair the mascot? It's more memorable and chuckle-worthy!" Rainbow yelled, snickering by the end. Mia was also snickering, while Phoenix just went to the back room, grabbed the nearest, heaviest binder, and slammed his head against it. Repeatedly. I'd bet my attorney's badge she's going to have me doing this a lot.


After Phoenix recovered from his self-induced headache, him and Mia proceeded with business as usual. Rainbow tried to keep herself amused by reading through some of the books they had on the shelves, but they just contained legal information and stuff like that. She set them all aside and looked at the clock. 10:00, it showed. Well, this is gonna suck, she thought. There didn't seem to be anything worthwhile in the office to keep herself entertained. She flew around for a couple minutes before deciding, Yep. Nothing. She set back down on the couch and saw the remote. She pressed the red button, at least the news might be somewhat amusing.

And thus, Rainbow Dash was introduced to the wonderful cartoon that was The Steel Samurai. It had everything that would be needed to keep her entertained. Granted, she really only focused on the action scenes, she wished she could care less for the story, but, man, were those action scenes long and flashy.

"Hey, could you turn it down? I'm trying to work." Mia hollered, getting Rainbow's attention.

Rainbow complied, and felt really fortunate that she had encountered a Steel Samurai marathon that would last until 5:00.