• Published 15th Mar 2015
  • 1,639 Views, 99 Comments

Return Of The Lunar Knight: A Sharp Sword's Knight - Moonlit Novel



Evening Star is dead, centuries have past and now Masao returns to Equestria, Bat Ponies in tow

  • ...
18
 99
 1,639

PreviousChapters Next
Common Era Chapter Eleven/MLP Season One Chapter Three: Alienation/Learning Facts about Mankind

Author's Notes

Thanks to Deadinlight for beta-reading and helping me edit

Common Era Chapter Eleven/MLP Season One Chapter Three: Alienation/Learning Facts about Mankind

“So it has truly been a thousand years since thou hast seen me?” asked Luna as Masao, Sharp Sword and her were flown back to Canterlot…

“Yes Luna, it has.”

“I see that thou hast moved on from Evening Star, a unicorn this time” Masao rolled his eyes a smirk growing on his face.

“Not quite—”

“Then what is she to thou? Surely thou didst not start to lay with any random pony that catches thine fancy?”

“Apparently I am the reborn Evening Star” said Sharp Sword as she interrupted Luna’s admonishment of Masao and Luna’s mouth went wide, as did her eyes.

“Truly? I can have time with the pony I once called my sister?” and Masao chuckled but said nothing as the two mares began to talk to each other about so many things some of which did not matter at all to anyone except the trio of beings in the chariot…

- - -

As soon as the chariot landed Masao exited first before saluting with his sword, which unlike his old sword, was a rapier style blade

“Welcome to Canterlot Castle, Princess Luna, Welcome home” said Masao as the blue alicorn stepped out of the chariot almost sheepishly as two bat pony foals ran up to the mare and bowed.

“Princess Luna! The Grand Elder told us so much about you!” said the two young ones as they they smiled at the recently returned princess. Luna looked at Masao who just grinned as he sheathed his blade. At the sound of his footsteps the foals turned to the human and grinned widely. “Grand Elder! Welcome home! Elder Star Burst said you’d be back!”

“And what are you two doing up so late? I do hope you are not stressing out your mothers and fathers” and the two foals looked sheepish as Sharp Sword got herself out of the chariot a frown on her face as she walked towards the two foals.

“I know you aren’t still up and I am just starting to see things, because I am sure I told the lot of you that if I caught any of you still up when we got back, I would tan your hides” Masao rolled his eyes as Sharp Sword threatened the poor foals.

“They do not fear me?” asked Luna in surprise a tear rolling down her face as a smile broke across it. Only for it to fall at Masao’s reply.

“Probably only this clan’s young will feel that way, I kept them away from the negativity of your fall, I did not hide it, but…”

“So the foals elsewhere may fear me…”

“Not so much the foals as everyone else, those raised in the Lunar Remnants will worship you, but other than there and in Masao’s bat pony clan, the adults were raised on the stories of Nightmare Moon, and the fear she inspired” said Sharp Sword with a slight glare at Masao. who shrugged, he had never been one to hide the truth when he had the choice.

- - -

Luna sat in her room, alone again, part of her worried what she had just experienced was just a figment of her imagination when there was a knock at her door. Opening it, she saw Masao and Sharp Sword, each carrying a pillow and blanket with them as she stared at them slack jawed.

“Well are you going to let us in? or are we going to have to sleep out here in the corridor?” asked Masao a crooked grin on his face as Luna just stepped back and the duo just walked into the room only to be pulled into the young alicorns hooves as she hugged them tightly crying in relief and joy that her closest friends were there for her, even without her asking them to help her, they were there…

- - -

The servant opened the door to the room at dawn the next morning, not realizing that someone had moved into the room, and was shocked to see three figures in the bed, and a pair of blue wings covering the two other figures as they slept…

- - -

Celestia chuckled as the trio sat in front of her blushing and refusing to look at each other or her.

“Did you three have fun this morning?” teased the white alicorn and Luna looked at her sister scandalized.

“SISTER! What art thou implying!? I am no harlot! and neither is Sharp Sword! Nor would Ser Masao sleep with one!” said Luna verbalizing her disgust with Celestia’s suggestion but the slight blush on her face suggested that she wasn’t against the idea of sleeping with him, just not out of the blue. However Masao remained quiet, Sharp Sword knew why, he had tried to move on, and the relationships, if they could be called that, made it to that point, and… Just died, either the relationship, or the other party. “Tell her, Ser Masao!” said the mare and when Masao stayed silent she turned towards him. “Ser Masao?”

“I already knew that Masao had slept around before we got back together, he told me about it.” said Sharp Sword as she looked away from the solar princess. Before Masao knew it, they went from being admonished for sleeping in the same bed, to talking about his previous bedmates…

- - -

“So then she tells me that she’d be back safe and sound within the week… She didn’t make it back.” said Masao as he sat down in the dining room with the three mares in his life, he was recalling a particular gryphon with whom he had a small relationship with, mostly that of very close friends, as it never having reached the level of physical intimacy that one would expect from lovers. “I did not take it well… I asked to be deployed where she had been lost, no one survived.” said Masao, Celestia was silent, quietly drinking from her glass. Luna and Sharp Sword looked on in pity for the ones that earned the rightful scorn from Masao.

“I see you led a very violent life after Evening Star’s death” said Celestia calmly, but even Sharp Sword, who had no skill in detecting things in people’s voices, could hear the accusation in her voice.

“How dare you!” said the unicorn mare, standing up from her seat pointing a hoof at the white alicorn. “You send your guard to do many unsavory things, I should know, I had to do them!” snarled the mare

“Sister! Thou knowest we have no room to talk, we have sent many ponies to their death, all in the name of the peace we have cultivated.” said Luna admonishingly and Celestia sighed.

“That does not mean I have to revel in the destruction we have caused dear sister”

“You think I reveled in their destruction? Oh sure maybe when I first killed them, but in the end I knew all I had done was cause more death and it caused me no shortage of sleepless night thinking about all those families who were now missing loved ones. I do not pretend that the human race is a peaceful race, the inventions I told you about, fuck, the inventions your own ponies are inventing are proof of that!” said Masao as he slammed the unloaded flintlock he was carrying on the table.

“I fail to see how these inventions are in anyway equivalent to the weapons of mass destruction your species has created.” countered Celestia and Masao snarled before getting up and walking to the door of the dining room, stopping only for a moment.

“They had to start somewhere, and as luck would have it, these flintlocks are just where they started” and with that he slammed the door shut behind him, Luna remained quiet while Sharp Sword glared at Celestia no longer eating. Celestia for her part was in shock, her own ponies have created an early form of human weaponry? No this was not—

“Sister, Ser Masao is telling the truth. Be-before we fought, he showed me so much from his world, they had a far more advanced version of these flintlocks, they could fire more than one shot before needing to be reloaded. They even had some that fired rapidly… They had to have started somewhere, but do you know what he said when I asked why his rulers didn’t just take them away he laughed before changing the subject, when I attempted to force the issue, he told me that I would not like his answer.” Luna said much to the dismay of Celestia who came to realize she had opened a pandora’s box by funding the research that had led to the invention of the firearm that Masao and several of her own guard now carried, there had been cases where the weapon was misused, but she didn’t know that…

“I hope you are happy, you know Masao told me what his people did, the country he came from, they fought a war for their freedom, twice, once against oppressors and again amongst themselves to remove slavery, and even through all of that, they let the people own firearms, calling it, ‘a God-given right’ that ought to be protected. There had been several murders by these things, and yet they kept them, do you know why?” challenged the mare who had been in combat more recently than the two alicorns.

“Because they are a bloodthirsty species” answered Celestia confidently and Sharp Sword shook her head before getting up again and leaving the room, stopping at the door, just like her lover she turned her head toward the duo still sitting.

“It was because those firearms had also saved twice as many lives without being fired, just by being there” Luna sighed at Sharp Sword’s remark before turning to her sister as Sharp Sword left.

“He was right, I did not like the answer, and I don’t agree with it, if would be better if these weapons were done away with. The sooner the better, because I have a feeling that they will bring nothing but sadness every time they are used” said Luna and Celestia was quiet.

“Perhaps there is a way to keep thing safe, I have seen an elderly couple who were accosted by a couple of thugs survive because the stallion was carrying a firearm with him… But I have also seen our ponies murder with these… Sharp Sword had a point… And so do you dear sister… Perhaps we should talk to Masao before we make any rash decisions” said the solar princess and Luna scoffed.

“Thou thinkest that Ser Masao has all the answers. He doest not knowest in this case. I hath seen his dreams, he is conflicted about these things.” said Luna as she too got up and left the dining room, leaving the solar Diarch to prepare for the day alone, having alienating all of her loved ones for the night…

“I suppose this is how Luna felt…”

Author's Note:

Next update you get two chapters!

PreviousChapters Next