• Published 20th Jun 2016
  • 2,629 Views, 43 Comments

Dashie Wright: Competent Co-Counsel - Terabyte West



After Phoenix's first case, he finds a little filly in his bedroom. Things only get crazier.

  • ...
1
 43
 2,629

The pain of the first day

That night, Phoenix could safely say he had a rather trippy dream sequence. He was in his office, but Mia was sitting across from him. All he could remember about it were five words spoken by Mia:

"I'll be watching over you."


September 17, 2016

Apartment 207

2:00 PM

"Rainbow?" Phoenix asked, walking into the apartment, two bags in his hands. "I have a bit of a surprise for you!" Rainbow was practically already there, bounding up and down with excitement. She dove into the bag and donned its contents, coming up for air once they were on. She looked at her new clothes in confusion, but the spiky-haired attorney elaborated.

"I enrolled you in school." He stated. "Don't worry, it'll be fun." Assuming, of course, THAT doesn't happen to her...

"When does it start?" She asked, readjusting the backpack.

"This Wednesday. Though in actuality, there's one test you need to take before you can enter..." He said, pulling a packet out of his jacket.

September 21, 2016

Ryuichi Memorial Elementary

7:20 AM

The school was only 10 minutes away by foot, so Dash still had plenty of time left to get some hint of advice from her dad. "Okay, that test I made you take determined your placement; you'll be in the third grade range. I took the liberty of explaining your species and all that noise, so you should be fine."

"Assuming that all the kids don't flock to me and treat me like a plush?" Rainbow sniped.

"Just say you're being raised by a lawyer." Phoenix said, sighing at his deprecation. "Everyone will refuse to associate with you. Anyway, you've got Ms. Victoria, she's in room 23. Good luck."

Rainbow proceeded to blitz over to the school's quad in an attempt to find where room 23 would be. She did eventually find it, and rather fortuitously, no one payed her much mind. Sitting outside the locked door, she rooted through her knapsack's contents. She noticed that Phoenix was polite enough to include a Steel Samurai collectible pin to put on her shirt. One part of her wanted to pierce her ear, but she liked to keep her blood, thank you very much.

Either way, she fumbled with the little doodad in the back before she dropped it on the concrete. She stared at in dejection, the open pin keeping her from being able to pick it up with her mouth. In a few seconds, someone who was also in Ms. Victoria's class piped up, "I can get that for you."

Rainbow took notice of the kid that assisted her with the pin. He had a green baseball cap, a lighter green jacket, and his hair was styled funny. Poking out of his backpack was a sheathed katana with a zip-tie on the end. Peace-bonded. "I'm Cody. Cody Hackins." He explained, extending a hand out to Rainbow.

"Rainbow Dash." She returned, allowing Cody to wrap his hand around her hoof. "I know what you're probably thinking, and it's fine."

"Hm?"

"You can pet me." Cody responded to this sentenced with a cockeyed glare.

"That's what you thought I was thinking? You're not the best a reading people, RD." Cody sniped, chuckling as Rainbow also stifled a laugh. "I was thinking that your hair might go well in a samurai bun."

And thus, one of the most meaty Steel Samurai debates in the history of the fandom was held by two third graders over the course of 10 minutes.


Eventually, the bell rang, alerting Cody and Rainbow to the fact that school had officially begun. Both were excited for two entirely separate reasons. Rainbow was excited because she was fascinated by the concept, but also worried that she wouldn't be able to help Daddy with her cases.

Cody wanted to get it over and done with a soon as possible.


Rainbow could barely remember what happened in that classroom. It was incredibly mundane, and Ms. Victoria's monotone speech pattern didn't help much.

"Now, if you'll direct your attention to the tens column..." Rainbow was so bored, she wished she had those fingers everyone else did so she could mimic her mouth "mindlessly" flapping. Either way, she knew the pain that Daddy went through, and took notes anyway. A part of her was genuinely intrigued, though. Stretching her wings, she felt her left wing smack someone's pencil.

"Sorry!" She whispered, turning her attention to someone with quite a few scars on her face. Rainbow stared, mouth agape, as she just rolled her eyes at Rainbow.

"Carol." She barked.

"Rainbow."


"Oh, and about the first club of the year." The P.A. person ended at the lunch bell. "Mock Trial will be meeting in Room 17 during Lunch. If you are interested, feel free to join." Rainbow's attention was perfectly rapt at the news. A case, where she could take over? She was excited.

Unfortunately, a clicking noise alerted her to the fact that the announcements were over, and she proceeded to go as back to earth as Ms. Victoria's lectures allowed.


"How was school?" Phoenix asked, having walked to the school to pick up Rainbow.

"Tedious, boring, mundane, an effective tranquilizer." She ratted off.

"So, par for the course?" Phoenix said, chuckling. Rainbow, however, was terrified at the prospect that she'd have to do this every day. "Welcome to what's known as 'living for the weekend', Rainbow. It will never stop."

Author's Note:

If you can catch the references, you win AAAAAAAALLLLLLLL the cookies. All of them. ::::)