• Published 10th May 2016
  • 4,080 Views, 56 Comments

Discovered - BruhLookit



Months before the Elements of Harmony realized their destinies, the Canterlot Special Sciences division found an unidentified creature near the Everfree

  • ...
11
 56
 4,080

Discovered - 10

Discovered - 10
By Bruhlookit


When Elli was yanked back into consciousness, he was met with silence and darkness. His eyes attempted to adjust to the dark around him; however the total shroud of blackness around him seemed endless.
Elli could assess from his position that he was lying on his back, and the normal feelings of pain and ache from before had almost completely faded away. Most of his body was covered in what felt like extremely fine silk sheets, and his head was supported by pillows that felt like literal heaven compared to his previous sleeping conditions.

“Time to figure out what's going on.” Elli said in the darkness as he reluctantly but slowly lifted his injured leg over the side of the bed. In his efforts to sit up, he could feel what seemed to be broken ribs shifting around in his body with his every move. Surprisingly though, with each movement came less pain than he was expecting, and after a few minutes of struggle Elli had reached a sitting up position.

Elli’s environment was a complete mystery to him, but from what his olfactory senses told him he was definitely in some sort of bedroom. The feeling of cold tile met Elli’s feet as they made contact with the floor. “I need to find a wall to lean on.” Elli mutters to himself, rubbing the knee above his injured leg.

In a few awkward movements, Elli uses his uninjured leg to support himself as he crawls away from the bed.

Looking down and focusing on crawling forward, Elli struggled until the top of his head met with the cold feeling of a wall.

“Shit!” Elli says to himself as he uses his uninjured leg to lift and support himself against the wall he’d found. Elli fumbled against the wall for minutes, looking for a doorknob or maybe curtains that were covering windows. The human’s efforts were finally met with success when his hand finally met with a door knob at hip level.

“Bingo!~” Elli sing-shouts as he twists the knob gently. The door opens with a loud click as it slowly swings open, revealing more darkness. Elli’s finger reaches up to his chin as he ponders the darkness around him.

“Whats going on here seems pretty impossible.” He says to himself, hobbling against the walls and making his way into the corridor the door led to. Each step Elli made towards the next room was accompanied by an echo that gave the human the impression that he’d now made his way into a corridor. A very tall corridor at that.

“Okay, I've definitely made my way back to the Castle.” He says to himself, his thoughts echoing throughout the darkness “But everything is...dark?”
Elli’s mind runs through every possible situation he could think of as he makes his way down the hallway, making sure to avoid stray door knobs hitting him in the hip.

The Hallways of the castle seemed to twist and turn, the very darkness around Elli seeming to lead him in whatever direction he turned to when he was met with a split in the corridor. His eyes now accustomed to the darkness, he could see extremely faint silhouettes of objects just in front of him. Whenever he’d attempted to press his face against any window he’d found he was only met with a dense never ending darkness, no moon or even any stars.

Fumbling through the next corridor he’d found, Elli’s foot is met with a dip down. Catching himself before falling forward, the human regains his footing and exhales sharply.

“Going down?” He says to no one in particular, albeit hesitantly.

...going…..down….?

The hairs on the back of Elli’s neck stand at attention as a feint whisper seems to caress his ears. His eyes widened as he felt a peculiar feeling growing in the back of his head; like something was literally tickling his brain. Elli takes a cautious few steps down the stairs as he relied heavily on the wall for support. The staircase Elli traveled down seemed to spiral downwards at a wide angle, each step echoing downward into the consistent darkness in surrounding him.

..yes….its….you..

Once again the voice comes from down the steps before him, the darkness in front of him now picking up a deep blue hue. Everything in Elli’s mind told him to turn back, hobbles as quickly up the stairs he climbed down, and bury himself under the heavenly covers he’d been wrapped in before.

“But this feeling..” Elli says to himself as his hand clinches into a ball. Elli holds his fist to his chest as a cold feeling spreads through his body. One of fear and regret, but also one of compulsion. This compelling feeling was so strong even his most primal urges couldn't resist it.
The walls around him had now warped and changed to look like spirals of blue mist whirling around him. The stairs under his feet covered in a thick grey fog standing out from the darkness.

...we….meet...once...again…


As the stairs end and the haze around him shifts into a wide open space- Elli’s eyes fall on a pony standing in the center of the new room he’d found himself in. This new pony was tall, her coat as black as the darkness he’d found himself in before, her mane and tail seemed to be an ethereal sparkly mist that flowed from the blue armor she wore. A tall horn protruded from her head, interrupting the flow of her ethereal mane, and powerful wings laid at rest on the mare’s sides.

“You're like Celestia?” He asks out loud. Realizing he’d given away his presence, Elli did his best to regain his composure and convey confidence.

“At….last...we….meet...again…” The pony says to Elli as her head turns toward him and thier eyes meet. Elli’s ability to understand her spoken word baffled him, but what confused him more was the way she’d pronounced her words; each syllable seemed strained, like she was still learning the language.

The revelation of yet another pony who could understand him excited him, but at the same time the first things she’d said to him made no sense.

“Again?” Elli says, shifting his weight against the wall that supported him. “I don't think we’ve ever met before lady.”

The alicorn turns her head and lets out a whinney. “Perhaps…not...” she says, looking visibly upset. “Maybe...in...another...time?” she says, her head hanging. Before she says anything else, a blue mist akin to the alicorns mane materializes through the floor and rises to float in front of the stranger. The mist then rises and melds into the ponies mane.

The Alicorn in front of Elli stomps a hoof and lets out a whinney in clear anger. “Damn Elements.” She says in clear english as she turns to Elli and walks forward slowly, only to stop directly in front of him. The ponies eyes soften as her catlike eyes meet with Elli’s, and her hoof rises to gently meet Elli’s cheek.

Elli slowly recoils from this touch, but his literal being against a wall gave him no choice but to fall into the ponies reach. Her hoof caressed Elli’s cheek in a circle as the strange pony's face changed to a smile.

“Will...meet...again..” She says in a strangely loving tone.

Before he could say anything else, the alicorn in front of Elli melts into a thick mist, the deep blue haze and fog inhabiting the room vanishing with the change of her form. The mist she transforms into hovers in midair before rising and dissipating without a trace left behind.


Three days before the Summer Sun Celebration, Celestia found Elli and transported him to Canterlot herself. His wounds from the magical feedback incident were extensive, multiple broken ribs along with a shattered leg bone. The state which Celestia found Elli in was terrible, but considering the circumstances of the incident, she was glad that a pony had been there to find him and administer first aid at least.

Two days before the Summer Sun Celebration, Twilight Sparkle sent a letter Celestia about Nightmare Moon. The implications of Nightmare Moon’s return had not gone unnoticed by The Solar Princess. Minor cults rising in popularity among the youth revolving around the mare in the moon, and of the many astrological mana surveys from her science team allowed her to predict the exact time and date that the spell would be undone. As prepared as she was, with every plan and contingency she could put into place- Celestia was still not ready. She knew it would not be her fight however.

One day before the Summer Sun Celebration Celestia’s order for Twilight Sparkle to travel to ponyville and be introduced to element bearers was put into place. While her intentions to guide the Element of Magic toward the other bearers was a risky and unpredictable one at that- the outcome would always be the same. While their identities would remain unknown until their emergence, the bearers of the Elements of Harmony would be drawn to each other by the Element of Magic in order to seek and restore balance.

On the morning of the day of The Summer Sun Celebration Elli had begun a quick recovery. With most of the human's internal damage fixed via enchanted bandages- an alternative to medicine magic, the human was able to be moved to Celestia’s private quarters until he would awaken.
Celestia made her way to ponyville after tucking the human in tightly, and making sure there would be guards nearby when he woke up.

Little did they know, this morning would be darker and longer than any other morning in the past 1000 years.

Author's Note:

Firing these out with a Rata-tat tat bois