• Published 17th Apr 2016
  • 921 Views, 13 Comments

How a Rainbow Dies - Di-o-S



Rainbow Dash tries a new stunt, only for it to go horribly wrong...

  • ...
3
 13
 921

Lightningboom

It was a gray stormy day outside, Perfect for what I was going to do! Normally I would have just created a storm cloud yesterday but there was a storm scheduled for today. So, I waited for the rest of the day which seemed to drag on for hours before ending so I could try something like this! I thought excited at the prospect of doing something that was thought even more impossible than the Rainboom to do. I mean they were sort of the same I had to break the sound barrier but with lightning wrapped around me,that's sounded awesome!

When I told my friends Twilight, of course, told me about not being fully protected from the lightning and that it was a stupid risk I shouldn’t take. Applejack understanding that there was no luck stopping me from doing this, gave me her best wishes for my success and told me to be careful. Pinkie told me she would bake cupcakes when I told her I succeeded. Rarity told me to be careful much like Applejack had. Fluttershy said good luck and something else I didn’t catch.

Opening the front door I flew out watching the storm as it rumbled and started to produce rain in sheets bathing Ponyville in a torrent of rain. The rain didn’t disrupt my flying. The however wasn’t what I was waiting for from this storm, it was the lighting that I needed and as if on cue lightning started flashing across the sky striking at random high objects with no pattern with the thunder growling shortly after every strike.

I felt a smile appear on my face, it was the perfect conditions for what I was going to do. I flew up as high as needed to do the rainboom upon getting there I started to try to find the spot that had the most lightning. My eyes trained for this type of weather found a spot fairly quickly that seemed okay for it. I closed my eyes to bring all focus to what I was doing and started the dive toward the spot eyes open. I felt the familiar rainbow colored cone shape form around me while I rocketed toward the spot I needed to be at. I was closing in by the second, yes! I almost reached the spot when the lighting just stopped.

“It’s all right it just stopped for a second it’ll start up again,” I told myself not slowing down, yet the lighting still remained dormant. By the time, I realized that it wouldn’t show it was too late and I was met with a bloody nose and a mouthful of dirt. Spitting it out the dirt I looked at the stormy sky with a vengeance.

“I will do this stunt!” I shouted at the storm. “And there’s nothing you can do about that!” I finished flying back up to a vantage point to find another better place to fly through. Ah-ah! There was a perfect place to fly through it was riddled with lightning. I started my second dive, this time, keeping a keen eye on the place that the lightning was, as I didn’t want a repeat my mistake of last time. My speed increased again to the point where the rainbow cone formed around me. This is it! I thought in excitement as I got closer and closer the lightning didn’t stop if anything it increased.

I went through the lightning area, the pain was all I felt it became my whole world for a minute or an hour, I don’t know. I felt the wet earth below me the rain falling on me as I laid their eyes closed wondering what happened. My body felt broken, burned in almost every place. Then I heard voices.

“Rainbow are you okay!” was that, Twilight? Rarity? Somepony else? I couldn’t tell the voice was warped in a way so, I couldn’t understand it. “Spike I need you to get the girls, I'll get Rainbow to the hospital,”

“Alright, Twilight!” The voice of what I assumed to be Spike answered, footsteps followed his retreat at running pace. I felt the sensation of being lifted and assumed I was floating in Twilight’s magic, I felt my eyes droop until sleep took me.

Beep! Beep! Beep! Beep!

The slow beeps woke me up, thinking it might be an alarm clock I moved to turn it off or at least I tried to but my body didn’t respond. I still wanted to know where I was so, I did what anyone who was couldn’t see or move would do. I guessed, feeling the blanket it was thin and the bed was not comfortable which lead me to the belief that I was in a hospital being I had enough experience in hospitals. Hearing voices I tried to speak to confirm my theory but my mouth refused to do what I wanted to like everything else.

Beep! Beep! Beep! Beep!

“-But is she going to be okay?” A warped voice asked concern clear in her voice, I heard another pony respond but could catch what he said. The door opened and by the sounds of the hoofsteps, there were 5 ponies entering the room.

Beep! Beep! Beep! Beep!

“Can she hear us?” a higher pitch-warped voice asked worry in her tone.

Beep! Beep! Beep!

“I don’t think so sugar cube,” a voice answered her sadness in her tone.

Beep! Beep! Beep!

“Why didn’t, Pinkie come?” another voice asked.

Beep! Beep! Beep!

“She took it rather how do i put this uniquely,” a voice answered with worry.

Beep! Beep!

“Is Rainbow Dash going to make it?” the high-pitched voice asked.

Beep! Beep!

“I don’t know,” a voice answered the high pitched one sadly.

Beep! Beep!

“But that’s unfair!” the high-pitched voice proclaimed.

Beep!

“Scoota-” a voice tried to say

Beep!

“No! Rainbow will make it you’ll see,” the high pitched one said as i felt two tiny hooves wrap around my neck. I fell really tired maybe I should go to sleep now. I thought the prospect of sleep seeming more important than what was happening at the moment.

Beeeeeeee-


I heard one more thing before slipping away.


“Rainbow Dash!” the high-pitched voice shouted “Don’t leave me, please. Don’t leave me here...”

---End---

Author's Note:

I know this story sucks, I'm going to rewrite it! The rewritten version should have fewer mistakes and less rush than the original story. Leave your thoughts in a comment below!

Comments ( 13 )

Dark..... Such feels.

Just a note on the short description: "try's" is incorrect. "Tries" is correct. In English, it is impossible to conjugate verbs by adding on the apostrophe and the s. The same goes for plural nouns. Adding 's to any word never makes it plural. Just something to watch for.

All "I"s are supposed to be capitilized:twilightsmile:

There are some spelling errors in this story, such as the letter "I" not capitalized on many occasions. This was still an enjoyable read for me, atleast.

I appreciate the criticism, it helps, thanks and i will correct these when i can. :pinkiehappy:

Not bad but you need an editor.

:fluttercry:Rianbow...?

Not too bad. 6/10 a little bit more decent

The door opened and by the sounds of the hoof steps, there were 6 ponies entering the room.

4 of the mane 6 + Scoots = 5. Who's the last? A doctor?

7159004 Another mistake, thanks for catching it! :twilightsmile: I'll fix it soon

Is it just me, or are all the stories like this not sad at all just because I know it isn't canon? :rainbowderp:

7199661 I know the feeling. I can write or read sad stories yet no emotions at all. So its not just you its me too.

It would be more sad if you showed more of the after math from a third person perspective or even just scootaloo's

Login or register to comment