• Published 28th Apr 2016
  • 179 Views, 2 Comments

Galactic Defilement - Defensive flight



a fight amongst the stars of holy proportions

  • ...
 2
 179

Are The Sins Of The Many

On bored the ENV Luna within her thick hulled body the captain's of the fleet sat within the briefing room as captain Pike Fishing stood up and slowly trotted to the front of the room, the lights dimmed as they all drew their attention to the screen as it lights up showing a very distorted image oh a large hulking mass resembling and early 2nd gen Equees naval vessel but horriblely damaged and reconstructed many many times.

Captain Fishing spoke up "This image was taken by a civilian cargo freighter in the opscurase sector after this ship jumped almost into them and proceeded to open fire on all its key systems, once the freighter was disabled the ship requested they 'denounce their sins and give them selves over to the Great Holy Star' and when the freighter refused and asked for the reason for their attack the ship opened fire once again in an attempt to destroy the freighter"

Captain Grosessco of the Webster interrupted "If the freighter was under attack then why did it not send off a distress signal, this sounds like a stupid joke by some civis"

Captain William of the Vicars joined in "If it was a prank then why did Fishing come all the way out here with the newest ship type you fool"

Captain Evans of the Daniel raised "dont call him a fool you lowly frigate captain! this could just be a warning of such pranks"

Captain Drogon slammed is thick scaled fist onto the table "maybe if all you FOOLS shut up then Pike could finish and we can get back to not arguing about damn ships classes" The other captains fell silent "carry on Pike"

"Thank you Sir... well the freighter did send off a distress signal with this image attached unfortunately this is all that made it before it was destroyed and as far as our annalists can tell the distortion of the image was caused by amens radiation and they believe the ship is emitting it at high and deadly levels witch is a shock to think that there is even a living crew on the ship another shock is that our annalists think they have found a part of the hull of the mystery ship with a registration on it" The image enlarges on a single point of the front of the hull of the ship and as the image is cleared up it has the words 'ENV Salvatore' and the captains seem to gasp in unison "As we all know the Salvatore a 2nd generation dreadnought was lost in the inner rim wars along with 200 other ships back in the era of the 'Goshling wars' and now we're seeing it here patched up and attacking our own ships"

Drogon speaks up "So let me guess the hierarchy want us to investigate and if it turns out to be that old ship and it attacks they know we should have enough fire power to blow it back into a floating debris cloud"

Fishing sitting back down as the screen goes off and the lights come back on "Yes Sir, we're to jump to the sight of the attack and hopefully find something to track it by and investigate and if necessary engage and terminate the ship"

Drogon stands and opens the doors to the bridge "Well we better get to work".

All the captains get up and begin to funnel out and return to their own ships. all the ships crews get to readying their weapons for firing , the fleets charged and loaded their weapons and jump drives while the Dash began charging its gauss cannon and other systems for the jump. all the ships preped and ready to jump locked the coordinates to the opscurase sector. Their engines dulled, sparks jumped from the hulls, some arcing from ship to ship and all the ships vanished with a blinding amount of light as one after the other jumped out of the system.


In the opscurase sector a load of small little lightning strikes start emanating in space and then the Luna and her fleet jump into the system, nacelles turned around and firing at full to stop the mass amount of momentum from the jump and then they turn back to the rear. all the ships initiate a high scale local scan trying to find some way of tracking the Salvatore. one of the armour class reported that there was still a residual signature of the radiation the ship was said to produce and that there was a large amount of it going off deeper into the sector. The fleet began tracking the radiation signature for the next few hours stumbling across the debris of what seemed to be another civilian ship.

A group comlink was opened between the fleets bridges and Captain Daniel started talking "The debris match the hull type of a civilian system to system transport but the weapon signatures dont match anything we have on record even from any enemy craft known, its like they used some sort of energy weapons"

a midshipman on the Dash spoke up "actually sir it seems as though the weapon signature doesn't match any know weapons but it does match a signature on record"

"Well what is it midshipman" Captain Pike encouraged him

"well the signature is the same as an experimental plasma thruster developed for rapid ground attack trooper capsules"

Captain Drogon spoke up "Are you saying they used modified thrusters as weapons crewman"

"No sir more like they used a directed ignited plasma stream weapon" The midshipman replied hesitantly to the dragon.

Fishing thanked the midshipman before talking "so their using plasma weapons that's definitely worrying to know but does explain how they can total these civilian ships so quickly"

"Agreed" Drogon replied quietly "more so has anyone else noticed the radiation stops here?"

At that moment a large amount of light came from across the debris field and all the ships started picking up high readings of everything on every monitor a sudden message appeared with both audio and text "DENOUNCE YOUR SINS AND GIVE YOURSELVES OVER TO THE GREAT HOLY STAR!" And a large ship speared from the light thrusting towards the fleet at full speed
"ALL HANDS BATTLE STATIONS AND EVASIVE ACTIONS!" was said on all ships as they tried to move out of the way of the ship. on bored the Dash a crewmen confirmed that the ship was the Salvatore and it was charging weapons so the captain announced "POLARIZE THE HULL PLATING" the ships hull seemed to spark as though it was going to jump but then gained a slight blue glow to it.

Drogon yelled over all coms "OPEN FIRE ON THAT SHIPS WEAPONS NOW!" as the Lunas missile turrets adjusted to face the Salvatore and began launching missiles, as the missiles got close the the Salvatore a hole opened on its side and a turreted weapon on some kind emerged before firing a bright yellow stream of light towards the missiles obliterating them and then hitting the Luna carving a line into its hull.

The Luna came to a stop as it turned its prow towards the ship and the Armour class formed a defensive pattern in front of her before the large blocks on their hulls folded out for form three layers of armour shielding as they opened fire with their missile tubes and accelerator cannons with an almost constant barge of shells from the four ships firing one after the other, some hit the Salvatore only seeming to brake off chunks of metal from it outer hull and again its turret unleashed a beam of yellow light this time hitting one of the shield structured on the Churchill seemingly stopping the blast at first before burning through it and the other structures and ending.

The light cruisers begin firing their railguns rapidly at the Salvatore's engines firing a load of of shells at them on luckily connecting and quickly tearing them to pieces but only to have several more of the strange weapons come out off the hull and firing a spiral around the light cruisers. The Webster took a direct shot to its left nacelle cutting right through it while the Daniel took a direct shot to the bridge killing all in there as the two ships slowly drifted to a stop the Luna fires a storm of shells from its Prow cannons decimating the left side of the Salvatore and then releasing a barrage of missiles once again at it while the cannons charge, the frigates still firing their cannons and launching missiles while the Webster fires what guns it can towards the ship.

The Salvatore after receiving the massive amount of damage from the ships releases more of its turrets from its hull and begins releasing beams of yellow light towards the incoming missiles as well as damaging more of the ships as a large green bolt seems to penetrates its right side and then blows a chunk of its hull patching off as the Dash flies upside down over the Salvatore releasing a massive volley from her rail guns as the gauss cannon charges itself back to firing power. damaging the weapons on the top of the hull, as the turrets begin to re-target the Dash a load of missiles hit the hole caused by the gauss cannon further damaging the ship. As the Salvatore is focused on the Dash the Luna fires another round of shots from its prow ripping the rear of the ship apart but the Salvatore makes one last strike as it fires it remaining beams at the Dash heavily damaging the frigate causing explosions through out the ship killing a few of the crew including captain Fishing.

Seeing this Drogon orders a full weapons fire from all functioning ships. All the functioning ships fire their missiles and shells which all devastate the outer hull of the ship quickly ripping piece by piece from the ship totalling it and leaving nothing alive within the wreckage.

The Salvatore now a large cloud of debris, both light cruisers heavily damaged, two of the armour class missing chunks of their shield structures and one disabled completely, the Luna only left with carvings on her hull after the intense ship to ship combat leaving the dash floating heavily damage only using RTS to keep herself steady and near the fleet many crew dead and the captain now dead as well leaving her first fight both a failure but yet at least a survival one even if just barely.

Author's Note:

SO SO SO SO SO SO SORRY I HAVEN'T POSTED ANYTHING FOR A WHILE!!! i haven't been too well recently but to make up for it i'll upload two chapters this week :pinkiehappy:

Flying high
Defensive flight :rainbowdetermined2: