• Published 10th May 2016
  • 4,080 Views, 56 Comments

Discovered - BruhLookit



Months before the Elements of Harmony realized their destinies, the Canterlot Special Sciences division found an unidentified creature near the Everfree

  • ...
11
 56
 4,080

Discovered - 12

Discovered - 12
By Bruhlookit

3rd

Elli sat at an enormous marble table, a red tablecloth running over the center of its entire length, leaving the edges uncovered. Its excess length spills over its edges, and onto the center of his lap.
The human’s attention however was focused on the plate of steaming bacon, eggs, and hashbrowns sitting in front of him. Drool fell from the side of his mouth as his hands fell to the dining utensils next to the dish.

Next to him, Celestia watched with a warm smile. She was glad her human had an appetite, however exotic his needs may be. Her eyes gazed down towards the bacon now being devoured by the human when she felt the tug of curiosity. Unaware of her gaze, Elli continues to consume his breakfast, now using the fork and knife to break apart the sunny side up eggs he’d requested.

Celestia’s eyebrow raises slowly as he then mixes the slightly cooked egg yolk with his hashbrowns. Taking a piece of bacon that he’d seemingly set aside for this mixture, he slices it into tiny pieces and blends the three ingredients thoroughly.

The Alicorn finally decided to speak up after watching Elli stir his meal for a few more moments.

“Elli, you understand I brought you food for eating? Not modern art.” Celestia says with a straight face.

In response Elli chuckles and places his utensils to the side of his plate.

“Don't worry Celestia, ill eat my food. You know there’s this chef on my world, this guy is the big kahuna I’ll tell you.” He says looking at her.

A smirk slowly makes its way onto Celestia’s face.
“And pray tell Elli, what does that chef have to do with your breakfast?”

Elli Picks up his fork and scoops up a big glob of egg, bacon, and hashbrown.
“That great Chef’s name is Gordon Ramsey.” He says as he puts the spoonful in his mouth. He slowly takes the spoon out of his mouth and holds it in front of him. “I didn't know the guy personally, but this guy was world renowned just for his taste in food. People all around my planet, even people who have no idea who he actually is.” Elli takes another spoonful of his mixture and lets out a soft moan as he chews.

Celestia smiled skeptically at Elli. “This human sounds like he’s obtained what we call in Equestria ‘Legend Status’” She says with a wave of the hoof.

Elli drops his spoon suddenly and looks at her with wide eyes.

“You mean there’s an actual ‘Legend Status’ in this world? Like a real title and everything?” He asks excitedly before quickly picking up the spoon he’d dropped.

Celestia shakes her head in amusement as she looks to her amazed friend. “Yes, however the requirements for such a status have not been met...” Celestia pauses for a moment and raises a hoof to her chin. “in a few hundred years, I'd say 3 and a half.”

After scraping another spoonful of hashbrown and egg from his nearly clean plate, he looks to her nonchalantly. “Who took the Medal?” He asks, taking a bite.

Celestia leans back in her chair and lets out a sigh, her smile briefly faltering before returning to normal. “That would be a pony named Jolly Appleseed.”

Elli exhales violently, almost spitting out the food in his mouth, but keeps it all in before swallowing and taking a deep breath. Celestia jolts forward in concern but Elli holds out a hand to stop here, his other hand balled up in a fist lightly hitting his chest.

“Im okay, I'm okay, I was just caught off guard.” The humans says through deep breaths. Celestia leans back, slight confusion showing on her face.

“Off guard? By what my little human?” She asks with slight concern.

Elli finishes his breakfast and leans back in his chair, the slight size difference between him and the chair causing his chair to grind against the floor. The human stretches out and folds his arms behind his head.

“Just another slight similarity between our worlds. Its almost like what is fiction in my world has its own way of existing here but in some slightly different pony-ized way. Like the laws of your universe and mine are so different, but abide by the same cookie cutter pattern.” He says in one breath, looking at the ceiling. A strand of hair slowly drops down onto his face before he lightly blows it out of the way.

Celestia chuckles, the humans words and ways of understanding the things around him may be a mystery to her; however she did know one thing about her human above all else. Celestia lifts a hoof to her face as a smile takes over. This creature with such a complex existence had almost inserted itself into her daily life and she felt as if he were already a close friend. The meaning behind his understanding of her speech and nopony else was a mystery, if not a sign that he’d been sent to her for a reason.

“You are quite the unique...person Elli.” Celestia says as she stands up and steps away from the table. “I do believe Codsworth should be done with your first set of clothes. Now that you're done eating, are you ready to head out?”

Elli stays in his seat and looks to celestia before stretching his arms in the air. “Carry me, magical pony Princess.” He says with a smile.

Instead of saying anything in Response, Celestia eveloups Elli in a weak telekinesis and lifts him from his chair to a standing position, the sheets around him almost falling off of him as she adjusted his posture. Elli lets out a yelp, before crossing his arms and looking at Celestia.

“Hey! You could have said no!” he exclaims, gripping the sheet around him tightly. Celestia lets out a giggle before trotting a few steps in his direction playfully.

“A ‘magical pony Princess’ does not have time to let a lazy evolved monkey ride on her exalted back.” She says sarcastically.

Elli lets out a huff before turning away from Celestia and walking away. “Alright alright, let's go get the damn clothes. These sheets aren’t even that comfortable anyway.”

Celestia walks forward to match Elli’s pace before looking down at the sheets he was wearing. They fit his body loosely, and he had tied it in a strange way. “Perhaps its the way you tied it? You said it was this ‘Toga’ style.”

Elli huffs in response and looks to her with a face of mock offence. “Well Celestia if you must know, the Toga is a way to tie a cloth around yourself in a way that presents dignity and nobility. It was the pinnacle of fashion for an entire nation called ‘Rome’ in my world. They were well known for their luxurious parties, rich nobility, happy citizens most of the time, and of course their military might.”

Celestia smiles at his anecdote, but frowns at the reference of his race’s genetic disposition to wage war. Elli had tried to explain it once before, but never went too far into it. Perhaps one day she would sit down with him and listen to his stories.

Celestia sighs and looks down to Elli. “Your world, your universe, its culture sounds vibrant yet scarred by a history of war and unrest.”

Elli says nothing in response, his olive green eyes focusing frontward.

As Elli and Celestia make their way through a large set of doors they’re met with a long hallway.
Radiant sunshine flowing through the stained glass windows and onto the polished marble floors illuminates the castle, filling it with an inviting sense of security.




Elli winces with every other step as he follows Celestia, his leg still aching quite a bit from the incident. The bandages around his leg were as the Princess described them to be ‘Lightly Enchanted’. Elli still couldn't fully grasp the full power of Magic and its properties that defy his basic understanding of the fundamental laws of the universe; rather his universe.

Elli looks to Celestia with a frown as the round a corner, leading to two sets of stairs spiraling downward to the main hall of the castle. “You know the reason we humans wage wars with each other is because of one of the one fundamental differences between my universe and yours.” He begins, leaning on Celestia slightly as they begin to descend the steps.

“Well, honestly it's probably not just one difference, but i'll focus on the one that i'm trying to make a point of.” Elli says, almost slipping on the polished floors before being held steady by Celestias wing.

“Go on?” She asks.

“You see your universe is Geocentric, everything revolves around you- the only actual physical being strong enough to keep that universal law in place. The one fact that you- a” Elli pauses and puts his hands on Celestia, he makes circular motions with his hands. “Actual physical embodiment of the diversities of your kind, Ponykind I mean.”

Celestia frowns slightly. “Go on.

As Elli and Celestia reach the bottom of the first landing, the stops and bends down with his hands on his knees. “Phew” He says with a breath. Regaining his composure, Elli stands upright and lets out a breath. Celestia pauses briefly for Elli to catch up with her as they reach the second staircase.

There's a brief silence as The human and the Alicorn Princess make their way down the steps, the sound of their steps echoing against the high ceiling filling the quiet.
Elli sighs. “As I was saying, the Geocentric universe, etcetera, but in my universe there's no such power to keep the cosmic balance from just fading away or descending into chaos. In fact, like I’ve said before, humans have no idea where we came from really. I mean we have some extremely early cave paintings, but the fact that humans exist was entirely something that happened out of chance.” The human raves, putting his hand on Celestias haunch for balance. “I bet ponies came from some Adam and Eve situation, where a single all powerful being created two others” Elli pauses, shaking his finger. “One male and one female of course. I'm sure that's where your pardon my french subraces came from. Probably some weird magic parallel to genetic mutation.”

Celestia was silent as they descended down the steps and reached the main hall. Elli let out an uneasy laugh before sighing.


“I'm sorry, I got way off my point there.” He says scratching the back of his head. Celestia Nods silently, but nods for him to go on. “Celestia, humans have a concept called ‘Religion’. It's the Idea that our existence isn’t just a coincidence, that some divine being created the universe in a day, and that us” Elli stops, and opens his arms. “THIS” He says, raising his voice. “Is all what it designed, its all for us to have.” Elli slowly spins in place, his arms still spread out. “And Celestia when over seven billion people are thinking that it happened in so many different ways.”

Elli stops facing Celestia, he lowers one arm but points to Celestia with the other. “They disagree and for some Religions in the past, not thinking that they were right was a crime Celestia.”

The Alicorn standing in front of Elli looks down with a frown. “I fear I may never understand why your race of people are so intolerant. I also fear the day when I might understand what it feels like to look past the greater good.”

Elli lets his hand fall to his side as he approaches Celestia, he reaches up and puts a hand on her shoulder. “Humanity is better left misunderstood, eh?” The human says with a goofy smile, rubbing her shoulder.

Celestia turns to him and meets his gaze with a warm smile. “Agreed my friend, now lets get you out of that luxurious toga shall we?” She says, walking down the next flight of steps. As they walk down the steps Celestia feels a light tug on her wing, she looks down to see Elli biting the tip of his thumb while lightly tugging her wing. The human looks up shyly

“Hey Celestia?” He asks quietly.

Celestia looks down at Elli with a grin. “Yes my dear Elli.” Some time passes before Elli says anything, but after a few seconds he speaks up.

“These sheets are actually really comfortable, and my leg is still sore. Please carry me the rest of the way?” He says, still biting the tip of his thumb.

As they reach the bottom of the steps to the Main Hallway, Elli bends down again and lets out another breath. “Cause i dont know if im gonna ma-” Before he could finish, Elli is lifted in the air gently and draped over Celestia’s back like a saddle. A giggle is heard from Celestia as the human adjusts his toga while atop her back.

“Dont worry my dear Elli, I was planning on carrying you through the second half of the walk anyway.” she says with a satisfied smile.

Elli lets out a huff, crossing his arms. “Still gotta warn me next time..” he says pouting.

Celestia laughs loudly as they begin the second half of their walk. Little did the human know Celestias guard detail following closely out of sight would record the first genuine laughter from the Princess today for the first time in over 100 years.

Comments ( 5 )

IT LIVES!!!

Let get this great story go on in the year 2021 woo woohoo~

The Alicorn standing in front of Elli looks down with a frown. “I fear I may never understand why your race of people are so intolerant. I also fear the day when I might understand what it feels like to look past the greater good.”

It's not hard to understand when some religions say to "kill the non-believers"

10661714
This is true like many things people do terrible things for fame, power, wealth, etc. Religions have had a hand in many wars but isn't the sole reason for them. The largest massacre's in history weren't even religions in nature but in this darkness we forget the good we are capable of.
.
.
.
But on a different note "IT LIVES"

"I happened upon you by chance, do you want to continue this, it's simply delightful, probably not, you've moved to bigger projects, I wish you good luck.

Sincerely,
-YaBoiSatan"

Login or register to comment