• Published 21st Jul 2012
  • 1,577 Views, 12 Comments

Corruption - thatguyfromkfc



Twilight has always been one of Celestia's best students. But what happens when power corrupts?

  • ...
4
 12
 1,577

Beginning of Corruption

The studious unicorn stood in the dark library thinking about the powers she possessed. She never used them for anything other than teleporting and levitating. What if there was more she could do? Ponyville was a relatively safe place but what about other places, like Fillydelphia and Las Pegasus? What is she could protect people? She heard footsteps behind her and saw her purple dragon Spike walking down the stairs yawning.
"Twilight why are you still awake?" The dragon asked. "Is something wrong?"
"Nothing's wrong, Spike." Twilight said, faking a smile. "Go back to bed." Spike turned and began walking up the stairs, back to bed. Twilight sighed. Would she be able to do it? She turned and began to walk up the stairs. She'd just have to find out tomorrow.

The lavender mares eyes flickered open. She sat up and scratched the back of her head with a hoof. Was she going to do it? She suddenly heard Spike burp and turned around. On the floor in front of the unicorn was a small scroll. She opened it and levitated it towards her. It read:

Don't do it. Please. I know what you're thinking. Just don't do it.

Twilight stared at it. She recognized her mentors writing, but how did she know? Did Celestia have sort of connection with her student? Twilight had to find out. She put the letter down and went to stand by the window. She looked towards the horizon and stared at Canterlot Castle. Did her mentor know what she was thinking of doing? She had only one choice. She was going to Canterlot to see the princess...and she was going to ask her how she knew.

Twilight galloped towards Canterlot Castle breathing heavily. She went inside and shot up the stairs. She stopped in front of the doors to the castle hall and pushed them open with her magic. Nobody was inside. She ran towards the princesses bed chamber and hammered on the door. A calm voice replied to the knocking.
"Come in, Twilight." Twilight opened the door and saw Celestia standing there, smiling. "What brings you here?" She asked, calmly.
"How did you know?" Twilight replied. Celestia's smiling face turned to that of sadness.
"Many unicorns have thought of trying what you are thinking of. None have succeeded. Most were caught and thrown in jail. Others either couldn't bring themselves to do it or went insane and went on an insane killing spree, eventually leading to their deaths." Celestia told her. "It would not be wise to bring justice yourself. You know the story of the pony that tried to interfere with death. They tried to bring back the dead, and they paid the ultimate price. It's the law of equality. 'To bring something back, something of equal value must be lost.'" Twilight stared at her mentor. "He tried to bring back a life. So the law of equality took his. Do you know who the pony he brought back was, Twilight?" Celestia asked. Twilight shook her head. "That pony...was me."

The unicorn stared at the princess.
"It was you?" She asked. The princess nodded.
"He tried to bring me back because he loved me. He succeeded. But at a cost. That pony died because he interfered. That is also why I am so old. Because I died and was brought back to life it added what he had lived onto my lifespan. Alicorns live for longer than normal ponies anyway. Honestly, I should've died long ago. Back onto the subject at hand. Just because this involves the law and not life, it doesn't make it any different." Celestia took a step towards her student. "I won't try to stop you. I'm just trying to warn you. I don't want you to go and get yourself killed or put in jail. You shouldn't dwell on the thought for long, or you might go insane." Celestia stood back from her student. "But it's your choice." Twilight turned and walked out of the door.

Twilight stood in her library. She was going to do it. She was going to try and clean up the world herself. She was the only one who would dare to. Tomorrow it would begin. She would rid Equestria of the scum that infested it's streets. She would begin with Fillydelphia. She would move on to other towns and cities until all of Equestria was safe. She began to chuckle slightly at the thought of a safer Equestria. Tomorrow, all of Fillydelphia would know the name Twilight Sparkle. They would thank her. Tomorrow, the clean up would begin and all of Equestria will praise her. They would shout her name and she would sit and smile. Knowing she had done Equestria a big favour. Tmorrow...the end would begin.

Celestia sat in her chambers and looked at the floor sadly. She knew Twilight would ignore her warnings. When the time comes she would have to fight her student and stop her from what she was doing. She would have to kill her own student. It was the only way to stop the killing. It was a depressing thought for the princess. She didn't want it to come to that, but she knew it would. She knew it was the only way. If only it wasn't. If only there was another way. Celestia let the thought lead her into sleep. A sleep that would be plagued by nightmares of the days to come. Flashes of lightning, beams of light colliding as a mentor and her student were locked in a seemingly endless battle and then it would end. One of them would fall to the ground and then there would be only darkness.

Twilight herself fell asleep. But she had no nightmares. Only dreams. Dreams of the way Equestria would be when she was finished with it. Dreams of a peaceful Equestria. No hate, no death...only peace. But as with anything with two or more views...only one could be true. But which one would it be...a peaceful Equestria, free of crime, hate, and evil? Or a battle that only one could win? Tomorrow...it would begin.

Comments ( 12 )

So what do you think of this first chapter?

796298 its a bit fast but it looks good :pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy:

Damn this looks interesting,more plz:pinkiehappy::twilightsmile:

very fast but i'l check how it goes it coud use some romance like death note lol :twilightsmile:

Clicked because of epic picture, but lookin forwards to the rest of this :D

It looks interesting, but it's too fast. You gotta slow down and get the pacing right.

Twilight cant die :rainbowlaugh:

Love the FMA refence in there, genius...but this seemed a bit to fast paced and she just appeared in Canterlot...odd right? Also you used the word matter at hand when it should have been matter at hoof...ponies and all you know?

Also, be sure to caplize the first letter of your pen name and if you are doing romance in this then I got a few ideas I can throw your way.....I'll be watching this and reviewing all chapters, watch out for spelling and grammer errors and know that I got your back if you ever need ideas, advice, hepl...peace bro...hoping to see more...also, I love Oblivion (the dark half of Twilight Sparkle and member of the Dark Elements or Disharmony as they are also known as) hoping to see her in it as well:pinkiehappy:

seems interesting, but it was wat too fast

That cover pic is badass.

So... Twilight realizes just how powerful she is and -somehow- gets corrupted by it and tries to rid Equestria of evil? :applejackunsure:

Hmm...OK, I'm not going to lie to ya, I really don't know about this story. It has an interesting idea, but it went by way to fast. Need to slow down a bit and try pacing the story right. I mean there was hardly any room for character or plot development, even though this is just one chapter. As of right now, it feels more like a one-shot fanfic right now. Which is shame, because it has quite the good cover art. :trixieshiftright:

Login or register to comment