• Published 30th Apr 2016
  • 1,963 Views, 9 Comments

The Wunderbolts: A Story of Three Blue Ponies - Little-Miss-Minty



After enduring a day of picture-taking with her friends, Rainbow Dash gets a fantastic idea and wants Photo Finish to take some pictures of the Wonderbolts.

  • ...
2
 9
 1,963

Their Costumes are Pretty Cool

"Now gurls, look at za camera!" Photo Finish gestured to her assistant and with a flash and a cha-ching, another picture was taken.

"How many pictures is that? I lost count thirty minutes ago." Rainbow Dash rolled her eyes, floating in the air.

"Rainbow Dash!" Rarity exclaimed, turning around and looking up at the pegasus. "Be polite, please! Let Photo Finish take her time. It takes time to make art."

"She should know." Apple Jack gestured to Rarity. She then looked--very seriously-- at Rainbow Dash.

Rainbow snorted and rolled her eyes again. They turned back to their positions.

The six friends were standing in front of Twilight's castle, posing for pictures. Photo Finish was taking a series of photographs for an exclusive interview with the Princess of Friendship and her closest friends. Starlight Glimmer was to sit in on the interview, almost as if it was a lecture of some sort. Rainbow Dash wasn't enjoying the long process of "making ze magics", though. She didn't like her picture being taken. Unless, of course, she was showing off some big achievement or award or something. Then, photo sessions were fun.

"Okay, I done now," Photo Finish swished around, tapped the camera, and it folded up almost instantly. "We go!" Photo Finish then swiftly turned around in her very Photo Finish way, only to be stopped by Rainbow Dash, herself. As soon as Photo Finish swished, Rainbow Dash swooped down. She had a question that was bothering her for ages now.

"Hey Photo Finish, I know that you're fashion photographer and everything, but do you think you could maybe make an exception?" Rainbow Dash smiled awkwardly. She could see her friends staring at her, confused as to what she was getting at. Rarity and Apple Jack looked especially confused.

"Well, I, Photo Finish, am a fashion photographer. We," she gestured to her crew, "photograph fashion. But of course, today, we made a bit of an exception. What do you have in mind? What do you want me to photograph?"

"Well..." Rainbow Dash began, "See, there are these really cool ponies called the Wonderbolts. Maybe you've heard of them?"

"Ah, yes. I, Photo Finish, have heard of deez Wunderbolts. A flying acrobatic team, made of pegasi, ya?" Photo Finish nodded her head, bob bouncing with it.

"Ya... yeah." Rainbow Dash smiled. "I'm a really big fan of them, and I've made friends with them, too. I feel like they deserve to be photographed by..." Rainbow chose her words very carefully, "The best photographer in Equestria! Of course!"

"Me? Da best photographer in Equestria?" Photo Finish was obviously pleased.

"Yup! You're great!" Rainbow Dash wasn't very fond of fashion, but despite her choice of subject, she did think that Photo Finish was a pretty good photographer. The light in her shots was always exceptional, the emotions she captured spectacular... okay, now she was thinking like Rarity. "You're pretty cool, you know," she added, trying not to lose her cool.

"Why, thank you, Rainbow Dash!" Photo Finish smiled wide, bouncing a little in her very Photo Finish way. "Now, what was dat you were trying to get at?"

"Oh, um..." Rainbow Dash looked around. "Well, I was just wondering... uh... if you'd be willing to take some pictures of the Wonderbolts? Maybe?" Rainbow chuckled awkwardly. "Their costumes may not be fashion, but they're pretty cool."

"Oh ya, dats what I, Photo Finish, thought you were going to ask. I'm sure dat we'd be ecstatic to photograph dem," Photo finish said, nodding. Her assistants saw her doing so and nodded along.

"Great! Then I'll tell Spitfire about it all, and set up a date, I guess." Rainbow Dash tried to smirk, but was actually exploding with happiness inside.

Photo Finish signaled to her assistants that it was time to go. "Okay, now we go!" She said, swooping around. They strutted away, Photo Finish's theme song playing from no apparent source, as always.

After they left, Rainbow Dash flew back to her friends. She did a flip in the air, squealing a long "EEEEEEEEEEE!"

Twilight Sparkle stared at her elated friend. "What were you talking to Photo Finish about? You don't seem like the type of mare that would be so ridiculously excited to talk to a famous fashion photographer."

"She's going to photograph the Wonderbolts!" Rainbow Dash did another flip. "And I'm going to help her! I'll get to hang out with the Wonderbolts!"

"That's great, Rainbow Dash!" Pinkie Pie smiled and bounced a little.

"Yeah! And I'll even get to see..." Rainbow Dash blushed a little, "I'll get to see Sorin'."

"If I didn't know better," Rarity said, "I'd think that you have a little crush on him." She winked and laughed a little.

"Nahhh..." Rainbow Dash giggled awkwardly. "I'm not a girl that falls in love."

"Suuuure, Sugarcube." Apple Jack smiled.

"Well, I have to get back to arranging Starlight's next friendship lesson, and I'm sure that everypony else needs to get back to their work." Twilight nodded and looked around at her friends, who all murmured agreements.

"Right... and I have to tell Spitfire about the photo shoot," Rainbow Dash smirked and nodded.

"Then I'll be off! I have to design some more dresses for my next line," Rarity started to trot away. "Goodbye, girls!"

"And my shift at Sugarcube Corner is about to start, so i better get going, too!" Pinkie Pie bounded away.

One by one, the mares left. Twilight slipped away into her castle, and Rainbow Dash zoomed away to the Wonderbolts Headquarters.

Author's Note:

Stay tuned for more! :pinkiehappy: