• Published 28th Apr 2016
  • 180 Views, 2 Comments

Galactic Defilement - Defensive flight



a fight amongst the stars of holy proportions

  • ...
 2
 180

A Gift From The Holy Ones

Dark corridors of burnt hull walls lined with glass like tubes, as a pale light beginning to rise up from the bottom in sequence down each corridor, the tubes covered in a layer of frost so thick it barely allowed the light to permeate through. As the light brightens and intensify the frost began to fin allowing the light to form silhouettes of ponies standing upright, each tube filled with a pony, each corridor filled with hundreds of tubes, each set of corridors leading off of a large central chamber with five sides.

large ceiling lights blast on with large booming noises ignites the space with a piercing white glow revealing the poor and heavily damaged scared hull of the ship and that many of the tubes occupants are nothing but shriveled husks of ancient ponies eyes boiled away, sheets of skin and muscle tissue loosely hanging from the pail chalk like bones while overs seem to have perfectly preserved crew members all clad in scorched black armor many of witch have systems activating with coloured lights running through crevasses all over the armor plates. As the frost clears from the glass the tubes seem to melt back to the sides causing the ponies to fall back onto all fours seeming to awake with no hesitation standing to attention ignoring their unfortunate brethren who's remains and decayed armor flood out of into the walkways. Each member raising their heads in unison and turning towards the central chamber filling it with countless souls but able to fit countless more as dust fires from the edges of the floor as it begins to slowly lift before screeching upwards as sparks fly into the center landing of the ponies skin and armor burning in slightly before cooling, not phasing a single one as many of their helms form barriers across their eyes in the same colour that runs through their armor. The lift grinds to a halt as they flood off into different sectors of the ship seeming to wake up as the move into them, a large portion heading to the rear their armor light with a blood red while ones with a pale green head towards the sides and those with a deep purple head towards the front soon reaching a large bridge were another tube but of solid purple stands in the center, the bridge crew march to their positions as the systems activate and they begin to attend their duties the ship coming to life, screens coming online showing the other parts of the ship, the pale green crew working on weapon and engine systems that are massive in scale with chunks of rust cracking and falling away from the moving parts, a few crew getting crushed without even a blink from the others, and in a giant hanger bay the red crewmen climb pillars activating and boarding fighter and bomber craft alike all covered in thick layers of dust which fills the room as they activate thousands of them.

The central tube on the bridge melts away to the deck as a golden armor held in place by golden long fin metal clamps lowering it into a standing position as a deep purple light filled the crevasses forming intricate markings with the light before the armor pieces connected themselves with the light as the clamps released and it began to move looking around the bridge before lifting a hoof plate and the bridges forward walls polarized revealing them to be view screens among the dark void the ship along with many others orbiting a blue giant star. The other ships began to wake, all of a similar design, the size of major effort colony ships re-purposed with bolted on weapons long pot bellied looking hunks of hull with large cube like engines igniting and throwing the vessels from orbit before they begin emitting bolts of energy and then vanishing completely.

The mass of ships going through FTL in formation. On bored the lead ships bridge the deep purple hololight golden armor stands proud in the center looking down on the bridge crew "STATUS UP DATE ON WAKE UP!" the light emitted from its armor fluttered with each word booming seemingly from nowhere.
Three of the officers stepped forwards with the one on the far right spoke first "We have 82% command crew survived extended hype ."
The central one then spoke up "56% of engineering crew survived however unforeseen incidences with the lack of engine maintenance lead to only 53% still surviving."
The final one stepped forth "91% of flight crew ready to convert!"
"GOOD! GOOD! AND THE FLEETS STATUS?"
The two on the sides went back to their duties as the center one replied "all but two ships awoke and are following with similar crew status although the two we left behind failed to start their awakening we believe they were too damaged."
"UNFORTUNATE." the hololight armor turned to the rest of the bridge crew "WE HAVE BEEN GIVEN WORD FINALLY THAT IT IS TIME TO CLEANS THE GALAXY OF ALL WHO REFUSE THE GREAT STARS LIGHT!!!" its voice boomed through the hole ship ship and across the fleet followed by a mass oh raws, cheers and hoof stomping.


On the outskirts of a system laying in the remains of Equeesian Empire far territory where a battle group around two defensive stations managing to successfully fend off a small fleet of holy ships, being destroyed by a wall of railgun, massdriver and gauss rounds fired from the ships and stations. The high velocity rounds tearing through the hull of the hole holy fleet bar one massive Tempest class spacehulk that just plowed through wrecks of fallen allies just seeming to take the fire into its mass and the occasional chunk blown off, the two defensive stations were equipped with large prototype gauss cannons that had finally charged the rings on the barrels lighting up green before a large round was fired at both streaming across space as green streaks before vanishing as they impacted the hulks forward bow. The massive hulks engines burnt out as small explosions erupted from them and the rounds inside detonated in the drive core blowing a hole in the rear of its hull were the engines once resided, The holy fleet almost decimated and the Imperial fleet erupting in celebration at the sight of a Tempest going down through the awe was short lived as bright lights started apearing from behind the Imperial and the newly awakened ships jumped into the system one after another, a single ship dwarfing the sized of the tempest, a few of the more heavily damaged ships began emergence jumps as the awakened began firing emiting a blinding amount of light which lasted only a few moments before the hole battle group was chunks of hull surrounding the remains of the stations.

Author's Note:

So So sorry for the delay i suck and the story sucks i know but i like writing it and i would still love a proof reader if there are any offers or just someone that likes were the story is and going but wants to see it done soooo much better. took so long because of idea blockages and then i broke my laptop and just got it sort of fixed so can finally do this again.

Flying high
Defensive Flight :rainbowdetermined2:

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment