• Published 19th Oct 2015
  • 709 Views, 22 Comments

The Wedding's true casuality - KrspaceT



Some consider Celestia a manipulative mastermind. Others wonder why she doesn't fix everything in Equestria. A few even assume she is disheartened by death. What happens when these ideas are put together as one?

  • ...
3
 22
 709

1

As ruler of Equestria, a being who many revered not only in the vein of a ruler, but as a deity herself, people viewed her in many, radically different ways.

To some, she was bringer of daylight, the ensure of fertility and safety. Her sun warmed the earth, grew the plants, and repelled the monsters of the night.

Many even worshiped her as a deity, and while she drew a line at temples devoted to her or her sister they still tended to swear by her name. It was....an interesting quirk. Of course every so often someone decided to create an underground cult that she had to have dismantled before things went mad.

To others, she was the ultimate weapon: a fearsome entity whom could single handily protect Equestria from threats internal and external. While she was not infallible, as had recently been proven by the near disaster that was the royal wedding (and in truth it was a disaster, though in a way only she knew), the fact that she was alive kept foreign nations from thinking about waging war.

To a certain purple unicorn, she was a teacher, an idol, a second mother. The fact that said unicorn wasn’t looking at her with disappointment for her own mistakes over said wedding truly boggled her. Perhaps she should keep an eye on her, in case she was just bottling it in.

Celestia had no idea: Twilight Sparkle was a wonderful student with a brilliant mind and even more brilliant heart, but her mind tended to go to some strange places and make some odd connections. It wasn’t as random as her pink earth pony friend, by no means was she that…..unique, but it was something that even after so many years still caught Celestia off guard at times.

Perhaps she should read up on some of the latest childhood syndrome studies from the psychologists in Manehatten one of these days, just to get a grasp on it.

But, it wasn’t that unicorn that she was worried about at the moment.

….

“I take it transforming love sucking monsters were not how you anticipated the wedding going?”

Celestia, alicorn princess of the sun, turned from her balcony to her sister, princess of the moon Luna, with a unamused look.

“Hardly. I was expecting an attack, true, but not from a race I had thought vanquished. Normally a volcano makes a good prison for ones defeated adversaries” Celestia noted the night sky “I was expecting anything else really: Griffins, Yaks, anything but Changelings. Sort of makes a giant shield around the entire city pointless if they are using the one making it as a snack, doesn’t it?”

Sure, it did keep the majority of the swarm at bay first, but it didn't really do much when the shield could be broken by a few hundred bouncing emotion eating creatures as the shield's caster hadn't the ability to focus on keeping it up. Having your fiance replaced by a emotion eating, mind numbing mastermind of a villain was not conductive to efficient magic casting after all.

The black alicorn yawned, as if recalling how she managed to sleep through the entire invasion “Yes, yes it does. It does certainly derail that plan of yours, to have Shining Armor pushed to his limits defending the town, his sister, and his fiancé from an unknown threat now doesn’t it?”

The silence in the room was palpable. Had it been anyone else, such an accusation would have been treasonous, blasphemous, moon banishmentamous.

Between the two in the know of course, it was just basic motive dialogue. Perhaps if someone overheard them it would be considered alarming, but they were alone.

The guards knew how far to stand, and when not to listen in on the private discussions of royalty. While usually this meant sibling squabbles, this case it meant grand master plans that could be considered diabolical out of context.

“Yes, yes it has. And now, everything is ruined”.

The simple statement hit like one of Tirek’s energy blasts.

“We have time, sister. Given the fact that it has been not even a year since I was freed from the moon, and in that time we’ve seen the return of Discord and the Changelings, I’m certain something equally horrendous will occur that will put Shining Armor in the proper place”.

“It doesn’t matter if Discord teams up with Tirek and Sombra, this was the perfect opportunity to try and get him to push himself past the limits of himself, to do a legendary deed. To save himself and Cadence from realizing…..”

“Like I said sister, there is certainly plenty of time left before they come to realize that….implication” Luna assured her sister.

“As I’m sure you are quite aware, there are plenty of dangers in Equestria that could make anypony commit such a magnificent deed, as to surpass their mortal limits”

With that last line, the room fell silent once more.

For while some would suggest that a magical kingdom where creatures roamed capable of turning victims to stone, devouring them in a swamp of flames, eating them alive, conning them of life and bit, and myriads of other horrible fates was completely irresponsible of such a powerful and benevolent ruler. Why did she not simply destroy all such horrors, either by her own hoof or by her command?

It was quite simple: several years ago she had seen one such incident in a time when such oversights were truly just pure oversights, a wicked horse whose actions were stopped by a young Pegasus who pushed herself beyond what she should have been capable of.

Shortly after that, she found herself with a third immortal companion. And a new emotion now gripped the heart of this immortal and benevolent princess.

She wished, to have more. After centuries of being alone, she had tasted the flavor of truly lifelong companions even among the longest lived, after only having a sister she was forced to banish alongside her.

And she would taste it again.

Author's Note:

So basically, if you don't get the gist of what I am suggesting, this is it.

Basically I am suggesting that the Celestia in this short thought that Shining Armor, in holding back the X invasion during the wedding with his shieldspell, would push himself so far he'd ascend to Alicornhood, thus ensuring he and Cadence would be together forever.

And that she doesn't, say, eradicate Cockatrices because she hopes that ponies may end up doing the same fighting against such things.

If I wanted to, I probably could make this into a larger idea and show characters in the MLP world in fact being pushed so far they ascend. Perhaps multiple sonic rainbooms would do it, one after the other? However, I have a lot on my plate right now so I 'd probably won't do that.

Adoption of this idea is allowed though, in case anyone is interested.

Comments ( 22 )

OOoooo I love this idea! START READING ACTIVATE!

Interesting concept! Though I hope Celestia has considered too the implications of somepony pushed to act beyond their mortal limits... and failing. :twilightoops:

loved it ^^ *claps my hoofs*

Darwinist Celestia? Well, why not?

I see what you mean. Fan have put her on such a high pedistal while forgetting she has feeling too. I wrote a couple of stories trying to make Celestia face this. Give it a read sometime and I promise it is NOT a plot read. "The Tale of Princess Celestia and Jake".

This idea that Celestia is trying to "make" more Alicorns would explain how she treats Twilight, she knows Twilight is extraordinary and just needs the proper "push" to ascend. Notice once Twilight ascends she isn't Celestia's go to disaster solver anymore, like that part of her training is done. I also doubt Celestia isn't just waiting in the wings as a precaution, ready to swoop in and save her "chosen" if they get in real danger.

I can't find the great alicorn hunt. Read some of it awhile back, but I lost it. Halp!!

Who's the author of the great alicorn hunt because I keep trying to find it and for the life of me I can't find it?

7537706 I can't find it either, it's like it just went poof out of existence.

7890130 :pinkiesad2: Aawwww maaaaaan!!!!

7890133 I've started losing hope of ever finding it again, i think the account was deleted or something

7890487 I'VE FOUND IT OVE FOUND IT!!!!!!!!!!oh god....i found it.

7915218 WHERE!?!?!?!?!?!???????!!!?!!?:flutterrage:

7915365 ok so I found it when i looked up the great alicorn hunt on google, I found the authors account on here and found it, it's on another site now but it has more chapters now to!!!!

7916884 I know right!!I feel so stupid for not thinking of that before hand

7917592 lol! We all do goofy things every niw and again!:rainbowlaugh:

7919971
He's now on Archive Of Our Own:

In another time, another place, an alicorn Princess sent her faithful student a final test-- an unfinished spell by the greatest unicorn mage in Equestrian history. After a near-disastrous first effort, the student finally solved the riddle of the spell, completed it, and was transformed (as her mentor had planned) into an alicorn princess.

This is not that time and place.

https://archiveofourown.org/works/5445755?view_full_work=true

Goodness gracious alive. I don't remember reading this, it says I didn't read it, and I don't have it saved to my library. Just, wat.

Hmm… I like this take. I desire more of this breed of potential antagonist Celestia.

Login or register to comment