• Published 10th May 2016
  • 4,080 Views, 56 Comments

Discovered - BruhLookit



Months before the Elements of Harmony realized their destinies, the Canterlot Special Sciences division found an unidentified creature near the Everfree

  • ...
11
 56
 4,080

Discovered - 9

Discovered - 9
By Bruhlookit

Elli slowly awoke from his unconscious state. Light flooded his vision as a surge of pain rushed through his body making him cringe in pain. “Yeah, definitely have a broken finger or two.” The human says to himself as he chuckles.

Elli’s eyes finally open enough to take in his surroundings, and to his surprise he found himself in a barn, laying on top of a very bloodsoaked hay bale. The barn’s dilapidated wooden walls and rusty tools lining the walls created the atmosphere of a countryside farm.
Elli’s nostrils flared as he took in the smells around him, many of them sweet, some of the smells he picked up reminded him of his old summer camp.

“Heh, so I take it a pony discovered me after…” Elli’s mind flashes back to the series of events that unfolded- leading him to being incapacitated in an unknown barn.

“Okay…” Elli says to himself. “I broke the Princess’ magic somehow, and…” He pauses, a sound coming from the entrance of the barn in front of him drawing his attention.
Elli’s eyes widen as a brawny red pony with a blonde man and half lidded green eyes enters the barn slowly. A single strand of wheat hung from its mouth as its eyes scanned over Elli slowly, calculatively.

It let out a single calm whinney as it lifted one if its front hooves lightly, before setting it down with a light ‘clop’.

In Elli’s mind, this was the pony that’d saved him in his time of need. He wished he could communicate with his saviour in some way, any way, that would signal nonaggression. His mind swimming from blood loss and his body writhing in pain- an idea suddenly struck him.

Elli locked eyes with the pony and focused every bit of strength he had left into his facial muscles. He desperately performed his best attempt at a toothy smile, as he raised two of his five fingers in the air.

“Thank you.” Elli says through his strained smile. After he’d said that, he swore he saw the pony in front of him nod slightly, or maybe it was just his consciousness fading as darkness encompassed his vision. “Oh yeah, a few broken fingers.” He says quietly, his head hitting the hay bale softly, and his mind slowly drifting to sleep.


Late in the day, the Sun had past its apex and had begun to set. The sky now a vibrant orange and the light strips of clouds littering the skies reflected its color just so slightly.

“Corporal, we must find him.” Celestia says, gliding over the streets of ponyville alongside Corporal Iron Wing and Private Blast Shield. Her eyes frantically scanned ponyville at a birds eye view, her newly recovered magic simultaneously keeping the Sun at bay from setting, and scanning the town for Elli. Her mind rushed with the possibilities that could have befallen her fragile alien friend.

Corporal Iron Wing glides alongside the Princess, his eyes fixed on her and her every action. “Permission to speak freely Princess.” The Corporal asks bluntly. The Princess in question doesn’t take her eyes off the ground as the three ponies sail through the sky.

“Permission granted Corporal” Princess Celestia says, her horn once again flaring and sending an almost invisible magical pulse to the ground.

The Corporal watches her do this three more times in the span of 5 seconds before he directs his attention to the ground.

“This creature assaulted you, why are we in the form of a rescue party and not a hunting party.” He says, his frustration clear through the natural breeze of the altitude they were flying at. Celestia’s face darkened for a split second before it returned to normal and she turned to the Corporal. Her magic no longer activating and her eyes now focused on him, the three ponies flying through the air slowed to a hover as they floated over the vast Apple Orchards of Sweet Apple Acres.

“Corporal, I explained that what happened was an accident. Elli did not assault me.That will be the end of any line of questioning concerning this subject.” The Princess says, her normal regal voice back and her composure regained. Corporal Iron wing scoffs and crosses his hooves. “What creature capable of breaking your magic and bringing you harm deserves anything less?” He says coldly.

The Princess’ composure remains calm, her voice unwavering as always. “Ive used my magic to scan the entire town, and the only place my magic weakened was farm.” She says, ignoring Corporal Iron Wing’s rant.

“But Princess-” Corporal Iron Wing begins again, but is interrupted by Princess Celestia.

“Did I not say that my previous statement was to be the last in the line of questions related to my pet?” She says, glaring at the Corporal. “I think I may be able to handle the rest of this situation by myself.” The Princess continues waving a hoof. “You're both dismissed.”
Quickly snapping back to attention, but guards before Celestia salute to her mid flight.

“Ma’am” both of them say simultaneously. Princess Celestia and Corporal Iron Wing exchange a glare before the Corporal flies away with the Private in tow.

Celestia lets out a sigh before turning toward the apple orchard below her. The vast farmland before her was one of her first settlements, so naturally she knew each field like the back of her hoof. She first flew in the direction her initial magic scan told her that a sort of magical tug was detected. Setting her hooves down gently on the lush grass below her, Celestia found herself in front of a single apple tree. As Celestia walked around the ordinary apple tree, she found traces of blood in the soil around the tree, and what looked to be drag marks on the ground from the base of the tree to what looks like cart tracks.

The sight of blood worried the Princess, but that made the search for her dear human even more of a priority. Celestia lets her wings extend to their fullest length as she lifts them and launches from the ground in a single powerful wing thrust. Reaching cloud height in almost and instant, Celestia’s horn flares as she casts the same nearly imperceptible spell as before- scanning a certain radius around her. The Princess having changed the spell to now directly scan for the magical pull Celestia assumes Elli gives off, she's quickly able to sense the next magical pull.

“There he is.” She says to herself, a relieved smile on her face. Celestia lets out a sigh as she begins flying toward the signal.


“Sure is a long day today.” Big Macintosh said to himself idly as he leaned on the door of an open barn while chewing his favorite brand of wheat. Not that the stallion was complaining, the beautiful, warm sunset- which seemed to last hours, bathed Sweet Apple Acres in incandescent orange light. The silhouettes of the trees in the distant orchard filled the skyline as the sun seemed to hug the landscape.

Big Mac’s eyes shifted from the landscape and into the barn he was leaning on. There was something odd in his barn, and it perplexed his mind. His memory flashes back to what Applejack frantically told him before rushing off in a hurry.


Big Mac sat on the front porch of his family home as he opened a fresh box of chewing wheat. Pulling out a straw and sliding it into his mouth, he let its flavor fill its mouth- it was one of Big Mac’s guilty pleasures. Just getting into the taste, letting his eyes close as he enjoyed the flavor, Applejacks voice yanks him into reality.

“Big Mac! Big Mac, are you listening! There’s a critter and he’s real hurt so I put ‘em in the barn on some hay and put some bandaging on ‘em. Ahm’ gonna see if Ah can get some help, Ah just need you to make sure he dont go anywhere on his own or hurt himself. Can you do that for me?” She says quickly, almost too quickly for Big Mac to interpret, but he got the just of it.

“Eeyup.” He says with a nod.

Applejacks hooves move frantically as she trots in place. “Alright, remember he's in the barn.”

With that, Applejack was off before Big Macintosh could let out a single ‘Eeyup’.


“You sure are something.” Big Mac says as he looks over the weird, semi-hairless monkey covered in blood, in his barn. The critter’s leg was clearly broken among other probably injuries Big Mac could assess based on looks alone. The one time It had been awake to the stallions surprise the creature was docile. Big Mac let out a single ‘Hello’ and the monkey thing let out a wave and a sort of guttural cough, before passing out.

The stallion felt sorry for the thing and sincerely hoped that Applejack would be back with help as soon as possible.

The sunlight on the back of Big Macintosh’s neck felt especially hot now for some reason as he looked over the creature in the barn. Big Mac’s ears swivel backward as he hears the sound of hooves touching ground behind him.

“Thank you for taking care of my friend, my little pony.”