• Published 29th Mar 2015
  • 1,735 Views, 229 Comments

Fuzzy Fluffy Fables - Fuzzyfurvert



A collection of my writings that are too short to post alone or have been posted elsewhere.

  • ...
8
 229
 1,735

PreviousChapters Next
39. 'Ostentacious' Unfinished Twilestia prompt

Author's Note:

This one was never finished, and therefore never publish to the Twilestia Collab.

Interesting note: This was supposed to within the same continuity as my fic Taking Off the Masks and Cap(which is in the Collab).

Her Sun was starting to set so Celestia thought it only appropriate to let her shadow lead the way through the crumbling remains of her old home. The Everfree had come to claim this place centuries ago. The roots that broke through the floor tiles and threatened to trip her was the forest’s way of rubbing it’s victory in her face. There were however, still a few places left relatively untouched by the passing of time. Hidden places where she and Luna had spent their time working powerful magic and just being sisters. Places where they relaxed outside of the constant view of their subjects. Places where they had privacy.

“I realize you want to read about my history, Twilight.” Celestia smiled as her student paused and looked back at her. “But I don’t believe there are any personal accounts of that time still in existence.”

She had made sure of that. The sacking and burning of the grand libraries was a tragedy that only she remembered now. Celestia could still smell the smoke of the burning papyrus if she thought about it enough.

“Perhaps,” Celestia paused, inhaling the ghostly scent of burning books and secrets long kept, “you would accept a recounting?”

She watched Twilight’s face split into a huge grin for a second before it turned disappointed. “Then this trip was a waste. I’m sorry Princess. I was really hopeful that there would be something that still remained here, like the journal that detailed the inner workings of the traps and prank devices in the ruins.”

“Oh, it isn’t a waste. I have enjoyed spending the time with you, Twilight.” Celestia allowed her smile to widen as Twilight blushed and the new alicorn’s wings rustled. She was glad to see that her shadow was finally starting to get the hang of her new anatomy.

“But we’ll have to go back to Canterlot, or at least the library in Ponyville! I didn’t bring any materials to take dictation or notes.” Twilight started to pace in the narrow hallway. “I’ll need quills and ink of course, and paper - lots of paper! Depends on the level of detail you want to get into obviously-”

“Twilight.” It wasn’t a question. The simple utterance of her name shut the tiny alicorn down mid sentence. Celestia leaned down to nuzzle the frozen pony, her voice a bare whisper. “I don’t want my words recorded. I told you at the party, last Nightmare Night, that I needed a pony that I could trust in.”

Celestia pulled Twilight close in a hug and reached with one wing to push a stone

PreviousChapters Next