• Published 30th Apr 2016
  • 1,967 Views, 9 Comments

The Wunderbolts: A Story of Three Blue Ponies - Little-Miss-Minty



After enduring a day of picture-taking with her friends, Rainbow Dash gets a fantastic idea and wants Photo Finish to take some pictures of the Wonderbolts.

  • ...
2
 9
 1,967

Soaring with Soarin'

"All right Dash," Spitfire said, elbowing the blue mare. "Are you ready to perform this trick?"

They had just finished practicing, and were about to put on their second trick for the photo shoot. "I know it's hard, but it'll be worthwhile, I can tell you that," Soarin' said. He then winked at the end of his sentence with a smile.

"I'm ready as I'll ever be!" Rainbow Dash smiled confidently, puffing out her chest a little.

"Then let's go!" Said Soarin', excitedly.

Spitfire flew to the middle of the stadium and yelled, "Wonderbolts, we're ready when you are!" Very quickly, each of the Wonderbolts flew down to meet Spitfire in the center. "Photo Finish, are you ready to take your pictures?" Spitfire asked, loudly.

Twilight and Photo Finish nodded at each other, then back are Spitfire. "We're ready!" Twilight shouted.

"Okay Wonderbolts, you know how this goes. We're performing the Cartwheel-Corkscrew Twist, as you know, also. I expect everypony to play their part, and do the trick to the best of their ability. Understand?"

The Wonderbolts and Rainbow Dash nodded once, saying "We understand."

"Everypony ready?" Spitfire asked. She looked around at everypony's nodding heads, then counted down. "Three... two... one... GO!"

The Wonderbolts and Rainbow were off, flying in all directions. First, Blaze corkscrewed up into the clouds while Fleetfoot and Misty Fly flew left, Soarin' and Surprise flew right, and Rainbow Dash and Spitfire corkscrewed forwards. Spitfire and Rainbow then peeled off from the center doing cartwheels, and Soarin' and Misty Fly took their place, corkscrewing forwards. Blaze was now floating downwards, doing loop-the-loops over and over again. Spitfire and Rainbow took Soarin' and Misty Fly's places, respectively; Spitfire was now flying right and Rainbow Dash, left. Soon, Soarin' and Misty Fly started cartwheeling sideways, and Surprise and Fleetfoot took their places. Rainbow Dash and Soarin', and Spitfire and Misty Fly were now flying together. Soon, Blaze landed on a cloud with a soft thump, and Rainbow Dash, Soarin', Spitfire, Misty Fly, Fleetfoot, and Surprise quickly turned back to the center and started to corkscrew back. Each of them got to their place, making a zig-zagged line, and with one accord thumped down on the cloud.

Photo Finish snapped one last picture before standing back and looking back and forth at her two assistants, who were clapping with their hooves. Twilight was also clapping, the loudest and most enthusiastic out of all of them; soon, however, she got up and started to walk towards them.

"That was amazing, everypony!" Twilight said, nodding at each of the Wonderbolts.

"Why thank you, Princess," Spitfire said, smiling at Twilight. She then looked back at Photo Finish and her two assistants. "Hey Photo Finish, how much more time do we have?"

Photo Finish walked towards Spitfire in her bouncy, flamboyant way. "About fifteen minutes. I, Photo Finish, am afraid that I do have quite the busy schedule."

"Oh... okay," Spitfire said. She then began to stroke her chin, mumbling, "15 minutes...What trick... what trick?"

The Wonderbolts had now crowded together in a small clump, and a deep grumble of a throat being cleared was heard.

"Yes?" Spitfire asked, snapping her attention to the group.

Soarin' stepped out shakily. "Spitfire, if you don't mind me asking, do you think Rainbow Dash and I could perform this last one?"

Rainbow Dash looked at him, confused. She didn't know any trick!

"You... and Rainbow Dash... hmmm..." Spitfire looked over at Rainbow Dash, who quickly composed her confused face, then back at Soarin'. "Sure, why not. Soarin', this time is your's. Use it well."

Twilight Sparkle smiled wide, clapping once. "Great!"

"Oh, wunderbar! Okay, tell me when to start taking photos, and I will." Photo Finish trotted back to her camera.

"Okay, Wonderbolts! I guess we have a bit of a show, this afternoon. Feel free to take a seat!" Spitfire said to the Wonderbolts, and they all flew their separate ways around the stadium. Spitfire then turned to the two blue pegasi still standing there. "Soarin', Rainbow Dash, it's your time to shine. Don't mess up." She then flew off to stand behind Photo Finish and Twilight.

Rainbow Dash turned to Soarin'. "So... what are we doing, exactly? I don't know many Wonderbolts tricks or formations."

"Don't worry, just follow my lead, alright? It'll be a I-do-this, then you-do-that sort of thing. It'll be cool," Soarin' nudged Rainbow Dash with his elbow.

"Ooookay..." Rainbow Dash nodded slowly a few times. "Ready when you are, I guess."

"Great!" Soarin' then shouted to Photo Finish, "We're ready for pictures!"

Photo Finish set up her camera and her assistants and Twilight nodded together when Photo Finish was ready.

"Three... two... one!" Soarin' was off, zooming straight up. Rainbow Dash followed behind, a few feet behind Soarin'. Suddenly, he changed his direction, now zigzagging up and down, left. Once again, Rainbow followed. Soarin' then did a loop-the-loop and started flying right. Rainbow flew in the same pattern. After flying a bit to the right, Soarin' once again loop-the-looped, then flew to the middle of the stadium. He started to corkscrew upwards, and Rainbow Dash was right behind. Suddenly, Soarin' stopped mid-air. Almost crashing into him, Rainbow Dash stopped short.

"Now," said Soarin', "Photo Finish, make sure to catch this... grand finale!"

Soarin' nodded at Rainbow Dash, and she nodded back. Instead of zooming off in a different direction, doing cartwheels in the clouds, or speeding off another way leaving a streak of blues, Soarin' leaned in closer to Rainbow Dash.

As if a lightning bolt shocked her with sudden realization, Rainbow Dash blushed crimson. The two blue pegasi angled their heads slightly and closed the gap.

Rainbow Dash was ecstatic. Her heart was pumping a million times an hour, and there were butterflies in her stomach. She was kissing a Wonderbolt, one of the most amazing ponies in the entirety of Equestria! And it wasn't just not just any Wonderbolt, she was kissing the one she had a crush on.

Maybe this crush was actually more than "just a little crush."

The best part was that Soarin' liked Rainbow Dash back! This entire thing was awesome.

As the two continued to kiss, Photo Finish stepped away from her camera. "Well, vat was unexpected," was all she managed to say.

"Yes, I guess so. But just a little bit," Twilight said. "Rainbow Dash has always had a little crush on Soarin'; this day was bound to happen soon."

"And this day has been rather... wunderbar," Photo Finish said, smiling. Smiling was not something Photo Finish did very often, and when she did, it was always a very genuine smile.

"Yes. It's been a wunderbar day, indeed." Twilight nodded. She sighed as she looked back up at Rainbow and Soarin'.

Meanwhile, in the stands of the stadium, the rest of the Wonderbolts were giggling like fillies. Except for Spitfire, that is.

"Wonderbolts, this isn't very professional, and you all know it," Spitfire snapped at Fleetfoot, Surprise, Misty Fly, and Blaze. Instantly, the four pegasus mares stopped giggling and sat up in their seats. "But you know..." Spitfire said to herself, "They'd make a pretty good couple."

After a long while, Soarin' and Rainbow Dash separated and flew down dreamily to a cloud. Like a flash of lightning, Spitfire zoomed over to the couple.

"Soarin'! Do you know how unprofessional that was?" Spitfire barked in the pegasus stallion's face.

Suddenly, Soarin' lost the dreamy look in his eyes and blushed. "Yes, I know. I'm sorry ma'am."

"Don't worry about it, okay? Just make sure there's no more lovey-dovey stuff when you're in uniform, alright?" Spitfire smiled, then turned and whispered to Rainbow Dash. "I've heard he's a pretty good kisser, eh?"

Rainbow Dash was surprised at first, but then blushed a little and laughed. "Yeah, I guess you'd say so."

Spitfire nodded and flew over to Photo Finish.

"Nice show, Spitfire," Twilight said, smiling.

"Thanks, Twilight," Spitfire said with a nod.

"I, Photo Finish, was quite impressed, too," the earth pony nodded to her assistants and they started to pack away her camera. "We managed to get a vot of great photos."

Twilight then said, "She'll put together a portfolio of them all, and then..."

"You'll shine across Equestria!" Photo Finish said, bouncing a little with a smile.

"Right." Spitfire chuckled. "Well, thanks again for coming. Rainbow Dash is quite the interesting character, isn't she?" Twilight, Photo Finish, and Spitfire glanced over at Soarin' and Rainbow, who were now talking a little, leaning up against each other.

"Yeah, she's a great friend, being the Element of Loyalty and all," Twilight said, grinning.

"She was the one to ask me about za pictures! Her ideas are delightful, no?" Photo Finish tapped her head with a forehoof.

"Yeah, they certainly are... delightful." Spitfire chuckled some more at the sound of that word. It was much more dainty than anything she said on a day-to-day basis.

"Now, I, Photo Finish, know zat it's not my place to ask dis, but when are you going to make Rainbow Dash an... official Wunderbolt?" Photo Finish questioned.

Spitfire sighed. "Soon. Very soon. She has the top spot on our list of Wonderbolt Reserves."

"Good, because she deserves it." Photo Finish winked, though nopony could really see it due to her magenta-shaded glasses.

One of Photo Finish's assistants tapped her on the shoulder.

"Well, vit appears I must go now. I'll have dose pictures ready very soon." Photo Finish smiled at Twilight, then Spitfire, and then at Soarin' and Rainbow Dash. Her theme music started play from no apparent source (like all of the music in Equestria), she swooped around, and started to strut off. Before entering the basket of the hot-air balloon, she said her famous "I go," and the three photo ponies were gone.

The past few days had been quite an adventure for everypony. A multitude of pictures were taken, there was a new couple in Equestria, and Rainbow Dash had became closer to achieving her dream of joining the Wonderbolts.

As Photo Finish would say, it was wunderbar.

Author's Note:

I'm sorry that it took so long for me to finish this story!

I hope that you enjoyed reading The Wunderbolts: A Story of Three Blue Ponies! I'm normally not a romance writer, but I think this story turned out really well!

I love any comments; constructive criticism or praise alike! Each one helps me to improve my stories.

Thanks for reading; write on, and remember to smile, smile, smile!

Comments ( 5 )

7298122
7298184
Thank you so much! I'm glad you enjoyed! Also, thanks a ton for the watch! :pinkiehappy:

Comment posted by way_2_spooky_4_u deleted May 14th, 2017

Oh yes, it was definitely Wunderbar.

Login or register to comment