• Published 31st Oct 2015
  • 2,333 Views, 39 Comments

Pokemon Destinies: Wrath of The Taken King - Metroid Prime



The Taken King comes to Equus to take revenge on the ones who murdered his son, and nothing will stand in his way, not even the new God and his children who have taken residence their.

  • ...
9
 39
 2,333

Shadow Touched

Sardon, Fist of Crota

"One sword stands tallest among them, leading the charge against us all."

INTEL:General of the Swarm Princes and by default Crota's overall army Sardon uses his special ability "A Dark Burden" to slow down his foes, making them easier to hunt kill.


Zebrica, 36 hours later

Urrox walked through the field of dead bodies as his "day job" just came to an end. He passed the decaying corpses as they all began to lit on fire due to his mere presence.

It had been over one planetary rotation since he and his fellow Hive had invaded this world and besieged this land, during this time the leaders of this land had held up in the a palace ever since they arrived. Since it would be too easy to just go in and put them out of their misery.

When someone asked Oryx why they don't just kill them here and now, he said this:

"A swift death benefits no one but the victim. Let them wait. Let them panic and argue. Let them lose themselves in a frenzy of reproach. Postponing our assault is not an act of mercy, it is an act of torture"

So to pass the time and prolong the suffering of those inside, Urrox and his kin began to travel the land and just killed everything in sight, while the zebras were easy to cut down, these "Pokémon" provided the occasional challenge.

Soon they had for all intents and purposes committed genocide by razing the entire Kingdom, those that survived were captured and transported to the Dreadnaught where they would eventually be ground down into chitin for making Tompships.

But all good thing must come to an end, as Oryx had now just summoned all the Hive back to the palace where they would finally storm the place and destroy all its occupants.

The fact that the Dreadnaught was now in the skies above the capital city basically confirmed this.

"Let this world bear witness to our ascension, and its destruction" Urrox said.


King Trot was sweating beads as a giant ominous ship loomed out the remains of the capital city, its very presence casting a shadow over the palace as it blotted out the sun.

"A display of power"

Trot turn to see that Sev was next to his observing the scene that was unfolding before them.

"What?" Trot asked.

"They wish to try and show a display of power order to strike fear into our hearts, I used to do the same thing to the humans back on Earth"

"Did your display's work?"

"Of course it worked! I'm me!"

Trot narrowed his eyes before changing the subject.

"Have you been able to contact Princess Luna yet? Does Equestria know of our situation?"

Sev's face immediately went from proud to sorrow, a reaction Trot hope he wouldn't get out of him.

"No, for whatever reason Luna has not shown up in my dreams for the past two nights, I would chalk it up the these aliens, they must be blocking her out somehow, you would think the Princess of dreams would notice the nightmares of the people in this Kingdom."

"Sev has a point," Trot thought to himself, surely someone would have a nightmare about these creatures enough that Princess Luna would know about all this, something is very wrong here.

"Well if we can't reach Equestria though dreams, then one of us will just have to sneak out and go there"

"We have tried that already, anytime a zebra or Pokémon has tried to get out, they get mauled by those pale skinned aliens"

"True, but there is one thing we haven't tried before"

"Oh? Tell me"

"As you know Gard is the most capable Psychic in the PLA"

"Yes, you said that almost all the time"

"So, what I propose is that he teleport some of us far away from the patrols outside the palace, then he can just teleport in short jumps away from here and be in Equestria in no time."

"...Okay, but say we your plan works, I don't think Gard would get to Equestria in time, seeing as our doom is literally looming over us"

"Do you have a better idea?" Sev said in an annoyed tone.

Before Trot could respond, a sudden rumble shook the entire palace. When Trot regained his balance, he looked outside to see that the aliens were now bombarding the place with a barrage of firepower.

"Yeah let's go with your idea"


Urrox was surprised when the door wasn't blown away in the first blast, he was even more impressed when it was still standing when Gulrot started banging on it.

"Hmmm, they are more resilient than I thought, what do you think Malok?"

The Taken Knight said nothing, but he did step forward and with a wave of his hand a taken blight began to spawn.

And when in was done, a taken Pokémon stood before them.

Urrox noted how the creature had a horn on it head, as well as two long arms that appeared to be able to shoot rocks out of them.

"Ah yes, I have yet to see what these creatures can do when taken, seeing as they already possess some interesting powers"

The Taken Rhyperior stood there twitching in place, waiting for a command from its masters.

Malok then uttered an incomprehensible word which Urrox could not understand.

But the Taken Pokémon clearly understood what he said, as it as now charging some kind of energy in its mouth.


Gard flinched a little as another quake shook the whole palace, he was busy concentrating as he directed the remaining PLA to their battle stations.

"This will not end well, for both of us" Gard said as he broke the link and went to join the fight"

The Gardevoir looked to see as the palaces foundations began to crack and shatter, screams from both Zerba's and PLA could be heard at the aliens began to storm the place and attacked everything in sight, Gard didn't even look as he blasted a Thrall back out a window.

Gard then found Ag fighting...Pokémon, at least that's what they looked liked.

These Pokémon were completely black, except for a single white "eye" on their heads, also they appeared to twitching with a emotionless look on their faces.

Gard put his curiosity aside as he went to help his mate.

"What are these things? Pokémon?" Ag said.

"They look like Pokémon," Gard responded as he dodged a Focus Blast "They act like Pokémon, but they sure as hell don't feel like Pokémon"

"Think those aliens must have done something to them? Cause they sure seem to working side by side with them"

"I can't seem to read their minds, they must have used some kind of dark magic to turn them"

"Or space magic"

Soon Gard and Ag had cleared the room of the strange dark Pokémon, albeit they were tired from the ordeal.

"Man, those things were relentless, even I had a hard time dodging all those attacks"

"Same here"

After Gard caught his breath, he looked around at the damage caused by the battle, not a single corpse laid before them.

It had not escaped his notice that whenever they defeat one of those things, their bodies either vanished into thin air or were sucking into a small singularity in a fluid like motion.

"What have these aliens wrought" Gard thought

"Gard!"

The General turned to see a battle stained Sev and Trot running up to them, they both looked worse for wear.

"Sev, what is it?"

"I have a plan and I need your help to do it."


General Char shifted through the chaos of the palace as he cut down alien after alien, his righteous fury being channeled into every swipe of his claw.

"Alien heretics know not what they sow, I shall show them retribution unlike any who I have encountered before!"

Char was about to ambush another group of pale skinned aliens when he heard a familiar scream coming from another hallway.

"Wait a minute...that was!"

Char drop what he was doing and rushed to where the dressing rooms of the palace where.

And his heart dropped when he came upon the scene.

The room was on fire and it was not the smoke that made Char hold his breath, no, it was the sight of a red color 30 foot tall alien in the center of the room.

And in his claws was an unresponsive Vapora.

It took the alien raising his giant sword to snap Char out of his shock.

"RAAAAAAGGGHHH!"


Urrox looked to his left to see another a Pokemon lunged at him, this one was orange and resembled an Ahamkara, the Hive didn't even blink when he smacked it aside with the flat of his sword.

Char, immediately got back to his feet when the alien knocked him aside, even more angrier than before. This monster had hurt his mate, the very thought alone made this guy worthy of his wrath.

"If you so much as look at her again I will end you before you you can start!"

Thanks to Omnigul, Urrox could understand most of what this one said, apparently the water creature was his mate. And if his talks with Alak-Hul had told him anything, mates were one of the most cherished things mortals had.

"Then do it, what's stopping you" Urrox said

At those words Char lunged at the fiery Hive with the fury of a inferno.


"You want me to what?" Gard said

"I need you to take Lia and Lighting Dust to Princess Luna and warn her of what is happening here"

"But-"

"I have every confidence that you can teleport them all the way past the alien blockade,"

"Sev!"

"Yes!"

"I can do this yes, but why just Lia and Lighting Dust? What about you and everyone else"

"And me!" Ag injected

"I shall stay here, and go down fighting with the King, and everyone else"

"What!?"

"What!?" Trot said.

"We will all die fighting, our deaths shall be glorious enough that they will never notice you leaving."

Despite Gards psychic intelligence and his acceptance of Sev's mental state of mind, it took him a while to process the logic of his plan.

"Sev, I will not let you die here"

"I wish I could come with you, but you know the saying, a captain goes down with his ship"

"You're a commander and this is not a ship" Gard deadpanned.

"Will you follow my commands or not!?"

".....Yes"

"Sev!"

The Seviper turned to see a little Kirlia towards him.

"Lia, I was just about to go looking for you"

His sister stopped in front of him before puffing out her chest, taking in a much needed breath.

"Well I'm here, what do you need"

"I have a very important mission for you, the most important mission I will ever give you!"

"Alright what is it? Fight some aliens? Help the wounded? Provide army moral?"

"Lia, this is your mission, tell the world of our sacrifice here, give them the warning we never got!"

"Wait....what?!"

"I shall hold them here, while you and the others escape under the cover of my battles, my sacrifice shall give you time to get away unnoticed"

"But you won't sacrifice yourself right? You're gonna be okay!"

For the first time, Sev was unsure of himself. "I...I can't promise that"

"NO!" Lia shout was enhanced by her psychic powers, pushing everyone back a little. "Your Commander Sev! Nothing can defeat you! You said it yourself" the Kirlia was practically at tears.

"Lia...."

"I won't leave you! I won't loose my brother"

"...Yeah, you're right anyone who is the sister of Commander Sev is never fall unless I say so"

The Kirlia started to smile as hope dawned on the situation.

"Exactly, you're my brother and family always looks out for each other.

"Yes, they do"

The Seviper wrapped himself around his sister in a loving embrace, Lia returning the hug.

"Which is why I still have to do this"

*shunk!*

Lia gasped as she felt a pair of fangs sink into her back, but before she could do anything she quickly lost conscious.

The Kirlia fell the floor sleeping soundly.

"What did you do?" Trot exclaimed.

"I use a strain of my venom that puts people to sleep, she will be fine"

It took Trot a second to process what Sev was trying to do, and soon came to agree with his choice.

"Gard, you know you orders"

"Yes...find Lighting Dust, then take her and Lia to safety"

"General Ag"

"Yes sir?"

"It has been an honor serving beside you, take care, that is an order"

".....Yes sir"

Sev then turned around and began to slither away, only to stop and gave one last glance at the sleeping form of Lia.

"Forgive me"


Verse 1:6 — Sisters

A register of tokens and gestures exchanged before the end of sisterhood.

“Xi Ro, my brave sister, you have worked too hard to move the carcasses out of the birthing room! Come. Steer the ship for a while. Take joy in what our needle can do.”

Xi Ro tried to protest, but secretly, she was so glad for Aurash’s care. She flew the needle ship in cutting circles, down beneath the sea: and their wake rose up to the surface like a traitor’s dying breath.

“Aurash, lonely navigator, we have traveled so long with only each other. I know you love to hear and speak new tongues. Come, sit in the flesh garden room. I will read you these stories I bought at Kaharn.”

Aurash sat among the mummified flesh fans with two of her eyes closed and listened in silence to Sathona’s stories, hungry to understand, voracious to know as much as she could before her ten year life died.

Later, Xi Ro said, “Sathona, cutting mind of ours, you grow lonely in your thought. Play swords and lanterns with me!”

But Sathona was heavy with sorrow, and couldn’t pretend any joy as she chased Xi Ro through the needle’s glistening halls.

“Sathona, pensive one, what is it? What troubles you?”

Her sisters listened as Sathona said “Oath-bearing siblings, we are five years old. For two years we’ve worked to repair this ancient ship and understand its systems. I am almost too old for the mother jelly, and the knights who killed our father are surely dying of age.

“We three will die here, in exile. Taox will outlive us. And Aurash, brilliant-eyed Aurash, you will die of old age long before you have proof of your God-Wave, or any way to stop it.”

Aurash and Xi Ro looked at each other. “I wish you weren’t so honest,” Xi Ro said. And Aurash thought that Sathona had never been wrong.

In her soul Aurash knew that the only way to keep their oath was to find a great, powerful secret. A secret that could change everything. This was Aurash’s soul, her fire and her shadow — her desire to cut through the flank of the world and find its beating heart.

“We have to dive,” Aurash said. “That’s what this ship is built to do. Dive into the Fundament, the world below us... towards the core.”

“That’s where the ancient crew died so obscenely,” Xi Ro protested. “That’s where the atrocity in the birthing room was born...”

“We have to dive,” Sathona said, following the whispers of her familiar. “In the world beneath us, in the metallic depths, I hope we may find what we need most...”

More time. More life.

Author's Note:

Sorry that this took so long, things came up.

But on the subject, I would just like to say that I have no intention of being one of the many many authors on this site who just stop updating their stories abruptly and never post a new chapter ever.

This story will have an ending, and not join the pile of fics that have incomplete tags instead of the appropriate canceled tags authors never bother to put.

And just because the storyverse associated with this fic is dormant, doesn't mean this one has to be.

Currently I am working on two other stories, but I will update this one whenever I can.

Comments ( 19 )

7988012
Oryx is still harder than Aksis though, and big daddy oryx would just clap his hands and everything would just fall over dead, because he can just do that now.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=T_Ippw0REg4

this one was orange and resembled an ahamkara

Really:ajbemused:

Comment posted by Mark Pecan29 deleted Aug 23rd, 2020
Comment posted by Mark Pecan29 deleted Aug 23rd, 2020

8176211 it was updated last September, I don't know what your talking about

Comment posted by Mark Pecan29 deleted Aug 23rd, 2020
Comment posted by Mark Pecan29 deleted Aug 23rd, 2020
Comment posted by Mark Pecan29 deleted Jun 16th, 2017
Comment posted by Mark Pecan29 deleted Aug 23rd, 2020

I really like this fic! the only thing i would say is that the dialogue could probably flow better, but overall its really good.

I really hope that this doesn't end up like so many other mlp fics where the good guys win and the bad guys are sent crawling back into the void. Oryx really should win this war, no contest. He's not just stronger than any creature on Equestria, he's not even in the same league. Celestia, Luna, and Discord are immortal, sure, but Discord hasn't even been mentioned in this story, and Celestia and Luna have only lived for about 10,000 years. Oryx has lived for approximately 4.5 billion years, and hes washed over multiple Galaxies like an unstoppable plague. There simply is no contest as to who is stronger. I mean sure, i suppose with a lot of struggle, Celestia and Luna could kill Crota, but they have literally less than a 0% chance of beating Oryx.

He is the Destroyer of Light, the Taker of Will.
the King of the Hive, the Father of the Living Death.
He who sits upon the Osmium Throne, who communes with the power of the Deep.
The Chosen Champion of the ancient Worm Gods.

He is Oryx, the Taken King.

When's the next update? :pinkiehappy:

9480641

Sometime late March/early April

9480680
Cool! I'll eagerly wait until then.

Is this fic gonna be updated at all?

9558873
Maybe, been 5 years so its probably wouldn't be however would be nice if it was

Login or register to comment