• Published 10th May 2016
  • 4,075 Views, 56 Comments

Discovered - BruhLookit



Months before the Elements of Harmony realized their destinies, the Canterlot Special Sciences division found an unidentified creature near the Everfree

  • ...
11
 56
 4,075

Discovered - 4

Discovered
By Bruhlookit

“Why did I think it would be a good idea to stray so far from the courtroom?” Elli asks himself, the pitter patter of his bare feet following him through the seemingly barren corridors of Canterlot Castle. Elli’s memory had never been remarkable when it came to directions, so when he’d left the safety of the courtroom he was on his own.
With the idea of being completely and utterly lost having escaped his mind, Elli began pondering his situation.

“Im stuck in a world full of small ponies that I can't understand- save one bigger pony. Why can she understand me? Why can I understand her? Will I ever go home?” Elli thought to himself out loud. He stops walking when he reaches an ajar window, it overlooks a vast garden- quite possibly the largest garden Elli had ever seen. “That's larger than the botanical gardens in New York!” Elli exclaims in awe. This garden was simply beautiful, no this garden was immaculate in both design and color.

Before Elli could admire the sight before him any longer, a voice rings from behind him. “Well im glad my design doesn’t fall on blind eyes.”

Elli turns around to see the same ethereal pony who he'd left alone a few moments ago. His left eyebrow shoots upwards, and his hands land on his hips. “You designed this…” One of Elli's hands raises to his forehead as he pulls it backwards and runs it through his long, unkempt hair. “Jesus, im at a loss for words. I feel like my knowledge of horticulture isn't nearly what it should be for me to be able to appreciate this next level of gardening.” He says almost sarcastically as he looks back to the sight behind him.

Celestia giggles, covering her mouth with a hoof. “I'm not sure one requires an education in gardening to be able to admire the beauty in nature itself.” She says, a smile remaining on her face.

Elli looks back to Celestia, a warm smile on his face. “You know this might be coming out of nowhere, but i'm grateful for all that you’ve done for me.” The human says, sincerity in his voice.

Celestia nods and her smile disappears for a moment; her gaze now turns to the open window behind the human. “If id known of you sooner, I'm sure I would have released you as quickly as possible.” she says, her eyes remaining distant.

Elli walks closer to Celestia and puts his hand on her shoulder.
“Im sure there was no way you could have known, I mean shit; you're the only one that can understand me. If I'm being completely honest here, my people would have done the same thing if one of your ponies was somehow transported to my world. In fact I'm sort of glad that wasn't the case, my people are much less understanding than the ponies.” Elli finishes, scratching his chin, his face scrunching from the disturbing thoughts in his mind.

It was time for Celestia’s brow to raise this time, her lack of knowledge regarding Elli’s people had peaked her curiosity before; however the way he spoke of them now truly grasped her attention. “And how would it have been so different, my dear Elli?” She asks, intrigue now flooding her mind with possibilities of humans like Elli- but perhaps Elli was a different breed of human?

Elli lets out a small snort of amusement ‘Cute’ Celestia thinks to herself. The human looks at Celestia with a sarcastic smile and crosses his arms. “Well they definitely wouldn't just confine one of your ponies, but I can hardly speak for my entire species. We have at least four major world powers on my planet, and each of them handle things differently and ehh…” Elli pauses, his face screwed into the mix of uncertainty and confusion. “Lets just say my species has a very odd desire to see how an alien species looks on the inside, and outside.”

Celestia reels back slightly, images of any harm coming to her little ponies made her cringe with anguish. She quickly regains her composure, and looks Elli directly in the eyes. “Your species cannot be truly that barbaric Elli. They must have some sense of empathy, or compassion to something other than their own kind.”

Elli shrugs, his hands landing on his hips. “My people aren't barbaric, they’re just ehhh how do i put it..” The human looks up and bites his lip, deep in thought.

Celestia huffs, and her gaze rests on Elli. “Overly Curious?” She asks, trying to finish the humans sentence. However Elli walks over to a nearby wall and leans on it with most of his weight.

He runs his hands through his hair, once again tussling it back and forth. “Nah, i wouldn't say that, we have too much curiosity yes, but curiosity doesn't bring means to an end. Describing the human condition is something that even human scientists before me couldn't do!” Elli exclaims. “We’re just so…” Elli pauses once more, lost in thought.

Celestia’s hoof raises to her chin now, almost mimicking Elli’s gesture; as if his motions and movements were contagious. Elli was a curious being, a creature only she could understand yet there was still so much she did not. There’s no doubt the days ahead of her would be more than a hoof-full. Celestia is ripped from her thoughts by Elli who claps and snaps his fingers.

“I know what we are!” He yells, a smile on his face. Celestias head cocks to the side as a grin begins growing where a stoic expression once was.

“And what is that Elli?” Celestia asks.

Elli approaches Celestia, a wide toothy smile on his face. This gave Celestia a chance to notice that Elli’s teeth were very pronounced, and each held a unique shape of its own; some sharp and some flat, but all seemed to fit into its place. “We’re all just so Human!”

Author's Note:

Hey guys
this was actually meant to be chapter 4, go ahead and read chapter 3 it was really fun to write and it should be a good read for you.
sorry once again for the confusion.