• Published 19th May 2015
  • 3,266 Views, 33 Comments

Auntie Moony - EbonyDanger



Celestia loses sight of her sister for a few minutes. But those are enough for baby Luna to get into the Everfree Forest. Now Celestia has to find her sister again, while Nightmare Moon can play babysitter for a certain cub.

  • ...
2
 33
 3,266

Dragonshowdown

Luna stared at the dragon in front her. Her maw was wide just like her eyes. Her ears went back. Oh my god! She had never seen a dragon before. The beast was huge. It seemed to fill the whole cave. Claws, scales, wings, tails. It was hard to figure out where one body part ended and the other began. Apart from the obvious.

The dragon's head slowly danced around. Luna could fit in his large maw with ease. The big reptil stared down at the filly in front of him with huge, yellow, greedy eyes. Smoke came out of his nostrils. He growled and more smoke escaped between his sharp fangs.

Luna gulped. Celestia had always read her some bedtime stories. In some of these stories the hero had been „rooted to the spot“ with fear. Luna had never understood what this phrase meant. Now she had a good image, what it could mean. Her own fear clung to her and made her legs rather useless. She could not run, even if she wanted to.

The dragon growled louder and opened his maw. It started to glow orange from the inside. Then hot, burning flames shot out of the snout. They ran towards the filly, hungry to embrace her with their hot tongues. Luna shrieked in terror and shock. But before the deadly fire could reach her a purple-bluish mist shot past her and took her.

Luna screamed once again. Suddenly she felt a familiar numb pain in her neck, caused by a very certain pair of fangs. Nightmare Moon yerked her head backwards and dropped Luna on her back. „This is the thirth time this day, I've got to safe your neck, cub!“, she shouted angrily, „How can you survive with such naivety?“

Luna did not replied. She just wrapped her small arms around the snake-like neck. Her body shivered by the air, caused by Nightmare Moon's flapping wings. Behind them a thundering roar could be heard. Luna turned her head backwards. The dragon slowly came after them. It rampaged through the tunnle, hit the walls with his claws and tail, while it roared and snapped after the fleeing alicorn.

Nightmare Moon cursed and ducked away. Her wings shot through the air, fast and furious. Her mane and tail traveled behind her, caressing Luna, who hang on thight to the slender mare's neck. We have to get out of here. “He is coming closer!“, shrieked Luna as the beast used his tail to slap after them. The spikes at the end of his tail shattered some rocks and made the stones rain down on them.

The dark mare gasped and made a sharp curve. Luna heard the stones shatter on the ground. „Faster, Moonie, faster!“, she shouted. Her eyes were wide with fear. Nightmare Moon kept flying away from the dragon, but he came after them, unrelenting, unstoppable. Their fast and crazy race was now going upwards.

Nightmare Moon kept flying spirals and loopings. She did every possible trick to distract the dragon and get more space between the two of them. But for the dragon it was like he was trying to catch a sparrow. Fast maybe, but also pretty ennerving.

Luna shrieked: „He is coming closer, Moonie! Do something!“ Nightmare swirled around and again escaped the snapping yaws. While flying circles around the dragon, she spotted several stalacites. Good. This is very good. Nightmare Moon crunched her teeth and salvia ran out of the corner of her maw, sucking into her black coat. Her horn started to glow. A cyan beam shot out of the top and crashed into the celling.

The stalacites fell down on the dragon. They were not really large, but still sharp enough to wound him. The beast roared and trampled on the ground. Nightmare flew higher to avoid its tail, trashing everything. Finally the dragon stared back at the dark mare. Its maw became orange again, preparing another shot of fire.

Nightmare Moon did not waited for him to get finished. She fired another beam and cracked a hole into the celling. Her wings bashing, Nightmare stormed out of the cave, Luna on her back. Behind them a large shot of fire flew into the air in bright daylight.

***

Princess Celestia was walking through the streets of Ponyville. She had looking for Luna everywhere. She had asked all ponies, she had met, if they had seen the small, blue filly. She had looked into every shop and every house, searched the park twice. No trace of her. Nothing at all.

When dawn creeped over the sky, Celestia stopped and lowered her head. Her worries clouded her view. Where are you, little sister? Oh, Creator won't forgive me. I cannot even forgive me. Luna was just a young foal. She knew nothing about this world. And she was probably alone and frightened. What if she was trapped somewhere? In a dark cage? In a cave? In an abyss? She must have screamed her voice hoarse after her big sister.

Celestia carefully scanned the area. Maybe there was a place, she had not looked yet. The forest. Why hadn't she consider this before? Was she scared of admitting that Luna could be there? Celestia stared in the direction of the dark trees. Their leaves rustled in the wind. Then suddenley orange flames shot into the sky. And Princess Celestia forget all her doubt. „LUNA!“, she shouted and flew towards the Everfree Forest.

***

Air. It was such a refreshing experience after those tunnles, full of dust and ashes. The breaze crushed against Nightmare Moon's nostrils, which inherted them greedy. Her wings flapped furiously and she was shooting through the air. Luna had digged her hooves deep into the fog-like, darkblue mane.

The little filly turned her head around. Her ears were trembeling from the strong wind. The dragon was still very close. Luna could see her face reflected in his angry, yellow eyes. Her tiny maw opened as the dragon once again breathed fire after them.

Nightmare Moon performed a roll sideways. The ground made a dizzying turn around Luna. The small filly gulped and looked at her own tiny, feathered wings. She may not could fly yet, but she knew, she would like to fly just as good, reckless and brave as Moony did. For Tia would never dare to fly like this.

The dragon angrily turned around and almost hit a few trees. Nightmare Moon dived under a few leaves. She crunched her teeth. Then suddenley the mare headed towards a valley. „What are you gonna do, Moony?“, asked Luna, who watched her dark companion, flying on one spot, while her horn glowed cyan.

It took a few seconds for Luna to understand the spell, she was casting. Something was growing out of the earth. Whines. Long, slender, thorny whines, which twisted and enlaced as they grew. Nightmare Moon grabbed Luna at her neck and pulled her from her back. She softly dropped the filly on the ground. „Take cover, cub“, she ordered, „You will be safe beneath those Plunderwhines.“

Anxiously Luna creeped under the whines. She digged a basin underneath the bush (if one could consider it as such) and turned around. Nightmare Moon had turned around to face the dragon, which was making it's way down the way, roaring and trashing trees and bushes.

Her mane and tail slowly started to flew around her, grow longer and longer, until a giantic, blue tornado was above her head. Lightning crashed down around her and tickled her mane. Nightmare Moon spread her wings and laughed maniacally and darkly. She looked frightening, even more dangerous then the moment, she had scared the Diamond Dogs with a simple roar.

The dragon slowly came closer and stopped. He stretched his long neck, until their snouts were inches away from one another. Nightmare Moon showed her fangs and growled: „Do your worst, dragon.“ The dragon roared sharply, opened his maw and coughed out several clouds of smoke with a sick sounding squee.

„Ha!“ Nightmare Moon sounded satisfied. „I knew it. No dragon can breath fire endlessly. You need enough gas on your stomachs. Sadly you wasted your fire on our crazy chase.“ She smirked. „My magic can go endlessly.“ And as if she wanted to prove this, a few thunderclouds fromed themselves above the dragon, thunder cracked and a giantic bolt of lightning crashed down on the dragon's neck.

It howled in pain and agony. Nightmare Moon laughed. Angrily the dragon tried to slap after the winged mare, who quickly duck away. Outrageous, the dragon snapped, slapped and hit after Nightmare Moon, who avoided every single attack. Until the beast suddenley swirled around and the dark mare made contact with its massive tail. And learned on the hard way, how it feels, when a ten pound snake crushes in your side.

„Uuuhhh....“ Nightmare Moon slingered around and hit the floor, coughing.
The dragon made a rumbeling sound, which could be translated as laughter. „Moony?“, asked Luna worried. She tried to peek between the Plunderwhines, but as the ground trembled, she quickly stumbled backwards, until the sharp thornes caught her.

The dragon stood in front of her hiding place. Luna shuddered in fear. „Please“, she whimpered, „Don't hurt me.“ The big reptil smirked meanly as if it had understood what the little filly said and as if it was not caring at all. It rose one paw. At that moment an enermous, bright bust of pure sunlight crushed down on the dragon's but.

It howled in pain and buckled over. Luna looked up and could have screamed in joy. „Don't you dare to hurt my little sister!“ Celestia was flying above the dragon, her mane and tail danced and her brows were furrowed. While Nightmare Moon's fury was sharp and wild like her lightnings, Celestia had her feelings still under controll. Therefore her rage was cold and precise.

The dragon turned around and snorted. It eyed the Sun Princess as if it was not sure, what to do with this new opponent. Celestia stared into the yellow eye and furrowed her brow even more. Her glance stayed calm and strict, while her horn started to glow golden, preparing the next spell.

Luna looked around and spotted Nightmare Moon behind her hiding place. She too was flying on one spot and her horn gleemed cyan in the purpose of a new spell. Then as if there had been a silent signal both alicorns unleashed their magic. Solar energy and dark lightnings formed an enermous blast. It was as if the universe had decided to repeat the big bang and crashed it down on the dragon.

The reptil flew through the air by the force of the spell and landed with a dull Bump! on the other side. It moaned and stood up. The dragon looked back at the two winged unicorns. It learned one thing this day: It was hard to defeat one alicorn, but it was impossible to stand against two. With one last, low growl the dragon disappeared between the bushes and walked away.

***

Celestia landed on the gras of the valley and folded her wings. Luna climbed out of the embrace of the branches. „Tia!“, she shouted happily and sprinted towards her big sister. One jump and the small filly hang around the long, swan-like neck and drowned her face into the white fur. „Luna.“ Celestia responded the embrace for a couple of seconds, before she pushed her away.

Luna met with Celestia's calm, but strict and angry look. „What were you thinking?“, asked her older sister, „Running into the forest without telling me. I was sick with worry. You could have been anywhere. You could have get hurt.“ Luna dropped her head and hung her ears. She could understand Celestia's anger or at least parts of it.

The small filly caressed her shoulder and looked away, while she explained: „When we played hide and seek and you didn't found me, I got bored. I spotted a moth and followed into the forest. I did not knew it was dangerous. Besides, I was not alone. Moony had watched after me.“

„Moony?“ Celestia lifted a brow. „Who is Moony?“
Luna explained with a bright smile: „I met her in the forest. She is an alicorn just like you and she has some super amazing tricks up her sleeve. She is still here.“ Luna pointed to the point, where she had seen Nightmare Moon and her smile faded.

The space near the Plunderwhines was empty. Luna narrowed her eyes and scanned the area, hoping to find the dark mare, standing between the trees like she had done it during their first meeting, but she could not find anyone. Celestia too looked around. „Luna“, she explained, „I don't see anything. You cannot let your imagination get so carried away.“

Luna opened her maw to protest, but her big sister softly patted her head with her wings. „I guess, you are just a bit tired and exhausted“, Celestia said, smiling kindly, „After all it has been a long day. Come. Let us return home.“ She turned around and slowly started to walk off the valley.

Luna once again looked to the spot, where Nightmare Moon has been standing. Sadly she could not see her new friend. But maybe she could hear her after all. „Goodby, Moony“, Luna said and her smile was too big for her face, „Thank you for everything.“ Then the filly turned around and hopped behind Celestia to get home.

Between the leaves a dark mare moved and stood behind some trees. Her cyan, dragon-like eyes rested on the tiny, blue filly, which stumbled behind the large, white mare, its but bumping from side to side like the one of a little dog. A fair smile caressed her lips and Nightmare Moon whispered: „Goodby...Luna.“

Author's Note:

So this is the very last chapter of Auntie Moony. I always had considered this idea as something really short, therefor I had not plan such a big adventure. I hope, you all enjoyed filly Luna and Nightmare Moon. I would be really glad, if you could give me a final review what you thought about the story in general, the characters, my writing style etc. And I would like to know, if I should made more stories about the two of them and if someone has an idea.
Lots of love, Noxia

Comments ( 12 )

What a great little story, it was sweet and fun.
Nice ending for a good story, well done:twilightsmile:

Awe. I wanted to see her take Luna as her host. It would have been nice to see Nightmare moon recognize this tiny little filly as her mistress.

6047761
I guess, Nightmare Moon would have waited longer. And also, if she had baby Luna as her host, the sweet interactions between them would be gone.

6047811 It's like killing vampires the rules are whatever you make them or their interactions in this case.

6047875
Yup, that is true.

I forgot to place Track on this story, so I spent the last few hours reading it.
It really was a nice story :twilightsmile:

6197628
Thank you very much. I am glad, you liked this small comedy.

Overall, I enjoyed it. Still, grammatical errors abound around here, and that odd thing with quotations made it hard to identify when someone was speaking sometimes when I was absorbed in the story.

One of those diamonds in the rough that could shine even brighter with another polish. Now, onto the sequel!

6380579
Yes, you can thank german Libre Office for that. I should fix this quotationmark problem.

6495345
I am sorry. My grammar programm is installed for my native language which is not english.

Dawww! I didn't know Moony could be nice! :D

Login or register to comment