• Published 31st Oct 2015
  • 2,333 Views, 39 Comments

Pokemon Destinies: Wrath of The Taken King - Metroid Prime



The Taken King comes to Equus to take revenge on the ones who murdered his son, and nothing will stand in his way, not even the new God and his children who have taken residence their.

  • ...
9
 39
 2,333

The Killing Word

"To rend one's enemies is to see them not as equals, but objects- hollow of spirit and meaning"

- 13th Understanding, 7th Book of Sorrow


Opening Intro


Urzok, the Hated

"By pleasing their gods, the Hive carve scars on the fabric of our realm." -Toland, the Shattered

INTEL:Among the lesser Hive, there is no higher honor than that of the Hated.

Not all can be hallowed, fewer still gods, but all can do their part to smite the Light. The Hated, though, holds a unique place among the Hive. It is a singular position. Only ever one. And the emerald marrow on its blade is not from combat, but the ritualistic execution of those the Wizards have deemed Forsaken.


Commander Sev, leader of the Pokemon Liberation Army, for all his claims, strategic brilliance and all around insanity, was trying,(and failing) to play a game of checkers.

"Why must I move only diagonally?! Why can't I move straight forward and just win right now!?"

Lightning Dust, Sev's "Significant other" for all her flying skills, weeks of knowing Sev and "feelings" towards him... still could not fathom what drove his brain functions.

"Because the guy who made up the rules wanted it that way."

The Pegasus was felt her mind running harder then it usually did, ever since she left the Wonderbolt Academy her life had taken a most unexpected turn, from Wonderbolts to Pokemon and Thirst, it was at times like these she wondered if fate enjoyed toying with her life.

"Well, if I ever meet that guy he shall regret the day he made Commander Sev play a game with a completely outrageous rule!"

"Heh, good luck then."

"Why would I need luck? I am luck!"

"Well considering the dude who invented this game has been dead since like, forever I wouldn't expect you to get very far."

"Then I shall journey to Tartarus and strangles his soul until he squeals."

It was at this point were Lightning lost track of why Sev was playing this game in the first place.

"Anyway, shouldn't you be preparing for the talk with King Trot about how to deal with the Thirst?"

"Actually I am to talk with the General Ahmos, but fear not my consort, I already know how to deal with them."

"Oh really? Tell me," Lightening Dust said, ignoring the mention of her being his consort.

"I shall destroy them with my potato gun with the rocket booster. Remind me to fill them with cheese and death!"

"... Right. Will do, Commander..."


Urrox stood at the helm of the HIve Warship as it speed along towards the planet in the distance, along the way he noticed various Seeder ships fly past them, no doubt the smaller ships would arrive minuets long before The Flame Prince's army got there, and the Warp Drive was not fully charged yet so teleporting all the way was not in the cards yet.

"Well you know what they say, let the Thralls go first."

The Seeder Ships soon began to enter the atmosphere the trails of red masking their true appearance. To those who looked at the sky they were just falling meteors.

How wrong they were.


Ebony Stripes played with the little Wurmple, feeding it some snacks he had brought with him.

Normally, he would be on guard duty, as this was the only way he could earn income for his family of five.

But his interest in these Pokemon had taken his mind off his duties for the moment.

"I should really get back to work, I promised my little daughter I'd take her to pick out a puppy today...or should I take one of you guys home?"

Just as he was about to resume his post Ebony's ears began to hear a low rumbling, which grew louder with each passing second. Seeing as the ground was not shaking the guard looked for the source of the sound.

After realizing the rumbling was coming from the sky, the zebra looked up to behold a frightening sight.

The stallion then dropped his weapon and promptly ran into the castle.


Ahmos, for all his experience and long years as a soldier and High General of all Zebrica's armed forces, did not expect his King to ask this of him.

"You're asking me for advice on how to persuade Emperor Carapace to let you have custody of Chrysalis?"

".....Yes, basically."

"Why are you asking me? Would you not have more success in asking one of your advisers, or maybe Princess Celestia for that matter? From what I heard Carapace respects her dearly."

"Well considering I gave my advisers the day off and Celestia is dealing with an incident involving some former humans in Ponyville, you were the only other friend I knew who was not unavailable."

"...Well, while I appreciate you thinking of me for advice, I am a soldier. My job is to organize armies plan attacks, form strategies and lead them into battle, so why do you think asking a general on how to deal with a love sick heart would produce a good answer?"

"....When you put it like that, I guess I expected-"

BAAM!!

The doors to the throne room were flung open, standing in the doorway was a panting Royal Guard.

"Soldier!" Ahmos exclaimed "What is the meaning of this outburst? Didn't anypony ever tell you to knock?"

"Meh....Meh...."

"Slow down, what are you saying?"

"Meteors! I saw them falling from the sky!"

"....What?"

The General was not expecting this answer.

"Look outside, I saw them!"

As if on cue, a low rumbling began to shake the palace.

King Trot, who had already gotten up from his throne, went to the open the doors to the balcony.

And sure enough as he was joined by Ahmos and Ebony, fiery comets pierced the sky, some already making landfall, with more tailing behind.

Ahmos was the first to snap out of his daze.

"Sound the Alarm! Get the citizens to the the underground shelters!"

As the High General and Ebony left, Trot lingered there a few more seconds to say.

"And here I thought today would be uneventful!"


Sev who had gathered his sister Lia and General Rio were currently making their way to the castle when a growing rumble began to fill the air.

"Anyone else hear that?" Lighting Dust asked.

"Yeah, but I can also see it," Rio said, looking upwards.

The Pegasus followed the Lucario's gaze to see several balls of fire falling from the sky.

"SWEET LUNA WHAT'S THAT!?"

"Isn't it obvious!? Princess Kuba has finally gone forth with my idea and is now raining judgement up my enemies!" Sev exclaimed.

Lia however was of a different mind.

"No you dolts! Those are meteors from space!"

"So Luna has decide to call upon the meteors of deep space upon my enemies? I'll still take it!"

The Krila proceeded to face palm.

'Why do I even bother?'

The first rock to hit the ground and promptly knocked them of their feet.

When the group got back up to take a look at the flaming rock, what they saw was no Meteor.

What laid before them was a narrow ship with a large midsection and a narrow antenna growing from the top. But what was even more strange were the creatures who began to emerge from it.

They appeared to be biped and each of them had a grey and red coloring.

Some wielded weapons and swords while others floated, their hands changed with an electric and ethereal power.

It was only when aliens then proceeded to attack nearby citizens, Sev finally got the message that these creatures were not sent by Luna.

"No one instills fear into the populace but ME!" The Seviper then proceeded to charge head first into the group of aliens.

"Did he seriously just do that?"

Lightning said as some of the aliens then sought to focus their fire on the group.

"Yes," Rio said as he began to charge his Aura Sphere, "Yes, he did."


The howls of terror told Xyor that they had arrived on the ground. She then gestured for the ship's hatch to open, revealing the sight of various creatures screaming and running in all directions.

Most of them were four legged quadruples while the others seemed to vary in shapes and sizes.

The Ascendant Wizard also noticed that some of the non quadruples where fighting back other Hive who were coming out of their Seeder and Tombships.

The Wizard observed the many powers they displayed and came to a logical conclusion.

Oryx will want his hand in this.

"Urzok?"

Xyor telepathically contacted the Hated who had just exited from his Tomb ship.

"Yes?"

"I will need you bring me one back alive, we must learn of their language and world so that Oryx may better understand his foes and by extension better eliminate them."

"Of course, Oryx's will be done."

The Knight then proceeded to stalk the battlefield, looking for his prey.


Rio for all his days as a General of the PLA had fought many battles against the humans alongside Commander Sev, but It was rare, very rare when there would be a fatality.

This was not the case as of now.

These invaders from the stars, whoever they were, did not fight to defeat their opponents, they fought to kill, unlike the Pokemon battles when a fight would end with one Pokemon passing out, the aliens showed no mercy, no remorse and fought with a fury that anyone could see in their eyes.

Whether it made it easier for Rio to show them the same kindness he didn't seem to care as a Focus Punch put a hole in the head of one of the smaller pale aliens who tried to claw his eyes out.

"I see you have met our new guests?"

The Lucario spared a moment to see that the Zebra General Ahmos had joined him as he cut down another of the creatures who bore a red attire.

"Yes. What do you reckon they want? To conquer us, or just slaughter?"

"Do you really want to find out, or would you rather survive this first?"

"...Point taken."

Meanwhile.....

Lia, for the most part, was worried for her brother and the current situation.

Sev had somehow gotten his tail on a bazooka which he had emptied already but acted like it still had ammo. These invaders had set fire to several homes which somehow burned green fire.

"These guys must know some alien magic if they can do stuff like that."

Lia barely had time to ponder the thought when she saw something even stranger.

A group of the larger sword wielding invaders had somehow brought a Rhyperior down to its knees( although given the height of their legs Lia wondered if they even had knees) but instead of killing it, a small black orb with a white center appeared behind the fallen Pokemon, a tether appeared from the void and latched onto the Drill Pokemon who struggled against it before being ultimately sucked into the black sphere and disappeared.

It took a moment for Lia to take in what she just saw.

"These guys aren't just killing everybody, they're kidnapping them, abducting them!"

She scanned the arena for her brother.

"Sev!"

"What!? Can't you see I am threatening this bazooka to shoot more cheese filled rockets!?"

"Forget about the bazooka! The aliens they aren't just killing people, some of them are Taking Pokemon away!"

"What! Where?"

"I don't know, but we have to tell someone about this. We also need to get the civilians to safety!"

"Ugh, fine! I suppose we can absent ourselves from battle to try and protect our fellow Pokemon."

Sev dropped the empty rocket launcher and slithered away with the Krila.

But as they ran away a thought crossed her mind.

Why are they taking people, and what are they doing to them?


Rio took down another wave of smaller aliens with a sweep of his Bone Rush, followed by an immediate Focus Blast at one of the flying aliens.

"I'm actually starting to enjoy this. How 'bout you?"

"Between you and me even I am getting too old for this," Ahmos said as he cut down another alien.

"Well then lucky for you general I happen to have a long lifespan."

Ahmos mentally rolled his eyes as he continued to kill, cutting down another alien with his sword.

But their conversation was cut short as their adversaries suddenly began to retreat.

"Look, they're leaving."

"Guess we must have scared them off."

But then both Generals saw the creatures were not running away, but regrouping.

"Looks like they don't know when to quit," Rio said as he summoned a pair of Metal Claws.

But instead of attacking again, the crowd parted way a one of the larger aliens walked forward wielding a large cleaver like sword and his eyes locked on Rio.

"Looks like they have summoned a champion," Ahmos said.

"Then he just met his match."

Rio then walked forward to challenged the Knight-like alien.


Urzok looked bemused as the canine like creature walked to him as if answering his challenger.

"I hope you fight well creature, it's been long since I was entertained."

The Knight, as Rio had decided to call it spoke in a foreign tongue before attempting to bring his sword down on the Lucario.

"Bad move."

Using an Extreme Speed to sidestep the blade, Rio struck the Knight at the legs with a critical Metal Claw.

He expected the warrior to fall on one knee, but was surprised when he didn't.

'Must have thick skin, I'll give him that.'

The Lucario tried something different and switched to an Aura Sphere which when connected with the Knight seemed to stagger him.

But the Knight quickly recovered and fired a blue bolt of energy at Rio who managed to dodge the shots.

Urzok watched as the creature evaded his attacks and tired to use a varsity of powers in an attempt to harm him.

'This one fights with spirit, his death will almost be a shame.'

Urzok tried to behead the creature as it moved again to strike him, only to see him duck and deliver another blow to his side.

It was only Urzok’s Arc shields which prevented the attacks from damaging him.

But his opponent didn't know that.

Rio looked in satisfaction as the Knight appeared to have been greatly wounded by that last Metal Claw, his foe began to clutch the area where he had struck him.

With his foe vulnerable, Rio charge forward with a Close Combat and blindly pounded the Knight with a flurry of blows that made Rio sure that his enemy was defeated.

However it was only until after he was done punching that he realized he had been hitting a black wall.

He was even more surprised when the wall dropped to reveal an unscathed Urzok the Hated.

Rio immediately tried to put some distance between him and the Knight.

Urzok was faster.

The last thing Rio heard was a loud "SLETCH!" sound before looking down to see a sword erupting through his chest.

Immediately the father of 15 began to feel the life slip away from his body.

No, I can't die! Ah have a family, a mate, Cario, Little Lu, what will they do without me? Can't let go...... must...fight for...them.....

The Auro Pokemon fell to the ground his eyes closing for the last time.


Ahmos gasped in horror as the Knight pulled his sword out of the Pokemon and watch as the lifeless body of the Lucario fell to the ground.

The General snapped out of his stupor when the Knight trained his eyes on him.

Anger and determination on mind, Ahmos charged the alien to avenge his fallen ally.

Urzok just summoned his boomer and fired one shot at his hooves, and sent the zebra sprawling into the pavement.

Ahmos cried out in pain as he clutched his broken leg. The shot had left a sizable burn on his side as the pain shot through his body.

The zebra could only lay there as the aliens begin to surround him, as if waiting for something.

"What are waiting for? Do you want me to beg monsters!? Even if I did I would not be sure if you would understand."

Urzok watched as the creature squirmed as he supposedly begged for life, (Not that he understood a word he was saying).

But he would not kill him, not yet.

First things first.

"Xyor, I have what you need."

A few minutes passed before the wizard arrived at the scene.

The Hive Wizard floated over to where Urzok was and looked down at the injured Ahmos.

"Oh yes, this will do nicely."


Verse 1:2 — The Hateful Verse

For the consideration of the Helium Court,

Written in desperation,

This sealed secret,

I am Taox, sterile mother, teacher to the children of the Osmium Throne.

As a mother, I live long. As a neuter, I can rise above the small battles of court politics.

I alone see the patterns of survival. Alone I designed the great engines that move the Osmium Court. Now —

Alone I must act to save my kingdom.

Senility has claimed my lord the Osmium King. He is ten, and mad. The study of ancient text consumes him. Today he raves about moons above the storm. Tomorrow he will wander the halls, speaking to his familiar, a dead white worm from the deep sea. He keeps it in glass, and he tends to it, and he neglects the duties of a king.

The Osmium King has three surviving heirs, each two years old:

Xi Ro, the youngest and bravest, who wants to be a knight.

Sathona, most clever, who wants to be a mother.

Aurash, navigator child, who dreams of the infinite ocean. Tomorrow she will return from the Tungsten Monoliths.

None of these are suitable heirs. None of them will protect the Osmium Court from the howling Fundament. Xi Ro can fight, but not lead. Sathona can think, but not fight. Aurash’s curiosity will draw her away from duty. I fear for all future children.

Soon the Osmium King will lock himself into the Royal Orrery to study the moons. Gather your knights, o Helium Drinkers, and invade our continent. Kill the three heirs. I will rule the Osmium Court as your regent, and build engines for you.

And if I fail, let the Leviathan in the deep eat me.

Written in grief,

This hateful request,

Taox, Osmium-mother, neutered to watch