• Published 7th Nov 2015
  • 417 Views, 0 Comments

Let's put our Differences Aside - JusSonic



A story that resolves the little conflict between Rainbow Dash and Sir Spell Nexus

  • ...
 0
 417

Chapter 1

My Little Pony: Let's put our Differences Aside

It was morning in Ponyville. The ponies that everyone knows and loves are hanging out at Fluttershy's cottage...well, minus Twilight Sparkle and Ben. They went off to Canterlot with Nyx and the Dragons. So who is it that they're hanging out with?

"And then, boom, right in the kisser!" Discord exclaims, making the rest of the mares laughs a bit.

"See, girls?" Fluttershy giggles to her friends happily. "I told you Discord can be funny if given the chance."

"Well, Fluttershy, guess yew were about right about Discord." Applejack said with a sigh. "When he isn't pranking or causing trouble, he can be a nice guy."

"Yes, for once, no explosions." Rarity said sipping some tea.

"So who wants some biscuits?" Discord ask making pizza biscuits appears from out of nowhere.

"No thanks, I'm stuffed."

"I want some, I want some!" Pinkie exclaims, bouncing up and down in delight as Discord serve some biscuits to her which she happily munch on. "Munch munch munch munch!"

"Say, shouldn't we worry about how Twilight will react us being nicer 'ta Discord when she gits back?" Applejack ask, reminding the others that Twilight is still gone.

"Well, I'm sure she will bond with Discord too, if given the chance." Fluttershy said meekly and concerned. "Uh, if that's all right."

"Yeah, well, the egghead gotta learn to do some trusting....kinda like how I did when I once distrusted Sir Spell Nexus." Rainbow remarks, recalling an incident similar to Twilight having less trust issues with Discord.

"Oh, really, what happened?" Discord ask, arching an eyebrow at that.

"Oh yeah, I almost forgot. You were a statue and a bad guy during that time."

"Well, it's like this!" Pinkie exclaims happily as she swallows her biscuits. "It happened right after Twiley saved Ben from his Demon Pony curse and when she wasn't a princess yet. In fact, let's watch this flashback!"

--------------------

The scene begins to open up around a neighborhood within Canterlot, in which we find a certain home belonging to someone; this someone was who the Mane Six, Spike, Nyx & the now return to being pony again, Ben Mare, we're visiting. Course there were a few with doubts about this visit, but...

"Explain to me again, WHY, we're here?" Rainbow Dash asked her friend about why they are doing this.

"Because Spell Nexus invited us over, so we can have a discussion." Twilight stated off in who they came to see.

"Well, it is probably about from wha we last handled." AJ stated off in knowing what the topic will be focus on.

"Yep, wrapping up the Demon Pony case & all that!" Pinkie Pie smiled off to nod in knowing what they did.

"Still, it seems rather hard to just, forgive & forget." Rarity rub her chin in knowing how Spell Nexus was a part of that case, & if they truly forgive the guy having been involved with Boris.

"Well, I'm sure he had his reasons." Fluttershy stated off to kindly say this to the others.

"Well, let’s see if the guy will respond." Spike stated off to say while knocking on the front door.

Then the doors open for where everyone watches...as some strange stallion was holding....A KNIFE OUT!

"He's got a knife, I got this!" Rainbow Dash yelled out before suddenly diving in for the tackle.

"Guagh!" Someone yelped from being tackled to the ground as everyone watches.

"So, planning to strike us when we're defenseless, eh?" Rainbow Dash interrogated in seeing that someone wanted to kill them on the spot, it figures that...

"Rainbow Dash, wait....my butler was merely cutting the cheesecake." Spell Nexus was heard entering as everyone saw; Rainbow tackle the butler while spilling a tray that had the cheesecake the stallion was cutting before answering the door.

"Oh no! What have we done," Pinkie Pie gasped off in seeing they ruined the tasty treat.

"She's freaking out over cheesecake?" Ben asked off this to Twilight in seeing this.

"Trust me, it's Pinkie Pie." Twilight rolled her eye in knowing how Pinkie loves her sweets.

Later on at this time, everyone was gather to a dining room area as they were served some meals & drinks while trying to forget what happened & move the discussion along.

"I wanna say sorry for what Rainbow did." Twilight spoke up to say this to the stallion.

"No, I should have expected this...after all, I have done much." Spell Nexus stated off in understanding such motions.

"Well, ugh....that is to say..." Spike was a little lost in what they should do next considering...what this guy did.

"Between being the leader of the Cult of Nightmare Moon & giving Boris items to kill Ben as the Demon Pony & nearly brought about the end of Pegasus & Unicorn species from the loss of horns & wings." Pinkie Pie pretty much blurted out everything that Spell Nexus has done to them from the past to present.

"Hugh, my old crimes still haunt me, I know this...this is why I wanted to apologize." Spell Nexus sighs to say this in seeing such terrible feats.

"You mean for all the things you did?" Fluttershy asked off in knowing what the pony was saying.

"I was a fool in exploring the spot of the defeated Nightmare Moon you six mares stopped. If I had not gone there & found the last evil trace of Nightmare Moon, I never would have started the cult & brought great harm to you all." Spell Nexus stated off in recalling the first mistake he made that brought about such trouble.

"Well, it is true...when ye did dat, it did cause an uproar." Applejack shrug off to say this in being honest.

"Yes, oh, it was horrible how the cult wanted to revive the evil form of Nightmare Moon & bring about eternal night." Rarity nods off in quite much in agreeing to the subject.

"I think I remember that, the days when the moon never set for the sun to shine while I was alone as the Demon Pony." Ben thought this over in recalling such events when the sun was blocked out for days.

"I caused so much suffering while under the evil influence of the trace of the original Nightmare Moon, the last of my strength, I chain it to myself in wanting to keep it from returning to its own body & power...even if that meant I would never realize it from my own 'baptized' self in leading the cult." Spell Nexus sighs in feeling that what he did that caused so much trouble to even bear the burden of containing an evil within himself.

"While what you did in taking my blood sample for your ritual was meant to complete the spell in reviving Nightmare Moon, but it was interrupted & instead...one good thing came out of it." Twilight stated to look with a smile at Nyx, knowing if all of that didn't happen, this black filly would not be with them today.

"Right; that was the day Nyx was born, Twilight brought her home, & a whole bunch of stuff happened afterwards." Spike nods off in agreement on the subject.

"I was still not too sure about all of it, I was still learning about who I was." Nyx stated off to say this about her own thoughts.

"I too was glad you became who you are now than what we wanted you to be, you saved us by not becoming entirely evil & undone much harm we caused." Spell Nexus sighs with a half-hearted smile in what Nyx became then what she almost became under the evil influence of Nightmare Moon's baptized essence.

"Yeah, & pretty much Deja vu came when you helped that creep Boris get bullets to kill a Demon Pony, Heck Hounds that attacked us & even a spell that turn the jerk into a Devil Pony." Rainbow Dash rolled her eyes in stating what came afterwards that they had to deal with.

"Rainbow Dash!" Twilight narrow her eyes in seeing that was uncalled for.

"Come on Twilight, you know that if the guy didn't give Boris those things, we might have had a better shot & not have gone through that whole mess!" Rainbow Dash pointed out what Spell Nexus did this time that caused more trouble.

"It was all scary, I almost thought we lost Ben there when it all happened." Fluttershy nods off in fearing what they experienced.

"Ye & me both, especially when Ben got shot, we done thought he was a goner." AJ nods of a bit in agreeing on such terms.

"And then after Boris was defeated with the Devil's Red Sun destroyed, he was sucked into the Void." Rarity stated off in what happened to the old enemy back then.

"Right, we all thought that with the loss of our wings & horns, mostly for those that got taken, & with Ben dying...it was reaching a sad ending." Pinkie Pie stated off in how things looked pretty bad after what happened next.

"But maybe somehow, it didn't...and I was also able to give Twilight the Love of Eternal necklace, & in a surprise twist, that helped save me & fix everything." Ben stated off to say this in looking on the brighter side of things.

"Even so, I still feel that I messed everything up." Spell Nexus looked down in feeling regret about such cases.

"Admitting a mistake is something we all have to face Sir Spell Nexus. I believe we can all come to agree on that." Twilight spoke up to honestly say this in trying to cheer up the guy to not be beating himself around the bush.

"Right, yew got it, sugah cube." Applejack remarks with a nod. "Ah done made mah own when Ah was stubborn during 'de Apple Bucking contest an' when Ah ran off after not gitting 'de money or ribbon fro' 'de rodeo."

"And when I took Iron Will's lessons too far. Oh, I was a monster." Fluttershy said, admitting when she made a lot of mistakes."

"Yes, I even made some of my own. Even a lady can't always be perfect." Rarity admits sheepishly.

"I made a lot of mistakes, you don't wanna know!" Pinkie giggles a bit, having a lot and LOT of mistakes to count out on.

"Yeah, we get it." Spike remarks with a chuckle while nodding. "I hate to make some major ones in the future."

"Right, major." Twilight said a bit nervous, though managed to hide it. She wondered whatever or the unicorn should've told him about his family.

While many were in on agreements, Rainbow Dash was seen leaving unheard...but Spell Nexus saw her leave to plan to...follow.

--------------------------

Rainbow goes into another room, doing some thinking. Sir Spell Nexus has made some mistakes, the Pegasus pony hasn't forgotten that...but she made some of her own! And Nyx was forgiven, by most over her and even Rainbow forgave her. So would even the Element of Loyalty forgive Sir Spell Nexus over his own mistakes?

"Loyalty is something we all want to never lose." Rainbow Dash yelped in hearing a voice that made her turn to find Spell Nexus entering the room. "Once you lose the loyal faith & trust of those around you, your treated differently." He explained this off in what things mean in such terms.

"Yah....so, why are you saying this for?" Rainbow lightly stated off to say this.

"Because my mistake cost me much, there are few that would reopen up to me after what I did. I can't blame them, I know you are the chosen one for Loyalty, correct?" Spell Nexus issued off to mention this other stuff to be thought over.

"Yeah, so?" Rainbow raised an eyebrow in what was being said here.

"Let my mistakes be a lesson, losing someone that has so much loyalty to help you or those around, may become a greater loss of what you once had to cherish." Spell Nexus asked that Rainbow learn of what happens when one loses loyalty, they lose those around that were loyal to that pony because of such actions that may take a long time to fix.

"I'm..." Rainbow Dash was a bit lost, that couldn't happen to her, could it?

"You are a pony that is well respected for being so loyal to your friends, you think about them...shows how loyal you are. Please, do not lose sight of it & end up trying to recover that which may take me years to achieve." Spell Nexus asked this off to the pony to never lose sight of what she stands for.

"I...see." Rainbow lightly nods in understanding this now.

With that, Spell Nexus leaves the room to let Rainbow Dash think about this; about maybe to re-earn lost loyalty from others is by first...reaccepting them.

"You may wanna consider what he said, Dashie." A familiar voice said. Rainbow turns and yelps as she saw a familiar flat-mane pink pony watching from nearby in a cloak.

"Gah! What are you doing out of the dungeon?!" Rainbow yelps in alarm. It's the same pink pony who lives in the dungeon underneath Sugarcube Corner that Pinkie keeps for some reason, the monster who would give ponies the Brrrs.

"Relax, I ain't Brring ya today. I'm saying a very important lesson about Sir Spell Nexus there."

"Oh yeah, what?"

"I know you do not want to forgive him but do not blame him for something he had no control over. Think what if you done something you had no control over. Would you be forgiven or would there be one pony who would not? But take it from me, I thought nopony would forgive me but they did and even you so Dashie what is your heart telling you?" Pinkamena ask Rainbow who was silent. "Don't answer right away, okay?"

Pinkamena thus leaves Rainbow alone to do some thinking...

-------------

It's time for Twilight and her friends to leave so that the mare can show off Ben to her parents. The unicorn spoke up, "It's good to see you again, Sir Spell Nexus. I hope you recover from what you've gone through."

"I do my best, Twilight." Nexus said with a nod. Just then Rainbow came out of the mansion slowly. "Miss Dash?"

"Listen, I got something to say." Rainbow said, breathing in and out. For a moment, her friends are worried that she would say something bad to Nexus...until she said, "For a while, I was thought you were a big jerk and a monster...but the truth is...I was the jerk and monster for not forgiving ya for what you did. I remember when I wasn't in control of my actions when Discord once discorded me. Heck, the same goes for my pals too."

"Guilty as charged." Applejack remarks to Sir Spell Nexus with a shrug.

"Anyway, the point I'm saying is...you're okay by my book, pal."

"I thank you for your kind words." Sir Spell Nexus said with a nod. Rainbow holds out a hoof, causing him to nod and shakes it for friendship.

"Well, at least it's great to see Sir Spell Nexus recovering more and is doing fine." Twilight remarks with a chuckle. "Makes me glad I'm not like that."

"Yeah, but who knows that someday you will meet some figures trying to redeem themselves." Spike said to Twilight in precaution.

"Oh please! The times those will happened is around the same time I become a princess somehow! Ha ha ha!"

------------

"Ha ha ha! And yeah, the egghead is a princess, when she dealt with you, Discord, and when she deal with Lorcan after!" Rainbow exclaims to Discord in amusement, making him laugh.

"Oh yes, the irony." Discord said, wiping a tear away. "Well, at least it's good to hear Sir Spell Nexus is doing now."

"And of course, Twilight did learn to trust Lorcan...not too much but to the point that she doesn't wanna kill him anymore!" Pinkie explains happily to her friends.

"I wonder if she will trust Discord fully since the bonding thing." Fluttershy said, wondering how Twilight will react to her friends' newfound bonding with Discord once the mare, Ben, Nyx and the Dragons get back from Canterlot.

"If she's causing a fuss, let's say I got some pranks for her." Discord said to his friends with a smile.

The ponies laughs a bit at that as they resume their little party. One must wonder what Twilight will do when she does get back. Whatever happened, it will be either funny or amusing...and not to the point of shunning.

To be continued in "What about Discord?"...

Author's Note:

Cast list
Ashleigh Ball: Rainbow, Applejack
Corey Burton: Sir Spell Nexus
Tara Strong: Twilight Sparkle
Andrea Libman: Pinkie Pie, Fluttershy, Pinkamena Diane Pie
Tabitha St. Germain: Rarity
Cathy Weseluck: Spike the Dragon
Jason Marsden: Ben Mare
Daveigh Chase: Nyx
John de Lancie: Discord
Tom Kane: Proper Etiquette

Pretty interesting, right folks? And a foreshadowing to the upcoming new episode. And now, time for the next MLP: FIM fic....

"Fright Night Fun: (short story; takes place during Scare Master) The CMC decide to bring Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon along with their Fright Night festivities. Will things be able to go as planned?"

Yeah, I know Halloween is over now, but I figure why not? Anyway, until next time, read, review and suggest!

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment