• Published 7th Jan 2016
  • 12,668 Views, 2,329 Comments

Bad Dude And The Coalition Of United Terrible Evils - naturalbornderpy



Super villain Bad Dude attempts to create Equestria's first ever super villain group. But were villains ever truly meant to play nice with one another?

  • ...
42
 2,329
 12,668

Date Night/Sad Sight/Bad Fright

King Sombra delicately removed the blindfold covering Queen Chrysalis’ eyes, taking a step away from her with a sly grin on his face.

“Well?” he asked her richly. “What do you think?”

Chrysalis quickly eyed up the surrounding area. All she could see around them were dozens of meters of nothing but broken shards of crystal and small hills of ash. “It sure is… open, I guess. You need to remember, I’m not as big of a rock fan as you are.”

Rolling his eyes, Sombra went to her and roughly whirled her around. He grinned. “There. Much better. Now what do you think?”

From the sight, Chrysalis gasped and brought a hoof to her mouth. “Oh. That’s better. You did all this? When? It’s glorious, Sombra.”

Sombra chuckled deeply and escorted Chrysalis up the main road of what remained of the Crystal Empire. Already a large portion of the damaged streets had been repaired and smoothed out, giving it a glossy shine; tall crystal lampposts stood on both ends of the street, emitting a warm glow with the aid of dripping candles; near the end of the street stood a half-dozen crystal buildings—most of them around one story tall.

Sombra spoke as they strolled, “I’ve been coming here at night and working on the place. Since I’ve always had a gift at creating large amounts of crystal with my magic, I thought what better way to spend my nights than by recreating the Empire exactly as I see fit. Like what you see so far, my sweet?”

Chrysalis smiled thinly. “It’s very nice—for a start, I mean.” She motioned towards one of the crystal buildings. “What would that one be for?”

“The mane salon,” Sombra replied dryly. “My mane’s been in need of repair ever since coming back to life. Whatever shampoo Discord has lying around the fortress always leaves my hair so dry and split. I may surround myself with dirty slaves all day, but that doesn’t mean I don’t want to look my best while ruling them. A King has to look his part, you know.”

Chrysalis cocked a brow. “And a Queen?”

Sombra ran a hoof around her neck. “You know I always think you look beautiful.”

“So no trip to the mane salon for me, then?”

Sombra chuckled at that. “I wouldn’t go that far. Everyone could use a day at the salon once in a while. But we’re getting off track. Let me show you something else.”

The pair came to a stop at the end of the repaired street and looked up at where the Empire tower stood. New batches of glittering crystal had been wrapped around the worst parts damaged during the battle; the most evident change being the jutting spiral staircase that wound around the entire thing. Needless to say, it looked like a lot of stairs.

Chrysalis pursed her lips. “Let me guess. What you want to show me is right up those stairs, isn’t it?”

Sombra nodded happily. “I promise you’ll like what you see.”

With a sigh, Chrysalis muttered, “I always knew this relationship would include sacrifices.”

“Sacrifices? Is that what you said?” Sombra questioned. “And here I thought I was the only villain left in all of Equestria that still did those anymore. It was hilarious when I used to sacrifice my slaves to the God of Soggy Oatmeal. They’d all be like, ‘That’s not even a real god!’ and I’d loudly reply, ‘Tell that to the rest of the Breakfast Gods!’”

Then Sombra laughed until his eyes started to water.

Chrysalis gave him a solid kick to the shin. “Don’t even think about sacrificing any of my children, Sombra.”

That blunt kick seemed to sober him up some. “Wouldn’t dream of it. Now to the stairs!”

***

Six hundred and ninety-one crystal steps later, Sombra and Chrysalis stood at the top of the Crystal Tower, inside a wide room with a completely open wall. Embedded into the floor were two large and imposing thrones made completely out of sparkling crystal—the backs of each throne created out of dozens of sharp crystal swords angled towards the ceiling.

Sombra guided Chrysalis to the throne on the left and she took a seat, leaning against the backrest while crossing one back leg over the other. She took in the view below her—miles and miles of nothing but rubble, ash, and snow.

“It might not look like much now…” Sombra began, settling his rump onto the crystal throne next to hers.

“But it could be,” Chrysalis finished for him. “An entire Empire. Just for us.”

“And the children, too,” Sombra added gingerly. “Bad Dude… and your children, of course: Gary… uh… and Tim, I guess. There was a Tim, right?”

Chrysalis chuckled. “My children don’t have names, Sombra. But a place this size would be wonderful for them—when it is whole and complete again.” She turned to him. “And if the Elements of Harmony happen by here again? Or one of the Princesses?”

Sombra waved a hoof. “No matter. When I start to really make this place our own, I’ll set up security measures that should keep them out most easily. Maybe I’ll shake a bit of aluminum foil in the air to keep them distracted for a bit.”

The two of them began to laugh at that. Perhaps a bit more than was necessary.

Out of the corner of Chrysalis’ sight, she could see Sombra fidgeting uneasily on his throne. She asked him openly, “Is this all you wanted to show me tonight, Sombra?”

Sombra ran a hurried hoof through his mane. “Well, now that you mention it.” That was when he left his throne and came to stand in front of hers. Before either of them could say a word, Sombra lowered himself onto one knee and retrieved a small red box from a compartment inside his armor. He held the small box out to her. “I know it may seem premature…”

Instantly, Chrysalis’ cheeks burned red. “Oh my…”

Using a hoof, Sombra popped open the box. Inside was a thin strip of paper.

Chrysalis furrowed her brows and pulled the paper out with her horn. On the small bit of parchment was written: “WILL YOU TAKE OVER ALL OF EQUESTRIA WITH ME?”

Chrysalis’ face flushed even worse than before and she gave a single nod as answer. Sombra didn’t waste anymore time and lunged forward to plant a kiss on her lips, shoving her forcefully back into her throne. Clearly, Chrysalis wasn’t having any of that, so she pushed herself into Sombra until they both collapsed on top of each other on the cold crystal floor.

History had proven that relationships between villains had always been tricky. Both parties always ended up wanting to be the dominant one in the relationship.

When they were done, Chrysalis asked him breathlessly, “You didn’t happen to finish the bedroom in this place, did you?”

Sombra shook his head. “Afraid not. But I can have us back in the fortress in less than a minute.”

Chrysalis nodded. It would have to do.

***

Back inside the C.U.T.E. fortress, Bad Dude entered his secret closet entrance and hung up his sparkly cape with a sigh. It had been a long day and more than anything he just wanted to get back home and hang around in his room alone for a bit. He had a lot to think about and a whole lot more to ponder over—like if what Apple Bloom had told him during their chase had actually been true.

Had something happened in the Crystal Empire that he wasn’t made aware of? Would his group really have done something like that without him knowing? He only hoped Apple Bloom had just been blowing thing out of proportion. Bad Dude had never wanted to see anyone hurt. He only wanted to rule over them all one day so they could all be friends together. Or something along those lines.

Being a super villain was becoming a lot more complicated than Bad Dude first thought it would be.

Ekk!” someone screamed inside his room.

Bad Dude jumped on the spot and slammed the closet door behind him. On his bed and currently pressed up against his bedroom wall was a filly around the same age as him. She had a light grey coat and an arctic blue mane and tail—all glimmering with small specks of silver.

There was a Crystal Empire filly in his room.

Before either of them could say anything, Donut Joe opened the door to the room and stuck his head inside. “Glass Slipper? Are you okay? I heard you—” Then he caught sight of Bad Dude by the closet. “Sweet Glaze? When did you get home? I thought you were out playing? I didn’t even see you come in.”

Glass Slipper pointed a tiny hoof at Bad Dude. “He came right out of the closet!”

Donut Joe raised a brow. “Really, Sweet Glaze? Glass Slipper’s been up here for more than an hour and you’ve spent all that time in the closet? I always told you it was perfectly fine to come out of the closet whenever you were ready to.”

Bad Dude could feel hints of sweat on his mane already. “I was just… playing in there! That’s all. I was playing space pony: where a pony gets lost in space and has to radio to Major Tom to come and rescue them. It’s nice and dark in there… and… uh…”

Thankfully, Donut Joe let it slide for the moment. “Regardless, Sweet Glaze, this is Glass Slipper and her and her family will be staying with us for a while. Or at least until they’ve made some more homes for Crystal Empire residents. Her folks will be staying in our guestroom, so that means that Glass Slipper here will be staying in your room.” He fixed Bad Dude a hard stare. “So play nice and show Glass Slipper a good time. She’ll also be going to school with you down in Ponyville, so make sure you warn her about Frank and Not Frank before he teleports you both. I guess that’s it. Dinner’s in twenty.”

With that said, Donut Joe left them be and shut the door behind him. All at once, the room became much quieter than it was a second ago. As Bad Dude awkwardly traced his hoof on the carpet, Glass Slipper averted her gaze and busied herself by playing with a lock of her twinkling mane.

“So…” Bad Dude started uneasily, “you’re from the Crystal Empire? Must be neat there. Not that I’ve ever been there before… or bought a snow globe from there or anything… or led a battalion of battle ships there before…”

Bad Dude had to bite his tongue to stop himself from going on. His mind was in such disarray, he could hardly concentrate on what he was saying anymore.

“I really liked the Crystal Empire,” Glass Slipper told him earnestly. “All my friends were there and so was my school. And my house, too. And all my toys. Sombra bit the head off my Spike the Brave doll when he was there.”

Suddenly, Bad Dude couldn’t look in her direction. “You could have some of my toys if you wanted.”

Glass Slipper shook her head. “That’s all right. My parents said we’d get new stuff once we settle down somewhere. All I know is that the first thing I want is a new Princess Cadence doll. She protected the Crystal Empire until the bitter end and because of that I think she’s the very best Princess of them all.”

Although Bad Dude disagreed quite heavily about her best Princess choice, he wasn’t about to prove the filly horrifically wrong at the moment. By that point in time, a small lump had already formed directly in Bad Dude’s throat.

He swallowed dryly. “So, what happened there exactly… in the Empire, I mean?”

Glass Slipper’s eyes widened. “You don’t know?”

Bad Dude shook his head.

Shoving herself off of his bed, Glass Slipper came to sit on the carpet in the middle of the room. “Bad Dude and his group of terrible jerks came to the Empire and destroyed it all! They destroyed everything! They said if they couldn’t have it, then nobody could.”

Bad Dude felt that hard lump in his throat drop down to his stomach. “They did?”

Glass Slipper nodded. “Uh-huh. And that’s why all the Crystal Empire ponies are all over the place now. The only good news is that I think one of my friends from school is living in Ponyville now, so there’s a pretty big chance we might still be going to school together. That would be nice, I guess.” She paused, lifting a bit of mane from her eyes. “Are you crying? Why are crying?”

Sniffling, Bad Dude had to turn away from her. “I’m not crying. I’m just leaking a bit. I have this condition—a rare one where my head collects too much water sometimes. It’ll… it’ll pass. Just give me a sec.”

Using a hoof, Glass Slipper lightly patted his shoulder. “Hey, it’s okay to cry, Sweet Glaze. That just means you care about something a whole lot. I know I’ve cried a lot since I left home.”

Bad Dude hurriedly wiped at his wet cheeks. “I could always help you pay for a new home. I have twelve bits that I’ve been saving in my pony bank. You could have them, if you wanted them.”

Again, Glass Slipper shook her head, surprising him with a smile. “It’s not all that bad, Sweet Glaze. I’m just happy my parents still love me and that all my friends are all right. Sometimes you gotta look on the bright side of things when things seem really bad.”

“What if…” Bad Dude started stubbornly. “What if I rebuilt the Crystal Empire somehow? Would that make things better?”

Glass Slipper giggled at that. “If you could do that, then that would be great! But I don’t think twelve bits alone would cover it. You know how many lemonade stands we had there?”

“Thirteen bits?” Bad Dude tried.

That got Glass Slipper laughing again. That made Bad Dude smile in return—that tight ball in his stomach loosening by the tiniest of degrees.

When Glass Slipper was done laughing, she asked him, “You want to keep playing space pony? I could be Major Tom or your co-space pony or something.”

“Oh! That would be—” Bad Dude began, before he realized something important. Not only was his cape still on the hanger inside of his closet, but that very closet was his sole entrance to C.U.T.E.’s own base of operations. Bad Dude had to think quickly about what to say next. “Actually, I’m kinda sick of space pony right now. Plus, my closet’s also where I stick all my used gum when I’m done with it, so I wouldn’t go in there anyways.”

Glass Slipper wrinkled her nose at him. “That’s really gross, Sweet Glaze.”

Bad Dude hung his head. “I know, but most colts are gross like that. Didn’t you know? You want to play something else? I have lots of comic books and action figures and board games we could play with.”

Knocking a hoof against her chin, Glass Slipper thought for a moment. “Let’s play with some of your action figures, then. Which ones do you have?”

“Just wait and see!” Proudly, Bad Dude got to his hooves and marched to the toy chest against his bed. Propping the lid up, he unloaded over a dozen dolls onto the carpet. “I’ve got King Sombra and Queen Chrysalis and a few of those blind bag changeling drones they sell near the checkout line and I even have a variant version of Nightmare Moon that has different color armor than most figures and—”

Glass Slipper’s complete silence made Bad Dude turn. He found her with her hooves crossed over her chest, staring at his King Sombra doll on the floor. Bad Dude’s own idiocy hit him like a fastball to the head.

“I’m sorry!” Anxiously, Bad Dude grabbed all the villain dolls off of the carpet and threw them back into his toy chest. “I didn’t mean to make you feel bad, Glass Slipper. I… uh… I think I might have some Princess toys around here somewhere.”

Glass Slipper shut her eyes and sighed. “That’s okay, Sweet Glaze. Do you have a Princess Cadence doll, perchance?”

Bad Dude got busy looking for one.

***

“I must say this tea is most excellent, Celestia,” said the Cadence doll held tight in Glass Slipper’s hooves. “You must give me the recipe sometime—as well as whatever you put in these delicious scones of yours.”

Bad Dude held onto his Celestia doll on the table with both hooves, tilting it to one side as if pretending it was pouring tea. “My servants make my scones,” he replied in a high-falsetto. “They work twelve hours a day with no breaks to make me all my scones. And my tea’s basically hot water and tea bags. I don’t even make my own tea. My servant Teabag does that for me.”

Glass Slipper gently nudged Bad Dude with a hoof. “You need to play along, Sweet Glaze. Stay in character! Princess Celestia would never say something like that.”

“It’s hard,” Bad Dude moaned. “I’m not used to playing house. Everything’s so boring here. All they’re doing is drinking tea and talking about their day. When is something interesting going to happen?”

Frowning, Glass Slipper lifted her chin a bit. “This is called slice-of-life, Sweet Glaze. Not everything needs to be all dark and serious, you know.”

“But it should be…” Bad Dude muttered more to himself.

“Oh, look!” Glass Slipper continued on happily as her Princess Cadence doll. “Prince Shining Armor returns! I sure hope he’s brought us that extra bowl of sugar we’ve been looking for! Otherwise this quiet tea party of ours might end in complete disaster!”

Bad Dude let go of his Celestia doll to grab hold of the Shining Armor doll next to him. Using a fake galloping motion, he ran the doll along the edges of his desk before propelling it towards the miniature table at the center of their imaginary scene. He made sure Shining Armor ran directly into their fake table, toppling it and everything on top of it to the desk.

In a panic, the Shining doll exclaimed, “I come baring terrible news, Princesses! There is a giant monster right outside our gates! We need to—”

Glass Slipper gave Bad Dude another playful shove. “Have you brought our extra sugar, my Prince?”

Bad Dude made his Shining figure do a double take on Cadence. “Did you not hear me, Cadence? There’re monsters right—”

Another playful shove.

“I mean… your tea’s been poisoned! It must’ve been that nefarious—”

Another playful shove.

“I mean… there’s a small grease fire in the kitchens?”

Another playful shove.

Bad Dude sighed. “I think I feel a bad cold coming on?”

Glass Slipper shook her head.

“A nasty zit?”

Another head shake.

“The tea’s gone cold?”

With a dainty smile, Glass Slipper angled her Cadence doll towards Shining. “What terrible news, my love! Let us go prepare another pot right this instant! To the kitchens!”

The Shining doll didn’t budge from its spot. “But what of the grease fire?”

In response, the Cadence doll rose half a foot into the air and proclaimed in a loud, booming voice, “I took care of it already, Shining! So all that is left is peaceful tea and scones!

Bad Dude angled his Shining doll away from her. “Whatever you say, dear…”

Glass Slipper finally broke character and laughed. She turned to Bad Dude, “He probably would say that, wouldn’t he?”

Bad Dude shrugged. “Can’t say. Never met the pony before.”

Without warning, Glass Slipper wrapped Bad Dude up in a hug and set her head on his shoulder. She whispered into his ear, “Thanks for playing with me today, Sweet Glaze. It might not seem like much, but just doing something normal for a change is really nice—even if you do kinda suck at anything slice-of-life related.”

Awkwardly, Bad Dude patted her head in return. “Hey, it’s no problem. I promise while you’re here, we’ll have lots of fun. You’ll see!”

“That sounds nice.”

A moment later, Donut Joe yelled for both of them to come downstairs for dinner. Bad Dude let Glass Slipper go ahead of him while he packed up all his toys. It also gave him a small moment to think clearly again.

If he couldn’t fix the entire Empire on his own right this second, then the least he could do was try and make Glass Slipper’s time with him as best as he could. He’d also need to have a rather strong word with his team sometime soon.

***

Lord Tirek ascended the stairs to Sombra’s quarters with a bowl of dry cereal in hand. The milk in the downstairs kitchen had gone bad and was now demanding bits in exchange for fresh milk. Tirek only hoped Sombra might’ve known where extra milk was around this odd place.

He stopped outside the set of double doors and gave them a firm knock.

No answer.

Just as Tirek was about to walk away, did he hear a soft voice speak.

“…don’t keep your Princess waiting…”

Tirek gasped. He’d recognized that voice. Now the question became whether he found someone else to tell this about or deal with the matter himself. After a moment’s delay, he pushed into the room with his bowl of dry cereal still in hand.

On Sombra’s lush bedspread was a prone Princess Cadence, her mane and tail spread out across the sheets. She was facing away from Tirek—towards the room’s large walk-in closet.

“Your Princess is in dire need of some tough love tonight, my Prince,” Cadence cooed. “I only hope you are up for the challenge.”

“I rise to all challenges!” Sombra declared, as he raced into the room wearing all of Shining Armor’s battle gear that they’d stripped of him only days ago. “They don’t call me…”

Sombra’s words quickly dried as he caught sight of Tirek in the room. Soon Cadence caught sight of Tirek too, causing her to revert back into Chrysalis again.

Tirek coughed into his fist. “Upon reflection, you two are absolutely perfect for each other—in that you’re both completely insane. Now if you’ll excuse me, I’m about to say something I never thought I would utter in my entire life:

“I wonder what Discord’s up to tonight.”

Author's Note:

The character Glass Slipper actually exists on the show and was eventually named by the internet. I guess. :applejackconfused:

:fluttercry: Aw. Bad Dude made her homeless. What a dick.