• Published 7th Jan 2016
  • 12,687 Views, 2,329 Comments

Bad Dude And The Coalition Of United Terrible Evils - naturalbornderpy



Super villain Bad Dude attempts to create Equestria's first ever super villain group. But were villains ever truly meant to play nice with one another?

  • ...
42
 2,329
 12,687

The Colt Behind The Cape (Special Short)

The Doctor entered the last room on the left and shut the door behind him quietly. He took the only remaining seat in the room—the one across from the small grey colt with icy blue mane and tail. At the moment, the colt was safety fastened in a royal blue straightjacket. The colt’s only request was that it be royal blue and not the standard white.

“Good morning, Sweet Glaze,” the Doctor began, levitating a clipboard and quill in front of him using his aura. “Hope you slept well.”

It was obvious Sweet Glaze rarely slept… or even blinked for that matter. Currently, he had deep bags under his eyes and remained focused on one of the walls of his room. His usual sitting position, the Doctor had come to realize.

“Do you want to answer me, Sweet Glaze?” the Doctor asked. “I would like it if we could have a conversation this morning.”

Sweet Glaze continued to stare at the wall—a dreamy expression on his face.

The Doctor sighed. “Fine. Have it your way. Can I speak with Bad Dude, then?”

At once, Sweet Glaze turned to him. “Hello there! I’m Bad Dude! And I’m part of the Coalition of—”

The Doctor waved a hoof. “Yes, Bad Dude, I know. I know a lot about you, in fact. I only wish I could call you by your real name when we have these conversations of ours. You do remember your real name, don’t you?”

Sweet Glaze nodded. “Of course I do. I’m just not supposed to use it right now. I’m Bad Dude now! And I can’t let anyone know my secret identity!”

The Doctor raised a brow. “The secret identity that’s somehow guarded by only a blue cape and nothing more?”

“Exactly!” Sweet Glaze replied happily.

Using his horn, the Doctor made a few notes on his clipboard. “If you’d be so kind, Bad Dude, refresh my memory: what nefarious deeds have your group of super villains been up to lately?”

This question made Sweet Glaze so overjoyed he literally started wiggling in his seat. “We attacked the Crystal Empire together! And we even got a hostage out of it! Shining Armor! Now I’m going to take care of him and see if he wants to join our group. Why wouldn’t he? We have a yogurt machine! Or a changeling that makes us yogurt sometimes.”

The Doctor cleared his throat. “You’ve already made that joke, Bad Dude. But more importantly… you say you attacked the Crystal Empire and managed to take a hostage with you? And none of the Princesses or Elements of Harmony were able to stop you? Was any member of your team injured, perchance?”

Sweet Glaze shook his head. “Nope! We all made it back to our base just fine!”

“So once again, you and your team of villains get everything they want with little to no trouble from the forces fighting against you. Doesn’t that seem, I don’t know, a little impossible sounding?”

This made Sweet Glaze frown. “Why would you say that? It happened! I was there!”

Glumly, the Doctor shook his head. “But you weren’t there, Bad Dude. You haven’t left this very room in three months. The Crystal Empire is fine; Shining Armor is still safe and sound with his wife; Tirek is still well-guarded in Tartarus; King Sombra remains dead to this day; Queen Chrysalis has yet to show herself since the wedding attack; Discord is still a dick, yes, but not of the terrible variety you claim. Most importantly, though, is that you are not Bad Dude. You are Sweet Glaze—a very normal child with no ‘cute’ powers to speak of. Only one very, very vivid imagination.”

Sweet Glaze shook his head indignantly. “No! No, you’re wrong! Why… why my cute powers are so strong, I even took down Princess Celestia and Luna both! They were in the hospital because of me!”

“Again, Sweet Glaze,” the Doctor spoke softly, “you’re only masking the truth with what you’d like to see. Those Princesses that thought you were so adorable? They were only two of this hospital’s nurses who’d happened to remark on how cute they thought you were. Did you injure them with some untold powers? No. They just so happened to have taken long vacations right after meeting you. You didn’t leave them bedridden. You’ve actually never met with the Princesses.”

“You’re lying!” Sweet Glaze protested. “I’m changing Equestrian history! And my villain friends and I are gonna be such good rulers!”

The Doctor brought the tip of his quill up to his chin to think. “This is nothing more than a case of vast wish fulfillment. You had trouble making friends in a new school and thought that no one understood you. That’s when things changed for you: suddenly you became this character known as ‘Bad Dude’ and every one of your favorite villains wanted to be around you and take over the world together; suddenly that one bully in school becomes nice to you for no reason at all; suddenly you get that special birthday party you always wanted with all your schoolmates.”

The Doctor shut his eyes for a moment. “I think your ability to tell the difference between what’s real and what’s only fantasy happened right after the moment no one attended that birthday party of yours. Since then, you’d decided to smother your problems with imaginary tales and absurd fantastical situations. But it’s just not real, Sweet Glaze. None of it is. You’re not the only one hurting because of this. Your parents are, too. They want their sweet little boy back.”

The Doctor put a delicate hoof on Sweet Glaze’s shoulder. “You need to come back to reality, Sweet Glaze. Before it’s too late.”

Sweet Glaze took a long moment before answering. Eventually, his eyes left the Doctor and returned to the wall right in front of him. “But I’m Bad Dude now.”

***

Both of Sweet Glaze’s parents stood up from their seats when the Doctor entered the waiting room. He shook hooves with Donut Joe before anyone talked.

“So what’s happening with him?” Donut Joe asked. “Is he… is he starting to understand it’s only fantasy yet, Doc?”

The Doctor shook his head gravely. “I’m afraid not. He’s so deeply entwined with his own story that splitting them apart is still next to impossible. I’ll order for another round of electroshock therapy soon to see if that might help.”

“Doesn’t that seem a little excessive, Doctor?” Sweet Glaze’s mother questioned.

“Oh, yes. Yes, indeed,” the Doctor replied. “But unless you can think of a way to pierce into Sweet Glaze’s fantasy world and bring inside of it the knowledge that none of it’s real… well, we just don’t have that kind of technology in this hospital.”

“What does that mean, then?” Donut Joe said. “We’re left to sit on our hooves and wait?”

The Doctor nodded. “Sadly, yes. But what really gets me about the whole thing is the sheer absurdity of Sweet Glaze’s fantasy: the ability to always get his way; the random abuse of his cute powers depending on who he’s with; the ridiculous romantic relationship between Sombra and Chrysalis that he somehow put in motion; the odd shifts in tone between cute, silly, dark, and weird; the complete lack of noteworthy antagonists; his repeated inability to tell the difference between ‘there’ and ‘their’.”

Using his hoof, the Doctor rubbed at his temples. “I could go on, so I will: the random side characters that are introduced only to add nothing to the overall plot; the numerous unknown character motivations; that Discord wouldn’t feel worse for hurting Fluttershy again; those oddly sexual jokes that a child his age shouldn’t even understand; and when the heck is Luna gonna do something?”

Donut Joe loudly cleared his throat. “Could you not pick apart my poor son’s imaginary world, Doc? He’s a troubled child that needs our help right now.” Donut Joe’s eyes started watering. “I just want my son back, Doc. I want Sweet Glaze back. Not this character he’s become.”

“I share your pain, Mr. and Mrs. Joe,” the Doctor told them quietly. “I truly do. If it turns out there is no actual way of breaking Sweet Glaze out of his self-made world, then the best course of action would be to hurry this story of his along until he either can’t be this ‘Bad Dude’ persona anymore or simply doesn’t want to be ‘Bad Dude’ anymore.”

“And what if our son never finishes this story of his?” Donut Joe asked with bated breath.

The Doctor glanced at the floor somberly. “Then the best part of it would’ve remained that story about Tic, Tac, and Toe stealing those donuts.”

Author's Note:

In case it isn't obvious enough: April Fools! :pinkiecrazy:

Realized it was April Fools in a couple days and thought about writing this. So I did. And should I die before finishing this story, then consider this the real ending. :trollestia:

Still better than the ending of "Secret Window", right?