• Published 10th May 2016
  • 4,081 Views, 56 Comments

Discovered - BruhLookit



Months before the Elements of Harmony realized their destinies, the Canterlot Special Sciences division found an unidentified creature near the Everfree

  • ...
11
 56
 4,081

Discovered - 8

Discovered - 8
By Bruhlookit


Applejack was a simple pony. She wakes up every day at the crack of dawn, puts on her hat, feeds the chickens, eats breakfast, tends to the orchard, takes care of the rest of her chores, picks applebloom up from school, eats dinner, and then goes to bed at the early ripe time of 9PM.

Applejack was a simple pony. Today she woke up to the sound of her roosters at the crack of dawn. With a stretch and a yawn, climbed out of bed, put on her hat on and started her day. Applejack’s morning today went as smooth as usual along with the rest of her schedule as she fed the chickens, ate a wonderful apple fritter for breakfast, and began tending to the apple orchard; Which was her true pride and joy.

Pulling a cart behind her, Applejack made her way through the beautiful apple fields, stopping at every tree with ripe apples and delivering a swift and expertly aimed kick to the tree’s trunk, making it shake violently, causing every single apple to fall from the branches of the tree.
These apples fall into preplaced baskets she’d positioned there days before.

Applejack was always ready and prepared for anything that could come her way.

About halfway through her walk of the orchard, Applejack stopped and proceeded along her regular routine. She approached an apple tree with preplaced baskets around it, turned around, lifted her hind leg and delivered a powerful kick to the base of the tree. She closed her eyes and waited to hear the satisfying sound of apples filling the preplaced baskets, but nothing came.

“What the hay?” Applejack says, confused and now turning to open her eyes look at the tree she’d kicked before.

There was a single outlying dent where she’d kicked the tree which was normal, most of her trees had a ton of deep dents in them where she'd kicked before. Every appletree had a sweetspot and Applejack could always feel where it was. Applejack chuckles slightly to herself before bringing a hoof up to her forehead. “I have been working awful hard lately.” She says to herself, wiping the sweat from her brow and letting her hoof fall to the ground again with a soft ‘clop’.

“Maybe ah just need to kick it a little harder, heh.” Applejack mutters to herself, chuckling nervously at her weakness.



The orange mare turns around facing away from the tree and winds both of her hind legs back before unleashing a powerful and confident kick to the tree’s weak spot.

Apples did not fall from the tree, instead something else fell out of the tree. Something pinkish pale, and very heavy.

The something falls to the ground with a bounce and settles in an unnatural shape. Startled, Applejack lurched backwards as the limp shape on the ground let out a long, deep groan before shifting and flipping over with a thud.

In Applejacks mind, she’d just discovered an injured animal in one of her trees. Wonderful

“Well ain’t that something” Applejack says tilting her hat back to get a better look at the still groaning creature in front of her. It was pale pinkish and clearly had 2 front legs and 2 back legs, one of the back two seemed extremely bent out of shape. The sight of blood never scared the farmpony or made her feel queasy at all; however suddenly seeing the raw bone sticking out of the leg of the creature before her was enough to break the farmpoy’s composure.

As if on cue, the creature holds itself up on two of its legs and stares down at the lower half of its body for a few seconds. He then turns his head towards Applejack, she could see his small eyes gazing at her unsteadily before his face twists into a smile and he lets out a few grunts, then a long deep guttural moan.

Applejack nervously stands her ground before the animal as he reaches down and to Applejacks dismay, actually touches the exposed bone poking out of its leg. After which the creature passes out, collapsing to the dirt.

In that instant Applejack made a decision that she was not prepared for. It was almost like her instinct to help another creature, no matter the species completely took over.

In almost a single motion, she emptied the apples from her cart and replaced them with the creature. Lifting it was no easy feat, which was odd to the farmpony as the creature was tall, slim, and seemed to be nothing but skin muscle and of course bone. She lifted it into the cart in a position that would let his limbs hang out of it, his height making that no issue at all.

In the time it took to empty the cart and haul the creature into the cart, Applejack had come up with a plan on where to take the injured critter, and who to go to in order to properly treat it after she’d stopped the bleeding with her first aid.



It all seemed simple, but hauling this being from the Appletree to her barn two acres away was something that Applejack would admit to being the equivalent of pulling 3 carts full of apples.

By the time Applejack had reached the barn, she was already out of breath. She knew the creature hadn’t died from blood loss because she could hear it let out grunts and moans of pain every once in a while.

“Tough feller, aren’t cha’” Applejack says as she lets out a breath, turns and pushes one of the barn doors open wide enough to let the cart inside.

Applejack miraculously gets the creature out of the cart and sets it on the softest bale of hay she can find. She looks it over with a worried look at lets out a cry of pain and tries to grab its leg.

Applejack rushes forward and pushes it down by the shoulder. She’d gotten a good idea of the creatures physiology while trying to find a good way of lifting it into the cart. The strange being reminded her of minotaurs she’d seen in manehattan, but his small stature and hairlessness reminded her more of a monkey.

Applejack leans down to the creature as it opens its eyes and stares at her.

“Ahm going to try to help you. Ah will be right back.” Applejack says slowly, unknowing even if the creature could understand her- simply relying on her good will and intent to reach the critter.

This seemed to calm the being down, its breathing still heavy but its composure now regained.

Applejack acted quickly, having caught her breath while settling the critter onto the hay she could now gallop out of the barn and to her house not too far away. She burst through her front door, disregarding everything around and and rushing to the bathroom upstairs. Applejack swiftly entered the bathroom and retrieved the first aid kit- a simple but usable solution for a situation like this.

She rushed back down the stairs, passing Big Mac along the way who let out a simple “Mornin’” before sipping the coffee he held in his hoof. Applejack breezes past Big Mac without a word, first aid kit in her mouth and no hat on her head.

“Come on, come on, come on.” She mutters to herself, still worried about the creature’s blood loss in the back of her mind.



She gallops into the barn, before briefly sliding on the wet, bloody concrete floors.

Applejacks pupils shrank as her gaze rested on the creature before her now. His limp body sprawled out on the now completely blood soaked hay bale as blood continued to slowly drip from the exposed bone and wound. Her eyes fix on rise and fall his chest as she rushes to his side and begins administering whatever first aid she could.

“Ah just hope I'm not too late to help him.” She says to herself, now having stopped the bleeding and having begun the process of wrapping the wound. “Who should Ah go to now?” she asks, looking down at her first aid handywork. She hadn't been able to do anything about the exposed bone but she could make sure its wounds wouldn't get infected by disinfecting them.

Then her mind snapped to one pony.

“Ah should go to Fluttershy!” She exclaims looking down at the creature. It was now sleeping silently, only letting out occasional grunts of pain her and there.

“Ah should let Big Mac know about this before Ah leave just in case.” she says turning to leave the barn and close the barn door.

“He’s gonna be fine, Ah feel it.”