• Published 28th Apr 2016
  • 179 Views, 2 Comments

Galactic Defilement - Defensive flight



a fight amongst the stars of holy proportions

  • ...
 2
 179

The Sins Of The Few

A hulking mass of dark metal floating through space seemingly inert, strange chunks off the sides, long rods coming from its nose. A sudden rumbling throughout the hulking mass as small lights across it illuminating the metal outer showing its shape much clearer, a large rectangle like main hull with an indented front containing the main hanger,k the strange chunks on its sides where large nacelles, the rods at its prow where the barrels of large gun turrets and as the hull light up, along the prow the words 'ENV Luna'.

The princess class carrier, the flagship of the Luna forward exploration fleet, she had an large amount of missile turrets, rail guns and prow mounted accelerator cannons. Following shortly behind two Faustian class light cruisers both in the shape of a Bowie knifes blade but covered in serrations with a large cube to the rear where the bridge and other core decks and systems where housed, they had two nacelles coming from those cubes with red scrolls on them, they where armed with 35 rail gun turrets, two missile turrets on the top deck and a prow mounted accelerator cannon. the light cruisers 'ENV Webster' and 'ENV Daniel' where only just about the size of the Luna's nacelles where as the four armour class frigates were only half that size, 'ENV Churchill' 'ENV Cromwell' 'ENV Matilda' 'ENV Vicars' two on either sides trailing the cruisers.

The frigates hull was in a long rectangular shape with bulges at the rear, centre and front along with four small nacelles two on each side near the rear, on them there was a green tank like shape on them. they had ten light accelerator cannon turrets on each along with a large amount of missile tubes on its flat front and like the rest of the fleet they were black with a royal blue line down the centre of the sides, the standard fleet colours for any Equees naval vessel. These ships had been patrolling the outer most reaches of the Equeesiean Empire since their construction, although some ships had been changed out or replaced along with the crews ever so often, these had been out here for a rather long time and it would be doubtful that the ships at least would ever see their home port again.

The fleet had seen plenty of things from migrating interstellar fungal beings, hostile intelligence, ship bound nomads drifting through the cosmos and even the odd ancient abandoned space craft, being part of the Luna fleet was definitely an interesting assignment but not too popular among crews of the Empire, most go for border or orbital duties leave the few fleets like the Luna to be rather old vessels hence the addition of the ENV Dash to this long serving and rather out dated fleet. The ENV Luna was one of the first carriers to be out fitted for long term voyages or conflicts although they get resupplied as often as they can as its never had to be too far from a populated system. Though that is to change soon seeing as a certain ship is bring new orders from the Equeesian hierarchy, for a new objective deep within unexplored and unresearched space.

On board the carrier there's a crew of 200, 50 crewmen operating the ship, most in engineering and weapons decks and the other 150 where pilots for the fighter and bomber wings stored on board. The fighters used two wing mounted twin linked rail guns and a single nose missile tube, while the bomber had a single nose mounted rail gun, four wing mounted missile tubes, and rail gun turret behind the cockpit. These where as old as the ship itself but their missile types were the newer kinetic entry vehicle with a mid body quartit explosive.

All the ships in the fleet where drifting along through the Joroth sector awaiting the Dash when off the port side of the fleet an orb of sparks started forming before small bolts stared to jump from it and a large white flash of light filled the area as the ENV Dash jumped in, slowing herself with her retro thrusters before hailing the ENV Luna. *The bridge of the Dash* The forward monitor light up with the old scared face of a dragon who was the in charge of the Luna and her fleet, 'Admiral Drogon' "Captain Pike Fishing reporting for duty sir"

"Calm down the formalities Fishing, I haven't seen you since the last engagement against the Claytonieans back when you still captained the ENV Faust" The admiral responded

"Yes sir... Drogon, she was a mighty fine ship"

"Yes she was, too bad she was marked as out dated, i reckon my Luna will be soon enough especial when the rest of the 85th gens star coming out of production"

"Well that wont be for quite a while so you've got a few more years with your old girl"

"Thanks Fishing, now how about we get to those new orders"

Author's Note:

Sorry for the short chapter this week i've had a bit of a block which is also why this is late and well to be honest probably a terrible chapter. Thanks for the read anyways

Flying high
Defensive flight :rainbowdetermined2: