• Published 3rd May 2015
  • 2,828 Views, 47 Comments

Dreams & Nightmares - TheUnknownPerson



Sequel to, "A Certain Urge"/// Pinkamena has taken over Pinkie's body. Its easy to say that she has done some heinous acts with her body. If Pinkie doesn't regain control, she will fade away. She needs to fight.

  • ...
6
 47
 2,828

IV: Determination

Author's Note:

Ok, I'm back. I apologize if this chapter isn't as well written. I'm still not back in the swing of writing everyday. I hope you enjoy it

Pinkie rested her head against the bed for a moment. Her cheek throbbed against the hard mattress..

I'm gonna get out... I just need to figure another way.

Her strands of her mane held in front of her face. She tried to shake it out, but it just caused more to fall.

Is anything gonna go the way I want to today?!

Not as long as I'm here.

Will you leave me with my own thoughts?! You've already done enough to me!

Fine. I'm just chiming in whenever I feel like it.

Thank you!

Pinkie took a few deep breaths and calmed herself. She began to look around her cell, trying to find anything that could cut the straight jacket or help her get the strap off. The cell was very basic; it had a row of what Pinkie guessed was metal bars blocking the entrance and exit, the walls were made up of some sort of concrete, the bed was almost fully made up of metal springs with a dirty mattress atop of the springs.

The bars haven't worked, the walls wouldn't work. I could cut the strap off with one of the metal springs...

Pinkie wiggled over to the bed. She used her jaw the mattress off of the bed and looked for a sharp spring that was close to her.

C'mon... come... there!

Pinkie spotted a spring was on the row closest to her. It had a bend in it that made the jagged tip of the spring point to the side. She leaned in towards it and began to move the right side of her head up and down beside the point, trying to cut off the muzzle.

Snap

Pinkie felt some of the tension on her right cheek release, however, the muzzle was still attached to her face. Suddenly, a jolt of pain. Pinkie jerked away from the bed with a masked grunt, causing her to fall back to the ground with a thud. Blood ran down the side of her face.

Of course... She used her shoulder to wipe it away as she stood herself up, leaning back towards the bed.

Ssssssnap

Pinkie felt the pressure of the muzzle around her mouth disappear.

"Yes! Ha, hear that, Pinkamena?! I got out of the muzzle!" Pinkie called out, finally victorious over the muzzle. Pinkamena wasn't in sight, nor could be heard anyplace near the cell.

"Now I've just gotta work on the straitjacket..."

"I could probably cut it with the same spring." Pinkie said as she examined her view of the straitjacket, trying to find the best place where to cut.

"I probably need to cut at the hoof so I can rip it away with my hoof when I get enough leeway." Pinkie affirmed to herself. She leaned down and used her teeth to hold the straight jacket as she cut through the jacket. As soon as the spring pulled out of the cut, the cut began to sew itself back together.

"What the...?" Pinkie said as she looked down at the jacket, thoroughly confused.

"Oh... you're messing with me, aren't you Pinkamena? It isn't funny." Pinkie called out.

But it is very funny to see you look around like a school-filly who has just been given a hard math test. Besides, I thought somepony like you would find anything funny.

"What do you mean by, 'somepony like me'?"

Oh, nothing. Just that I thought somepony as dumb as you would find anything funny.

"Hey! I don't find everything funny!" Pinkie said defensively.

Oh really?

"Just because I can see the fun in a lot of things doesn't mean I'm dumb! " Pinkie said, assured of herself. Pinkamena laughed.

I think it does...

"Grrr..."

Seems like you're annoyed, hm?

"Just stay on track, Pinkie... you'll cut out of this jacket and get out of here. She's just trying to distract you." Pinkie reassured herself and tried to ignore Pinkamena.

You have so much false hope it's sad.

Pinkie ignored Pinkamena's comment once more and continued to cut down the jacket, making a small one below her left fore-hoof.

Suddenly, the cement blocks around her became translucent. There was a dark pink blurry object moving behind the now-translucent walls.

"I'm going to toy with you a bit more..."

Pinkie sighed as Pinkamena began to circle around the cell like a predator hunting its prey, thoroughly tired with her mind games.

"You think that's gonna stop me from getting out of here?" Pinkie said as she continued to try and cut the straight jacket. The moving object changed from being dark pink to being a familiar shade of buttercup yellow.

"Why did you do this to me, Pinkie?"

"No--" Pinkie stopped dead in her tracks. "Y-you're not her. Stay on track." Pinkie began cutting at it again, making the cut wider.

"I'm so hurt... so lonely. I'll never s-see my animals again..." The voice sounded like it was on the verge of tears.

"It's not real..." Pinkie tried to ignore Fluttershy's pitiful voice, but the sound of her voice in pain and sadness was almost too much for her to bear. Tears pooled in her eyes as she heard her dear friend whimper.

"S-stay on track..." She told herself again, trying to focus on cutting the straitjacket.

"I-I'm in so much pain..."

"Stop Pinkamena!" She called out as she shut her eyes tightly, tears now streaming out of her eyes. The object continued to circle around the cell, slightly limping.

"I feel so-so betrayed by you... w-why did you do this to me, Pinkie?" The voice said. Suddenly, the translucent walls became transparent for a moment; revealing Fluttershy's bloody and cut body right in front of Pinkie. Pinkie leaned back, hitting the back of her head against the wall behind her.

"Stop it! It wasn't me, Fluttershy! I'm sorry!" Pinkie stood up as quickly as she could, rushing over to the wall in front of her. The second she reached it, the walls became opaque once again.

"Stop this, Pinkamena! I'm tired of these games!" Pinkie called out.

"I'm not gonna let her win..." Pinkie said, still determined to get out of the cell. Her eyelids hung heavily, for whatever reason. Perhaps from Pinkamena, or her own emotional exhaustion?

I can't let her get to me... I won't allow her to distract me.

===============

Fluttershy woke up in her newly cleaned bed, her pink mane in a pile across her face. After a moment or two of waking, she saw by the cub and Angel Bunny sitting at the end of her bed, looking at her. Apparently, they had been sitting there, worried about her. The previous night was a bit fuzzy. Mainly because of the painkillers they had given her.

"Hello... I'm so glad to be back with you all." Fluttershy said as she petted the animals one-by-one. The cub accepted and returned the affection. Angel crossed his arms and pretended not to care, but he couldn't help but crack a small smile when she petting him lovingly.

"Excuse me..." Fluttershy quietly said as she leaned up and scooted off the bed. Her hooves were still a bit sore, but they didn't hurt half as much as when she first arrived at the hospital. She trotted into the living room and looked at the clock hanging over her couch.

9:30 A.M

"Oh my... I slept in. I've got to fix the animals from breakfast." Fluttershy said as she trotted towards the kitchen. The carrot stew and blood had been cleaned since she had last been there, more likely than not by Twilight or the other Elements. The area brought on a few bad memories, which she tried to push out of her mind. She trotted over to her refrigerator and opened it's doors.

"Let's see..." Fluttershy said as she pulled out all sorts of different fruits and vegetables. She pulled out a large carrot and turned to Angel, who was now hopping, trying to grab the carrot.

"Okay..."-Fluttershy grabbed one of the carrots out of the refrigerator, broke it in half, and gave one of the halves to Angel-"there you go dear." Fluttershy said. Angel quickly snatched it out of her hooves and hopped off. Fluttershy turned back to the refrigerator and began to look again. She grabbed two apples from the bottom shelf, sat one of them in front of the birds, and sat the other in front of the cub.

"There you go. That should hold you over until I finish the actual breakfast." Fluttershy said as she shut the refrigerator door. She trotted over to her back door.

"Okay... now, I've just got to feed the rest..." Fluttershy took a look outside of the window, the sunlight nearly blinding her at first. When her vision cleared, she saw a crowd of animals, pooled at the outskirts of the Everfree Forest.

===============

Pinkie scraped the straitjacket against the broken spring, trying to brush off the horrid memories she had relived. She pushed down into the hole she had made previously beside her left fore-hoof, scratching her. She moved her hooves from side to side rapidly, trying to widen the cut, stopping after a moment to look.

The cut hadn't widened at all. Pinkie groaned as she rested her hooves against the springs. Her head hung in exhaustion.

"Tired, are we?"

"Shut up..." Pinkie said. Her patience had run thin, especially after what she had just done.

"I'll take that as a yes. Hm... didn't expect that." Pinkamena said in mocking tone.

"What do you mean?"

"I thought you would've worked yourself a bit harder to see your friends again. I'm actually surprised."

"Wha-" Pinkie became confused for a moment. Then, she remembered what Pinkamena said.

"If I can regain control of you and keep control of you for a certain amount of time, let's say a few days to a week, you'll fall into a deep sleep like I did."

"N-no! I'm n-not!" Pinkie called out as she shook her head, trying wake herself up.

"Oh yes, dear. I expect you won't make it another day."

"I'll g-get outta here!" Pinkie said as she moved her hooves feverishly, trying to cut the jacket.

"Sure you will dear. Now, if you'll excuse me, I must go do my own things." Pinkamena said as she moved out of sight. Pinkie didn't bother to try to listen to Pinkamena's comment. She had to see her friends again. If not only to make sure Pinkamena didn't hurt another one of them ever again.

She's lying! I will get outta here before I fade away!

===============

Fluttershy wiped her brow as she put four bowls down onto the counter. They all were filled with different fruits and nuts.

"Whew... now I just need to set them out for the rest of the animals."

Thump

Fluttershy jumped as she heard the sound.

"Fluttershy..."

"N-no..." Fluttershy quietly said as she began to quiver in fear. Was that...

"Where are you?"

Fluttershy ducked under the counter and covered her head with her hooves.

"Come out, dear. I'm not going to hurt you."

Fluttershy looked around for a moment but still didn't get up.

"R-Rarity?" Fluttershy called out quietly.

"It's me, dear. You don't need to be frightened, my darling."

Fluttershy was hesitant, but she got up from under the counter and peeked over the counter and saw a white pony, her purple hair curled at the ends.

"Oh, there you are dear. I was beginning to get worried." Rarity said as she looked at her cowering friend.

"S-sorry..." Fluttershy said as she fully arose from under the counter, her face flushed out of embarrassment.

"Oh, it's quite all right darling! I was actually coming over here to offer you something."

"Okay. What?"

"Would you like to come to the spa with me today? I know it isn't very ideal for your first day out of the hospital, but I figured that you've been under a lot of stress over the past few days, so I thought that it may do you some good if you and I might do that. If you don't completely comfortable going yet, it's perfectly fine."

"Oh... w-well, I don't know... I need t-to take care of my animals first."

"Well, it's up to you, dear. Don't come on my accord."

"I-I guess I could come with you after I feed the animals."

"Oh, marvelous! Let me help you with it."

"No... I-I can get it." Fluttershy said as she picked up one of the bowls, holding it in her mouth by the edge. She tried to grab another with her left wing, but a painful twitch went throughout her wings, causing her to immediately fold them.

"Are you sure? I don't mind at all." Rarity said. Fluttershy tried to grab the second one again, trying with her right one, but the received the same response from her wings.

"O-okay... I guess y-you could help." Fluttershy said as she grabbed a second bowl and balanced it on the top her head. She began to slowly trot outside, waiting for Rarity to answer.

"Okay, dear. I'll just grab these two..." Rarity said. She magically held the bowls beside her as she followed beside Fluttershy. Fluttershy felt a bit more optimistic seeing her friend. She looked over at Rarity and began to feel a bit determined as she sat one of the bowls one the grass in front of the treeline.

I... I think I might be able to tell her about Pinkie after we get done with the spa...

===============