• ...
6
 5
 1,264

2-002

You and Sunset walk along the foggy path—the pink coloration still unnerves you—on your way to the Barrier. Then, all of a sudden, you come across two miniature male versions of Sunset She-demon, one blue, one orange.

What will you do?

[FIGHT!] [RUN!] [DO NOTHING!] [SPARE] [FLIRT]

>>spare

You chose to spare them. Sunset steps forward and gives the two a piercing glare, whom of which are cowering under her gaze.

"Snips! Snails! Beat it!" she ordered.

"Y-Yes, ma'am!" they stammered and flew off.

"...Well..." you speak up, "that happened."

She sighs, "Don't worry about them, they're idiots."

You shrug, "If you say so."

You two continue onward through the pink fog filled path, seemingly going on forever.

"What's going on? It feels like we haven't gotten anywhere."

"...It's the fog." Sunset said.

"Huh?"

"It's a special kind of magic; it was designed to trap dark entities in an endless road, preventing any sort of escape."

You began to think for a moment. You knew your "ACT" screen wouldn't be much help, but you also don't have any magic to counter this trap.

Unless...

"Hold my hand."

For a red-skinned demon, Sunset certainly turned redder at your words, "W-W-What?!"

"Trust me. I know what I'm doing."

She hesitated for a half a minute longer until she finally gave in, "Alright...but no funny business!"

You smile, "Promise."

Slowly, she reaches for your hand as you reach for hers and grasp them, intertwining both of your fingers.

"Comfy?" you jokingly ask.

"S-Shut up and walk."

You chuckle a bit and move forward. As you two once again walk the path, the fog slowly began to dissipate until there was nothing left but you and Sunset.

"It worked..." she said, breathlessly, then snatched you up in a hug, "It worked!"

"What, you didn't doubt me, did you?" you slyly asked.

Sunset looked like she was caught like a deer in headlights, "W-Well...I, uh—"

You couldn't hold it in anymore and laugh out loud, "I was just joking, Sunny!" you say after you calm down.

"'Sunny'?"

"You don't mind a nickname, do you?"

"...No. I love it." she smiles, which makes you do the same.

"Alright, now that we've had our laughs, let's move on, shall we?"

"Let's."

You two continued on the now clear path, following a light glowing ahead. You make it to the light and see another fork in the road, but this time it's four paths; the one on the closest right is lit up with purple crystals, the cavern on the far right is covered in yellow crystals, the path on the far left is alit with blue crystals, and the one on the closest left is dark as dark can be.

Where will you go?

[FAR LEFT] [CLOSE LEFT] [CLOSE RIGHT] [FAR RIGHT]

>>far right

You chose the path furthest to the right and Sunset followed. The crystals seem to get brighter as you press forward. Soon, you come across a girl with big, poofy orange hair, yellow skin, rose colored eyes, wearing a dark purple headband with spikes sticking out of the top, a dress and jacket combo consisting of two shades of purple, and purple boots with dark purple straps around them a yellow gem on each of them.

"Who are you two!?" she asks demandingly, "How did you get here!?"

You calm yourself and answer her, "In order, this is Sunset She-demon, I can't remember who I am, and I somehow fell in this place through a hole in the ground."

"Okay..." she looked unsure, then appeared as if she realized something, "W-Wait! How'd you get past the guards!?"

"Guards? What guards?" you ask.

She looked shocked, "There's...no guards? None whatsoever?"

"I...guess?"

She suddenly stands up, "...Then the only thing standing in my way is you two."

[FIGHT!] [RUN!] [DO NOTHING!] [SPARE] [FLIRT]

>>spare

Sunset readies herself for a fight, but you hold your arm out in front of her.

"We're not going to fight you." you say.

"What?" the two ladies said simultaneously.

"We're trying to find the way out, and if you want, you can come with us."

The girl seems surprised at first, but recollects herself and glares at you, "How do I know that this isn't some sort of trick?"

You bring your arm inward and put a hand to your chest, "I promise. A person is only as good as their word."

She continues to glare at you, then shifts her gaze to Sunset, "It's true. He told me the same thing when he freed me."

She goes back to trying to pierce you with her glare. After a long time, she drops her guard and sighs, "Alright...but if this really is a trick, you'll pay."

You nod in acknowledgement.

"I'm Adagio, by the way, Adagio Dazzle."

[NEW PARTY MEMBER: ADAGIO DAZZLE]

The three of you left the cave and went into the one with purple crystals and found another girl; she had light purple skin, dark purple hair with aquamarine streaks done up in pigtails, purple eyes, wearing a black dress with a green skirt, green and white striped fingerless gloves, pink and white striped tights, and dark purple sandals marked with a star and music note on each one.

"Aria Blaze, get up. We're leaving." Adagio ordered.

After retrieving the girl named Aria Blaze, Adagio explained the situation to her as you all entered the other cave, getting another girl; she had light blue skin, aqua hair with dark blue streaks done up in a ponytail, rose colored eyes, wearing a pink and purple striped shirt with the shoulder straps slipped down her arms, a short, decorative tie attached to her choker, fingerless dark purple gloves, a dark purple skirt with a heart and a jagged musical note marked on the side, pink boots with purple soles, light blue straps, and purple flaps on the top.

"W-What's going on?!" she stammered cowardly.

"Shut it, Sonata," Aria spoke, "long story short, we're getting out of here, and these guys," she pointed at you and Sunset, "are helping us."

"But why?"

"Because everyone deserves a second chance." you say with complete and utter honesty.

At your words, Sonata genuinely smiles.

[NEW PARTY MEMBER: ARIA BLAZE]

[NEW PARTY MEMBER: SONATA DUSK]

As you all began to leave and enter the last cavern, you secretly pull out your "OPTIONS" screen and press SAVE.

[GAME SAVED]

"What was that?" Adagio said.

"What was what?" you feign ignorance.

"You did something just now."

You pull her close and whisper, "Look, I can't really explain it right now, but I will at some point, okay?"

She looks skeptical, but accepts your reasoning, "...Alright then. You promise you'll tell me later?"

"Adagio, I promise I'll tell EVERYONE later, they deserve to know, too, but not now."

She nods and the two of you catch up to the others, who have gotten ahead of you as you chatted with Adagio.

Author's Note:

[LAUGHTER]
[KINDNESS]
[HONESTY]

Comments ( 3 )

OOOoooo...interesting. :duck:

I'm definitely referencing this somewhere. Do you have any image for what the protagonist of this one looks like?

8083578 Not really, but I can think of something

Login or register to comment