• Published 3rd May 2015
  • 2,828 Views, 47 Comments

Dreams & Nightmares - TheUnknownPerson



Sequel to, "A Certain Urge"/// Pinkamena has taken over Pinkie's body. Its easy to say that she has done some heinous acts with her body. If Pinkie doesn't regain control, she will fade away. She needs to fight.

  • ...
6
 47
 2,828

VII: The Battle

Author's Note:

Hello. I've worked day and night to get this out. Hope you enjoy it.

Pinkamena entered the dream-state. She glanced over at the cell, seeing a pink hoof sticking out of the door, motionless.

"Pinkie! I'm back." Pinkamena called out as she trotted towards the cell. She pushed Pinkie's left hind-hoof inside before she opened the cell door. Pinkie's tangled mane covered the majority of her face, only leaving her snout and her closed right eye visible. Her left fore-hoof slightly poked out of the hole in her straitjacket, but the hole was too small for it to fit through. The had been unstrapped at one side of her face, resting beside her. Her hind-hooves were propped up against the bed spring

"Pinkie?" Pinkamena said as she stepped into the cell and kicked the pony in the ribs. Pinkie didn't respond or even flinch. She kicked her again, this time in the head, and much harder.

"I knew you couldn't last too much longer. Surprised you got out of that muzzle at all." Pinkamena said with a large smirk.

"Or so you thought"

Slam

Pinkamena, upon hearing the familiar voice and the slam, looked back. Pinkie had locked her inside the cell.

"Pinkie, how did you get out?!" Pinkamena said as she rushed towards the bars. She pulled against the bars, but they wouldn't budge.

"Well, if you what you say is true, it may be your body, but it's my mind as well!"

"You have no idea what you're doing to yourself!"

"It'd be better than being trapped in a cell with you!"

"That's it!" Pinkamena said. The bars blasted off of there hinges. Pinkie ducked to the ground, narrowly missing the bars. Pinkamena stood in front of Pinkie, a knife now held in between her teeth.

"If you won't fade, then I'll force you to!" Pinkamena said as she spat out the knife before picking it up with her right fore-hoof. She approached Pinkie.

"You're not gonna make me do anything..." Pinkie said with confidence.

"And how exactly are you gonna stop me?" Pinkamena questioned as she grew ever closer to Pinkie.

"Like this." Pinkie said as she stomped on the ground. However, nothing seemed to happen.

"Ooooh... I'm so scared." Pinkamena said in a mocking tone.

"You should be." Pinkie said as she looked at Pinkamena with a confident grin. Suddenly, something wrapped around Pinkamena.

"What?!" Pinkamena said as she felt some sort of strap wrap around her neck, making it difficult to breathe.

"We're taking back control!"

Pinkamena caught a small glimpse of a messy pink mane, identical to Pinkie's.

"You forgot about my clone in the cell..."

"You -ah-" Pinkamena stopped, unable to speak. She flipped the knife to where the tip was pointing towards the Pinkie clone and stabbed into it.

"Ah!"

Pinkamena felt the strap slightly loosen, allowing her to get a breath of air. She grabbed the strap and lifted it off of her head, letting it fall away from her body. Pinkamena turned around and looked at the Pinkie clone, her knife sticking out from her stomach. She grabbed the knife and began to drag it up her body, making sure that it dragged against her bones and organs.

"A-ah!" The clone called out as the knife passed through her flesh. Pinkamena continued to push the knife into her body, making sure it was very painful. She kept doing this until the clone's eyes closed.

"This is what's gonna happen to you, Pinkie!" Pinkamena said as she turned around and was met with... surprisingly nothing. Pinkie wasn't in her line of vision.

"Pinkie! Where are you?! I'm ending this right now!" Pinkamena said as she began to look around, searching for the pink party pony. A few moments went by with no sign of Pinkie.

Boooom-whoooooooo

Pinkamena felt something hit her in the ribs with much force. She was immediately knocked into the air because of the immense force. Confetti sprayed in her face and mane, momentarily blinding her.

"Ahg!" Pinkamena called out as she felt the pain coming from her side. She landed with a thud against the ground. Her ribs and right side burned painfully.

"Ow..." Pinkamena quietly said as she slowly picked her head up and tried to look at what caused such an intense force. Her vision was blurry at first from the confetti, but once she focused she saw Pinkie standing behind a party cannon. The barrel of the party cannon was smoking.

"Pinkie... I'm going to- ah!" Pinkamena said as she tried to stand up, but collapsed back onto the ground due to the pain in her ribs.

"Hey, Pinkamena! That was for Fluttershy!" Pinkie called out as she was reloading the party cannon with one of the barrels. Pinkamena hit her hooves against the ground and braved through the pain. She stumbled as she trotted towards Pinkie.

"I'm going to kill you... then it'll be Cheese," Pinkamena said as she trotted towards Pinkie

"Sure you will." Pinkie said as she started to fire the party cannon again. The cannon fired, but no confetti came out.

"Huh?" Pinkie said as she looked at the cannon, confused. She looked at the top of the cannon, seeing that it was blocked by some sort of metal lid.

"Oh no!" Pinkie said. The party cannon suddenly exploding, blasting Pinkie back by a few feet. Shrapnel cut into her right fore-hoof, sending a jolt of pain up her hoof.

"You'd better start running. I'm not leaving here until you're gone." Pinkamena said as she trotted towards Pinkie, who was still lying on the ground. Pinkie shook her head before stumbling up and rushing away.

Pinkamena sighed. She had at least a moment recover.

"My ribs..." Pinkamena groaned as she rubbed her side, trying to numb the pain.

=====================

Pinkie hid in a small trench that she had just made on the ground. She sat down and let herself recover for the moment.

"Dang it... I wasn't expecting that." Pinkie said as she let her head rest against the dirt. She made a small bottle of water appear in front of her and poured it over her right fore-hoof, washing out the piece of metal that had lodged in her hoof in the explosion.

"I can't let her get the upper-hoof." Pinkie said as she dragged herself out of the trench and trotted towards the next party cannon she had set up.

=====================

Pinkamena transformed her small knife into a large machete. She as prepared for whatever Pinkie could throw at her.

"She thinks she's gotten me beat..." Pinkamena said to herself.

"I've still got a few tricks up my sleeve. Somethings that will push this in my favor." She said to herself as she began to run her hoof up and down the blade of her machete.

"Now, let's find her." Pinkamena said as she began to trot, looking for Pinkie.

"Come out, Pinkie..."

"Okay. Since you won't come to me, then I'll come to you."

Boooom-whoooo

Pinkamena recognized the sound immediately and she ducked down. The ball of confetti narrowly missed her. She looked over to where it was fired and saw Pinkie.

"You shouldn't have done that, Pinkie!" Pinkamena called out as she rushed towards Pinkie.

"Shoot!" Pinkie said to herself as she hastily tried to reload the cannon. Before she got the chance to, Pinkamena jumped over the cannon and stabbed Pinkie in the shoulder.

"Ah!" Pinkie said as she felt the pain on her shoulder. She pushed Pinkamena and the machete off of her and rushed away. Pinkamena picked up the machete and hastily followed behind.

"You aren't escaping!" Pinkamena called out as she chased behind.

Pinkie galloped away from Pinkamena, trying to escape her. Pinkamena followed behind her closely.

"I've gotta use one of the last resorts..."

Pinkie changed the surroundings in front of her, from a wide, flat grassland to a small, cramped barn containing her parents, sister, and a pegasus foal named Pinkamena.

"Hey, Pinkamena! You think you can stop me?!" Pinkie taunted, hoping to further the chase long enough. They were only a few feet away from the entrance to the farm. She hid behind the wagon in the corner as Pinkamena entered.

"Oh, I certainly-" Pinkamena said as she entered the barn. Pinkie sneaked outside as Pinkamena realized the situation she was in.

"No..." Pinkamena said as she immediately recognized the area. Tears stung her eyes.

"Mom! Please help! I'll never talk back to you again! I'll be the nice, obedient little filly! Just don't take my wings!" The blinded, small filly pleaded with her parents. Igneous held the knife against her wings.

"No! No, no, no!" She called out as tears rolled down her cheeks. Pinkamena looked back at where she came from, but the barn doors had disappeared.

"No! I need to get out of her, now!" Pinkamena began to desperately look for an exit. There were no barn doors or windows for her to exit.

"Mom! Dad! Someone get me outta here!"

"Pinkie! You'd better let me outta here!" Pinkamena called out as she banged against the wall.

"Wait! I can just dream this away! Y-yeah!" Pinkamena said as she tried to focus on something else besides those horrid memories. Her thoughts were racing, and her heart pounded.

"I-I can't focus!"

"Dad! Please don't do it! I'll do anything... I'll... I'll..." Pinky pleaded with her parents.

"Come on! Think of something else Pinkamena! Think of something to get me outta here!" She said, panicking. Tears fell from her eyes as she felt an emotion that she wished to have never feel again.

Helplessness.

"I can't do it! I'm so sorry Pinky!" Igneous said as he dropped the cleaver and hugged the foal.

"Don't you dare say that you bucking liar! You were going to do it to me and you know it!!" Pinkamena said as she turned to her father. She knew that he couldn't hear her, but it distracted her from her current situation.

"Please forgive us Pinky! We're so sorry" Cloudy said as she rushed over to the filly and wrapped her in a hug.

"You should've done something! You should've stopped Maud before she laid a hoof on me! You just stood there, either sobbing or just standing there helping them!" Pinkamena said angrily to her mother.

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!" The filly screamed as Maud cut off her wings.

Pinkamena covered her ears. However, the words could still be heard. She began to pound against the walls of the barn, hoping to break through.

=====================

"Let me out! I can't take this anymore!"

Pinkie sat against the wall outside of the barn, listening to Pinkamena's pleas. She tried to block out the screams, overwhelmed by guilt.

"I didn't wanna do this, Pinkamena... but you forced my hoof."+

"Pinkie, you'd better let me outta here right now! I-I'll hurt you when I get out of here!"

Pinkie couldn't stand the fact that she was doing something like this to somepony.

"Why do I feel so bad? She's done all these things to my friends... my family... me, but I still feel guilty..."

Crack

Pinkie jumped at the sound, standing up and trotting away from the wall. She looked at the origin of the sound and saw what looked like a bloody blade sticking out of the wooden board she was sitting beside. It pulled back and stabbed back into the wall under the original stab. A pink hoof went through the wood and pulled it's self back into the barn.

"Oh no..." Pinkie said as she looked at the scene. The hoof began to pull the boards in, almost like it was trying to make an exit. Pinkie rushed up to the wall and pushed against the wall, trying to keep her inside.

"Pinkie... please."

Pinkie stopped pushing as she heard Pinkamena's whimper. She backed away from the board, allowing Pinkamena to break the board and grab the board beside her.

"What happened?! Why can't I feel my left wing!?"

Pinkie looked up and saw Pinkamena's face. Her face was stained with tears. She was covering her right ear with her free fore-hoof.

"Please... p-please make it stop." Pinkamena said, her voice filled with sadness. Pinkie hesitated for a moment, but after hearing her whimpering, she couldn't bear to hear her in such distress anymore. She pulled the boards out from beside her, breaking them away to create a path for her. Pinkamena rushed out, dropping the machete and collapsing to the knees.

"W... why?" She glanced up to Pinkie, eyes full of tears.

"You left me no ch-choice. I'm sorry."

She stared at the ground, trembling slightly. "I... I can feel them moving."

"What?"

"My wings." She said woefully.

"Uh... I..." Pinkie stumbled over her words. Pinkamena turned to Pinkie and wiped her eyes

"Go." Pinkamena simply said.

"W... what?"

"I'm gonna give you a minute or two to run. So, go." Pinkamena said. Pinkie seemed suspicious at first, but she rushed over to her party cannon and took it with her as she ran. After Pinkie was far away, Pinkamena sighed and buried her hooves in her face and let the tears flow down her face.

"I was so scared... so helpless," Pinkamena said as she recalled the event that had just happened a few minutes ago. "I-I felt like that scared little filly again..." Tears rolled down her cheeks.

"Why do I have to be tormented by those memories?! I just wish I could forget all of it!" Pinkamena exclaimed. She slammed her hooves against the ground in anger. Pinkamena let out a few deep breaths before speaking again.

"Calm down, Pinkamena...she's just trying to get into your head... I need to focus on killing her." Pinkamena said. She took in a few more deep breaths before getting up and creating a small knife and began to follow her hoof-steps.

=====================

Pinkie held the small party cannon under her shoulder as she ran towards the trench.

"Ah..." Pinkie groaned as she felt the pain come from her shoulder. She wanted to grab it to try and at least alleviate some of her pain but was unable to because she was running. Pinkie ran into her trench, sat the party cannon down, and grabbed her shoulder.

"Buck!" Pinkie said as she felt the intense pain from the stab wound. An ice-pack appeared in front of her, which she immediately put on his shoulder. She moaned in relief as she felt the pain slightly numb.

"That's much better." Pinkie said as a small, goofy smile spread across her face. She looked over at her party cannon.

"Okay... one of the party cannons has been destroyed, one is all right, but I don't think I'll be able to get to it with Pinkamena looking for me, so I guess that this one'll have to do." Pinkie said. She leaned over and looked in the loading spot; she still had a ball of confetti inside.

"That'll be good if Pinkamena finds me." Pinkie said as she went back to her prior spot. She didn't really have much to do in the small trench.

"I could probably heal my shoulder." Pinkie said. She lifted up the ice-pack. The pain was, but there still was a large wound on her shoulder.

"Oh well..." Pinkie said as she disposed of the ice-pack.

"I knew it'd stir up her emotions, but I didn't mean for her to have a breakdown." Pinkie said as guilt filled her voice.

"I mean, she is keeping me away from my friends... she's hurt my family... why do I still care about her?"

"Maybe what she said was true... maybe I am just an imaginary friend who took over..." Pinkie quietly said. She thought about the possibility for a few minutes.

"I don't know!" Pinkie said, admitting defeat.

"Pinkie... come out?"

Pinkie shut her mouth tightly. She grabbed the party cannon and put it at the trench entrance as an extra precaution.

"Hm. A trench."

Hoof-steps could be heard approaching the trench. There was something dragging on the ground.

Pinkie had her hoof on the firing button, ready to fire. Her nerves were on edge as it was, and the waiting for Pinkamena to enter wasn't helping.

Crack

Pinkie pressed the button, causing the confetti to shoot out the end of the barrel of the cannon.

"That was a mistake, Pinkie..."

Pinkie watched as Pinkamena entered the small trench, her machete in her hoof. She began to crawl back until her back hit the edge of the trench. Pinkamena put her machete to Pinkie's chest with some pressure.

"You shouldn't have shown me those memories, Pinkie." Pinkamena said as she put more pressure on her chest. Pinkie had become petrified from fear.

"You made me remember how helpless I felt... how afraid," Pinkamena said as her voice trembled. She wiped the tears away from her eyes.

"The pain in my wings... they hurt so much." Pinkamena said as more tears stung her eyes. The pressure against Pinkie's chest lightened slightly. Pinkie finally worked up the courage to speak.

"P-Pinkamena... I-I know you're angry... but p-please... you don't have to t-take it out on everyone else."

"Well, then what am I supposed to do, huh?! How am I supposed to forget that those animals cut off my wings?!" Pinkamena said as she glared angrily at Pinkie with teary-eyes.

"I need to distract myself from the memories... I can't go back to that place-- I can't!" Pinkamena quietly said as she looked down at the ground. The blade slowly fell from Pinkie's chest to her stomach.

"I-I could distract you! You said that I used to distract you when you were younger like you said!"

"It doesn't work anymore. I need something more." Pinkamena said. She shakily lifted her blade back up to her chest and began to push it into her.

"Pinkamena, this isn't you! What happened to that innocent, fun-loving filly I saw in those flashbacks?!" Pinkie asked.

"That filly died when her wings were taken away." Pinkamena said. Pinkie felt the pressure on her chest increase once more. She grabbed the blade and tried the push it away.

"Get away!" Pinkie said as she pushed the machete out of Pinkamena's hoof, causing it to land at the far-side of the trench. Pinkamena rushed for the machete as Pinkie went for her party cannon. She grabbed the party cannon and grabbed one of the barrels of confetti. Pinkamena rushed towards her with the blade. Pinkie tried to load the party barrel, but the shakiness in her hooves was making it difficult.

"Come on!"

"Stop that!" Pinkamena said as she came closer to Pinkie. Pinkie finally loaded the confetti into party cannon and fired, hitting Pinkamena directly in the chest. Pinkamena landed with a thud.

Pinkie coughed as the smoke cleared from the cannon.

"Pinkamena?" Pinkie asked as she got up. She trotted over to Pinkamena, who seemed unconscious. Pinkie let out a sigh of relief as she dragged herself out of the trench.

Sni-sni

Pinkie looked back at trench(which was the origin of the sound). She saw Pinkamena in a fetal position, tears leaking from her eyes.

"Just forget her... take control." Pinkie said to herself as she yearned herself to trot away, but she just... couldn't go. She sighed and went back down to the trench.

"W-what do you want? You've won. Take back control..." Pinkamena said as Pinkie entered.

"Honestly? I don't know." Pinkie said as she picked up the machete and threw away from Pinkamena. She sat down beside Pinkamena.

"Will you just go away-ah!" Pinkamena said. She clenched her chest.

"Not yet..."

"Why did you come back? Y-you hate me... I've hurt-hurt you for so long."

"I don't like to see ponies cry... even you. And I don't hate you." Pinkie said. Pinkamena turned away from Pinkie.

"Go. Away. Now." Pinkamena said bitterly, making sure to keep her face out of Pinkie's sight.

"No. I know that you aren't completely an evil pony."

"You sure about that?"

"One-hundred and fifty percent sure. You've just been hurt so much that the fun-living filly I first saw is being covered up by all that pain."

"I said go away!" Pinkamena said as she got up and moved away from Pinkie. She put up a wall in a trench separating her from Pinkie. Pinkie sighed.

"I'll be back in a day." Pinkie said as she went out of the trench and began to take control.

=====================

Pinkie woke up in Cheese Sandwich's guest bedroom. She jolted up in the bed.

"Am I in control?" Pinkie asked herself. She pinched herself and felt a dull pain. She smiled.

"Yes..." Pinkie said, welcoming the pain. She had gained control.

=====================