• Published 29th Mar 2015
  • 1,739 Views, 229 Comments

Fuzzy Fluffy Fables - Fuzzyfurvert



A collection of my writings that are too short to post alone or have been posted elsewhere.

  • ...
8
 229
 1,739

PreviousChapters Next
48. Science Dungeon

Author's Note:

Written for a collab prompt but abandoned in favor of a better idea.

They can't all be winners, folks.

For a good thirty seconds, you could have heard a pin drop, it was so quiet in Sunset Shimmer’s basement.

Then Twilight - the native human one, not the pony princess one - cleared her throat, looking down at the floor. Then the ceiling. Then the wall covered in metal racks of shelves that held such sundry supplies as extra paper towels, laundry detergent, and leather polish. That made her cheeks burn, so she tried the other wall. Washer, dryer, giant X-shaped padded harness with straps and shackles, currently occupied by a blindfolded blue-haired girl that was wearing a ballgag and not much else.

That wasn’t working, so she focused on the scene in the middle of the room, zeroing in to block out the girls, one with a giant poof of curly blond hair and another with maroon pig-tails. Twilight willed herself to have tunnel vision, ignoring them there, on their hands and knees, their arms clad in some sort of leather glove that gave them hooves. Their legs bent at the knee, bound tight. The saddles. The bits and bridles, blinders and full custom equestrian tack gear they were each wearing.

She focused, instead, on Sunset Shimmer in her lab coat and big stompy boots. Sunset wearing blue rubber gloves and holding a notepad and paddle. She added the wide well-worn wooden implement to her ignore list, and stared at Sunset’s blushing, confused and vaguely fearful face.

“Um...if you give me a few minutes...I could probably...explain this…” Sunset coughed, tucking the paddle behind her back. Her lab coat opened slightly to reveal she wore ass-less chaps - and nothing else - underneath.

Having nowhere left to avert her eyes to, Twilight merely blinked. They stared at each other for another moment, when she finally opened her mouth. “S-science dungeon...r-right?”

The girl strapped to the big X-shaped harness snorted and started to giggle around her gag. Sunset looked back and forth at the girls and Twilight and nodded. “Yes. That is what this is. My science dungeon.”

“Oooookkaayy…” Twilight cleared her throat again. “I’ll uh...let you finish up...jot down your notes...whatever. Meet me upstairs in the kitchen. I need to talk to you about something concerning magic.” She stood there a moment more, no one moving, and then finally closed the door, leaving Sunset Shimmer to her experiments.

It was several minutes later when Sunset joined her at the small dining table in the kitchen. Twilight turned the ice cold soda can in her hands that she’d retrieved from the fridge moments ago, watching the condensation on the aluminum bead. She looked up when Sunset, the lab coat now tastefully closed and her hair pulled back in a hastily done ponytail, sat down opposite of her.

“So...magic question?”

“Yeah. It’s about that ‘pony-ing up’ thing you do.”

“What about it?”

“How does it work?”

Sunset threw up her hands. “I don’t know! Magic here doesn’t follow half the constants it does in my world! So far, all I’ve been able to determine is that the magic seems to be linked to some sort of essential or basic concept of an individual’s personality. Those sort of indelible qualities, like Fluttershy’s kindness trigger it. Also music...which I have no clue why it does that.” Sunset tiled back in her chair, groaning frustration. “Ugh...why is this important now?”

Twilight turned the can in her hands faster, chuckling nervously.

PreviousChapters Next