• Published 12th Jun 2015
  • 303 Views, 7 Comments

Moving Daze - Short Stories



Experience Harmonic Brushes moving day, and her attempt to move back. This is a story for Harmonic Brush.

  • ...
1
 7
 303

...The Present is a gift you live with.

I rang the bell then ducked behind a bush off to the side of the house. The plan was that Daffodil, an obvious chatterbox, was going to distract mom while I snuck around the back to get my belongings. My pre-packed belongings. If there was anypony who would help me with this, it would probably be Lunar.

Hopefully...

The best part was, Lightning was down at Annie's house, having a sleepover, and wouldn't be back until tomorrow. Daffodil wouldn't mind. She would be too busy talking to let mom speak, anyways.

As soon as I heard "Oh, hello, Lightning's mom." I was out of the bush and at the back door, with speeds that rivaled the likes of Rainbow Dash. I knew right away the Daffodil was chatting up a storm. I could hear her all the way from here, mom attempting to get some words in.

I flew upstairs to my opened bedroom window, that my mom had been in constantly ever since I 'moved' to Cloudsdale.

I grabbed my stuff, wrote a note, and was about to leave, until I heard "Lightning isn't here, sweetie."

Oh, darn. I froze like an ice cube. Please don't blow my cover. PLEASE don't blow my cover..!!!l

"Oh, I know." Daffodil said. My whole body went stiff.

Just shut up now... I thought, desperately.

"Then why are you here?" I could hear my heart beating wildly.

"I don't really know why...Harmonic told me that I was needed for a plan, and when I asked about it, she said 'just be yourself'...?

Darn, darn, darn, drat! I was in smoking amounts of trouble. There was no way I could even try to sweet-talk my way out.

"Oh, she did, did she...?" My mom asked.

Fly! My brain screamed, but I was as stiff as a statue.

"Harmonic...could you come downstairs please...?" I SO knew that tone she held. It was basically her saying Come down here before I have to pull your whole mane out!

I was so dead.

Fly! Fly!! FLY!!! I was still stuck.

As soon as I heard mom's hoofsteps, though, I was out of there like a bullet. Fear propelled through me as I reached, what I thought, was the fastest I'd ever flown. My wings would be cramped tomorrow, but I didn't care. I flew straight to Lunar's house, and told him what happened.


"Well, why don't you go back?" he asked. He and I were sitting on the living room couch, the rest eating dinner.

"If I go back, I will die." I stressed every single word. He tried to convince me more, but I refused.

He finally gave in and let me stay with him. I miss my family, but, it's best I stay away. Besides, his house is closer to Cloudsdale.

Author's Note:

Ok, so, Harmonic's OC family dose miss her, her mom is NOT a psychopath, and...Harmonic went back two months later for Thanksgiving. She's still living happily, and her mom allows her to visit Cloudsdale once every month.

I just wanted to have 3 chapters and limit each to 500 words. Trust me, it's a bit hard to do so.

Anyways, What does Harmony - y + ic + [space] + Tooth Brush - Tooth equal?

Harmonic Brush! Follow her today and receive a free tooth brush that cost 10,000! :P

No, seriously, follow her, please. :pinkiehappy:

Comments ( 3 )

6085579
Fixed them. :)

How did you get the box around the words from my story?

Such as: "The best part was, Lightning was down at Abbie's house"
and "Harmonic Brush! Follow her today and receive a free tooth brush that cost 10,000! :P"?

Mr. Evil was here. Enjoyed the story. A bunch. (That Mom is a bit crazy)

Login or register to comment