• Published 29th Mar 2015
  • 1,739 Views, 229 Comments

Fuzzy Fluffy Fables - Fuzzyfurvert



A collection of my writings that are too short to post alone or have been posted elsewhere.

  • ...
8
 229
 1,739

PreviousChapters Next
31. Unnamed fic/fic concept.

Author's Note:

This has never been published, and is the opening for a fic that will never see the light of day. It started out as a funny conversation about specific fetish clop in Skype and fleshed itself out into this.

I cut out what little there was of actual clop and decided to keep the concept of Luna creating a AU chamber that can create nearly anything that could be dreamed up. Obviously, this was written quite a while ago, before the end of Season 4.

“It’s a door.” Twilight blinked at the ashe set of double doors. “It’s not even ajar.”

Luna rolled her eyes. “Har har.”

“Well...it’s a pretty door. I like the arched design and the delicate ironwork - nice touch with the runic brands along the bottom, by the way - and the engraving in the wood is quite exquisite, really.” Twilight grinned sheepishly as Luna frowned at her. “Is this why you invited me to the castle?”

Luna nodded curtly. “Yes. It is more than a mere door, Twilight. Unlike my sister, I am not one for silly pranks and jokes! This,” Luna gestured at the door, inset into the northern wall of the Princess’ personal chambers, “is my greatest creation! It is a gateway to the realms of dreams and imagination.”

“I thought you already had dream magic, Luna?”

“Ugh...yes!” Luna stepped forward and slapped the door with her hoof. “This, however, lets me take another pony with me and doesn’t require anypony to be asleep. You pose a question to it and it forms a reality based on it and a long series of assumptions to give you a representation of what that reality might be like. Think of it, Twilight! We could explore any type of situation we could think of all in the safety of Canterlot!”

Twilight pursed her lips as she looked the door over. “It works?”

“Mostly.” Luna shrugged. “Honestly, I was hoping you would help me test it out, work out the kinks.”

Twilight raised an eyebrow. “We get to beta-test a reality creating piece of architecture?”

Luna nodded.

“Then what are we waiting on?” Twilight grinned and moved up to the door and leaned down to squint at the runes. “How do we get it going? Is this the activation trigger here?”

‘Um...yes.” Luna flinched as the younger alicorn tapped at the archaic scripture and sent a ripple of blue-white mana streaking across its surface. “What should we ask it to create for us?”

Twilight tracked the power as traced the lines of the inscribed runes. “Hmmm...well, I am curious about what’s in that crystal lockbox the Tree of Harmony gave us and how we’d use it. I hope it’s an awesome magic spell!”

Luna opened her mouth to respond when there came a loud rumble from beyond the door, followed by a series of knocks and a thin trail of pale blue smoke that started to seep out from under it. The sounds stopped after a moment and the Princess was sure she could smell bacon.

“Is it supposed to do that?”

Luna shrugged and wrinkled her nose. “Your guess is as good as mine. These are more like alpha level tests, really.”

“Now you tell me?” Twilight scowled for a moment when the door slowly opened, complete with creepy creaking noise, to reveal a an exact copy of the room in which they stood. The only difference was the lack of evil doppelgangers and the diamond lockbox sat on the table in the center, its lid loose and partially open. “Well...this looks promising. So far.”

“Shall we?” Luna took a careful step and stretched her head across the threshold. “Zounds! It looks just like my own chambers! Am I good, or what?”

“That remains to be seen, Princess.” Twilight's horn started to glow as she looked the portal over. "It looks stable enough. The matrices feel kind of like one of those magic comic books they sell downtown."

"I must admit their enchantment did offer up some inspiration."

"Well...shall we?" Twilight let her magic sense drop. "I'm curious!"

Luna chuckled and trotted forward with Twilight into the copy reality. Her hooves danced at the success of her spellcraft. "Then let us begin!"

The younger princess had her eyes glued on the crystal lockbox and flipped the lid open with her magic. The interior with lined with red velvet and gilded in gold. Several closed scroll cases sat inside along with a sealed envelope on top.

Twilight pulled the envelope up and turned it over. The seal was a simple wax press stamped with the letters 'FF.' She raised an eyebrow. "FF? Anypony you know, Luna?"

"Neigh."

Twilight shrugged and gently pried it open before pulling out a single, folded slip of paper. "Well, lets see what it says." Twilight clearer her throat.

"Greetings Princesses,

if you are reading this then you have successfully opened the chest of Harmony. Unfortunately, its original contents have been replaced with fetish bait. Have fun!

Sorry about all this.

-Fuzzyfurvert"

“What kind of name is ‘Fuzzyfurvert?’” Luna looked over Twilight’s shoulder at the note. “And what is fetish bait?”

“Uh…” Twilight glanced at Luna out of the corner of her eye. “Perhaps we should leave?”

“But we just started the test, Twilight! Are you not curious about what awaits us?” Luna gestured at the scroll cases that still lay inside the box. “You were hoping for new magic spells. Odd note aside, there is a lot this simulation could teach us.”

Twilight looked back at the scrolls and she could feel the itch of curiosity tickle at her mind. “Ok. I guess we should at least put your spellcraft to test.”

She reached in and pulled one of the cases out. It seemed to be made of smooth lacquered wood with a simple cork stopper. Twilight pried the stopper off and shook out the scroll nestled inside. She then set it on the table and unrolled it so they could both read over it.

“Well,” Twilight squinted, “it is a spell. Looks like a transmutation spell.”

“A complicated one at that.” Luna leaned in next to Twilight and tapped the scroll with a hoof. “See these dynamic modifiers and the spacial limiters? This thing is laced with redundancies and feedbacks.”

Twilight bit her lip as she read over the details. She rubbed her chin after a moment and looked at Luna. “This is an advanced polymorph spell that has had its end shape result set, but allows for variation based on the target - and additionally - recasts the same parameters on the caster, so they both end up in a new shape.”

Twilight grinned. “I want to try this out! This is the most convoluted spell I’ve ever seen on a scroll - I need to try this out!”

Luna took a step back from her companion. “B-b-but, it says it can only be cast on a pony! Shouldn’t we fetch a guinea s-servant?” Luna sputtered as Twilight’s horn started to glow.

“Twilight?” She took another step back. “I realize I just told you we should carry on, but I am beginning to have my dou -!”

PreviousChapters Next