• Published 15th Mar 2015
  • 1,639 Views, 99 Comments

Return Of The Lunar Knight: A Sharp Sword's Knight - Moonlit Novel



Evening Star is dead, centuries have past and now Masao returns to Equestria, Bat Ponies in tow

  • ...
18
 99
 1,639

PreviousChapters
Common Era Chapter Twenty-Five/MLP Season Four Chapter Four: Twilight’s Kingdom Part Three

Author's Notes:

Thanks to Deadinlight for beta-reading and helping me edit

I wish to apologize for accidentally unpublishing the previous chapter, I have fixed my mistake, I have no idea how long it was unpublished but I have published it as well as this chapter

Common Era Chapter Twenty-Five/MLP Season Four Chapter Four: Twilight’s Kingdom Part Three

“Alright, y'all. Ah think we've warned everypony to stay inside.” said Applejack as she met up with the rest of the gang, bar Twilight.

“I'm sure Discord will catch Tirek and this will all be over soon.” said Fluttershy as the group still believed that Discord was still trying to capture Tirek.

“I'll bet he takes his sweet time.”

“Or perhaps these things just take time.” scoffed Discord at Rainbow Dash’s accusation and fluttershy tackled him and hugged him.

“You're back! Did you bring the cucumber sandwiches?” asked Fluttershy and Discord poofed a platter of cucumber sandwiches into existence.

“I did. I imagine they'll be your last decent meal for quite some time.” said Discord as he then phased a cage around the mane six, bar Twilight who was not there, as they complained Discord stepped to the side as Tirek showed up.

“You've gathered up all of them?” asked the centaur and Discord nodded.

“And her little dragon, too.” he replied moving his finger away just in time to prevent it from being bit by said dragon.

“Why are you doing this? I thought we were friends!” cried Fluttershy and Discord scoffed at her.

“Oh, we were. But Tirek offered me so much more than just tea parties. Surely you saw this coming?” asked Discord and Fluttershy cried harder in response.

“I didn't. I really didn't.” At that Tirek stomped up and absorbed their magic leaving them so much weaker than before.

“You really think she'd do anything for them?” asked Tirek and Discord grinned evilly.

“If Twilight has magic to give, it will be yours. Soon there won't be a pegasus, earth pony or unicorn who will be able to stand up against us.”

Us? Who said anything about us?” asked Tirek and Discord looked a little uncertain as he replied.

“You did.”

“You've helped me grow strong, you've provided the means by which I can obtain Princess Twilight's magic, and now you are no longer of any use to me.” said Tirek as he then absorbed the shocked draconequus’s magic.

“But you said this was a sign of your gratitude and loyalty. A gift from someone close to you.” said a severely weakened Discord holding up the amulet that Tirek had given him, to ‘prove his loyalty.’

“My brother who betrayed me. It is as worthless as he is.”

“Surely you saw this comin’.” said Applejack almost in a sympathizing manner, though she still felt betrayed, she was not so heartless as to not feel sorry for the draconequus.

“I didn't. I truly didn't.”

- - -

- - -

“Tirek tricked me into believing that he could offer me something more valuable than friendship. But there is nothing worth more. I see that now. He lied when he said that this medallion was given as a sign of gratitude and loyalty. But when I say that it is a sign of our true friendship, I am telling the truth.” said Discord, as he handed Twilight the amulet given to him by Tirek.

"Do you think that's the last one we need?" asked Applejack and Twilight nodded.

"We need to get to the box" with that the group ran off to the Everfree Forest to the cave with the Tree of Harmony...

- - -

“Sweet Celestia! Are you all seeing what I'm seeing?” asked Rarity and Twilight nodded with a confused look upon her face.

“But... whose is it?”

“I believe it is yours, Princess Twilight.” said Celestia and Masao nodded with a forced smile as he staggered forwards, being held up by Luna and Cadance, when Twilight looked at the human she gasped when she saw his eyes, no longer were they his old green eyes, but now his irises were red, the whites of his eyes were green, and there was purple smoke wisping out.

“Masao? Are you—?”

“I am fine, Twilight, but this moment is your own, not mine, go spend it with your friends and with Princess Celestia” said Masao, he had hoped to just go to the castle and mourn Sharp Sword, as he had failed to avenge her, though he knew she would want him to move on, perhaps even look for her in the future surely this was not the last time he would find her…

“You've been wondering what you are meant to do as a princess. Do you know now?” asked Celestia with a smile and Twilight smiled before she spoke up, though in the back of her mind she continued to worry about her teacher.

“As princess, I believe I have the power to spread the magic of friendship across Equestria. That is the role I am meant to have in our world! The role I choose to have! But I didn't defeat Tirek on my own – it took all of us to unlock the chest!”

“Then it is unlikely you are meant to take on this task alone.” said Celestia as she push open a door in the crystal castle to reveal a room full of chairs, each with the cutie mark corresponding with each of Twilight’s friends and herself.

“You are now Twilight Sparkle, the princess of friendship. But what is the princess of friendship without her friends?”

“Wait a minute, where's my throne?!” asked Discord and Fluttershy tsked at him before responding.

“I don't think you're quite there yet.” Discord chuckled in response before offering a small comment.

“Yes, well, I suppose not.”

- - -

“I am not done, I will find you again Evening Star, Sharp Sword, I have loved you through two life times, and have yet to marry you, I will see you married to me before the end of time”

The End?

Author's Note:

That's it for this story, but worry not my readers, I am already starting on the next story and final story, right now, I still need a name, I'm thinking of calling it "The Lunar Knight's Willow Leaf" let me know what you think in the comments below!

and before you ask, yes I copped out of writing the scenes from the show, they went exactly like script, and I cannot improve on perfection so I just linked to the youtube videos, if I violated any rules please inform me and I will rectify my mistake

PreviousChapters
Comments ( 9 )

Well, that was a happy/sad ending to a great story. Now, is Masao stuck in full on "dark magic mode" like Sombra or was he not able to "power down" with his emotions as they were? And for the title for the next story, It's okay, but I think Willow Leaf of The Lunar Knight just sounds better when said aloud.

6007831 sorry for the vast delay in answering this, I have been busy trying to think of an answer that wouldn't give too much away, but, yes, he is stuck in full on "dark mode" as you called it and won't be getting out of it anytime soon

I feel quite empty...All the hype and nothing is shown for it...
He doesn't change the event in any meaningful way...it feel like canon with added human and an OC with more deaths.

6426970 thank you for informing me, and I guess I'll reread the story to find out what loose ends I left

6426979 Case and point why Masao argued against banning them

6427096 Bear in mind that he was going up against a being that had all the magic, save the magic in Twilight and Ponyville Masao was never meant to win, even if that was his goal

6427097 He wasn't supposed to, he tried and failed, to quote "Doctor Who" they were "fixed points in time" things that were going to happen regardless of anyone's meddling

Login or register to comment