• Published 12th Jun 2015
  • 304 Views, 7 Comments

Moving Daze - Short Stories



Experience Harmonic Brushes moving day, and her attempt to move back. This is a story for Harmonic Brush.

  • ...
1
 7
 304

The Future is Unknown...

I'm now broke because I wasted every bit I had on art supplies, so I can't move back to Cloudsdale on my own. However, I'm willing to do whatever means necessary to get back and walk on the familiar fluffy, white streets. I have two plans ready in action for this. The first one is I try to sneak in. I flew up to Cloudsdale, where I was certain there was no security. Then, I just blended in.

Well, that worked for about a week, before I tried to use my moms back-up credit card at a grocery store and they found out that, one, I wasn't mom at ALL, and secondly, we moved out of Cloudsdale. They escorted me out of the premisses to a nearby police station, when the police pegasi flew me back to my house and explained the whole problem to mom.

"Thank you for your time." Mom said. She didn't let me go upstairs. That was red flag numbers 1-100. As soon as they left, she closed the door slowly. Red flag number 101...

"HARMONIC BRUSH, WHAT IN THE WORLD MADE YOU THINK IT WAS OKAY TO GO BACK TO CLOUDSDALE?! BY YOURSELF, AS WELL? I WAS WORRIED SICK!" And, boom goes the dynamite. I almost flinched and cowered at how loud she was, and I wanted too.

But I didn't. If I've ever learned anything from constantly getting in trouble, it was to stand your ground and don't look scared.

"Sorry mom." I said clearly. "I just wanted to visit dad again." Rule number two of getting in trouble, find a good way out of it. I can make up convincing excuses like that. The best excuses are if you get on mom's soft side. The excuse I just flung at her seemed to hit her hard. She paused, staring off into space.

A few seconds later, she started sounding like a fish gasping for air, and I realized she was crying. Without warning, she pulled me in for a hug. Luckily, when she's sad like this, logic doesn't get to her that much. She didn't even question why I was visiting him for a week.

"Harmonic, I'm so-so sorry." Her voice wavered. She released me and went upstairs without another word.

Ok, Plan A failed... I thought, as soon as she left. Now for plan B. It included Daffodil Rose.


"Ooo, I get to be a part of a plan? What do I do? What do I say? What do I wear?" Daffodil chattered away. Listening to her was already giving me a headache, and I've only been with her for two seconds. She was Lightning's friend. Made sense, Lightning always had a bad choice of friends, in my humble opinion.

I put her in front of our door. "Just be yourself." I said sweetly.