• Published 3rd May 2015
  • 2,829 Views, 47 Comments

Dreams & Nightmares - TheUnknownPerson



Sequel to, "A Certain Urge"/// Pinkamena has taken over Pinkie's body. Its easy to say that she has done some heinous acts with her body. If Pinkie doesn't regain control, she will fade away. She needs to fight.

  • ...
6
 47
 2,829

XVII: Epilogue

Author's Note:

I felt that the epilogue I wrote previously didn't tie the story(and the series in a whole) together like I wanted to. And thanks to good criticism from another FiM user, I thought it'd be best to re-write the epilogue. Hope you enjoy it.

And, as an FYI, this isn't the end. There will be more to come from this. Just not now.

Pinkamena, with her eyes filled with tears of joy, hugged Princess Celestia and Luna and rushed out of the room without another word. She galloped towards the drawbridge and jumped, gliding down and getting a glorious rush of nostalgia and adrenaline.

"Pinkamena, where the hay are you going?!"

Pinkamena didn't acknowledge her, too engulfed in the waves of emotions. She didn't what to express; happiness, joy, excitement, sadness, bitterness, or anger. So many thoughts and emotions were rushing through her mind, unable to focus on anything but the breeze going through her mane, the air passing beneath her wings, and the sky in front of her.

Pinkamena flapped her wings, causing her to ascend into the air and even pass through a cloud. She welcomed the familiar, warm, fluffy material.

Yes! I'm finally free from this- this curse!

Pinkamena hadn't felt this great and joyful in such a long time. And she embraced it. She embraced it like it was a warm, tender hug.

"Thank you! Thank all of you!" Pinkamena called out as she grew farther and farther away from the castle.

=================

"Pinkamena, stop!"

Pinkie leaned over the edge of the bridge, calling out to the pegasus who had once been a part of her.

"Wait a minute-?"

Pinkie felt a warm hoof rest upon her shoulder. She looked over her shoulder to see Twilight.

"It's all right, Pinkie. She'll be fine." Twilight said with a gentle voice.

Pinkie looked out to Pinkamena, who was now a distant blur and sighed.

"I guess you're right, Twi'."

"Come on; let's go back to the princesses." Twilight said. Pinkie nodded and trotted with her back into the castle and down the hallway. The smoke in the room had just cleared out, and Princess Celestia and Princess Luna were standing outside.

"Ah, Twilight. How is our new guest?"

"She jumped off the bridge and flew off."

"Shall we send the guard after her?"

"Perhaps... let's make them aware of the situation and on standby."

"Okay. But sister, thou hath not told me how she lost her wings in the first place." Princess Luna said. Princess Celestia looked over to Pinkie.

"May I?" Princess Celestia asked. Pinkie nodded. Princess Celestia leaned in towards Princess Luna's left ear and whispered what had happened to Pinkie into her ear.

"What?!" Princess Luna exclaimed. Her voice had a mixture of anger and shock.

"Yes, unfortunately. That's what I know of it."

"Where are her parents?! Where is her sister?! They should hath been thrown in the dungeon the moment thee discovered this!"

"Calm down, Lulu. I felt the same way when I heard it, but we can't just arrest them without any proof."

"Arrest?! Those... those ponies should be banished from this land!"

"I know, but we can't do that without any physical proof."

"Is her account not enough?"

"Unfortunately, yes."

Princess Luna sighed, letting the fires of her rage quell.

"I suppose thee is right. I mustn't allow my anger to get the best of me... however, I'll make sure thy parents won't go unpunished." Princess Luna said, resting her right fore-hoof on Pinkie's right shoulder. Pinkie nodded.

"Thank you."

"It is no problem at all, my little pony." Princess Celestia said, seeming to agree with Princess Luna.

=================

Two Hours Later

Fluttershy held Angel in her quivering hooves as she sat on the sofa. Her nerves were still on edge from Pinkie's visit.

"I'm so scared... do you think she'll come back?" Fluttershy asked. Angel shook his head side to side as he pushed up against her hooves, trying to escape her grip.

"I hope the normal Pinkie will come back soon. I-I miss that Pinkie." Fluttershy said. Angel continued to try and escape, seemingly ignoring her words.

"Oh, I'm sorry. Here-" Fluttershy sat Angel down on the couch beside her. Angel brushed his fur off and hopped off the couch. He hopped away, towards the kitchen. Fluttershy sighed, alone in her dark, quiet living room.

Knock
Knock
Knock

"Fluttershy, it's me again. Can I come in?"

"Yes."

The door opened, and Twilight Sparkle stepped through.

"Now, before I have something I'd like to tell you, but before I do, I'd like to explain why Pinkie was over here earlier." Twilight said. Fluttershy nodded.

"The reason why I brought Pinka- Pinkie over here was for her to apologize, as you may have noticed. But, it wasn't just me who wanted her to apologize. The reason I had the royal guard with me was, not only to protect you and I, but it was an order from Princess Celestia."

"So Princess Celestia ordered her to apologize?"

"Yes."

"Oh... so Pinkie didn't really want to apologize?"

"Well, you see, that's where the more complicated part of it comes in."

"After she apologized to you and a few more ponies, we took a carriage ride back to Canterlot. On the carriage ride, I learned for a fact that Pinkie had sort of a... alternate personality named, 'Pinkamena'. This was the pony that hurt you, not Pinkie."

"So Pinkie really didn't hurt me?"

"Yes, she didn't hurt you. However, the reason I'm telling you this is because Pinkie is outside and she wants to see you." Twilight said. Fluttershy's heart leaped in fear.

"How do we know it's Pinkie?"

"Because, in return for apologizing to everypony she hurt, Princess Celestia would separate her and Pinkamena." Twilight said. Fluttershy pondered her answer for a moment.

"Okay... I'll see her."

"All right. Let me go tell her." Twilight said. She turned back to the door and trotted to it. She cracked the door and whispered to somepony. After a moment, a familiar, pink coated pony trotted into Fluttershy's cottage.

"Er... hi."

"Hello, Pinkie Pie."

"So-" Pinkie stopped as her voice cracked, covering her mouth with her right fore-hoof. "H-how have things been for you?"

"Okay." Fluttershy said. Pinkie opened her mouth to speak, but immediately shut it as her lower lip began to quiver. The guilt of what had happened to Fluttershy that night weighed heavy on her heart. Her mane began to deflate, falling to her right side.

"Pinkie?"

Pinkie rushed up to Fluttershy, wrapping her in a hug. The guilt and shame was too much for her to handle. A blush spread across Fluttershy's face as she nearly jerked back. However, she decided against that as she felt teardrops fall into her mane.

"I-I'm so-" Pinkie gasped, trying to catch her breath from sobbing so hard. "I'm s-sorry f-for what she did!" Pinkie finished. Fluttershy returned the hug and began to gently straighten Pinkie's mane.

"It's all right... I know you couldn't help it."

"N-no it isn't. I-I should've done s-something! I should've stopped her!"

"What happened to me that night wasn't your fault-" "Yes it w-was! You were so hurt... so scared because of me!"

"It wasn't because of you, Pinkie. I don't blame you." Fluttershy said gently. Pinkie looked up at Fluttershy with a teary-eyed gaze.

"Y-you don't?"

"Of course not. I'm not angry at you or sad because of you. Twilight explained everything to me. Please don't be sad anymore."

"Do-" Pinkie gasped, her breath jittery from her incessant tears. "do you forgive me?"

"Of course." Fluttershy said truthfully. Pinkie smiled at her.

"Thank you..." Pinkie said, hugging Fluttershy tightly. Knowing that she had been forgiven lessened her grief and sorrow. Twilight watched with a smile on her face, proud of Fluttershy for not only forgiving Pinkie, but for comforting her, even after what had happened.

=================

"Are you sure you'd like your wife and daughter to be discharged, sir? I must advise you that your daughter's hoof is still healing and could be further injured."

"I'm sure. Please, just give us some antibiotics and pain medicine and we'll be on our way."

"Yes sir. I'll be back in a moment."

Marble Pie stood beside Maud Pie, allowing Maud to put some of her weight on her. After a minute or so, Nurse Redheart returned with a brown bag that contained two bottles of medication.

"That should be everything you'll need for your wife and daughter. Maud, please stay off of your hoof for a week or two; it still needs to heal."

"Okay. I'll make sure she does. Thank you." Igneous Rock said as he turned and trotted towards the exit. Marble, Limestone, Maud, and Cloudy Quartz followed behind him.

=================

Pinkamena rested atop of a small cloud, staring at Celestia's Sun dip below the top of Canterlot Castle. She sighed, finally feeling at peace.

"Thank you..." Pinkamena said quietly, sinking deeper into the cloud. Her head dipped back and her eyes shut as she rested against the cloud. She slowly began to delve into unconsciousness, however one important thought popped into her mind.

I wonder where Pinkie is...

She opened her eyes, looking to Canterlot.

I can't return there. The guards'd kill me. Maybe she's back in Ponyville.

"I didn't even thank her..." Pinkamena said, tears stinging her eyes.

"I-I need to find her."

But I can't return to Ponyville.

Pinkamena sighed.

"Guess I'm gonna have to sneak over there tonight."

=================

"Do you feel any better now?"

"Yes- much better. Thank you." Pinkie said, letting Fluttershy go.

"Good."

"Well. I think Twilight and I need to go." Pinkie said as she trotted over to Twilight.

"Oh, okay Pinkie."

"Thanks again."

"Oh, i-it was no problem Pinkie." Fluttershy said. Pinkie waved to her and trotted out of her house. Twilight and Pinkie trotted down the path in silence.

"Er... Twilight?"

"Yes, Pinkie?"

"Can I... stay with you for the night? I might need somepony to talk to later."

"Of course, Pinkie."

=================

Fluttershy let out a relieved sigh. She slumped down on her couch and closed house.

Pinkie's back...

Knock
Knock
Knock

Fluttershy opened her eyes, listening for the noise again.

"Fluttershy? Are you in here?"

"Yes. Hold on." Fluttershy said. She stood up and trotted up to her door, being met by Rainbow Dash.

"Just came in to check on you," Rainbow Dash said as she entered.

"So, how's things been?"

"All right. I just got finished talking with Pinkie-"

Fluttershy immediately closed her mouth. Rainbow Dash turned around, giving her a confused look.

"Did you just say... was Pinkie here?"

"Um... er... I..."

"Where did she go?!" Rainbow Dash said, looking around. Fluttershy burrowed deep into her mane.

"Fluttershy, you don't have to be scared. Just tell me where she went, okay?"

"S-she was with Twilight, but-" "Okay, thanks! See you later!" Rainbow Dash said, rushing out of the house and flying towards Ponyville.

"Rainbow Dash, wait!" Fluttershy said, trying to stop Rainbow Dash.

She didn't let me explain... this could be bad. Fluttershy thought. She trotted out of her house and towards Ponyville.

=================

A few Minutes Later

Pinkie sat on the couch in Twilight's living room. Spike laid beside her, sleeping on a small pillow.

"So, Pinkie, do you need to talk?" Twilight said, picking up Spike and trotting towards the her bedroom

"Er... not right now, Twi'. I don't feel very comfortable with telling anypony yet."

"All right; that's fine. Just let me know when." Twilight said before entering her bedroom. The library became silent for a moment in Twilight's absence.

Knock
Knock
Knock

Pinkie looked over at the front door, noticing the sound. She got up from the couch, trotted over to the door, and opened it.

"Hey Twi'. Have you seen-"

Rainbow Dash stopped as she looked up and saw Pinkie. Fear struck Pinkie's heart as Rainbow Dash gave her a hateful stare.

"Wait, RD, please- let me explain." Pinkie said, backing away as Rainbow Dash began to trot forward.

"Why should I? You betrayed us. You hurt Fluttershy!"

"You-you don't understand. That wasn't me-" "Oh, then who was it? Why would Fluttershy say it was you if you weren't the one who had done it?!" Rainbow Dash said, pushing Pinkie back against the arm of the couch.

"I-It was somepony else-" "Why should I believe you?! Why should I believe anything that comes out of your lying mouth?!"

"Please, calm down-" "'Calm down'?! Really?! You hurt one of my best friends and you want me to calm down?!"

"Just give me a minute to explain!" Pinkie called out above her, raising her voice. She immediately covered her mouth afterwords. Rainbow Dash let out an angered sigh.

"You have a minute to convince me not to beat the hay outta you. Use it wisely." Rainbow Dash said as she trotted over to Twilight's couch and sat down. She rested her head against the top shoulder of the couch and brought her hind-hooves up on top of the couch. Her fore-hooves rested on her chest as she waited for Pinkie to start.

"Well, you see... back when I had those dreams, they triggered me to have these... these thoughts."

"What kind of thoughts?"

"Bad ones. She kept telling me to cut off your wings or Fluttershy's. She even involved Pound in it..."

"Whoa, whoa, whoa- who is she?"

"P-Pinkamena... she is- was sort another personality of mine." Pinkie said. Rainbow Dash squeezed her hooves.

"Okay." Rainbow Dash said, an undertone of disbelief hidden in her voice.

"I was going to Fluttershy's cottage to pick up some food when Pinkamena took control of my body." Pinkie said. Rainbow Dash quietly growled in frustration.

"A-and after I regained control, she was already... a-already..." Pinkie stopped, unable to finish the sentence. Although she knew she ahd been forgiven, she still felt guilty about the situation.

"Do you honestly expect me to believe this? Do you think I'm that stupid?"

"No! It's real, I-I swear!"

"That's it- I'm done talking. Now it's time for the fun part." Rainbow Dash said,preparing to pounce on Pinkie.

"Please, RD. Just let me go get Twilight and we'll explain everything!" Pinkie said in a final, desperate attempt to change Rainbow Dash's decision.

"You've had this coming for a long time, Pinkie Pie..."

Rainbow Dash jumped onto Pinkie, causing them both to fly back onto the couch. Rainbow Dash pinned Pinkie's hind-hooves down with her lower body as she held her fore-hooves up in front of her face, preparing to punch Pinkie. Pinkie held her fore-hooves above her face as she braced for whatever Rainbow Dash had in store and closed her eyes.

"What the hay's going on in here?"

Pinkie opened her eyes, seeing Twilight standing in front of them.

"Twilight? What the hay were you doing with her?!"

"She's been having trouble with her dreams lately, so I'm going to try to help her. Now get off of her."

"Have you forgot everything that this- this traitor did to us- to Fluttershy?!"

"Rainbow Dash, please calm down and step away from Pinkie. I'll explain everything to you after you get off of her."

Rainbow Dash had her right fore-hoof cocked back, ready to swing at Pinkie. She hesitated for a moment before sighing and putting her hoof down and began to get up off of Pinkie. After a moment, Rainbow Dash stood at the side of the couch, facing away from Pinkie.

Knock
Knock
Knock

"Hello? Pinkie, Twilight?"

"It's open."

Fluttershy stepped in, a worried expression spread across her face. Her face turned pale as she saw Rainbow Dash and Pinkie standing beside each other, facing away from each other.

"Oh no... was I too late?"

"Right on time..." Rainbow Dash sighed.

=================

Half a Hour Later

"So, let me get this straight... Pinkie has an alternate personality named, 'Pinkamena' that took control of her body and did all this stuff?"

"Had. Princess Celestia separated them just a few hours ago."

"Only in Ponyville..." Rainbow Dash said jokingly, the glow of Celestia's setting sun brightening her face.

"S-so, a-are you two okay?"

"Yes, for now. But, will I have to worry about Fluttershy, or any of us for that matter, getting hurt by Pinkamena?"

"We're not too sure... Pinkamena hasn't showed up yet, so I guess we don't have to worry too much. Just be wary."

"All right... sorry about earlier, Pinkie." Rainbow Dash said. Pinkie nodded and trotted up to hug her, but felt a hoof holding her back.

"We're on okay terms, but I don't think we're quite there yet. I'm still not totally sold on this story. Sorry."

"Oh, it's all right. I-I get it." Pinkie said. She knew why Rainbow Dash did what she did, but it still saddened her a bit.

"Well, I've got to run. Tank needs some food and I need to soak this all in. See you all later." Rainbow Dash said, trotting towards the doorway

"I need to go too. Goodnight." Fluttershy said. She trotted out behind Rainbow Dash, shutting the door behind her. The room became quiet as the sound of the door shutting echoed throughout the room. Pinkie sighed as she trotted over to the couch and laid down.

"Everything okay, Pinkie?"

"Yeah. it's just been a long day, and I'm really tired."

"Oh-" Twilight's hoofsteps echoed around the room. "I'll let you get some rest. Just let me know if anything happens overnight or if you need to talk, okay?"

"All right. Goodnight Twi'."

"Goodnight."

=================

"I can't do this- I can't do this- I can't do this..."

Pinkamena paced atop of a cloud overlooking Ponyville.

"I don't even know where Pinkie is. She could still be in Canterlot for all I know. What the hay am I even supposed to say?"

Pinkamena stopped at the edge of the cloud.

"If I go down there, there could be guards waiting for me... if I don't, I won't get to talk with Pinkie."

They could have came with guards. And... and I-I can't- I won't get caught. I can't let Princess Luna or Celestia think that I'm still want to hurt ponies.

Pinkamena backed away from the edge, planning on leaving the vicinity of Ponyville. She stared at the Sugarcube Corner and sighed.

I've hurt her... hay, I've hurt so many ponies and animals in the past few months... I can't be a coward now. It's too late to be worried about being arrested. I'm not going to leave her behind- not after what she did for me.

Pinkamena glided down the cloud, aiming to land in front the Golden Oaks Library.

=================

Pinkie laid on Twilight's couch, staring at Luna's rising moon through and open window. She sighed, unable to sleep.

"What if Celestia was right..." She quietly said. "What if she didn't change?"

Pinkie thought of everything that Pinkamena had done to her- to her friends.

I-it was selfish of me to do. She's my burden to bear. I could've just helped a murderer get away...

Pinkie shut her eyes, allowing Luna's moonlight to sooth her doubts. However, for a moment, the moonlight's glow seemed to be interrupted. She opened one eye, seeing a pegasus flying in front of the moon before going out of her sight.

What's somepony doing out this late?

Knock
Knock
Knock

Pinkie turned to the door. She quietly got up from the couch(not wanting to wake Spike or Twilight), trotted to the door, and opened it.

Standing at the other side was an all too familiar pony.

Pinkamena.

Pinkie's heart dropped as she took a step back, fearful of what Pinkamena would do.

"Er... look, I-I know you probably don't want to ever see me again after everything I did. But please, just give me a few minutes to speak and I promise you'll never have to see me again." Pinkamena said. Pinkie nodded and swallowed, her throat suddenly dry.

"I just wanted to thank you. You helped me get back something I loved to do, even after everything I did to you."

"It's all right."

"No- it's not. I want to know what I can do for you in return."

"What?"

"I-I want to help you."

Pinkie stared at Pinkamena, a bit surprised by the way she had changed.

She seems so different... maybe she has changed.

"Okay... starting the day after Hearth's Warming Day, you and I'll start to meet. Every other day. I need to know what you've changed for certain. And you must promise that you won't hurt anypony ever again unless you're trying to protect yourself."

"I promise."

"Pinkie Promise?"

Pinkamena sighed.

"Really?"

"I need to know you're being honest."

Pinkamena sighed again as she help up her right fore-hoof.

"Cross my heart, hope to fly, stick a cupcake in my eye." She recited, not enthused by the words.

"All right. I believe you. Remember, after Hearth's Warming Day in a few months."

"Okay." Pinkamena said, becoming silent afterwords.

"Well, I think I should go."

"Okay. I'll see you in a few months."

"Bye." Pinkamena said as she began to trot away.

"Oh, and Pinkie?" She said, stopping.

"Yeah?"

Pinkamena rushed up to Pinkie and hugged her.

"Thank you. Really."

Pinkie smiled and hugged her back.

"You're welcome."

=================

Marble trotted beside her father, letting Maud put some weight on her. Her mother trotted in silence as Limestone sat on her father's back, sound asleep. She herself was pretty tired as well, but wouldn't allow it; Maud needed her.

"Marble, I'm fine with trotting by myself for awhile."

"But what about your hoof-" "I'll be fine. If I stumble, you'll be there to catch me."

Marble nodded and hesitantly set her hoof down. Maud limped beside her, her chest still covered by a small blanket on of the nurses had given them. Some of the message engraved into her chest poked up at the top of her chest.

Father never told me what that message was about... m-maybe I should- no. Father said I'd know when I was old enough.

Marble tried to block out her thoughts telling her to ask, but the temptation and curiosity of it was just too much for her.

"Um... father, if you don't mind me asking, w-what does that message on Maud's chest about? And what was that thing you and mother were a-arguing about in the hospital?"

Igneous stopped in front of her, causing Marble to bump into him and fall back.

"F-father?" Marble asked, fearful that she had angered him. He looked over his shoulder at her with a saddened glare.

"Nothing my foal. Nothing."

=================

Comments ( 2 )

6108130
It’s even worse…

She was in her right mind as Pinkie is the fake one. Which is why the most likely ending will be the saddest; her body stolen again and never receiving the help she needs…

The ending was better and worse than I could imagine. Celestia's (and the guard's/Twilight's) reaction and treatment of the emotionally damage Pinkamena is on par with cannon. And the real monsters of this series get away (almost) scot free. I wish them horrible dreams for twelve years to come.

Login or register to comment