• Published 28th Apr 2016
  • 180 Views, 2 Comments

Galactic Defilement - Defensive flight



a fight amongst the stars of holy proportions

  • ...
 2
 180

A Sinners Pride

A few hours after the battle with the Salvatore that left the fleet disabled or heavily damaged by its strange weapons, most of the ships damages have been fixed or plated over allowing them to limp back to a near by starbase for a mass of repairs to all the ships and their systems and to have their wounded cared for and to say goodbye to their fallen as their uniforms are sent home while their bodies are given to the stars to forever explore.

on bored the medical section of the starebase lay members of the crews from all the Luna fleet and unfortunately one pony who received both a devastating injury along with a swift promotion from commander to captain, Blue Sight lay in a white sheeted bed, as white as the bandages over his face and torso, the recently changed bandages as the set and the sets before had been soiled by his blood, the red staining from his blood had caused the nurses to repetitively change his bandaging to prevent infection as unfortunately the stallion had been court by a power conduit blast the same blast that unfortunately court the captain Pike Fishing, although Blue Sight had been badly burnt on the left side of his face and his right front leg had been burnt almost down to the bone meaning they had to remove the hole thing, right to the shoulder. the poor stallion had yet woken from the surgery where they removed his leg and fitted a replacement shoulder mounting wired into his nervous system and plated over the damaged part of his head. The technical team on bored had already put together a bionic leg for him, but where waiting for him to wake up so they could fit it to him.

as for other members of the fleet, the entire bridge crew of the Daniel died when it was hit by one of the Salvatore's plasma streams, the Webster lost a few engineers when trying to make a battle field repair to the damaged nacelle, the Matilda lost a large portion of its crew from the sheer amount of hits it took from the plasma streams while the others lost none, the Dash lost its captain, a few midshipmen and some of its lieutenants in its gun decks and finally the Luna lost a few midshipmen along with some pilots that where in the wrong hull sections at the wrong time. luckily most of the damage to the Luna was superficial however the other ships weren't nearly as lucky, the Churchill and the Cromwell had their shield structures replaced, the Matilda had its entire front and rear ends replaced along with two of its nacelles and four of its accelerator cannons, the Webster had its nacelle replaced, the Daniel had a new bridge fitted along with a large amount of crew replacements and promotions, the Luna got some new pilots and outer hull replacements and the Dash had her left nacelle, three railguns, top decking around the gauss cannon and a portion of her engineering deck replaced after taking several direct shots from the plasma.


"INCOMING! Captain overloads on several decks. WEAPONS SYSTEMS DISABLED! Polarization..." many familiar voices being thrown around as a explosion silences them. The darkness lifts to see the bridge burning and many pony on the floor, the griffin Barrington laying on his now smashed console and the captain running towards the engineering monitor as it starts smoking and it does to static, a blue leg stretches out in front towards him as the power conduit behind explodes engulfing the captain. The leg reaches closer to where he was standing as it too is engulfed by the blast and all colour goes yellow before going black again as a voice yells out "CAPTAIN!" as it rings into silence.

Blue sight startles awake yelling for the captain over and over again trying to reach out with both legs, looking down to his left to see why his leg isn't raising he screams again but in pain and fear as he stares thrashing as he looks for his missing limb as some of the stations nurses rush over to stop him from hurting himself. "Sir! Sir! I need you to calm don, you where injured and we had to remove your leg, Sir i need you to calm down!" on of the nurses raises as he trys calling a doctor to come help. meanwhile of the command deck of the station the fleet captains where meeting to discus the events of the attack, slamming his hoof on the table captain Grosessco infuriated spoke "WHAT THE HELL DID THAT IDIOT OF A FRIGATE CAPTAIN GET US INTO AND WHY THE HELL ISN'T FISHING IN THIS MEETING!"

Captain William responded "will you calm down, we all took damage and most of us took losses because of that damn ship but we where following orders just like Fishing was and if it wasn't for his ships gauss cannon we would have never been able to punch through that things hull"

"If it wasn't for him we wouldn't of lost an entire ships bridge crew and my friend!" Grosessco continued "And even now he doesn't have the courage to face us as he knows it was all his fa..." A scaled fist struck across his face sending him too the floor.

"THAT FRIGATE 'CAPTAIN' AS YOU KEEP CALLING HIM IS DEAD!" Captain Drogon interrupted "HE DIED ON HIS SHOP AFTER IT TOOK A MASSIVE BARRAGE OF FIRE FROM THAT THING AND HE WAS A HELL OF A BETTER CAPTAIN THAN YOU WHO BASES HIS SKILL ON THE TONNAGE OF HIS SHIP" i have half a mind to re-leave of of your command and let you stay in this stations brig to rot. he sent his ship right up to that thing and dealt it a massive blow while you just sat taking pot shots while you drifted missing a single nacelle in your light cruiser now shut up and wait for his replacement to give us the rest of his briefing" Drogon sat down shaking off his hand after that punch he gave and Grosessco climbed back to his.

shortly after the door opened and Blue sight walked in limping slightly with his newly fitted leg and face plate, the room fell silent as he walked towards the table, his bionic leg shifting with each step as it adjusted to his weight, some blue lights around the joints glinted off the rest of its shining silver metal the servos letting out a gentle whine with each movement, as he sat looking down at his leg he began the briefing. "Hello I am Blue sight the new captain of the ENV Dash... I will be taking over for the late captain Pike Fishing. Now we have been sent word that more ships like the Salvatore have been spotted jumping into our space although they are no longer going after single civilian ships but engaging fleets on our outer territories"

Captain Eli the new captain of the Daniel raised his hand before asking a question "why are we being told? surely if our fleet can take out one then the others should be able to."

"That is a good point but they are attacking with multiple ships and the other fleets are struggling to hold their ground against the amount of fire coming from them" A screen lit up as Blue sight continued showing images of similar ships to the Salvatore "As you can see they stay in tight formations and lay down overlapping streams of plasma which makes it almost impossible to get any missiles through to them and their armour appears to be designed as layer over layers so they just shed the damaged layers as some sort of shielding. The first fleet is being sent out to protect key point within the territories while we are being sent to do hit and run attacks on outlying groups, the hope is that the frigates and light cruisers can engage and distract them while the carriers bomber and fighter wings can get behind and do precision strikes on their weapon in-placements allowing the Luna to move in and decimate the ships with its missile turrets. hopefully this tactic will let us inflict massive damage with minimal losses... everyone clear? okay lets get to our first target!"

All the captains left to their ships and ready their weapons systems. the frigates and light cruisers formed a line in front of the Luna before they all readied to jump, the spars began to ark, the engines all went dark and the white light filled the area as they jumped out.

Author's Note:

well i did promise two chapters this week and here's the second :derpytongue2: hope you enjoy it and keep on reading :scootangel: oh and also thanks again to Crimson falls for letting me use her OC

Flying high
Defensive flight :rainbowdetermined2: