• Published 22nd Aug 2015
  • 552 Views, 9 Comments

Non-Linear Ball - DaeCat



Why did she attend? Something made Twilight go to the mysterious ball, just as something is about to erase everyone in attendance. Let's hope our heroine can unravel what happened before time unravels her.

  • ...
2
 9
 552

Epilouge: 20/20 Hindsight

So, Twilight, why did you decide to come to the Ball?

"You know why. You are my imagination. I'm just in transit between times."

Did you really think that time-travel was real?

"What do you mean? It was real, this is what is false."

False? This isn't false. What's false is how you keep fooling yourself. Why did you come to the ball?

"Once I knew Doctor Whooves was coming, I knew it was trustworthy."

Lies. Try again.

"Fluttershy asked me to. I am loyal to my friends."

I'm sure. Tell me the real reason why you came. If I am you, then what's the harm?

"I came because... I don't know."

Did you really think it was real?

"It was real. You are the false one."

It's true. I am part of you. A stray thought. But so was the ball.

"You have absolutely no proof."

You didn't think it was strange that your friends kept answering you even before you asked a question?

"That never happened..."

You didn't think it was strange that you lied to Lavish even though you had no reason to? You told her you came because of Doctor Whooves

"I did that to hide my true intentions...Why would I do that?"

Because your mind hadn't invented a good reason yet. You didn't think it was strange that Uncharted Map has a cutie mark of a red ball, not, I don't know, a map?

"I assumed it was something to do with time. Why would I think that?"

Answer my question and find out. What did White Iron whisper to you?

"My theory was correct. I will see her again."

No you won't. It wasn't your theory that you will meet again that was correct, it was your theory on the manipulation of time.

"What?"

This is a mindscape. You made the whole world to test a theory. A theory that if you could cause something to happen by the act of it happening, it would never be changed by anything.

"I don't recall that..."

You got lost in the dream. You though it was real. It wasn't. It took you long enough as it was to solve the problem and prove the theory.

"So White Iron was..."

An imaginary helper given life by your imagination.

"And Uncharted Map?"

A fragment of your consciousness that had a different theory. When you accepted that the dream was real, your mind splintered. That's why you have gaps in your memory. That's why you could jump around to different points.That's why you experienced the night out of order.

"I don't believe you. If this was a dream, then I would be able to manipulate the outcome. I have proven nothing except the strength of my will."

You calculated the exact physics required to make an accurate representation. The algorithms on the blackboards in Uncharted Map's lecture hall were the world's physics. You built the calculation for the time singularity to test your theory.

"I read those notes, and they had nothing about gravity or any other physical principle, only time."

You can't read in a dream. Your brain told you what it needed to see in order to prove your theory, and you saw it.

"So what do I do now?"

Accept that this is not real. Wake up, Twilight.


Twilight finished attaching all of the various wires to her body, making sure they were hooked up to the instruments surrounding her room. Then, she lay down slowly in her bed, closed her eyes and began to visualise the world she wanted to create. Would she need helpers? Probably. Would she need friends? Probably not.


A single tear fell down Twilight's pristine face as she slowly woke up from the dream.

Comments ( 3 )

..............well then

Review I promised is here.

Curse my inability to not hit the next chapter button. Still awesome story and very well written, like and follow

Login or register to comment