• Published 30th Sep 2015
  • 449 Views, 6 Comments

Legally Purple - Pegasister107



Rarity is beautiful.She´s always been beautiful and she´ll always be beautiful.But is that all she´s known for?Does her boyfriend really think she´s not...........Serious?

  • ...
12
 6
 449

And Friendship It Was

Rarity yawned.Their study sesion had been going for a while, but she wasn´t complaining, anything to get her closer to sucess was welcome, she just needed a pause or her head would explode.
Applejack yawned back at her and was taken aback when she got up from her seat and started walking towards the other side of the room.

"Hey What´s gotten into ya?"

She levitated something out of a box she had in a bookshelf and a snaping noise was heard.He walked up to her and looked at her weird

"What´s that?"

She turned around and showed she was levitated two cans of.............

"Cider without alcohol?"

"Helps keeping me awake.Here" She handed him the one can that wasn´t open "I´m guessing you really like this stuff."

"Thanks"

She shrugged

They sat down with the book once again, every once in a while taking a little sip of their ciders.Applejack chuckled.

"Ah actually thought you will enjoy the alcohol one better"

"Well yes I do" She chuckled a little too "But I never drink with a stallion around, good sir"

"Says the mare that Ah found looking like a stripper and just sitting in the street."

"Look-in................ li-ke a..........................IT WAS A COSTUME PARTY!!"

"´Kay then, sorry" He looked around a little and noticed "Ya still have some lipstick in your cheek"

She licked her hoof and quickly cleaned it off.She then admited "You know, I´m lucky you were the one who saw me.Had it been anypony else I would´ve gotten in trouble.You really are a fine gentlecolt, Applejack"

"aw shucks, mah granny just taught me well, that´s all..................Speaking of granny..................Don´t take this the wrong way but I don´t think she would like Nightmare Night with ya"

She smiled and waved her hoof as if she was hitting him "Let it go!"

"Turn away and close the doors!"

She slowly, slowly blinked and then burst out laughing.He laughed a little too.When the laughter died, she took a deep breath "Applejack, I believe this is the start of a good friendship"


"I still can´t believe it didn´t work!" Fluttershy admitted, as she applied trasnparent hoof polish over her unicorn friend´s left hoof.

"Neither can I" She sighed "I really don´t wanna give up"

"Then don´t.Come on, finish the story"

"Okay.I went outside and bumped into this guy, Applejack.He says he can help me with this school stuff.So yeah, I´m not giving up yet.Thank you"

"Your welcome"

Suddenly, the door sprung open and the floor moved slightly.Everone in the shop turned around to see a stallion standing there.A few jaws dropped.The stallion was taller than the mayority of the ponies inside of the salon and his bulky muscular body was covered in a dark green delivery uniform.A few jaws were dropped as he trotted towards the center of the salon and looked around with a look nopony could really identify as anything,

"I got a package" He spat out, suddenly, gaining weird looks and making a certain yellow pegasus flush with the tone of his voice "Which one of these lovely ladies is Fluttershy Butterfly?"

Even more blushing and as everyone turned to look at her, the pegasus meeped.The unicorn sitting beside her smirked "Over here!" She called out and pointed at the statue of embarassment that was her older friend

Rarity helped her sign the papers, placed the package on her back and a bit on the mail-stallion´s hoof.He blinked

"Bulk Biceps here" After getting the bit on his pocket, he held out his hoof for her to shake it, but she didn´t. "I´m new" Awkard silence

Goodness gracious Did he break her? I can perfectly see why she isn´t married now Rarity mused inside her head as the stallion took off his hat only to put it back on three seconds later.

"Do me a favor, have yourselves a super day."

"Oh, we will"

"Thanks" The moment he closed the door and stepped out was the moment Fluttershy´s wings sprung open with no elegance.She shook her head and covered it all up with a smile

"Oh, the mane styling tools I´ve ordered the other day.Good" She put them away and got back to what she was doing before the stallion had broke in.

Rarity giggled "You like him Do you?"

"I´m straight Aren´t I? Not my fault"

"No, I mean........."

"Oh" Fluttershy´s cheeks turned pink, matching her mane "No, no.Rarity, we shared two words, don´t jump into things.Please"

"Fine, I won´t, sorry."

"Even if I did like him You think I´d have a shot?" She laughed, hard.

"Maybe" Rarity murmured

"Anyways, keep telling me about that farmer friend, he sounds nice"


"Bye, Rainbow, Have a great Thanksgiving and Nightmare Night! Say hi to your brother and dad for me! And Tanky Turty!" The unicorn waved a hoof at the pegasus and then, turned to her earth pony friend beside her, holding a few books in his whooves

"Define malum prohibitum."

"Malum prohibitum is, ummm . . ."

He sighed "An act prohibited......"

She suddenly interrupted him "AN ACT PROHIBITED BY LAW! like jaywalking or chewing gum in Wingsapore."

He smiled and nodded "Therefore malum ensae?"

"Is an action. That is evil in itself.Assualt, murder, age spells, white hat after labor day."

He laughed "Doing good, doing good"

"Thanks" She got up and streched her whooves a little "Now if you excuse me, darling, I have to pack my things up"

"Pack? Where ya going?"

"Home, of course, it´s autumn break Remember?"

"Aha" He pondered for a second

She raised an eyebrow "What?"

"Well Ah´m not surprised to see that ya passed....."

"Thanks" She tried for a hug but he cut her

"In the bottom percent of your class!!"

"Hey!"

"No offence but mediocre. At best"

"Hey, I thought you took me seriously! This is not fair!"

"Ah´m very sorry, Rares, I´m not the one who´s in charge of your grades.Tried to help ya here but This is the real world!! Looking fer fair, ya´ll better be looking for an earth pony that can fly.I´ve been laughed at too, y´know, but that´s because only the fastest runers win the race." He looked her in the eye "What do ya´ll say?"

She sighed "Don´t you ever get tired of always being right?"

He smiled, bright and big and hugged her "There she is See you at the park tonight?"

"Tomorrow.I need to get a refound"


As typical of any December night, it was cold, it was white and many ponies at the Canterlot dorms were either packing or exchanging gifts.

"This is so lovely.Thank you, Rarity"

"Thank you, Fluttershy"

They suddenly got interrupted by somepony knocking the door.Rarity opened it with her magic and was inmediately tackled by an all-too-familiar face.

"Ho-ho-ho, little ladies!"

"F-Fluttershy here" She murmured "And you must be Applejack.Rare told me so much about you"

He chuckled "Did she now?"

"Oh, like you are inocent" The unicorn replied

Another chuckle "Yeah, Ah´m not, Ah´ll give you that"

"Thanks but What´s with the costume? Not Nightmare Night anymore.Thought, you do look good in red"

He smirked and looked up "Well" The earth pony got a wrapped up box out of his saddle bag "For you.Not as good as going home for Hearth´s Warming but......."

"Save it." She asked as she opened the present.Upon seeing what was inside, she gave it a weird look

"´S a real time saber.Shampoo ´n conditioner in one"

"Thank you.You´re so adorable to think of me" They hugged and the pegasus standing in front of them smiled.

"Oh, sorry, Rarity, I just remembered I had something to do tonight.I´ll just leave you two be" She flapped opened her wings and started flying towards the window

"Okay.See you later,Flu............." She stopped when she realised "Huh, she never leaves throught the window"

He shrugged "Maybe she was in a hurry."

Rarity breathed and levitated something out of one of her desk´s drawers.It was a dark brown stetson hat, with some bright green stripes at the edges, the stallion squinted at it a little.

"You made it yourself?"

"Yup" She chuckled

"Ya have a great talent"

"I know! I was gonna try and sell it but........................." She used her magic to replace the Santa Whooves hat he was wearing for the one she made "Happy Hearth´s Warming"

"Happy Hearth´s Warming"

Author's Note:

Been a while since I published something. It´s good to be back

Yes, I wrote Applejack´s accent wrong AND I DON´T CARE!

Happy holidays, people (November, bite me, I still love you guys)

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment