• Published 11th Feb 2016
  • 1,191 Views, 4 Comments

Rainbow Colored Marbles - Hopeful_Ink_Hoof



Pinkie's sisters are in town, and somehow Rainbow Dash is set up on a date with Marble Pie

  • ...
3
 4
 1,191

An Amazing Sight

After a delicious dinner -- and maybe Rainbow Dash overdoing it just a little with the eclairs -- the two of them then went to watch the play. The Equestrian Traveling Performers were putting on Hinny of The Hills at the open air theater in the park.

It was a good night for it too. The sky was clear and stars bright. The moon was not completely full, but the crescent of it did shine brightly. The night was still and calm, no breeze to make it more difficult to hear the performers speaking. There was a slight chill to the air. Not enough to bother most ponies, but enough that it gave an excuse to cuddle close for those who wanted to.

During the play, Marble Pie actually considered it. As she sat there on the blanket (which for some reason had been waiting for them, with a card that had "reserved for" followed by their cutie marks on it) beside Rainbow Dash, Marble found herself wondering what it would be like. Just a little shifting, and she could press up against the other mare's side. Maybe Rainbow would even lift the wing up and wrap it around Marble, pulling her closer. Pressed into that firm, warm side, feathers and fur encasing her... it all sounded so nice.

Unfortunately, Marble could never work up the courage to actually go through with it. She looked at the spot from time to time, and had even managed to start to move toward it. But her nerve always gave out before she actually got close. In the end, Marble would just move back to where she had been, watching the play and feeling embarrassed that she could not actually cuddle up to the other mare.

The behavior did not go entirely unnoticed. Rainbow Dash caught glimpses of Marble Pie, shifting back and forth as well as looking away from her. Was there something bothering Marble? Maybe Rainbow could do something to help her relax? Like wrap her wing around her. Pull her a little closer. Maybe a couple kisses along the neck... or a nip of the ear...

With a shake of her head, Rainbow Dash returned her attention back to the play. She liked Hinny of the Hills. It may not have been as good as the one they saw in Manehattan, but it was still pretty good. Besides, she should not be thinking of doing something like that to Marble Pie. Marble was a shy pony. True, she had come out of her shell some tonight, but moving too fast would scare her off. Rainbow Dash would just have to keep herself a little distracted so she would go slower, to let Marble get more comfortable with her.

At least she got to enjoy a play the she liked. Especially when one of her favorite songs began to play.

Marble could not help but snicker to herself when she saw Rainbow Dash mouthing along.

When the play had come to an end, both of them had enjoyed it very much. Rainbow Dash had to resist the urge to clap too loudly and whistle, while Marble Pie gave a soft, barely audible clap with her own hooves. Several of the ponies had done similar, while others were already getting up to leave.

Getting up, Rainbow Dash stretched out, spreading her wings and giving them a flap.

"Did you enjoy the show?"

"Mmhmm," Marble replied, giving a nod.

Rainbow moved to stand in front of Marble, and held out a hoof.

"Ready to go?"

Marble looked at the hoof for a moment, before reaching out and taking it. It pretty much felt like a normal hoof. Not any different from her own, or her sisters', or anypony's really. It was not colder, or smoother. It was just a plain, ordinary, regular pony hoof.

Yet Marble felt a thrill as she touched it, letting Rainbow Dash help her up.

It's now or never, Marble thought.

"Rainbow. There... there's something... I... Something I want to ask you?"

"What is it?" Rainbow asked, moving to look Marble in the eye.

Marble looked at Rainbow Dash, then looked away. Closing her eyes, she took a deep breath and blurted out, "IwantyoutodoaSonicRainboomforme."

There. She said it.

"What?" Rainbow said. "I didn't quite catch that."

Marble had been worried that might happen. At least she had said it. That would make it a little easier to say again.

"I want you to do a Sonic Rainboom for me," she repeated. "From what Pinkie Pie told me, it was really beautiful, and it is something important to her. You should have seen how excited she was when she told me about how it turned out you made the one years ago that made her want to throw parties." Her ears dropped as she let out a sigh. "I didn't see that one. I've never seen one." She returned her attention to Rainbow, perking up again. "So, can you show it to me? Please?"

That... was not something that Rainbow Dash expected. Sure, she loved to show off and always hoped that somepony would ask her to do something that would let her. She just did not think that Marble Pie would ask for anything like that, not so soon, and definitely not a Sonic Rainboom.

How could she say no? Especially when it must have been hard to ask in the first place, and she was being looked at with those big purple eyes.

"Okay," Rainbow said with a nod. "But not here. Come on." She then turned away from Marble and started walking.

Excited at the prospect and curious, Marble Pie followed. As they left the park and made their way through town, she looked around. Although Pinkie had shown her around, she did not remember most of Ponyville. So she was able to recognize some of the buildings, but could not quite figure out where it was they were going. While she was tempted to ask, she also wanted to keep quiet. Not because she was worried about embarrassing herself (although that was a not so small part of it), but because it kind of made it like a surprise. And while she did not enjoy them as much as Pinkie Pie, Marble did like a surprise from time to time. Provided she knew one was coming, that is.

It was not long before they had actually left the edge of the town proper, leaving the buildings behind. The two of them made their way out to an open field, with no trees around.

"Here we are," Rainbow said as she motioned with a hoof. "This is the field where I do most of my practicing."

She then undid the belt of her dress, taking it off and setting it aside.

"Wh-what are you doing?" Marble asked, her face flushing as she looked away.

"Taking off the dress," Rainbow replied. "Clothes don't do well at rainboom speeds, and Rarity would kill me if I damaged this outfit."

Besides, Rainbow mentally added, I actually kind of like it. She continued to slip it off, folding it up and setting it aside, completely oblivious to Marble Pie's discomfort at Rainbow's sudden nudity.

That was when Marble realized her discomfort, and asked herself "why?" Why was Rainbow Dash undressing making her nervous? It was not a big deal. Ponies walk around without clothes all the time. Marble included. Normally, she only wore clothes for very special occasions, such as her first date or a formal event (which were rare things for her). So why did having Rainbow Dash take her clothes off right in front of her make her nervous?

And why did she also want to peak at the other mare like it was some sort of secret?

"That is soooo much better," Rainbow groaned out as she stretched, spreading her wings wide and giving them a flap. For some reason, she always felt like clothing was restrictive. Even when it allowed her free movement and kept her wings unhindered, it felt like it was limiting her mobility. She always felt the need to stretch once she was out of them, especially her wings.

Although that was not the only reason. Rainbow Dash was pretty much a professional athlete. She knew how important it was to stretch her muscles before exercising. Especially something strenuous like the Sonic Rainboom, and more so since she had not flown for hours while getting ready for -- and going on -- this date.

As Rainbow stretched, Marble managed to work up the courage to watch and get a good look at her. As Rainbow's body shifted and flexed, Marble was able to really take in how different it was from her own. It was all lean and smooth, and looked like it would be incredibly firm. The muscles tensed and shifted with ease, gliding beneath the fur covered skin. It made Marble want to reach out. To feel those muscles as they shift and flex. To--

"Ready?"

The question caused Marble to tense, a feeling of guilt washing over her like she had been caught doing something naughty. Once again her face burned as she shifted, not looking Rainbow Dash in the eye. She could not even get out her normal "mmhmm," only managing to nod in response.

"Then watch this, and be ready to be awestruck."

With that, Rainbow Dash took off and flew up into the air. a smile spread across her face as she flapped her wings, working her way higher and higher. Already she could feel the building energy, matching her growing excitement, and a small amount of nervousness. This time, she was able to push it down. To ignore it and focus on what she was doing as she continued her ascent.

From her spot on the ground, Marble Pie watched as Rainbow Dash took off, quickly disappearing. Her eyes were wide with excitement as she watched the bright rainbow colored contrail mark the other mare's path. It was amazing to see, and it was not even what she was waiting for. Eventually, it faded from sight, leaving Marble with nothing to do but watch and wait.

After climbing and climbing, Rainbow Dash reached what she thought was the ideal height for her to give a good show for Marble. Closing her eyes, she took a deep breath and slowly let it out, preparing herself. She then shot down, wings flapping as she picked up speed. Rainbow's ears pulled back close to her head as her body stretched out, working to become as aerodynamic as possible. Her eyes narrowed as the wind whipped past her, making them sting.

Already, she could feel the air resistance pressing against her forehooves. Muscles tensing and an excited smile spreading across her face, she continued to push herself forward.

The air around her became an explosion of light and sound.

Marble Pie continued to watch, her own excitement and anxiety building. Would it look like how Pinkie Pie described it? Would Rainbow Dash actually be able to do it? What -- if anything -- would Marble feel from it?

There was a massive boom as a ring of rainbow colored light appeared in the sky.

Marble's jaw dropped open as she stared, wide-eyed.

It's...so...beautiful!

Author's Note:

Don't worry, she does not end up doing anything like this:

And with that, the story ends. Happy Valentine's Day and Hearts and Hooves Day.

Comments ( 3 )

That ending felt a little... abrupt. Feels like the story has no closure, like it's missing something important.

A bit like how I felt watching The Last Witch Hunter in cinema. It was nice while it played, but by the end of it you couldn't help but think about all the things they could do with the story but decided not to, and the strong feeling of unfulfillment.

I agree. I liked the story as far as was written, but it didn't really end, it just... stopped. If it had a conclusion added on, it would be quite a good story, I feel.

Login or register to comment