• Published 10th May 2016
  • 4,081 Views, 56 Comments

Discovered - BruhLookit



Months before the Elements of Harmony realized their destinies, the Canterlot Special Sciences division found an unidentified creature near the Everfree

  • ...
11
 56
 4,081

Discovered - 7

Discovered - 7
By Bruhlookit

The soft clicking of chess pieces moving across a smooth marble slab echoed throughout an extremely empty Golden Oaks Library.

Elli’s finger slid from a ponderous position on his lips to a pawn on the board as he slid it forward a space gently. His eyes gaze around the baren building but return to the Alicorn sitting in front of him, sipping hot tea while she looked at the bored calmly.

Done with all of the errands Celestia needed to do, she’d decided to take a detour to relax at a private spot nearby. The spot they’d decided to stay in was a vacant library, but the oddest feature of this library isn't the lack of books, it's the library itself as a building.
“Its a Tree, that's also a Library! Or a Library that's also a Tree!” Elli would exclaim as they entered the building and began to unwind with a friendly game of Chess.


“Celestia, can I ask you a difficult question?” Elli finally says, breaking the silence.

The Alicorns eyes travel from the board to the Human, her expression remaining the same.

“You can ask me anything on your mind my little human.” She responds with a motherly tone.

A rook on Celestia’s side of the board is enveloped by a yellow aura as it moves across the board and gently knocks over one of Elli’s Knights.


Elli snaps his fingers in frustration as he brings them to his face and looks down to the board.

“Does your world understand the concept of Religion?” He asks, his left hand stroking the light facial hair on his chin. He looks at the board with a screwed up face in frustration. “I guess I asked my question the wrong way.” He says moving his hand to a bishop and sliding it over to take the Rook that captured his Knight.

Celestia looks at Elli, her expression unchanged. “Religion is an outdated concept my dear Elli.” She says waving a hoof through the air absentmindedly. “Throughout time my little ponies and I have had a deep understanding of our history and creation through time immemorial.”

Elli’s expression changes as his head drops and he lets out a sigh. “I'm not sure whether to be amazed or terrified by that answer.” He says running his hands down his face.

Celestia’s magic moves one of her chess pieces forward as she makes eye contact with the human in front of her. “Can you elaborate on that Elli?” She asks sipping her tea.

Elli taps his feet against the ground nervously as he looks down at the chess board in front of him. “Being Human is complicated Celestia, it means never knowing where you truly came from. The only real evidence my species has ever uncovered about ourselves goes back billions of years- and that’s still not even the predominant belief on the origins of my species as a whole!”

The man was now speaking loudly, his voice echoing throughout the libraries empty halls and high ceilings.His fists trembling at his knees, gripping the white sheet he’d been given.

Celestia remained calm but her face was now showing more concern than anything.

“Can I ask what made you bring this up?” She asks him, setting her tea down on an adjacent table with her magic.

Elli looks up to her, his face red and eyes teary.

“I'm not sure...I feel now my humanity has become more apparent to me now than it ever was?
I have literally nothing now, my existence could be wiped from the face of Equestria and it would literally be an extinction event.” He says putting his face in his hands. “What kind of universe would do this to me?”

Celestia rises from her seat and walks over to the trembling human and drapes a wing over his back; She leans down to nuzzle his cheek comfortingly. “I cannot tell you I understand exactly how you feel Elli.” She begins, lowering herself to his eye level.

Celestia’s gaze softens as she rests against the crying man. “However, I can tell you I understand what it is like to be...alone.” She says, her tone dripping with regret. “Alone in a world that ages around you, in a castle with crumbling walls and shards of broken hope scattered beyond redemption.” Her tone changes, the Princess drops her regular demeanor and lets out a sigh.

Celestia turns and places a hoof under Elli’s chin and raises it to meet her gaze. His hands drop to his knees and their eyes meet.

Celestia smiles as they make eye contact, and her face returns to her normal warm expression.

“I’m sorry” He says wiping his nose on his sheet sloppily. “I didn't mean to cry and ruin these fancy sheets you gave me.”

Celestia smiles at him warmly as he hoof drops to the floor with a quiet ‘clop’.

“Do not apologize for feeling, my dear Elli. I may not be human, but I will be here for you every step of the way until we find a way for you to go home.” She says confidently.

Elli wasn’t crying anymore and now realized he’d just had an emotional break in front of the only sentient being he could communicate with. He was just embarrassed now.

But then her words echo in his head. “Find a way for you to go home”

The human looks to the Princess sitting next to him with a faint smile on his face. “You said you could find a way for me to go home?” he asks, confidence clearly in his tone now.

Celestia stood now, walking to the center of the empty library’s hub. “Yes my dear Elli, I will try everything in my power to find you a way back to your world.” she says, her horn glowing in a golden Aura now.




The room is soon illuminated by a blue orb manifesting near Celestia, said orb soon grows green features on it, and begins resembling a planet.

Elli’s eyes now clear, light up in awe as the details of the magic manifestation begin forming on its surface.“You made a hologram of the planet!” Elli yells as he rises from his chair and approaches the magical image.

Celestia smiles as she walks around the beach ball sized projection of Equis as she effortlessly wills a projection of the moon orbiting around Equis. “Yes my little Human, This is Equis and her moon.” She says gazing down at the planet's surface.

Elli reaches out to touch the projection, but Celestia holds his finger in her magical Aura, then releases her grasp once she pulls it to a safe distance.
“Touching powerful magical projections can lead to Magic Burns my dear Elli.” She says now standing next to him.

“Interesting.” Elli says, looking at the projection of the moon now. The symbol of a mare now is very blatant in the pattern that the craters make along its surface. “I wonder the extent of magic?” He says, now clearly asking himself questions. “Is it like a muscle you flex? Or is it more a psychological phenomena?” He murmurs, his hands running through his now long, greasy hair.

Celestia notices Elli’s hygiene as she looks him over, she subtly leans in and sniffs him as he’s lost in thought. As if Elli’s bodily odor declared war on her nose, the smell violently assaulted Celestia’s nose like a chemical attack.

And for the First time in a millennium, she broke her Princess Face.


Elli had still been questioning things and looking at the projection, while getting as close to it as possible; before he was lifted in a golden Aura. The projections of Equis and the Moons slowly fade away as the surprised human is floated through the library hub and to the stairs leading to the second floor of the building.

“Hey!” Elli shouts in surprise. “Where are we going!”

Celestia is now wearing a gas mask she’d manifested from her magic, she continues up the stairs ignoring Elli and reaching the second floor.

Elli, confused tries to struggle out of Celestia’s grasp but fails to break from her vice magic grip.

“Celestia please tell me what's going on.” He says as they continue down dimly lit the second floor hallway and turn into a dark room. “Oh god, is this where the tickle torture happens?” He says covering his face with his hands.

Celestia’s eyebrow raises as she lets out a “Hrmph?” from behind her gas mask. More candles in the room light to reveal a luxurious bathtub with a showerhead attached along with every type of soap and and shampoo you could think of.

Needless to say that Elli was relieved.

“Oh, I just smell really bad.” Elli says lifting an arm and whiffing his armpit. “Oh yeah that's Human B O for ya.” He says now scowling at his poor decision making. “Guess that's another specifically human problem in gonna have to deal with.” He says wiping his nose with his arm.

Unfortunately, Celestia was ignoring his pointless muttering and determined to exterminate the smell that afflicted her dear Elliott. “I neef diff frr yoor oon ood!” She says from behind that gas mask before ripping the sheet from the human’s body, leaving him naked.

What happened next went strictly on the record as an accident.


Somehow, Elli’s foot escaped Celestia’s magical aura in his now panicked and frantic state from immediate and unpleasant realization that he was now Naked.

His foot kicked from out of Celestia’s magic grasp which made Celestia herself lose concentration producing magical feedback on Elli.






Magical feedback can be bad in many situations, as the effects of said feedback vary depending on the spell being broken or dispelled. In the case of simple Telepathy, should its grasp be broken- the object or being in its influence should generate a massive amount of velocity and force in the direction the feedback’s origin. The speed at which the subject of the feedback affect travels at is based entirely on the mass, density, and projected ballistic trajectory said subject.

Of course the magic power of the caster whose spell is being broken is also to be taken into account. Where as a lower level magic user would be able to use telekinesis- they would not be able to lift a large boulder as a unicorn of a more powerful caliber would be able to while committing the same effort if not less than the aforementioned user.

Breaking Celestia’s magical grasp meant that she was casually holding him with enough strength to hold 10 grizzly bears down

In this case, Elli shattered the barrier with his foot. His flailing foot shattered through the surface of Celestia’s magic grasp in a series of events that happened too quickly for even the Immortal Alicorn in the room to process what occurs in time to prevent anything from happening.

“Gwah!” was all that Elli could say before Celestia’s magical grasp shattered into a million pieces, simultaneously sending the Human in a flying kick towards Celestia’s muzzle. Fortunately, as his foot collided with the slowly disintegrating gas mask covering Celestia’s face- just grazing her nose and sending Elli flying through the wall of the Bathroom and out into the world at speeds which would rival even the highest recorded wingpower.

Celestia was frozen, she could almost guarantee her nose was broken- which had not happened in over 1000 years. Her mind also frazzled by the magical feedback rushing through her horn, like one of her limbs had fallen asleep- this is also something that has not happened in 1000 years.

Guards rushed into the bathroom, frantically going to aid the disoriented princess.


Celestia holds a hoof to her head as she closes her eyes, and opens them slowly. The shouts of her guards sounded incredibly muffled as her senses tried to recuperate from the shock of the Magical Feedback.

She shook her head, snapping out of her stupor and resetting her demeanor.

“...ess! Are you alright! What happened here-” One guard says, Celestia recognizes him as Blast Shield, a new Recruit under Corporal Iron Wing. Celestia raises a hoof to answer before another guard shouts from behind Celestia. “Princess are you alright, what's going on!” He shouts, frantically.

Celestia raises her hoof a little higher, ushering silence in the room. “I am fine my little ponies.” she says, bringing her her now bleeding nose. “There was an accident and my pet somehow managed to break my magic grasp.” she says as she looks around at the worried guards. Still standing in front of her, Private Blast Shield reaches down into a pocket of his armor and fishes out a small white kerchief.

Private Blast Shield stretches his hoof up toward Celestia with a smile as she turns back toward him. “You can use this if you’d like Princess, at least until you have a doctor look at your nose.” He says as Celestia reaches down and takes the piece of cloth from Blast Shield.

The room settles down, the guards now shifting their attention to the enormous hole in the wall.

Celestia, who’s head is now clearing up as she stops the bleeding in her nose turns back to the guards- wondering what they were paying attention to. Then she remembered.

“ELLI!” She shouts as her pupils shrink to pinpricks.

Author's Note:

Hey guys, been working on this for a while actually.
Glad to be back, i need an editor so PM me if you're interested.
Promise this wont be a yearly thing.:pinkiehappy: