• Published 29th Mar 2015
  • 1,738 Views, 229 Comments

Fuzzy Fluffy Fables - Fuzzyfurvert



A collection of my writings that are too short to post alone or have been posted elsewhere.

  • ...
8
 229
 1,738

PreviousChapters Next
41. Pony Dreams related Twiluna prompt

Author's Note:

I'm starting to run out of these older Twiluna prompts. "Sun" was the prompt for this one.

This is in the same universe as my fic Pony Dreams. Celestia was the only true born Alicorn, Titan of the ponies, and defeated the titans of all the other Equestrian races. The implication here is that she saved Luna's life by transferring the power of one of the other titans into Luna and transforming her into an artificial Alicorn. One of the questions raised in Pony Dreams is the Nightmare is a natural part of Luna's psyche? Or something that stems from this artificial power?

Luna groaned into the filthy heap of straw that served as her pillow and bedding. It smelled of sweat and bile and sickness but it kept her warm and off the hard stone floor of the cave. Her head swam and felt like it was on fire while her back was one numb ache. She was supposed to be dead. The fever took every pony that came in contact with it. It had taken her parents just a month ago.

Luna rolled her head and hacked up a mouthful of...something. It didn’t taste of sickness. It was sweet and thick like syrup. She didn’t recall drinking anything since the fever had robbed her of balance and she had collapsed into the hay that cradled her now.

“Wha...?” Luna gurgled and coughed again.

“Sister?”

Luna forced her eyes open and looked up at the last pony she expected to see. “Tia? Is...is that truly you or am I imagining things again?”

Celestia, resplendent in her golden armor with flowing rainbow mane and old jagged scars, stood over her with the stupidest looking grin Luna could recall seeing on her sister.

“I am not a dream, Lulu. I returned from my quest just this morn to find our parents passed and buried and you about to venture into the void with them.” Celestia eased herself into a comfortable seated position, her legs tucked under herself as her plate armor clacked and jingled like a dozen dull bells being rung at once. “I was almost too late. Some protector of ponies I am.”

Luna smiled slowly. “I thought I would never see you again but here we are. So, I suppose those freak wings of yours are good for something.”

Celestia’s grin fell slightly and she looked uncomfortable. “About that...how do you feel, Lulu?”

“Quite not dead, thank you. My head still feels thick and my back is numb from the shoulders to my haunches.” Luna let her head rest back against the straw and looked past her sister and out the cave mouth into the swirling snows. “I had a very strange dream as I lay here waiting for death.”

“A dream?”

“More a vision.” Luna breathed deeply as her mind resorted the images and sounds she experienced in the grip of fever. “I saw a great white castle. And a small lavender mare with eyes similar to yours. Her’s were prettier though.” Luna smirked at the irked look on her sister’s face.

“She was a great hero, I think, like you. An evil threatened the castle and I could not find you, no matter where I looked. This little pony came to save us, I think? Or, maybe I saved her? We were companions...I think?”

“My sister, the seer.” Celestia snorted. “Are you always this articulate when you speak with others in the dreamworld?”

Luna frowned. “No. Usually I don’t make sense at all.” She giggled softly. “My own dreams are...hard to describe. They are layered in a way that makes storytelling hard. And that is when I remember them. This was so vivid though, Tia, I could feel it. Feel her.”

“Feel her?”

Luna blinked rapidly and blushed. “Well...you know what I mean. But...we were close, I think, this pretty mare and I. She laughed with me, sung songs with me, we danced...maybe and maybe we did more. I think she loved me. It’s hard to remember it all and put it in words. She was very important to me. To you as well, though I cannot recall why. Maybe you taught her to fight?”

Luna sighed. “I remember that the evil threatened the castle and all ponies. You were...missing? I had to save everypony and this mare helped me.” Luna fell silent for a while. “Does a star surrounded by five smaller stars mean anything to you? It seems important for some reason.”

Celestia shook her head. “No, it means nothing to me. But this wouldn’t be the first time you’ve divined the future, sister. Perhaps it will be important later.” Celestia leaned forward, the light reflected from her armor casting strange shadows as she did so. “Do you remember telling me how you dreamed of flying by my side on day?”

Luna nodded. “Yes, that was many years ago now. I was still a daydreaming foal then.” She watched her sister’s face carefully. “Why do you bring that up?”

“Because now that my quest is over, we can see about that making that a reality.”

“My magic is for dream hopping, Tia, not cloud hopping.” Luna smiled and tilted her head slightly. “Is it truly over? Are we safe?”

“All the titans have fallen, Lulu.”

Luna’s smiled widened and she started to laugh, her body feeling less ill and heavy with every gaffaw. “Really? You are the last?”

“Well…” Celestia looked uncomfortable again. “Perhaps I am not the last, nor shall I ever be. I have you with me, Lulu, forever now.”

“What is that supposed to mean?” Luna lifted her head as her body continued to regain its strength. She forced a hoof underneath herself and started to work her way up. “The other titans are no more, right? They won’t prey upon ponies again...right?”

“No.” Celestia looked down, her eyes hard. “I took care of that. They will never return. I am the only true born titan that still walks this world. That’s why...I did what I must. As I have always done.”

Luna opened her mouth to speak but said nothing as Celestia gestured at Luna’s sides with a graceful sweep of her horn. Luna turned again and got her other forehoof under herself as she looked at her still numb back. It looked red and ugly. Her matted coat needed a good brushing, she noted idly. Sprouting from her once smooth and graceful shoulders were two huge wings covered on downy plumage the same color as her fur where it wasn’t covered in dried blood.

Flight lessons would have to wait however. Right now, Luna could only scream.

PreviousChapters Next